MJJC Legacy Project - Media Advocacy E-Mail Alert System

Hello riviera 1992,

Thank you for bringing up these important points.
It would be very helpful if you could post the link to the Open Letter to Oprah.
As the shows have not been aired yet and we really do not have a hands-on situation to deal with, we encourage our members to respond individually to Oprah's page in order to express their concerns and requests in a polite and factual manner.

http://www.oprah.com/oprah_show.html

Please feel free to inform the Media Advocacy Team on any media related event or article you come across, as well as your input and information. We expect our members to be active in providing the team with links to articles or broadcasts that need to be addressed.

Hello riviera 1992,

Thank you for bringing up these important points.
It would be very helpful if you could post the link to the Open Letter to Oprah.
As the shows have not been aired yet and we really do not have a hands-on situation to deal with, we encourage our members to respond individually to Oprah's page in order to express their concerns and requests in a polite and factual manner.

http://www.oprah.com/oprah_show.html

Please feel free to inform the Media Advocacy Team on any media related event or article you come across, as well as your input and information. We expect our members to be active in providing the team with links to articles or broadcasts that need to be addressed.

You've probably seen it by now but just in case here it is:
Open letter to Oprah http://www.oprah.com/community/thread/146120

My apology if I was a little abrupt but right now my tolerance for ignorance is very very low. In this youtube age and internet information super highway there is absolutely no reason for perpetuating lies about anything when one is supposed to be a professional reporter/show host. I guess thorough research is overrated. :(

And thanks for my email alert.
Keep up the good work.

God Bless!

Hello sweet riviera1992,:wub:

I am totally Michael-ing you right NOW and I won't apologize one bit for it!! LOL !!
:hysterical::woohoo:!!

:wub::dancin::agree::cheeky::wild::angel:

You've probably seen it by now but just in case here it is:
Open letter to Oprah http://www.oprah.com/community/thread/146120

My apology if I was a little abrupt but right now my tolerance for ignorance is very very low. In this youtube age and internet information super highway there is absolutely no reason for perpetuating lies about anything when one is supposed to be a professional reporter/show host. I guess thorough research is overrated. :(

And thanks for my email alert.
Keep up the good work.

God Bless!

Last edited:
Mackenzie Protest:

At 10:35 am on November 9, 2010 on ITV This Morning, a breakfast show programme, media commentator and ex-editor of The Sun newspaper -- Kelvin MacKenzie -- appeared as a guest on ITV THIS MORNING.
MacKenzie point blank accused Michael Jackson of being a child abuser, mocked his parental link to his children, and essentially said Michael's children -- and other children -- were better off now that he was dead.

Full transcript link here: http://tinyurl.com/238kbw9

Excerpt:

* After they showed a clip of Paris saying MJ was a great father and saying they used to go to Art galleries together and play tag in the garden: *

Kelvin McKenzie said:

" well it's nice of her to say that about her dead father but I have a much more significant question about how and why some of those children were born, and under what circumstances and whether in the end he would have turned out to be a great father. Certainly there are aspects of him that your audience would raise their eyebrows at. In fact the death of Michael Jackson may well have saved some children from a lifetime of being mentally corrupted. "

Philip Schofield (the presenter): " we don't know that though. "

Kelvin Mackenzie: " No, but at the same time he has faced a number of charges and allegations and I feel the children are better off now he has died. "

Philip Schofield: " I am sure they would disagree with you'

* End of excerpt*

Mr MacKenzie made his comments in response to the airing of Oprah Winfrey's programme with Mr Jackson's parents and his surviving children on November 8, 2010. ITV this morning is a breakfast show like Good Morning America, there to provide news and magazine style items -- not disseminate unproven, seriously accusatory monologues about a dead man to an entire country while they eat their breakfast cereal.

Below are the contact details, both telephone number and email. Obviously it important every single legacy member gets on this.

1: How to complain specifically to ITV THIS MORNING:

Tel: For UK 08000 30 40 44 OR 0844 88 14150

Tel: From US 011 44 8000 30 40 44 OR 011 44 844 881 4150

The FIRST telephone number (ending in 44) is open between 09:00 (GMT) and 12:30 (GMT) MON-FRI.
This telephone number is the specific telephone number for complaints to ITV This Morning.

The SECOND telephone number (ending in 4150) is a more general complaints number that is open from 09:00 to 19:00 (GMT) Mon - Fri, but it is better to telephone your complaint to the first number.

When you get through to the second number, you will come through to an auto voice, press 2. Then you go through to another auto voice offering you another choice, press 4.

An ITV staff member should then pick up the phone. They may let it ring awhile, as they are playing hardball now. When they pick up, they'll encourage you to call back. Some fans reported ITV staff putting the phone down on them. But they are obliged to take your details.

They will ask for your name and email. They may ask where you're calling from. You don't have to give a full address, just location (see list below). I didn't give my address, just the town. If they ask, say you'd rather just leave an email, not a number -- if they ask why, say you don't want marketing calls.

Examples of areas in ( mostly) London to say you're from: .

Crouch End
Hampstead
Notting Hill
East Finchley
Kentish Town
Dulwich
Richmond
Camden
Turnpike Lane
Wood Green
Islington
Edgware
Mill Hill
Maida Vale
Kilburn
Acton
Willesden Junction
Rickmansworth
Hackney
Ilford
Dagenham
Holloway
Belsize Park
Highgate
Thornton Heath
Hackney
Cambridge
Putney
Chelsea
Barnes
Croydon
Mitcham
Camberley
Woking
Reading
Marylebone
Holland Park
Soho
Hammersmith
Ealing
Stamford Brook
Lisson Grove
Holborn
High Barnet
Golders Green
Wembley
Hounslow

2: Legacy members can also email at: viewerservices@itv.com

and ITV C.E.O adam.crozier@itv.com

3: Alternatively, you can write to:

Viewer Services
ITV Plc
Gas Street
Birmingham
B1 2JT

4: There is NO longer any need to contact OFCOM as they have officially stated that in their opinion, no breach of their code occurred. Obviously, this is nonsense, as how much more offensive does one have to get on live TV to be considered a breach of OFCOM rules. But lets use this insult to our intelligence to spur us on to double our efforts to complain directly to ITV This Morning.

TELEPHONE AND EMAIL ITV THIS MORNING DAILY. IT IS CRITICAL WE RESPOND TO THIS, UNTIL AN ON-AIR APOLOGY IS MADE. WHEN OR IF AN APOLOGY IS MADE, NOTIFICATION WILL BE MADE ONLINE TO THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY SO EVERYONE KNOWS TO STOP CALLING AND WRITING.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you for the heads up Deborah--in fact I was on my way here to post Charles Thomson's relevant tweet on the subject posted just a while ago:

CEThomson Charles Thomson
Kelvin McKenzie calls Michael Jackson a child abuser and says his kids are better off now he's dead: http://tinyurl.com/238kbw9

We will discuss this with my colleagues in the Media Advocacy team and alert the group with our comments.

Yes thank you Deborah and Maria.

ATTENTION!!
To all of our MJJC family members,

Hold on to your hats, because I think we are going to need to strap ourselves in. :doh: It's starting already. :no: We (Media Alert team) are working on a story that we will be posting about. Please look for it soon.

Also, if you want to be on the email alert distribution list, please send us an email to legacymjjc@hotmail.com. Please provide us with your email address (if it's not the one you sent the request from), your MJJC user ID and we'll send you a response advising you have been added to the list. If you've already done so but haven't received any communications, please resend and we'll add you (our apologies for missing it the first time). If you have a story you wish for the team to address, please post it here, but also send an email to the above-referenced email and add in the subject line "Story to be addressed". That will help us differentiate your email from the others. Someone will respond advising that we've received your story suggestion and the team will evaluate to determine if we will be able to address the story. Remember that we can only address untruths and misinformation. We can not address opinions. Thank you in advanced for your assistance. As I mentioned above, I think we are going to see alot of activity and we are also relying on our MJJC family members to help us.

Sending a MAJOR L.O.V.E. :wub:and (((((((HUG))))))) :better:to you all on behalf of the Media Advocacy Media Alert team (MJJLaugh, Maria MJ and windy09 (me))
Thank you!!!!

Last edited:
Not only can we raise our respectful but firm concerns to itv.com themselves for airing this programme, we can in our complaints take it a step further as airing this actually BROKE the rules that govern what is shown and aired on TV.:ranting
The governing body known as OFCOM has rules and guidelines regarding what is aired, and rule section 2.2 clearly breaks this rule regarding the This Morning show.
Here's the link to ofcom
http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/broadcasting/broadcast-codes/broadcast-code/harmoffence/

And here is the copied and pasted section 2.2 that clearly BREACHES this!
2.2 Factual programmes or items or portrayals of factual matters must not materially mislead the audience.(Note to Rule 2.2: News is regulated under Section Five of the Code.)

The appauling comments by Kelvin MacKenzie clearly misleads the audience!
Now fans can have more credibility when making this complaint.
Mention to itv.com that you are aware of the rules regarding airing of tv progs, then also take it a step further to ofcom themselves.
We demand a public apology for this!!!!!

ITV has removed the offending MacKenzie clip from Tuesday's episode on ITVplayer but still refuses to give fans/family an on-air apology.

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
If we don't get an on air apology from ITV soon, my next step is legal. The time for bad mouthing & spreading lies about my uncle are OVER.

Thanks Shba1, ITV removing the vid is actually an admission of guilt.
They need to step out with a formal apology.

<!--[if !mso]> <style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves>false</w:TrackMoves> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";} </style> <![endif]--> MJJC Family,

Another story we will need to follow up on ASAP. We will be sending out an email from the Media Alert team. If you are not included in the Media Alert Email distribution list, please send an email to legacymjjc@hotmail.com and we'll add you to the list.

In the mean time, here is some information:

“Michael Jackson’s Dangerous Liaisons,” written by convicted pedophile Thomas O’Carroll, is still being sold on Amazon.com, even as Michael Jackson advocates were successful in getting it removed from other online booksellers.

http://tinyurl.com/285k7y2

Recently, a book about pedophilia was removed from Amazon due to pressure from this story carried by various news outlets, the most scathing of which was Anderson Cooper 360 on CNN. Dr. Phil forcefully
chimed in and, in the end, the negative PR was just too much for Amazon.

We feel that now is the time to pressure Amazon into removing “Michael Jackson’s Dangerous Liaisons.” However, it’s important that we not draw attention to “Michael Jackson’s Dangerous Liaisons” in the
community at large. You may contact Amazon.com at the following:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/<wbr>contact-us/general-questions.<wbr>html

Amazon is being clever in saying that they are no longer selling the Carl Thom Book; however, if you look more closely, the available books are being sold by other sellers through the Amazon site, rather than being stocked by Amazon themselves. Regardless, the book still can still be purchased through their website, thus we need to get them to remove it.

Therefore, we are recommending that we ask Amazon to intervene as responsible booksellers and request the sellers remove the books. Also we can contact the sellers themselves by clicking on their names, which will direct you to a page where you can 'Contact the Seller” directly.

If you don’t have an account at Amazon, you can send snail mail or call:

Amazon
Attention: Customer Complaints
1200 12th Avenue South
Suite 1200
Seattle, WA 98144

Phone: 206-266-1000 (PST)
Sending a MAJOR L.O.V.E. to you all. :wub:

Last edited:
Hello,

I have sent a response about the latest Email Alert. Please do not be angry. Please read email and below links. Printing Discontinued May 2010

http://www.troubador.co.uk/news_detail_troubador.asp

What is left over is stock attempting to be sold off by independent merchants not Amazon, not any more. It is purchased by those of a particular taste and by haters to use against MJ and us, to upset and distract us and to hopefully bring knowledge of it back in the public's eye and therefore the implied association of the two. It is still available and purchased much like R. Chandler, D Dimond & I Halperine's book are.

There is more to this book than then the implications. There is a group who is attempting to use MJ's name, to say he was one of theirs like so many good and bad did and do. They are looking for publicity.

As a member of the group who fought this I have observed some link or webpage referring to it will pop up just before Murray is to return to trial. I am very familiar with the book, author and those who sponsored it having investigated it when it first appeared on Amazon. It took the efforts of two people to stop it. One who is continuously labeled the victim who wouldn't testify. Again he had to exposure himself and career to the negative to be a true friend.

With respect for you and love for the Greatest Man I've known.

Dialdancer

Last edited:
Updates on the McKenzie issue

Update: Mackenzie Protest: Monday November 15.

Due to the raising of voices in protest at the contemptible and shocking comments of Kelvin Mackenzie, ITV removed the segment where the ex-Sun editor made those comments. This was a tacit admission by ITV that this incident was indeed offensive. OFCOM thought otherwise. But the decision to continue the protest has rippled through an ever-growing group of concerned individuals - both in the UK and around the world.

Now with the news that not only Taj Jackson, but also Mr Paul W Jones, US Ambassador to Malaysia, have added their voices to the growing chorus of protest over Kelvin MacKenzie's controversial comments -- fresh impetus has been added to the protest which resumes from November 15.

We are hoping the media will pick up on this story, and those participating in this effort are being asked to tip Roger Friedman and other media outlets, the links to a sawf news article: http://tinyurl.com/2u48hfy - which report's Taj Jackson's comments, and also British journalist, Charles Thomson's report about the Malaysian Ambassador: http://tinyurl.com/36zv6a3

Now is the time to reinforce the pressure on ITV. We are asking ITV for more than just a removal of the MacKenzie segment. We are asking ITV to officially distance themselves from a man with a proven history of making inaccurate, repellent statements -- and further, to offer a simple, and sincere apology to both the Jackson family and those around the world -- including UK viewers -- who are profoundly disgusted that no on-air apology has as yet been forthcoming. All those joining us from tomorrow, Monday, November 15, are advised to follow Charles Thomson, Seven's, or Deborah Ffrench's tweets to get updates about information you will need to come across as resident in the UK when you call the ITV complaint lines, and to also read the information below:

* Remember: We are asking for an an-air apology for the gross offence caused by Kelvin Mackenzie's comments*

( If you do not live in the UK, find out what the international code is from your country)

1st Number:

0 11 44 8000 30 40 44 (Lines open 09:00 GMT - 12:30 GMT) ( If you live in UK: call 08000 30 40 44 - free)

The number above is the direct complaints number for " This Morning, " on British TV Channel ITV - thus the programme is called ITV This Morning. The person answering this number is obliged to take your details, so even if they try to tell you something different -- do not allow yourself to be transferred or ' told to ring back.'

As far as what details to give: you only have to give a name and your email * YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE YOUR TEL NUMBER.* If asked to give your number you can simply say - ' when I give my number out to companies, I get marketing calls -- but I'm happy to leave my email.' By not giving your number, you cannot be identified as an overseas caller, and as lots of Americans and Europeans live in the UK --for instance we have lots of American Schools here for sons and daughters of diplomats, people working in banking, finance, publishing etc -- an identifiable accent is therefore not an issue. The point is: there are lots of Americans living in the UK.

2nd Number:

0 11 44 844 881 4150 (Lines open 09:00 GMT - 19:00 GMT) ( If you live in UK: call 0844 881 4150 -free)

This second number is a general complaints number, where they log the amount of complaints. As it is open until 19:00 (GMT), many of you in the US - being up to 8 hours behind UK time, may find it more convienient to call this number. N:B When you call this number you will be prompted an auto voice will ask you to choose options, after hearing the selection:

1st step is:--

Press 2 on your telephone pad

2nd step is:--

When the next auto voice asks you to choose again

Press 4 on your telephone pad.

You will then go through to staff who will take your complaint. The phone may ring for a while. Stay on the line. When they do pick up, he/she will ask you which program you are complaining about -- your answer should be ' This Morning.' They may then try to blow you off or say 'oh you need to speak to that department on another number.' At this point you should politely insist that you already have, but that you want to register your complaint 'here' also. Again, you do not have to give telephone number -- just a name, and, if they ask for it -- an email address.

They will however ask you WHERE you are calling from. Below is a selection of places in the UK that you could be calling from. You don't need to give a street name or door number - just a location is fine. Simply choose ONE 'area' from the list below:

*Places in London*:

PADDINGTON
CAMDEN
LISSON GROVE
HAMPSTEAD
LISSON GROVE
WIMBLEDON
EAST FINCHLEY
MILL HILL
HOLLOWAY
FINSBURY PARK
HOLLAND PARK
KILBURN
TURNPIKE LANE
FULHAM
KNIGHTSBRIDGE
ROYAL OAK
LADBROKE GROVE
HACKNEY
ACTON
SHEPHERDS BUSH
BARNES
HIGH BARNET
HIGHGATE
BELSIZE PARK
CHALK FARM
REGENT'S PARK
ISLINGTON
WHITE CITY
ST JOHN'S WOOD
SWISS COTTAGE
QUEEN'S PARK
LONDON BRIDGE
TOWER BRIDGE
STOKE NEWINGTON
WHITECHAPEL
GOLDERS GREEN
HENDON
BATTERSEA
LONDON BRIDGE
PUTNEY
CRICKLEWOOD
WOOD GREEN
SOUTHGATE
FARRINGDON
WAPPING
BISHOPSGATE
EARL'S COURT
ANGEL
BLACKHEATH
LAVENDER HILL
TOWER HAMLETS
BAYSWATER
TEMPLE FORTUNE
BRENT CROSS
MANOR PARK
STRATFORD
STAMFORD HILL
VICTORIA
BROCKLEY
STOCKWELL
CANNING TOWN
STONEBRIDGE
COLINDALE
HAMMERSMITH
EAST HAM
SNARESBROOK
WANDSWORTH
CATFORD
TOOTING
SOUTHFIELDS
LEYTON
NEASDEN
NORWOOD
ELM PARK

And

* Places outside of London*

BYFLEET
MORDEN
RICKMANSWORTH
STANMORE
WEMBLEY
EDGWARE
RICHMOND
KINGSTON-UPON THAMES
TWICKENHAM
ASCOT
ENFIELD
BARNET
POTTERS BAR
ST ALBANS
BECKENHAM
BARKING
CHIGWELL
MITCHAM
CAMBERLEY
BAGSHOT
WOKING
CHERTSEY
FARNBOROUGH
BROMLEY
KNAPHILL
ALDERSHOT
LIGHTWATER
ST. ALBANS
SHEPPERTON
WOODFORD GREEN
KESTON
BEXLEY HEATH
THORNTON HEATH
VIRGINIA WATER
GERRARDS CROSS

If you are sending emails, please do not sign with fan names, but simply and firmly state your complaint. Even though we are all angry, it is better not to use abusive language, as it makes our argument that it was wrong for Mackenzie to have 'abused' Michael's name and reputation -- that much stronger by example.

Email addresses:

viewerservices@itv.com and the C.EO of ITV adam.crozier@itv.com

^^^ :clapping:

Let's hope we get satisfaction on this issue.

In the meantime, thanks for the heads-up on the pedo book issue on Amazon. I've emailed this here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

It takes a bit of clicking around but eventually you can find the feedback area.

[To whom it may concern,
until the issue below is addressed, I will not, I repeat, I will NOT place more orders through amazon. If you check my cart, I have several items ready to order but will NOT be placed until you caterorically remove ANY types of products badmouthing the Great Michael Jackson.

“Michael Jackson’s Dangerous Liaisons,” written by convicted pedophile Thomas O’Carroll, is still being sold on Amazon.com,by other sellers through the Amazon site, even as Michael Jackson advocates were successful in getting it removed from other online booksellers.

· After 10 years of being investigated by both the LAPD and FBI, no evidence was found of criminality concerning children against Michael Jackson, as confirmed by a jury of Michael’s Jackson’s peers.

· There were many inconsistencies in the evidence and testimonies of the prosecution witnesses and anyone who is conducting a proper research can confirm this information.

· Michael Jackson's donations to children's charities are estimated to be around $300 million. This list of charities can be found in the Guinness Book of World Records. He donated medical equipment to hospitals in every city he toured-- and he visited most of those hospitals with many gifts for sick children. He also donated all proceeds of some of his tours and all sales of some of his recordings to charities. His only focus was to help children, nothing more.]

Hey this morning is on right now and that guy is on it again talking about news! I can't believe ITV invited him back
quick complain now before midday

I also just received a reply this morning from that complaint i sent the other week

"Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry that you were offended by the comments made by Kelvin McKenzie on This Morning on 9 November. We accept that his comments about Michael Jackson caused offence to some viewers, which we regret.

However, when Mr McKenzie gave his opinion on the safety of children formerly in the care of Michael Jackson, and referred to the well known allegations that were made about him, the programme’s presenter Philip Schofield did point out immediately that Michael Jackson was not found guilty in relation to those allegations, and that no-one knows that any children in his care would be at risk. Following Mr McKenzie’s further comment that Michael Jackson’s children will have a better life without him, Philip challenged him again, and said the children would obviously disagree with Mr McKenzie’s “tough words”. He also invited viewers to give their views on Mr McKenzie’s comments, making clear that these were not expressed by the programme but by Mr McKenzie in a personal capacity. Later on in the programme, a comment was read out from a viewer who strongly disagreed with Mr McKenzie’s views.

Although we acknowledge Mr McKenzie’s comments were offensive to some viewers, they were challenged and contextualised immediately by the presenter. In the context of a spontaneous live discussion about a highly controversial (and deceased) celebrity, arising from a talking point in the news (namely the Jackson children’s recent TV interview with Oprah Winfrey), we consider that the programme overall exhibited balance. Whilst we appreciate that some viewers, particularly fans of Michael Jackson, would strongly disagree with Mr McKenzie’s personal opinions, we do not agree that the programme was inaccurate as such (as the comments were clearly expressed as opinion) or that it breached generally accepted standards. Overall the presenters and the other contributor (Lesley Joseph) were supportive of the children’s decision to be interviewed and stated that they were well-adjusted and had expressed their love for their father."

Deborah Ffrench's blogpost for excellent comments and updates on the McKenzie protest.

Excerpt:

Mark Sunderland is a lawyer. Wise to the art -- just like journalists -- of how to 'use' words, how to take them out of context, moving emphasis and omitting the facts, to give an impression that bears no relation to the sequence of events on November 9 as they actually happened.

Banking on the fact that ITV's editors had quickly already 'disposed' of the evidence of the Mackenzie part of the show, Sunderland -- knowing that the damning footage was no longer available for dissection by prying eyes -- clearly had no second thoughts about rewriting the context of Mackenzie's comments in such a way that put ITV in an undeservedly good light.

http://mackenzie-protest.blogspot.c...whid9PqqouUoW6xxvdiQGDUu#c4530212432711947606

The Next Step: NIVEA BOYCOTT
As of Monday November 22, all those participating in the Mackenzie Protest were asked to stop calling ITV.

This request does not mean that the protest is over. What it means, is that we have to recognize when the limits of one approach have been reached, and be flexible enough and honest enough -- to realize it is time to move to the next step..

A review:

Despite wholesale emailing and calling by protesters, Kelvin Mackenzie's contributions to ITV This Morning continue. In fact, Mackenzie has appeared on This Morning three further times (and counting), since making his horrific comments on November 9. This fact, along with the tone and content of Mark Sunderland's widely-distributed email, are clear indications that -- even at full throttle -- the protest did not persuade, convince, or concern ITV enough to get an apology from them.

Therefore, it makes no practical sense for telephone call to ITV to continue.

As you all know, efforts to contact Randy and Taj Jackson and Akon directly are being made, and they will continue to be made. For all those of you who follow Randy's, Taj's, or Akon's tweets, or have some other means of contacting them, please let them know that all that is needed to extract an apology from ITV -- is a formal complaint from one of the Jacksons and/or other high profile media personality along with a strong request that a public apology by ITV is made.

If any of you do succeed in getting in touch with either Randy, Taj, or Akon, please give them this link: http://tinyurl.com/35gp35k --- and ask them to read all the posts here. It's really important these three are contacted, and that the message that the Jacksons directly contact ITV to ask for an apology, is clearly stated.

The Next Step is NIVEA:

As of October 4, 2010, NIVEA, became the official sponsor of ITV This Morning.

ITV have a lot to lose if this sponsorship agreement were to be jeopardized. Adam Crozier became C.E.O of ITV on April 26, 2010 and the deal brokered between BEIERSDORF UK --who own the NIVEA brand -- and ITV, is very much his 'baby.'

The stated reason behind NIVEA's thinking that ITV This Morning is a 'fit' for Nivea - is This Morning's family values appeal. Advertising blurb in trade reports that covered this sponsorship agreement are sales soundbites that ITV This Morning and NIVEA hope to --- " capture moments of closeness in different relationships - Mother/daughter/Father and Son/ Friends / Husbands and Wives. "

This Morning's family values mandate and NIVEA's 'Feel Closer' brand statement cuts directly across the professionally unethical and callous comments made by Kelvin Mackenzie on November 9.

So now, the next step of this protest is about making ITV and BEIERSDORF aware that a boycott of NIVEA is underway until a public apology is made by ITV, and full notice of that apology is also given in advance.

Below are two letters that now address this next step in the protest. There are two different destinations for these emails. In total -- this is two emails.

For ITV, simply CC Crozier, Sunderland and Viewer Services. And when you email BEIERSDORF simply CC all the email addresses listed below.

You will probably not receive a reply from ITV. It doesn't matter. The emails maintain the pressure. Your email content does not need to change, and for those who have asked for it, there are two examples emails below that you are welcome to use.

Details for BEIERSDORF are a little further down this page.

So that's 2 emails. You don't even have to write them. Just add the email addresses to your computer and press send -- daily (or at least three times a week.)

Simple.

1: Email to ITV.

Should be sent to Adam Crozier, Mark Sunderland and Viewer Services at ITV. Email addresses at: How to Support the Mackenzie Protest entry on this blog -- http://tinyurl.com/35gp35k

To Adam Crozier / Mark Sunderland, Viewer Services,

On the morning of Nov 9, 2010, on ITV's flagship programme This Morning, ex-Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie made a series of contentious comments live on air after watching a clip from Oprah Winfrey's recent interview with the late Michael Jackson's parents and children.

As you no doubt know, Mr MacKenzie speculated in a highly offensive manner about the biological connection of Jackson's children to their late father, offered his own non-legal, highly accusatory opinion about the charges Jackson was accused of in 2005 -- and was emphatically acquitted of -- and basically called the late Mr Jackson a child molester before an audience of millions.

Unbelievably, Mackenzie then proceeded to say Jackson's children were better off now that their father was dead. In effect, he delivered a monologue on national television venting his own obviously negative and deeply personalized view of someone who cannot answer back.

Since contacting your organization to register my disgust at Mr Mackenzie's remarks, you have since allowed this man further opportunites to appear on your program, thus making a complete nonsense of the expressions of " regret " in the recent email company sent to me.

I am asking the human being reading this to imagine, just for a moment, how Paris, Blanket and Prince Jackson would feel if they heard Kelvin MacKenzie's words --- and in that moment recognize the enormous wrong here.

I am asking for on-air apology to the Jacksons and viewers who were offended on November 9. I think that is the least ITV can do.

*Your name*

2: Email to Beiersdorf:

Should be sent to:

a) CorporateCommunications@Beiersdorf.com

and

b) amy.chapman@beiersdorf.com, Nicolo.pome@beiersdorf.com and richard.eastham@beiersdorf.com

Dear Ms Chapman/ Ms Pome / Mr Richard Eastham,

I am contacting you to make you aware of something executives at ITV This Morning have possibly not disclosed to you. On November 9, ITV invited a known media agitator -- Kelvin Mackenize -- ex-editor of 'The Sun' newspaper in Britain to appear on This Morning. Whilst on the show, Mr Mackenzie made seriously offensive and ethically reprehensible statements on-air.

The context of the comments came after a group of guests -- of which Mr Mackenzie was one -- watched a playback clip of American host Oprah Winfrey's recent interview with the late Michael Jackson's parents and his three children.

After watching this clip, Mr Mackenzie speculated in a acutely degrading and derogatory manner about the biological and, in fact, basic familial connection of Jackson's children to their father -- and further, made highly accusatory statements about the charges Michael Jackson was accused of.

Charges Mr Jackson was emphatically acquitted of in 2005.

After the airing of the November 9 episode, ITV executives promptly ordered an edit-out of the segment where Mackenzie made those comments, thus de facto admitting that an act of serious offensiveness had taken place.

When asked, ITV This Morning, also admitted privately in emails to those of us who complained, that offensive statements were aired and that they regretted them. However the request we asked for --- that ITV issue an on-air apology -- was denied.

Since Mr Mackenzie's comments were broadcast nationally and reached millions of people, we find the denial of this reasonable request for a simple, well-stated on-air apology to be both unreasonable -- and indefensible.

Mr Mackenzie stated on air that Mr Jackson's three children were now " better off " that he was dead. He also mocked their relationship with their father on the implicit grounds that such a 'family' did not constitute a family.

ITV will no doubt tell you that Mackenzie's vicious monologue was sufficiently
"contextualized " by lead host Philip Schofield at the time the comments were being made. After ITV make the edited-out footage of the November 9 show available to you for your own perusal -- you will see for yourself that no such adequate mitigation took place.

The decision to now initiate a boycott of Nivea products -- which of course has the potential to dramatically impact sales figures both in the UK and in the US (where a substantial part of your target audience are African-American consumers) -- is not one that is taken lightly.

But it is also not without justification.

In light of Nivea's 'Feel Closer' brand statement which proposes focus on the
"moments of closeness in different relationships- Mother/Daughter; Father/Son etc " -- we are asking your organization to consider the ramifications of ITV allowing a personality like Mr Mackenzie (who has a history of making inflammatory and repellent remarks publicly) to regularly appear on ITV This Morning. And whether those ramifications 'fit into the original 'family values' goals you intended when you signed up as sponsors of This Morning in October 2010.

It would take an enormous stretch of imagination to believe that ITV can be unaware of MacKenzie's history. It's what he does. Thus allowing this man a platform to vent on This Morning represents a serious lapse of judgement and care towards viewers -- and Beiersdorf.

In a world filled with millions of families brought together by surrogacy and adoption: the question has to be asked why Mr MacKenzie, and by extension ITV, feel they are in a position to allow anyone to disparage someone's choices or means of having a family? Mr Mackenzie is welcome to his toxic opinions in private, but he -- and This Morning -- crossed the line when he was given a national platform to share those opinions with unsuspecting viewers.

It is important you are aware that we are prepared to continue this boycott until ITV makes an on-air apology, and further, gives notice to the organizer of the protest -- Deborah Ffrench (who has already contacted you) -- of when that apology would take place. You should also be aware that the Jackson family have been notifed of this matter and are considering their options.

Finally: This boycott, now in effect, is only being undertaken because ITV will not take responsiblity for statements made on their program. We are hoping that even if they do not care about their relationship with their viewers -- they will take note of their relationship with Beiersdorf.

The fact is, ITV should have acted promptly and appropriately not just because it's the PR thing to do; but because allowing someone to state on a nationally broadcast television programme that they are essentially glad that an acquitted father of three young children is dead is one thing -- but not standing up and admitting how inherently 'wrong' that act was, is inexcusable.

Sincerely

Your Name

Thank you MJJLaugh.
It looks though that sponsors are throwing the ball to ITV's court once again so we may have to explain politely that we have already contacted ITV but they refuse to apologize.
Let's not get discouraged by the fact that they are not letting us know what they think. Market people get easily suspicious so we definitely make them think about where their money goes.

So let's keep it going!

Updates on the McKenzie campaign. Thanks to Deborah Ffrench for her contribution and dedication.

Last week, we had put a general call out for ideas and feedback re the Nivea Boycott. We received very little feedback. And it seemed we had hit an impasse with our efforts.

In short: We were seeing things from an 'all or nothing' perspective. A perspective that imagined that if we did not have thousands engaged in a full scale, synergistic boycott of all Nivea products and/or any of the Jacksons actively and practically onboard -- that it was futile to continue.

A fan brought to our attention this perspective.

" As far as I am concerned personally, the boycott is still on. I will not support a product that continues to support ITV as long as they continue to have McKenzie on the station and as long as no apology is issued. Until such time, I won't be buying any Nivea. "

After reflecting, in our opinion, this is indeed the correct position. It is one that understands we do not have the numbers yet to make an impact, but holds space for such a development and for further ideas to come forth.

So at present: each of us should continue to personally demonstrate their resolve to continue in the effort we began.

The Nivea boycott on all lines of their product continues until an on-air apology from ITV is given.

Nivea boycott and ITV: The long view

http://mackenzie-protest.blogspot.com/2010/12/nivea-boycott-and-itv-long-view.html

Last edited:
Another story that requires our attention. Please see the details below as provided to us. While we normally don't address someone's opinion, we think it warrants a response.

Who: Dr. Phil McGraw ("The Dr. Phil Show")

When
: December 1, 2010.

What
: The program is titled "Altered for the Altar," a discussion of brides undergoing plastic surgery prior to their wedding date. Offending remark:

Dr. Phil: Some of this [plastic surgery] is really extensive.

Bride: Yes.

Dr. Phil: If a husband hasn't seen their bride since all of this has been done, you have to be worried. You'll lift the veil and there's Michael Jackson standing there!

Why: Dr. Phil took a cheap shot at Michael Jackson's expense. AND WHAT'S MORE, he's being hypocritical:

Dr. Phil appeared on Anderson Cooper 360 on October 10, 2010 and, in a discussion about bullies, said this:

Well, you know, I think we have this misperception that bullies are actually -- have real inferiority, and so they just try to fluff themselves up, but that's not necessarily the case. We get bullying from all different kinds of personality types, but they generally perceive themselves to be powerful. And so they -- and they don't know how to manage that power. And we have to counsel them. We have to teach them to manage that power. You know, many say we have a generation now that is growing up without empathy, without the ability to put themselves in someone else's shoes and say, I'm inflicting pain on this person. I can -- I can imagine what this person is experiencing when they go home at night. And if a child can't go there, if they can't put themselves in that position, then they don't have a reason not to do it. [...] And, Anderson, the scars that are left from verbal and emotional abuse run deeper and last longer than even physical abuse. You get a black eye, it heals up. But somebody burns your psychological skin, somebody damages your self-esteem, that can last the rest of your life. So this is serious, serious stuff.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1010/10/acd.01.html

Television is a powerful persuader. Television personalities like Dr. Phil, Oprah, etc. should hear consistently and persistently from Michael Jackson admirers. Remember, the effective components of rebuttal are:

Facts only

Good grammar
Correct punctuation and spelling (use spell check!)
No strident language (stay calm, cool and collected)
No fan monikers (use gender neutral monikers)
No Michael Jackson avatars
No over-the-top Michael adoration in your message

Where
: Write to Dr. Phil at => http://www.drphil.com/plugger/respond/?plugID=9164

Thank you for your help.

The MJJC Legacy Project Email Alert Team

Last edited:
UPDATE: Email from Deborah Ffrench Dec 5, 2010

To all those participating in the Beiersdorf ( NIVEA) / ITV boycott:

Who: Beiersdorf AG is a multinational corportion based in Hamburg, Germany, manufacturing personal care products. But our focus is Beiersdorf UK LTD, as that is the company that specifically sponsors ITV Television flagship program -- ITV This Morning.

When: November 9, 2010.

What: ITV This Morning invited ex-editor of UK newspaper The Sun -- Kelvin Mckenzie -- to appear as a guest on the show. While on the show Kelvin Mackenzie said ( paraphrase) that Michael Jackson's three young children were better off now that their father was dead. Mackenzie furthermore expressed views heavily implying that Michael's children were not entitled to exist or believe that Michael was their father.

One of the offending remarks: ( full transcript at this link: http://charlesthomsonjournalist.blogspot.com/2010/11/kelvin-mckenzie-jackson-was-abuser-and.html )

Kelvin Mackenzie: "[Michael] faced a number of charges, a number of allegations, and I in some ways feel that the children will have a better life for their father not being around. "

Why: The chain of liability is threefold but by targeting Beiesdorf UK ( who currently sponsor ITV This Morning) we may have more impact than targeting ITV directly. There are two reasons for this:

1) When ITV learned that we had contacted Beiersdorf, they told Beiersdorf to redirect protesters back to ITV. This is a clear indication that Beiersdorf felt more pressured by the emails and threat of a boycott than ITV do. 2) ITV by telling Beiersdorf to redirect us back to them, are effectively trying to 'play down' the news of our boycott to Beiersdorf.

* Therefore it is vital that Beiersdorf UK are continually reminded that the boycott of their organization is very much 'on!' *

There are 3 things we can all do as committed supporters of this protest.

Send your polite but strong emails of complaint to the email addresses listed below at least three times a week. Soon it will become a habit. Simply send the same email each time and CC all the recipients you are only sending one each time.

Easy.

In your email, please tell Beiersdorf 'why' the boycott is in place, add that all Beiersdorf product lines are being boycotted around the world, and that on-going efforts are in place to spread the news of the boycott. Firmly inform Beiersdorf that all they have to do to 'change' this situation, is demand that the company they are in a business relationship with ( ITV) -- issue an on-air apology to the Jackson family and This Morning viewers, and send notice of that fact to the viewers they originally contacted with their 'declination' email.

Please mention that the only reason this matter has got to this point, is because ITV will not take responsibility for the transmission of gravely offensive content on one of their programs.

You may wish to add in your email that ITV cannot evade this reponsibility, as the track record of Mackenize for making offensive, vile comments is well known in the media. Further, ITV then inflamed a negative PR situation by subsequently inviting Mackenzie back on to This Morning in the same week that they became aware of the substantial offence his comments had caused. You may also wish to say that it is ITV's demonstrable contempt for their own viewers' sensibilities -- and Michael Jackson's family -- that has left now thousands committed to a long term boycott of all Beiersdorf product lines.

Stress in your email that while your argument is not with Beiersdorf personally, as Beiersforf are the current sponsors of This Morning program --they are undeniably 'involved.' Tell Beiersdorf that when they are no longer the sponsors of ITV This Morning, the boycott of their organization will immediately end.

consumer.relations.uk@beiersdorf.com

nicolo.pome@beiersdorf.com
amy.chapman@Beiersdorf.com

richard.eastham@beiersdorf.com

CorporateCommunications@Beiersdorf.com

You can also send physical letters to:

Beiersdorf UK Ltd.
2010 Solihull Parkway
The Birmingham Business Park
B37 7YS Birmingham
United Kingdom

2:

We need as many people as possible to join the protest. Please tell everyone you know about the Beiersdorf ( NIVEA) / ITV Boycott. Post this message everywhere on the web. Urge people to join the boycott. Tell them that by exercising their consumer choice they have the power to send a message to Beiersdorf and ITV that their irresponsibility and condoning of Mackenizie's behavior is completely unacceptable and has consequences.

3:

This is a list of current product lines by Beiersdorf. Please do not buy or consume them.

# basis
# Duo
# Elastoplast
# Eucerin (makers of Aquaphor)
# Florena
# Hansaplast
# JUVENA
# Labello Lipcare (also called 'Liposan')
# La Prairie (stylized as 'la prairie')
# Marlies Möller
# NIVEA
# SBT (abbreviated from 'Skin Biology Therapy')
# Slek
# NIVEA FOR MEN

Finally:

Please remember, the effective components of rebuttal are:

Facts only
Good grammar

The Beiersdorf ( NIVEA) / ITV BOYCOTT is now in effect.
#

We are in this for the long haul, and we are committed to this peaceful protest because it is the right thing to do. From time to time please visit this link http://mackenzie-protest.blogspot.com/2010/11/next-step-nivea-boycott.html
#

Read all the posts there and look out for updates as they will be posted there as the boycott progresses.

Thank you.

Sometimes a few successfully engaged battles can the the same effect as a War won

Thank you for posting the update.

Dialdancer;3116147 said:
UPDATE: Email from Deborah Ffrench Dec 5, 2010

To all those participating in the Beiersdorf ( NIVEA) / ITV boycott:

Who: Beiersdorf AG is a multinational corportion based in Hamburg, Germany, manufacturing personal care products. But our focus is Beiersdorf UK LTD, as that is the company that specifically sponsors ITV Television flagship program -- ITV This Morning.

When: November 9, 2010.

What: ITV This Morning invited ex-editor of UK newspaper The Sun -- Kelvin Mckenzie -- to appear as a guest on the show. While on the show Kelvin Mackenzie said ( paraphrase) that Michael Jackson's three young children were better off now that their father was dead. Mackenzie furthermore expressed views heavily implying that Michael's children were not entitled to exist or believe that Michael was their father.

One of the offending remarks: ( full transcript at this link: http://charlesthomsonjournalist.blogspot.com/2010/11/kelvin-mckenzie-jackson-was-abuser-and.html )

Kelvin Mackenzie: "[Michael] faced a number of charges, a number of allegations, and I in some ways feel that the children will have a better life for their father not being around. "

Why: The chain of liability is threefold but by targeting Beiesdorf UK ( who currently sponsor ITV This Morning) we may have more impact than targeting ITV directly. There are two reasons for this:

1) When ITV learned that we had contacted Beiersdorf, they told Beiersdorf to redirect protesters back to ITV. This is a clear indication that Beiersdorf felt more pressured by the emails and threat of a boycott than ITV do. 2) ITV by telling Beiersdorf to redirect us back to them, are effectively trying to 'play down' the news of our boycott to Beiersdorf.

* Therefore it is vital that Beiersdorf UK are continually reminded that the boycott of their organization is very much 'on!' *

There are 3 things we can all do as committed supporters of this protest.

Send your polite but strong emails of complaint to the email addresses listed below at least three times a week. Soon it will become a habit. Simply send the same email each time and CC all the recipients you are only sending one each time.

Easy.

In your email, please tell Beiersdorf 'why' the boycott is in place, add that all Beiersdorf product lines are being boycotted around the world, and that on-going efforts are in place to spread the news of the boycott. Firmly inform Beiersdorf that all they have to do to 'change' this situation, is demand that the company they are in a business relationship with ( ITV) -- issue an on-air apology to the Jackson family and This Morning viewers, and send notice of that fact to the viewers they originally contacted with their 'declination' email.

Please mention that the only reason this matter has got to this point, is because ITV will not take responsibility for the transmission of gravely offensive content on one of their programs.

You may wish to add in your email that ITV cannot evade this reponsibility, as the track record of Mackenize for making offensive, vile comments is well known in the media. Further, ITV then inflamed a negative PR situation by subsequently inviting Mackenzie back on to This Morning in the same week that they became aware of the substantial offence his comments had caused. You may also wish to say that it is ITV's demonstrable contempt for their own viewers' sensibilities -- and Michael Jackson's family -- that has left now thousands committed to a long term boycott of all Beiersdorf product lines.

Stress in your email that while your argument is not with Beiersdorf personally, as Beiersforf are the current sponsors of This Morning program --they are undeniably 'involved.' Tell Beiersdorf that when they are no longer the sponsors of ITV This Morning, the boycott of their organization will immediately end.

consumer.relations.uk@beiersdorf.com

nicolo.pome@beiersdorf.com
amy.chapman@Beiersdorf.com

richard.eastham@beiersdorf.com

CorporateCommunications@Beiersdorf.com

You can also send physical letters to:

Beiersdorf UK Ltd.
2010 Solihull Parkway
The Birmingham Business Park
B37 7YS Birmingham
United Kingdom

2:

We need as many people as possible to join the protest. Please tell everyone you know about the Beiersdorf ( NIVEA) / ITV Boycott. Post this message everywhere on the web. Urge people to join the boycott. Tell them that by exercising their consumer choice they have the power to send a message to Beiersdorf and ITV that their irresponsibility and condoning of Mackenizie's behavior is completely unacceptable and has consequences.

3:

This is a list of current product lines by Beiersdorf. Please do not buy or consume them.

# basis
# Duo
# Elastoplast
# Eucerin (makers of Aquaphor)
# Florena
# Hansaplast
# JUVENA
# Labello Lipcare (also called 'Liposan')
# La Prairie (stylized as 'la prairie')
# Marlies Möller
# NIVEA
# SBT (abbreviated from 'Skin Biology Therapy')
# Slek
# NIVEA FOR MEN

Finally:

Please remember, the effective components of rebuttal are:

Facts only
Good grammar

The Beiersdorf ( NIVEA) / ITV BOYCOTT is now in effect.
#

We are in this for the long haul, and we are committed to this peaceful protest because it is the right thing to do. From time to time please visit this link http://mackenzie-protest.blogspot.com/2010/11/next-step-nivea-boycott.html
#

Read all the posts there and look out for updates as they will be posted there as the boycott progresses.

Thank you.

Re: MJJC Legacy Project - E-Mail Alerting System

StaceyMJ;242 5568 said:
Fabulous! Great work as always. :D We can make a difference if we all stand together!

absolutely:yes::yes:

Media Advocacy E-Mail Alert System...NEW STORIES TO ADDRESS

Another story we need to address:

This has also been posted in the Fans Take Action section, http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99317.

Some potentially offensive programming by Discovery UK is scheduled for forthcoming release.

The documentary billed as -- " Michael Jackson's Autopsy: What Really Killed Michael Jackson " has been out-produced by Renegade Pictures LTD --- and is scheduled to air on 13/01/11 at 21:00 pm, then 14/01/11 at 22:00 pm, 16/01/11 at 22:00, 17/01/11 at 22:00.

A call placed to Discovery Europe revealed the official description of the program as:

"We re-create his autopsy using anatomically correct synthetic cadaver and examine the official coroner's report and call on the testimony of experts."

The information released by Discovery also mentions that a 'long time personal physician' of Michael's will comment during the program. That information also states that doctor who will be performing this autopsy is a Dr Michael Hunter. http://forensic-doc.com/

Rev. Catherine Gross and Rev. Barbara Kaufmann of Inner Michael were asked to help in getting the message out on what needs to be done. Please see their message below:

"We have to speak up. This is URGENT. Write a letter to the Discovery/OWN Channel. Tell them that what they are doing is disgraceful, disrespectful, and unnecessary. This is going too far to get ratings. Are you enraged? If you are, join us!

Address your letters to:

Nicolas Bonard Senior Vice President
Discovery Enterprises International Discovery Networks Europe /Oprah Winfrey Network
Chiswick Park Building 2
566 Chiswick High Road
London, W4 5YB
UK

E-mail your letters to MJ Justice Project at:
mjj@innocent.com

MJ Justice Project and MJ Children have united to bring you the truth about the Discovery Channel. The Discovery Channel is actually OWN,The Oprah Winfrey Network. Oprah Winfrey and Discovery Communications formed OWN, which will be seen in 70 Million U.S. homes, and includes the power of Oprah.com

OWN,The Oprah Winfrey Network:
http://corporate.discovery.com/?dcitc=w99-540-ah-1001.

IMPORTANT MEDIA NOTE:
FOR MORE INFORMATION, MJ JUSTICE PROJECT AND MJ CHILDREN WILL EXPLAIN & ANSWER QUESTIONS:
Sunday, December 12 at 1pm CST (11am PST and 2pm EST)
A Place In Your Heart Radio
Hosted by Rev. Dr. Catherine Gross

This is the link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/a-place-in-your-heart

Thank you for you assistance in addressing this story. Please remember to be respectful and non-emotional in your responses. We must remain steadfast in our work to help defend, preserve and protect Michael's legacy. We are his voice!

Last edited:
More updates on the Discovery issue:

Compel Discovery Communications
to Cancel This Program
December 2010

As many Michael Jackson advocates already know, the Discovery Channel is planning to air a program, on a Discovery channel to be determined, that uses the Los Angeles County Coroner's Report to recreate Michael's autopsy on an anatomically correct synthetic cadaver. We don't know if the synthetic cadaver will be altered to resemble Michael.

This program is scheduled to air on January 13 and three dates thereafter in the United Kingdom. Inquiries directed to Discovery Communications indicate there are no plans at this time to air the program in the United States. This doesn't mean it won't eventually be aired in the U.S.; only that it's not currently scheduled to be aired in the U.S.

It's been announced within Michael Jackson's online community of advocates that the Discovery Channel is actually OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network.

This is not true.

OWN, acronym for Oprah Winfrey Network, is a future U.S. specialty channel, set to launch on January 1, 2011, owned jointly by Discovery Communications and Harpo Productions. Winfrey's network will replace only the Discovery Health Channel, which has fallen victim to low viewer ratings, on cable and satellite feeds. The use of the word "network" to describe Winfrey's new endeavor is a misnomer. She's taking over the Discovery Health Channel only with programming of her own choosing.

The Oprah Winfrey Network is only one of 28 separate brands--NOT the owner of the Discovery Channel or Discovery Communications. At these links are several press releases that explain the breadth of OWN's program choices.

http://tinyurl.com/healthchannel
http://press.discovery.com/us/own/press-releases

Now that we're clear on who owns what, Michael Jackson advocates are encouraged to inform Discovery Communications that it's unacceptable to exploit the popularity of the world's most well known entertainer merely to draw eyeballs to one of Discovery's programs. The best person to write to is:

David Zaslav
President and CEO
Discovery Communications
1 Discovery Place
Silver Spring, MD 20910

According to Discovery Communications' website, Zaslav "sets the strategy and oversees all operations of the world's number one nonfiction media company."

http://tinyurl.com/263znmh

You're encouraged to also write to the forensic pathologist who will host the program.

Michael D. Hunter, M.D.
3737 Frankford Avenue
Panama City, Florida 32405
theforensicdoc@gmail.com

The Executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson have been informed of this development. Word is they're exploring ways to compel Discovery Communications to cancel this program. Perhaps they'll succeed by appealing to David Zaslav's sense of basic human decency. Perhaps there are legal bases on which to proceed.

In the meantime, please take out a sheet of paper and write a snail mail letter (we don't have an email address) to David Zaslav. Time is of the essence. Please do it today. Thank you.

Tips for Writing Effective Protest Letters

· Use a professional and respectful tone. Remain diplomatic and courteous at all times. Avoid emotional rants and stick to the point.
· Keep in mind what it is you hope to accomplish with your letter.
· Keep your letter short and concise. Write short paragraphs and limit your letter to one page.
· Provide your real name and contact information.
· Type your letter if possible. Use a spellchecker, or have someone proofread your letter. If it's handwritten, make sure it's neat and easy to read.

Source: Newsletter of http://mjtruthnow.com/

Back