MJ Unreleased Song Titles (paper from inside his house) am I late on this?

Hey AlwaysThere or anybody that knows...

Has it been confirmed whether the "You Were There" that was listed is the same song that Michael did for the Sammy Davis thing? I'm assuming it is.

No clue, to be honest. I assume the same thing, though.

We don't even know whether all of these songs are complete or not. These notes are interesting because they let us understand how many songs he may have been working on or may have wanted to work on. we don't know. I don't say they have to be released or leaked, but if they come out somehow, I'll listen to them for sure.

They aren't all complete. According to Joe Vogel, most of them don't have usable vocals, unfortunately.

ecd2ca7924c451d8977b2b854bb0b5bf_xl.jpg

9af2dd60fb475275876b1a1d7342bf7b_xl.jpg

@AlwaysThere: I hope you don't mind that I've edited your post.;)

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2013/06/14/...side-death-house-drugs-propofol-0319-480w.jpg
PAGE ONE
  • Lady of Summer
  • Hollywood Tonight
  • Shut Up and Dance
  • Rock Tonight
  • Adore You
  • Breath
  • I Am That One
  • Everybody Wants to Be a Movie Star
  • Beautiful Girl
  • MJ Barry Gibb Song (All in Your Name)
  • Scared of the Moon
  • Thank Heaven
  • Ghost of Another Lover
  • Gloucestershire
  • Throwing Your Life Away
  • Leaving Today to Behin[d]

PAGE TWO
  • Lonely Bird
  • Broken Chair
  • Red Eye
  • Way You Love Me
  • The Loser
  • Best of Joy
  • D.I.E.
  • Is She Coming Back
  • Dark Lady H2O
  • Bottom of My Heart
  • Hold My Hand
  • Remember What I Told You
  • Can't Stop Loving You
  • Silent Spring
  • You Were There
  • Lady of Summer
    I???
    "I love you" Taryl[l] Jackson
    (I guess he wanted to work w/ Taryll on some songs)

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2013/06/14/...side-death-house-drugs-propofol-0317-480w.jpg

• Red Eye
  • Ways You Love Me
  • The Loser
  • Best of Joy
  • Lady of Summer
  • Is She Coming Back=Freeze (he probably meant "Dr. Freeze")
  • D.I.E.
  • Dark Lady H2O
  • Don't Walk Away (w/ notes: "Killer" & "M.J. N? P??er" )
  • Bottom of My Heart
  • Hold My Hand
  • Remember What I Told You (w/ note: N?? [probably NOC?])
  • Can't Stop Loving You (with note: Melodyne now)
  • Silent Spring (circled)
  • You Were There
  • Barry Gibb MJ Song (All in Your Name)
  • Hollywood Tonight
  • Shut Up and Dance (w/ note: "finish")
  • Scared of the Moon (w/ note: "finish")
  • Beautiful Girl (w/ note: "finish")
  • Cheater (w/ note: "finish")
  • Rock Tonight
  • Adore You
  • Too Late to Turn Back Now (w/ note: "vocoders")
  • Breath (circled)
  • I Am That One (circled)
  • Ghost of Another Lover (w/ arrow pointing to the backside of the sheet)
  • Everybody Wants to Be a Movie Star

Last edited:
I'm wondering which songs would have made it onto the new album if MJ hadn't died?

I love these pictures. In my eyes, it gives us a glimpse of what Michael had in store for us after TII. So many great songs on these lists, that we may never hear 100% completed.

I wonder how many of these songs are completed/in a releasable state. Travis3000 can you shed any light on this?

@AlwaysThere: I hope you don't mind that I've edited your post.;)

Not at all! Any new/corrected info is welcome -- thank you!

I wonder how many of these songs are completed/in a releasable state. Travis3000 can you shed any light on this?

I know this much:

• "Shut Up and Dance" - incomplete/never recorded
  • "Breathe" - incomplete/never recorded
  • "Gloucestershire" - incomplete/scratch vocals
  • "Dark Lady/H2O" - incomplete/partial vocal
  • "Bottom of My Heart" - incomplete
  • "Adore You" - incomplete
  • "Throwing Your Life Away" - complete
Additionally, I clearly remember somebody (possibly from this forum) claiming that they spoke with John Branca at an Estate release party, and he confirmed that "Red Eye" existed in some capacity. I wish I could remember the source though.

But nearly every other song title is a complete enigma. Joe Vogel stated on Twitter that most of the songs were incomplete, but that could mean anything -- missing one verse, missing vocals entirely, missing backing vocals, etc. I'd love for somebody on the MJ Cast to sit with Michael Prince and Brad Buxer and go through these tracks title by title. I'm fascinated to learn about them.

I'm hoping some of these tracks have enough vocals for a release or they could also be used for potential duets.
Not at all! Any new/corrected info is welcome -- thank you!

I know this much:

• "Shut Up and Dance" - incomplete/never recorded
  • "Breathe" - incomplete/never recorded
  • "Gloucestershire" - incomplete/scratch vocals
  • "Dark Lady/H2O" - incomplete/partial vocal
  • "Bottom of My Heart" - incomplete
  • "Adore You" - incomplete
  • "Throwing Your Life Away" - complete
Additionally, I clearly remember somebody (possibly from this forum) claiming that they spoke with John Branca at an Estate release party, and he confirmed that "Red Eye" existed in some capacity. I wish I could remember the source though.

But nearly every other song title is a complete enigma. Joe Vogel stated on Twitter that most of the songs were incomplete, but that could mean anything -- missing one verse, missing vocals entirely, missing backing vocals, etc. I'd love for somebody on the MJ Cast to sit with Michael Prince and Brad Buxer and go through these tracks title by title. I'm fascinated to learn about them.

I'm hoping some of these tracks have enough vocals for a release or they could also be used for potential duets.

The duet idea still doesn't sit right with me. If they went the respectful route -- people Michael either wanted to collaborate with (e.g., Lady Gaga, Ne-Yo) or people he had collaborative history with (e.g., Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney) -- I'd be excited. But God knows they won't, and I'd rather not deal with another Drake situation.

‘Red Eye’ exists in some capacity because it has been described as an instrumental song with a total duration of less than three minutes (02:51).

Also, some other unreleased, unheard instrumental songs exist (from his entire career, like the ‘MJ Melody’ instrumental song recorded in the '80s), so this compels one to ask:

Were these instrumental songs meant to be released as only instrumental songs (so in that case they are actually finished songs), or were they songs that Michael Jackson was about to record later also his vocals on them which makes them unfinished songs?

Also, as the Estate’s Chief Executive Rob Stringer put it, Michael Jackson’s catalogue does offer unreleased songs for future releases, but their philosophy is not to include them on full-fledged albums but to release them periodically as separate tracks mainly for streaming services.

La Toya Jackson also possesses many unreleased songs that his brother Michael Jackson recorded (from the ‘BAD’ era onwards, but mainly songs that he recorded after 2005), and the important thing here is that many of these songs are allegedly the only copies of these songs.

For example, she has some unreleased songs from the Will.i.am recording sessions that Will.i.am himself does not have.

As long as I get „Adore You“ someday everything is ok. Don’t know why but that title fascinates me so much. I just hope it is vocally complete (enough).

Travis3000 is one of the luckiest fans on this site in my opinion. As I've said elsewhere, we've yet to gather any insight into Michael's post-2005 songwriting capabilities; every song we've heard was written either by someone else ("Hold My Hand") or years/decades prior ("Best of Joy"). Above anything else, I'm dying to hear how his creativity held up.

mjfan_93;4288471 said:
As long as I get „Adore You“ someday everything is ok. Don’t know why but that title fascinates me so much. I just hope it is vocally complete (enough).

Brad Buxer spoke about "Adore You" on the MJ Cast. Evidently he recorded a 40-piece choir for it in his house in 2007-08, and he wishes Michael had the opportunity to finish it before he passed. He never specified how vocally complete it is sadly, so here's hoping!

Mike Smallcombe did claim that "Adore You" was originally an Invincible outtake, so we can strike that title from the list of songs written post-trial.

The Justin Timberlake & Drake duets have been a success but I agree they should be careful of who to choose.
The duet idea still doesn't sit right with me. If they went the respectful route -- people Michael either wanted to collaborate with (e.g., Lady Gaga, Ne-Yo) or people he had collaborative history with (e.g., Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney) -- I'd be excited. But God knows they won't, and I'd rather not deal with another Drake situation.

Brad Buxer spoke about "Adore You" on the MJ Cast. Evidently he recorded a 40-piece choir for it in his house in 2007-08, and he wishes Michael had the opportunity to finish it before he passed. He never specified how vocally complete it is sadly, so here's hoping!

Mike Smallcombe did claim that "Adore You" was originally an Invincible outtake, so we can strike that title from the list of songs written post-trial.

He also said that Adore You sounds like Will You Be There, a little bit.

Back