MJ Forever Tribute/ MJJC Statement / Estate statement / Fan letter pg51/ GLE put on administration

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

)o
And a fyi - something we are evaluating at the moment

Dear Messrs. Hunt and Ring:

We, as Michael Jackson's staunch supporters and advocates, refuse to support the Michael Forever Tribute, planned by Global Live Events in October, 2011. Even with the withdrawal of your most recent performer, Gene Simmons, fans feel the damage has already been done. Your apology is too little, too late and does not solve the problems we have with this tribute.

Since the initial announcement, through fan sites and forums and a Facebook page (Fans Against Michael Forever Tribute) fans have voiced their concerns about this tribute. One of the initial concerns was how fans were treated on the Michael Forever Tribute Facebook page. The administrators were rude and deleted comments. Therefore, when the announcement was made that Global Live Events "listened to fans" regarding the addition of Simmons, many fans are doubtful. Fans believe that Global Live Events, in an attempt to qualm the media and the Estate, rescinded their offer to Simmons. Simply put, it is not the fans that Global Live Events is concerned with, but negative media coverage, which in turn affects ticket sales.

From the timing of this tribute, in the middle of Dr. Murray's trial, to the ticketing prices, to the obscurity over what charities will be receiving the donation, to the no-guarantee policy of performers, the addition of Gene Simmons and dishonoring, thus tarnishing Michael Jackson's legacy was simply the last straw. With the damage done, it will be the fans who work hard to overcome this debacle for Michael Jackson's legacy.

Please understand that this tribute is doomed to fail now. Attorneys for the Michael Jackson Estate have written to you about their concerns, and now the Michael Jackson fan base has done the same. Do the right thing for Michael Jackson, and cancel this tribute.

Sincerely,

Thank you Ivy, and MJJC. I'm VERY pleased with the strong stance MJJC has taken on this!

There is also the continuing problem of the family's offering up the CHILDREN with their various ventures, including the sketchy HTW, and now THIS!

I was also gratified by the Estate's letter. It's clear that they monitor the sentiments of the fan-base very closely. Thus far they've held back on going after Katherine, when they clearly COULD -- as the "front-person" for these schemes. Now it appears that the majority of fans are FED UP, so I hope the Estate feels free to draw the line in the sand and go after her, STRONGLY. If they do not, these types of fiascos are bound to clone themselves, endlessly into the future? So now, I feel that a "cease-and-desist" is called for, from the estate. Beginning with shutting down the "tribute" entirely, and then doing a bit of clean-up retroactively?

Adding to the list of opportunistic family-members, is LaToya now. Wow, it would be awful-but-fascinating to be a fly-on-the wall for those FAMILY meetings/scheming sessions? All of them SOOOO transparent.

I don't trust Jerm's new-found conscience. Book coming out soon? (unless he thinks his endless "tweets" are actually some sort of WORK?)

Fascinating, but appalling, to watch an entire family self-destruct this way? I do hope that the Estate will now take steps to shut ALL of this opportunism down . . . . .

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

^ I'm glad for that article, more needs to be made of the kids required involvement and their publicity abuse.

honestly, I haven't seen much advertisement for this concert here in the UK. There was the odd article on BBC news website but really if I wasnt attached to a fan forum I wouldn't know much about it. I think the only way they will cancel it is if there is severely low demand but since thry only need 75,000 people they might be able to do it, but then again all fans attached to clubs know what is going on and so it would be up to the casual fans who i truely hope would rather pay their rent, especially all those in far away lands. So basically their target audience is casual fans in and around Cardiff, so 75,000 looks pretty difficult.

Thanks for the info about the media coverage there. I was wondering if it was getting major mentions.

In the states, I find out more about upcoming concerts through radio. I wonder if there's a lot being said about it on radio stations there, even just in the on air personalities discussing all the controversies.

I doubt if Jermaine was there at the announcement of Kiss, I think he is in Spain.

He and the rest of the family need to stop blaming others when things go wrong, the family didn't have to agree to Global live and what they were proposing and, seriously, they have been in the 'business' far too long for us to believe any of them are naive. Has anyone publically pointed out to Jermaine regarding the LaToya involvement?

And as for somebody blaming Branca, give her time and soon she will think he is the best thing since sliced bread, someone could tell her that the donations are for The Princes Trust (Charles) and not Princess Diana's as she states - the clues is in the name. LOL

And a fyi - something we are evaluating at the moment

Dear Messrs. Hunt and Ring:

We, as Michael Jackson's staunch supporters and advocates, refuse to support the Michael Forever Tribute, planned by Global Live Events in October, 2011. Even with the withdrawal of your most recent performer, Gene Simmons, fans feel the damage has already been done. Your apology is too little, too late and does not solve the problems we have with this tribute.

Since the initial announcement, through fan sites and forums and a Facebook page (Fans Against Michael Forever Tribute) fans have voiced their concerns about this tribute. One of the initial concerns was how fans were treated on the Michael Forever Tribute Facebook page. The administrators were rude and deleted comments. Therefore, when the announcement was made that Global Live Events "listened to fans" regarding the addition of Simmons, many fans are doubtful. Fans believe that Global Live Events, in an attempt to qualm the media and the Estate, rescinded their offer to Simmons. Simply put, it is not the fans that Global Live Events is concerned with, but negative media coverage, which in turn affects ticket sales.

From the timing of this tribute, in the middle of Dr. Murray's trial, to the ticketing prices, to the obscurity over what charities will be receiving the donation, to the no-guarantee policy of performers, the addition of Gene Simmons and dishonoring, thus tarnishing Michael Jackson's legacy was simply the last straw. With the damage done, it will be the fans who work hard to overcome this debacle for Michael Jackson's legacy.

Please understand that this tribute is doomed to fail now. Attorneys for the Michael Jackson Estate have written to you about their concerns, and now the Michael Jackson fan base has done the same. Do the right thing for Michael Jackson, and cancel this tribute.

Sincerely,

WHY, in all the statements, nobody ever mentionned the fact that the kids appear in the terms and conditions of them concert?? Cause, with all the other mess included in this joke of a tribute, THAT is one thing I'm really concerned about.

Last edited:

According to the terms and conditions for the sale of the tickets on the website for the concert, it states: "Michael's mother Mrs. Katherine Jackson has agreed to attend the Concert with as many of Michael's children as are available."

Who is looking out for KJ and MJ? This family have no shame about using old people and children to line there greedy pocket.
What matter of a man are the Jackson's men? None to protect there elderly mother and there orphan N/N,
I strongly say both fans and none fans should boycott this event it's reek with greed.
I have no ideas how MJ deal with this lot so long, they act too greedy to love, alway wanting to trick us fans into buying something. Why can't they deal with thing in a honest way.

what I find interesting about Jermaine's tweets is that he blames the promoters for "using" an 80 year old woman. Katherine is a 80 year old woman....she SHOULD know better by now NOT to get herself wrapped up in messes like this. Jermaine NEVER even mention USING CHILDREN...that there says one of two things to me...either he just doesn't give a hoot about THAT .OR...he didn't DARE even have the nerve to mention the children being USED because he KNEW that the cat would be out of the bag then."admittance" on the part of someone from the Jackson family. NOW we find out that both HIM AND RANDY were both THERE at the time of the Kiss announcement??? THAT..is unbelievable. This family really is twisted in many many different ways.

(note the date of the following article). Does this sound at ALL familiar? Three's the charm? See bolded in the article? WHO, exactly, is "using" an elderly woman here?

Next?

<style>@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }h1 { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 24pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-weight: bold; }a:link, span.MsoHyperlink { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { color: purple; text-decoration: underline; }p { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }address { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-style: italic; }span.Heading1Char { font-family: Times; font-weight: bold; }span.date1 { }span.HTMLAddressChar { font-family: Times; font-style: italic; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }</style> http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2...-defends-tribute-concert-planned-for-michael/

September 9, 2009, 11:56 am
Jermaine Jackson Defends Tribute Concert Planned for Michael

<address>By DAVE ITZKOFF</address>
One day after announcing some of the performers who are to headline a tribute concert for Michael Jackson in Austria later this month, the singer&#8217;s brother Jermaine Jackson denied that Mary J. Blige and Chris Brown would be unable to attend and that the concert had lost the support of some members of the Jackson family, Reuters reported. At a press conference in London on Wednesday, Jermaine Jackson said that though Ms. Blige would be at a fashion event in Italy on Sept. 26, she would fly to Vienna to perform at the Schönbrunn Palace that night. Mr. Jackson also said that Chris Brown, who in August was sentenced to probation for assaulting the pop star Rihanna, would perform at the tribute if he is given permission to leave the United States. &#8220;It&#8217;s just up to what he&#8217;s going through with his court case right now,&#8221; Mr. Jackson said, according to Reuters. &#8220;He&#8217;s definitely going to be here.&#8221; He also said that the Jackson family matriarch, Katherine, was in favor of the concert &#8220;from the very start.&#8221;

The Jacksons have NEVER been able to work together, it's all just one huge power struggle. Maybe in his tweets Jerm is just moaning about his Mother being used to promote this particular concert but is happy for her to promote another concert ie one he is involved in.

Is anyone surprised Rebbie isn't involved in this mess of a tribute?

I'll bet when all the information comes out we will find Rebbie is invoved in this mess of a tribute. Remember she along with Janet is the one who always tries to stay under the radar. The two of them are the real dangerous ones in the family.

WHY, in all the statements, nobody ever mentionned the fact that the kids appear in the terms and conditions of them concert?? Cause, with all the other mess included in this joke of a tribute, THAT is one thing I'm really concerned about.

Carine, your post is inaccurate.

United4MJLegacy released a statement the night of August 14th...and highlighted the kids' inclusion in the T&C section as one of TWO reasons we called for the boycott.

We even included a snapshot of the paragraph re: the children

You can read our statement here:

http://united4mjlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/08/theres-nothing-that-cant-be-done-if-we.html

I'll bet when all the information comes out we will find Rebbie is invoved in this mess of a tribute. Remember she along with Janet is the one who always tries to stay under the radar.

I agree on the Rebbie tip. I also won't be surprised if Rebbie's daughter is there to read one of her poems. LOL!

Listen, at this point in the game, they are gonna have to PAD that line-up with as many Jackson family members as possible, in my opinion. You know just to make sure they can enforce that "50% artist participation" REFUND policy, if they have to.

I also won't be too surprised if Jackie's son the rapper takes to the stage. Him and Jackie can do a duet. Now Austin is a different story, I'm not too sure he or whomever is handling his affairs would want their artist to be involved in all of this drama and bad press. But then again, you never know. If Grandma BEGS him, he may say yes.

United4MJLegacy released a statement the night of August 14th...and highlighted the kids' inclusion in the T&C section as one of TWO reasons we called for the boycott.

http://united4mjlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/08/theres-nothing-that-cant-be-done-if-we.html

Right.

The M.J.A.N. statement also mentions the "required" appearance of the CHILDREN.

http://mjanwatch.wordpress.com/2011...rt-for-michael-jackson-by-global-live-events/

The possibility that Michael's children would have appeared at a concert that included KISS, is horrible!

Thank you for this....
Right.

The M.J.A.N. statement also mentions the "required" appearance of the CHILDREN.

http://mjanwatch.wordpress.com/2011...rt-for-michael-jackson-by-global-live-events/

The possibility that Michael's children would have appeared at a concert that included KISS, is horrible!

and this...it is important to remind people of the facts ..

These people have ZERO fan support.. If they go through with it, they are going to look even WORSE, if that's even possible.

Last edited:

Ok ok... not all the statements.. but those I read. (sorry I'm not all over the web nor a member of every fanboard existing..)

I meant in the MJJC statement and Estate statement. Geez don't kill me for that, but thanks for including it

I'm so innacurate.. I'll just go home :ninja:

another negative story

Let's Face It, The Michael Jackson Tribute Gig Is Going To Suck

It reads like the kind of random collection of acts you&#8217;d find honking above Steve Jones&#8217; klaxon at a T4 On The Beach show. Craig David! Pixie Lott! Alexandra Burke!

What could this be? The line up for The Paul O&#8217;Grady Show? The list of talking heads rushing to talk about #mygoodfriendamywinehouse for the latest Channel Five documentary?

Nope, it&#8217;s the line up for Michael Jackson tribute concert which takes place in MJ&#8217;s spiritual home. You know, Wales.

In the heartfelt statement, Katherine Jackson says: &#8220;It is intended to be the biggest, and the best concert event in the world for many years to come. This is how Michael would have wanted it.&#8221;

Which just tips the whole thing from &#8216;quite funny&#8217; to &#8216;delusional and sad&#8217; especially when the likes of Alien Ant Farm are involved. Do you remember them? Their one moment of chart glory was when they took the piss out of &#8216;Smooth Criminal&#8217; at a time when US punk covers were a kind of backhanded compliment (not to mention an easy way to get a hit).

KISS were also slated to appear until recently, which is bizarre when you think that when those Michael Jackson accusations were being made Gene Simmons told Classic Rock magazine : "There's no question in my mind [Michael] molested those kids. Not a doubt."

Eek. Say what you really think, Gene.

How does that kind of oversight take place? Well it&#8217;s not the first time. Who can forget the notoriously homophobic Axl Rose duetting with Elton John on &#8216;Bohemian Rhapsody&#8217; at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert?

Tribute concerts are a strange beast; where the wants of promoters and the availability of &#8216;talent&#8217; doesn&#8217;t necessarily tally with who the artist was or what they would have wanted.

They work much better in the controlled environment of an award show. This year&#8217;s VMAs are set to pay tribute to both Amy Winehouse ( my money is on Christina Aguilera emoting the shit out of &#8216;Back To Black&#8217;) and Britney Spears (which probably won't feature Christina Aguilera performing anything, except perhaps the entire plot of Whatever Happened To Baby Jane in her head).

I expect both to be a heady mix of groan-inducing and awe-inspiring, but the great thing is that the "tribute section" of the show will be over in 10-20 minutes and then it will move onto the next thing. Which, I&#8217;m sure you&#8217;ll agree, is the best way to handle this "tribute" business.

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=148&p=10945&title=when_tribute_gigs_go_wrong&more=1&c=1

Ok ok... not all the statements.. but those I read. (sorry I'm not all over the web nor a member of every fanboard existing..)

I meant in the MJJC statement and Estate statement. Geez don't kill me for that, but thanks for including it

I'm so innacurate.. I'll just go home :ninja:

aww..thats ok..we all make mistakes..not a big deal...come back....:hug:

So this is possible assuming Michael's children agree to this.
What if they don't or what if they change their mind and will not participate? Would that represent a breach of "contract"?
I mean how can you possibly "promise" in the contract that (any)kids (that can't make legally binding decisions) are obliged (?) to do something.

So this is possible assuming Michael's children agree to this.
What if they don't or what if they change their mind and will not participate? Would that represent a breach of "contract"?

No, because it's written as many of MJ's kids as available... so if it's none, then it's none.. or they'll bring Obee??? :wtf:

anyway the other Jacksons will represents more than 50% of the acts, so you won't be able to ask for a refund if PPB doesn't show up.

Mind you it does say 'with as many of Michael's children that are available' (or similar wording) so if they are not available they won't be there. It's in the media that we have read that they want to go and will be there. What I would like to see is KJ and the families contracts!

Oops must type faster

No, because it's written as many of MJ's kids as available... so if it's none, then it's none.. or they'll bring Obee??? :wtf:

:lol:

The as many kids as available is a carrot to get fans to buy tickets. nothing more imo then if the dont attend theres no come back as it says available.the fact they are using the kids possible appearence as a ticket seller is bad enough

I mean how can you possibly "promise" in the contract that (any)kids (that can't make legally binding decisions) are obliged (?) to do something.

This woman convinced a 25 year old Michael to do the Victory Tour
This woman convinced a 40 year old Michael to bring the bros on the MSG 30th anniversary

Imagine how convincing she can be with 3 kids.

well it wouldnt have been difficult. The kids have been told this is going to be the biggest and best tribute of their dad ever. I'm beginning to get worried about their level of disappointment, although I guess the silver lining might be a wakeup to the crapness of their families business skills.

In this case I hope that (given the concert takes place after all of the protest) the kids would appear as "unavailable"
This woman convinced a 25 year old Michael to do the Victory Tour
This woman convinced a 40 year old Michael to bring the bros on the MSG 30th anniversary

Imagine how convincing she can be with 3 kids.
You might be right though :(

'kids do you want to go to a concert for your Dad where everybody will love you and scream your name or do you want to go to school' I think we all know the answer! As Elusive said this is about them being used to sell tickets.

'kids do you want to go to a concert for your Dad where everybody will love you and scream your name or do you want to go to school' I think we all know the answer! As Elusive said this is about them being used to sell tickets.

Well, presented this way, I guess Blanket would say he prefers to go to school...

Btw.. I wonder when Blanket will say 'stop calling me Blanket, I have a name you know!!' I'm waiting for that moment....

Back