MJJC Legacy Project - Media Advocacy E-Mail Alert System

Re: MJJC Legacy Project - E-Mail Alerting System

To all MJJC members,

The Media Advocacy team of the Legacy Project is requesting your help! We need media stories to tackle or to compliment!

If you come across a recent article on Michael Jackson in the media with factually inaccurate information or incomplete facts, and thereby not presenting the whole picture, please let us know and post it in The Fans take Action, Enough is Enough or here in this thread in News and Happenings.

Just to remind everyone; it should with facts that are known to be wrong and can therefore be refuted, not just someone's opinion or someone's blog.

It would be great if we were informed of a really positive article on MJ, so we can thank that writer accordingly. That will hopefully be inspirational to them.

Last but not least, if you haven't signed up yet for the e-mail alerting system please post in this thread and either Windy09, Memefan or myself, MJJLaugh, will notify you that you have been added to the list.

Thank you very much!
Peace and hugs
Elmira aka MJJLaugh

Hi there, i have a question. :wink:
So the attached document is the one we use to send to the email provided. I have recieved two documents in the past, one was for the Opus article and the other one was Joy Behar show. So in both cases i just used the attached document, i didnt modify it at all. I think thats what we are supposed to do? By the way i have alternate emails too, like gmail and yahoo and i sent same emails through them as well, but i only provided one email address to the legacy which is my hotmail. I guess its ok?

Hello crazy4umjackson,

Hopefully, I'll be able to answer your question. For each story we decide to address, we will draft up a letter template specific to the story. There may be some points that need addresing that are specific to each story; hence the reason why we do not just use one template for all letters. You only need to provide us with one email address, which you did. Once we send out the letter templates and you decide to send a letter, you can choose to send the letter from multiple email accounts if you desire. If you desire, you can edit the letter template as you see fit, but please remember to be respectful. If you do see another story and you wish for us to consider the story here, please let us know. I hope this answers your questions. Please let us know if it doesn't.

MJJC Legacy Project Email Alert team
(windy09, MJJLaugh and Memefan)

Peace, love and hugs...:angel:

Hi there, i have a question. :wink:
So the attached document is the one we use to send to the email provided. I have recieved two documents in the past, one was for the Opus article and the other one was Joy Behar show. So in both cases i just used the attached document, i didnt modify it at all. I think thats what we are supposed to do? By the way i have alternate emails too, like gmail and yahoo and i sent same emails through them as well, but i only provided one email address to the legacy which is my hotmail. I guess its ok?

Thank you Windy09, that explained everything. You can count on me to be respectful, cuz thats all i am about :wink:

Hey Legacy team, is there any way we could send emails to several media sources to watch what will be reported about MJ during the upcoming Murray trial?

It's already setting up to be a grand circus by design. The players might've changed but the game is the same: Destroy Michael Jackson's reputation!

Brace yourself for major ugliness to be reported.

I strongly suggest that email alerts should be sent on a daily basis starting next week. Let's write a generic template to mass email to a long list of media.

God Bless us all!

Hello revera1992. Please know that your apprehension and frustration are completely understood. Unfortunately we do not know what will actually be reported. The focus for the Email Alert team is to draft up letters where we are refuting inaccurate facts or addressing missing facts. When we draft up letters, we need to address specific points and not make it too general because we need to present ourselves as credible and with integrity. While we certainly know what potentially could be said and done to Michael's reputation, we need to present our case in a professional and respectful manner. So without facts to dispute, it's a possibility we will not appear in that way. I hope you understand where we are coming from. If you have additional questions, please feel free to PM myself (windy09, MJJLaugh or Memefan).

Now having said all that, once this whole process starts, we can address each story on a case by case basis. I hope you understand and we sincerely appreciate you bringing this up. It's going to be a very tough in the weeks ahead, starting with tomorrow. We need to stay strong, resolved and focused.

Peace, hugs and love. :angel::wub:

Hey Legacy team, is there any way we could send emails to several media sources to watch what will be reported about MJ during the upcoming Murray trial?

It's already setting up to be a grand circus by design. The players might've changed but the game is the same: Destroy Michael Jackson's reputation!

Brace yourself for major ugliness to be reported.

I strongly suggest that email alerts should be sent on a daily basis starting next week. Let's write a generic template to mass email to a long list of media.

God Bless us all!

Re: MJJC Legacy - Media Advocacy E-Mail Alert System

Hello everyone,

A quick update here. The Email Alert team is looking at a few stories; one of them is the Gene Simmons story. We'll be sending out something soon. If you're interested in adding your name to the Email Alert distribution list, please send an email to legacymjjc@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Peace and love. :angel::wub:

Hello everyone,

A quick update here. The Email Alert team is looking at a few stories; one of them is the Gene Simmons story. We'll be sending out something soon. If you're interested in adding your name to the Email Alert distribution list, please send an email to legacymjjc@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Peace and love. :angel::wub:

Hello all,

We respectfully request you not to use the e-mail alerting group entire e-mail for your initiatives or for possible stories that the media advocacy group can react on. If you come across something in the media that you feel needs to be addressed, please PM Windy09 or myself ( MJJLaugh) or post in the Fans Take action forum or the Enough is Enough forum as we check those regularly for stories printed in the media that need to be tackled.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and understanding!

MJJLaugh

Hi Maria,

MJJLaugh started another thread for positive websites and videos. I'm thinking this could be listed in that thread as well. This is a very good article from what I've read already. Thanks very much for posting. Can you please post it in the other thread? This way, we can keep all the positive stories, etc. about Michael in one place.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2650095&postcount=1

I agree with you in that this calls for a gratitude letter/email. We'll look into drafting up a letter on this.

MJJLaugh, your thoughts? I'm going to work on the other letter we discussed, but this is a good one to follow up on too.

Peace and love...:angel::wub:

An excellent article with multiple recipients by Charles Thomson.
I believe a gratitude e-mail from all of us is in order.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charles-thomson/michael-jackson-its-time_b_482176.html

Hi Windy09,

Yes, good idea, let's write a letter of gratitute to Charles Thomson and encourage all MJ fans to post their comments with gratitute on his website.

Peace and hugs
MJJLaugh

Hi Maria,

MJJLaugh started another thread for positive websites and videos. I'm thinking this could be listed in that thread as well. This is a very good article from what I've read already. Thanks very much for posting. Can you please post it in the other thread? This way, we can keep all the positive stories, etc. about Michael in one place.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2650095&postcount=1

I agree with you in that this calls for a gratitude letter/email. We'll look into drafting up a letter on this.

MJJLaugh, your thoughts? I'm going to work on the other letter we discussed, but this is a good one to follow up on too.

Peace and love...:angel::wub:

Another story we are getting ready to address: Glamour UK magazine article.

We're getting ready to send out another letter for an article published in the April Edition of the Glamour UK magazine. MJJLaugh and I are just finalizing the letter, thus we'll be sending within the next couple of days.

If you are interested in getting added to the email alert distribution list, please send an email to legacymjjc@hotmail.com

Peace and love..:angel::wub:

Some of you may have read the story in the newspaper the Sun about "The Tragic Tapes of Michael Jackson".

Here's the link to the story:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...es-expose-Michael-Jacksons-troubled-mind.html

We drafted a letter and sent it. The letter reads as follows:

Dear Madam/Sir,

This letter is in reaction to the article called "The ***** Tapes" published May 12, 2010 in the Sun newspaper.

It is clear that where celebrities are involved, especially Michael Jackson, there are no boundaries that are sacred for so-called friends of these celebrities or the media. Hearing Michael fearing for his life on the tapes is indeed tragic, to say the least.

The only thing that is certain from hearing these tapes, is that there is someone very scared and concerned for his own safety and the safety of his family. It does not prove at all that he was a drug addict six years prior to his passing. There are numerous possible reasons for the way he sounds on these tapes. There is really only one person who knows the truth why he sounded the way he did. Sadly, that person is no longer with us. Nor is he able to defend himself against these unfounded allegations.

The facts are that he did suffer from a painkiller addiction at some point, for which he sought treatment. Another fact is that the gross negligence of his personal physician caused his death, not his alleged drug addiction. The real root cause of the problem being that Michael Jackson suffered from extreme insomnia. He just wanted to get some sleep.

A far more interesting question we should all be asking ourselves is this: what or who caused Michael Jackson's insomnia ? He was a man who merely wanted to entertain the world and make people happy through music and dance. He was a man who was killed by by the media four years before he actually died; through the slander, lies and innuendo printed about him in the media.

As said in the article, Daphne Barak wrote a book on celebrity addiction. She was given these tapes in which Michael Jackson does not sound like his normal self. The mention of celebrity addiction and the 'tragic tapes' in one sentence is an example of sensationalistic journalism and psychological opportunism.

Please adhere to the journalists moral code of ethics, as it is clear that the code of ethics has been breached by the Sun. In this article it is not just a celebrity being dissected, but Michael Jackson was also a father, brother and son. We hope that you show more respect in the future to his wonderful legacy and to his grieving relatives.

Finally we also request that you retract this article and print only the truth about Michael Jackson.
Thank you for reading this letter and taking its contents to heart.

Sincerely

Insert name here

AND, we received a response:
I truly hope that our letters somehow touch people's hearts and that it tugs at their conscience, so the media will take more responsibilty in accurate and fair reporting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 May 2010

Dear Elmira Van Galen

Thank you for your email. The Editor has asked me to reply to you personally on his behalf.

We like to respond wherever we can to our readers’ comments - whether they are positive suggestions or criticisms - because the success of our newspaper is based on listening to you.

Although we get many more letters of appreciation and praise from our readers than complaints, you can be sure that important views such as yours are taken seriously.

We constantly strive to give satisfaction and value, and I can assure you that your viewpoint will be heard and discussed at the highest level. Where appropriate it will be directed to the Head of Department concerned for circulation among staff.

I hope you will feel that your letter and the views it contains has been read carefully and its contents acted upon.

Please feel free to write on any subject to myself, or to the Editor, since your opinions form a valuable part of the policy-making and continued success of The Sun.

Best wishes.

Yours sincerely

Imogen Lillywhite
Letters Editor

Well, I'm glad they responded. Hopefully someone will THINK about what was said in the letter. :)

ALERT, ALERT.

We've been alerted by Maria MJ on the following story. We will certainly look at addressing this. Thank you Maria MJ.

A tv channel in France is planning to air the Bashir document on June 25, 2010.

Link: http://www.lepost.fr/article/2010/0...ichael-jackson-en-colere-contre-france-4.html

Note: Maria offered to help us translate or if anyone else can, please do.

MJJLaugh, let's you and I get together on this.

Hugs and L.O.V.E :angel::wub:

Windy09,

Regarding the documentary airing on French television, I put the text trhough the website
http://translate.google.com, so some sentences and some grammar will be slightly off, but at least you get the gist of the article:

ask management of the television channel France 4 withdrawal of the documentary "Living With Michael Jackson" the British journalist Martin Bashir to be released on June 25th at 22:35.

The newly formed protest group already has over 314 members.

Why the protest?

Jacqueline Mary J. Children Foundation, which founded the group explains the reason on Facebook.

"The report is at the root of legal battles that gripped Michael Jackson in 2005. The outcome of this case is an outcome of the case June 13, 2005, having cleared of 14 charges. Spread the documentary way 'Tribute' is pure insult "and" would only continue to spread rumor and innuendo, even after his death. "

A documentary directed very

British journalist Martin Bashir was able to follow the singer over a period of eight months (May 2002-January 2003) to make a rare documentary (interviews Michael Jackson could be counted on the fingers of one hand). Following this "work" Bashir had reported seeing strange things in the ownership of the star "and had drawn a portrait of very directed King of Pop.

The "turning coat" of "journalist"

Ultimate proof of bad faith of Bashir on the death of Michael Jackson, he said: "Michael Jackson is the greatest dancer and musician the world has ever known. When I shot this documentary on its relationship with young children, the truth is, he was never convicted of any crime. For my part, I have seen nothing suspicious (...) I do not think it is a criminal. The world has losing the greatest showman he is certainly known "

It was certainly much more profitable to draw a false portrait of the controversial artist left his duty to lose objectivity.

Anyway, for fans of Michael, it is inconceivable to honor the memory of Michael in this way.

Note that a second Facebook group called "Against the documentary Bashir's" Living with Michael Jackson has been created.

We should ask them to also air "The footage you weren't meant to see" or we can ask them to stop airing this show. Whatever approach is likely to be most effective.

MariaMJ can translate our letter into French ?

I couldn't find more information on their weekly TV guide (June 5 - 11)

Only 2 pages in http://www.france4.fr/pdf/2010_hebdo_du19au25juin.pdf

^^date/time: "jeudi 24 juin à 22.35 h" (Thursday, June 24 at 22.35 p.m.)

Documentaire de Martin Bashir. Réalisateur : Julie Shaw
Nouvelle version 2009 (version originale 2003) 52 min.

I couldn't find an email adress :scratch:only a contact site
but french is just not my fav. language *g*

wikipedia
France 4 is a French public television network featuring arts, including music. It is part of the France Télévisions group. It is available through cable, satellite, ADSL and the new digital terrestrial television system.
I deeply hope the FIFA World Cup in France gets more attention than this B. docu!

FYI! Good news. The documentary has been pulled from the schedule. At least it has in France. Maria MJ has drafted a Thank You letter to the French TV station. While we want to address the negative stories, we also want to show our appreciation. Thank you Maria.:angel:

We'll be sending the letter out to the MJJC Legacy Project E-mail alert distribution list. If you have not signed up, please send an email with our MJJC ID to legacymjjc@hotmail.com. We'll add you to the list.

Hugs and L.O.V.E. :better::wub:

Ok the craziness has begun. Hang on to your hats and whatever else can fly off because of this whirlwind of vultures that are flying in.

We are seeing many stories, books, etc. popping up now that the anniversary date is drawing near. If you haven't already and you are interested, please sign up for the MJJC Legacy Project Email Alert distribution list. Send an email to legacymjjc@hotmail.com. Please include your MJJC userID. Some stories that we are looking to address include:

1.) The showing of the Mr. Bashir's documentary in Mexico on June 25th.
2.) The airing of a show on TLC called The Secret Lives of Michael Jackson's children.
3.) Article from Roger Friedman regarding show by Ian Halprin and a book by Mr Rowe. Full details can be found in Title from article from MJFC via showbiz411.com

Friedman: Vultures Circle June 25 For First Attack

http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index....news&Itemid=82

I'm sending a MAJOR L.O.V.E. and HUG to everyone. :better::wub:

IMPORTANT NOTE: As the anniversary grows near and we see all of this negative energy increasing, we need to stay strong and support one another. I see some posts and tweets about infighting amongst the fans. If you are frustrated and need to get anything off your mind, please go to the MJJC Support forum at http://www.mjjcommunity.com/support/forum.php. This is a good place to be able to vent and talk about what is on your mind and in your heart. This is a constructive way to release all that energy, which will allow you to come back and support Michael and MJJC in a positive way. L.O.V.E.

Ok the craziness has begun. Hang on to your hats and whatever else can fly off because of this whirlwind of vultures that are flying in.

We are seeing many stories, books, etc. popping up now that the anniversary date is drawing near. If you haven't already and you are interested, please sign up for the MJJC Legacy Project Email Alert distribution list. Send an email to legacymjjc@hotmail.com. Please include your MJJC userID. Some stories that we are looking to address include:

1.) The showing of the Mr. Bashir's documentary in Mexico on June 25th.
2.) The airing of a show on TLC called The Secret Lives of Michael Jackson's children.
3.) Article from Roger Friedman regarding show by Ian Halprin and a book by Mr Rowe. Full details can be found in Title from article from MJFC via showbiz411.com

Friedman: Vultures Circle June 25 For First Attack

http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index....news&Itemid=82

I'm sending a MAJOR L.O.V.E. and HUG to everyone. :better::wub:
I've just got a response to my e-mail regarding the airing of a show on TLC called 'Michael
Jackson's Kids: Hidden Lives.'

It's not much, but they said they forwarded my e-mail to 'programming executives for review and consideration'. Probably it's what you all will get as a response.

I really hope they will cancel this so called 'show'.

Big huggs to everyone :huggy: :wub:

Btw. I don't even have TLC here in Poland :lol: ;)

I've just got a response to my e-mail regarding the airing of a show on TLC called 'Michael

It's not much, but they said they forwarded my e-mail to 'programming executives for review and consideration'. Probably it's what you all will get as a response.

Thank you Callaendia for letting us know. Yeah, I believe everyone pretty much got the same reply, but at least they replied which is more than can be said of others.

As long as they pull this show on Michael's children.

Hey Legacy team, anyway we can get emails for ALL the channels showing the Bashit docu?

I added a few words to your wonderful template

Dear Madam/Sir,
Recently we were informed that your channel is going to air Martin Bashir’s documentary “Living with Michael Jackson” as a tribute to the late megastar and humanitarian.
We want to inform you on the contents of this documentary and its consequences.This highly insulting documentary gave a distorted picture of Michael Jackson and was responsible for the allegations and trial that followed in the years 2003-2005. Although Michael was found not guilty on all charges, Mr. Bashir’s documentary traumatized his sensitive soul to a point beyond return and led him to an isolated and reclusive life, which ultimately resulted to his untimely death.

The media has taken every opportunity to belittle and torment Michael Jackson during his life. Just because someone is a celebrity, does not make it acceptable to spread lies or to allow the disrespectful treatment to continue after they are gone. As you understand, the airing of this documentary would be highly insulting and disrespectful to a man that shared his extraordinary talent and charitable works with the entire humanity for decades.

Therefore we kindly, yet urgently, request you to refrain from airing this documentary in Argentina, Mexico and Columbia on June 25th and the repeat on June 27th.

Worthy alternatives that are unbiased and give a much better understanding of who Michael Jackson really was and will guarantee you a much higher viewership are listed below:
- "The Untold Story of Neverland" by Larry Nimmer. For more details please see www.nimmer.net
- Michael Jackson - Legend
- Or you could air "Moonwalker" or "The Wiz" the two movies which he starred.

We thank you for reading this letter and for doing the right thing in honoring Michael Jackson.

Kind Regards,

Originally Posted by Callaendia

Thank you Callaendia for letting us know. Yeah, I believe everyone pretty much got the same reply, but at least they replied which is more than can be said of others.

Yes I received the reply. Although they did send what seems to be the same thing, if they receive multiple emails, maybe it will have some impact. :yes:

Wow, I didn't realize they were showing it in three countries. Thank you. We did already send the letter out. People can tweak their letters to add the two additional countries. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Hey Legacy team, anyway we can get emails for ALL the channels showing the Bashit docu?

I added a few words to your wonderful template

Dear Madam/Sir,
Recently we were informed that your channel is going to air Martin Bashir’s documentary “Living with Michael Jackson” as a tribute to the late megastar and humanitarian.
We want to inform you on the contents of this documentary and its consequences.This highly insulting documentary gave a distorted picture of Michael Jackson and was responsible for the allegations and trial that followed in the years 2003-2005. Although Michael was found not guilty on all charges, Mr. Bashir’s documentary traumatized his sensitive soul to a point beyond return and led him to an isolated and reclusive life, which ultimately resulted to his untimely death.

The media has taken every opportunity to belittle and torment Michael Jackson during his life. Just because someone is a celebrity, does not make it acceptable to spread lies or to allow the disrespectful treatment to continue after they are gone. As you understand, the airing of this documentary would be highly insulting and disrespectful to a man that shared his extraordinary talent and charitable works with the entire humanity for decades.

Therefore we kindly, yet urgently, request you to refrain from airing this documentary in Argentina, Mexico and Columbia on June 25th and the repeat on June 27th.

Worthy alternatives that are unbiased and give a much better understanding of who Michael Jackson really was and will guarantee you a much higher viewership are listed below:
- "The Untold Story of Neverland" by Larry Nimmer. For more details please see www.nimmer.net
- Michael Jackson - Legend
- Or you could air "Moonwalker" or "The Wiz" the two movies which he starred.

We thank you for reading this letter and for doing the right thing in honoring Michael Jackson.

Kind Regards,

Sadly the TLC docu on MJ's 3 aired despite our efforts. It's frustrating that the lives of 3 minors had to be exposed for ratings.
I'm sure there must be a relative thread where we can find info about the show, those of us that didn't watch.
I think we should follow up on these people to express our disappointment.

Hi guys, have you seen that? It's New York Post. Very rude and shameless article about Michael written by the person named ANDREA PEYSER and publicated on 06/21/2010.
I think that this article is nothing but aggressive towards Michael and us - his fans.

Altert: it's really an article written in the worst manner :(.

Here is the link: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/the_freak_of_the_week_l0a8Hm4OcLKKWaeakydEnN

Any idea how we can contact them? I am not the bestin finding this info :mellow:

And as to TLC - I agree that we should follow up. I hope we can still do this by their website.

Last edited:
Just dropping in to say to everyone - especially the Legacy Project staff responsible for managing this system - KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!

Hopefully there will come a time when this kind of work is not needed but till then we are going to soldier on!

Back