MJJC Legacy Project: Spike Lee's MJ Birthday Celebration 2010

Thanks for the updates. :flowers: Might be able to schedule some vacation time around this.

Hope to see EveryOne from EveryWhere this summer for Michael's 52nd Birthday August 29th, 2010 ~ Celebrate Michael's Life~*~*

Below ~ Last Year ~ August 29th,2009

i am going, very excited about this. Do you guys think we could arrange an mjjc meet-up there? I would love to meet mjjc people in person :)

It looks absolutely brilliant, so wish I could be there, or that there was some kind of alternative over here.

Wow I'd love to go to this!!

I even have friends who live in Brooklyn (a couple who scout this forum - hey girls!)

It's just the money that's a problem, as i'm already going away from the 8th-21st august. Looking into budget flights to the US now though!! xx

Wow! I was becoming disappointed with lack of news for this year's event but I am glad to have found this thread. Like last year, I am there! Anyone who live in the NY area who want to meetup, please please, contact me via PM, I live in Bushwick. I plan on getting there bright and early! Maybe weasel my way into helping with setup - LOL!

Spike Lee is a real kat.... very real. I wish I could go... glad to see him trying to keep Mikes legacy alive.

Wow! I was becoming disappointed with lack of news for this year's event but I am glad to have found this thread. Like last year, I am there! Anyone who live in the NY area who want to meetup, please please, contact me via PM, I live in Bushwick. I plan on getting there bright and early! Maybe weasel my way into helping with setup - LOL!

I live in Bushwick too! :)

I was wondering when there would be more news about this event. Glad to see something from Spike.

I hope fans support this. We have been complaining about the money-scheming from the family & ex-cons & Thieves (Leonard Rowe, Marc Schaffel etc) associated with them. This is a free event, and the sole purpose is to keep MJ's memory alive.

I will be attending for the 1st time this year.

what time did it end last year? I will be leaving NYC in the evening on Aug 29 and I need to choose between a 10 pm bus and a 1.30 am bus. I am reluctant to take the 10pm bus because I don't want to miss anything if the celebration is going to go till the evening.

what time did it end last year? I will be leaving NYC in the evening on Aug 29 and I need to choose between a 10 pm bus and a 1.30 am bus. I am reluctant to take the 10pm bus because I don't want to miss anything if the celebration is going to go till the evening.

I think it ended around 5:30pm??? I might be incorrect because my body was in so much pain from standing for so many hours in the heat. I almost had to crawl to the subway.;D

I hope you enjoy your stay.:) Hopefully we can all gather for a meet up.

I attended last year and enjoyed it. This year I hope to catch the later portion after I volunteer with Heal The World For Children's childrens festival event (also in Brooklyn). :D Can't wait to celebrate the birthday of my hero and honor him the best I can. :heart:

I think it ended around 5:30pm??? I might be incorrect because my body was in so much pain from standing for so many hours in the heat. I almost had to crawl to the subway.;D

I hope you enjoy your stay.:) Hopefully we can all gather for a meet up.

yeah, I would LOVE an mjjc meet-up! someone who lives in NYC should start a thread about it. I would really really love to meet people I chat with here every day :)

It's supposed to be going from 12 to 5.

I may be attending this year, I would love to do a meet-up! :)

Ah, this should be a tradition everywhere, every year with his fan. All over the globe. I hope fans will have a Michael fest every year on his birthday. Spike words escape me.....gosh, Thank You! I wish I could be there but I'm CHI-Town...away from all the fun with regards to MJ. Sigh*

yeah, I would LOVE an mjjc meet-up! someone who lives in NYC should start a thread about it. I would really really love to meet people I chat with here every day :)

I would suggest a meeting place but unfortunately I'm not very familiar with the area around Prospect Park (shame since I'm from Brooklyn - I don't get out much, hehe). I hope another NYer can offer some good suggestions. :)

me and my friend are gonna go, i took off of work the next day so i can recuperate. meeting up would be pretty cool, lets get this going

we need to decide place or we can meet there itself . those who went last year can tell something about that area.

we need to decide place or we can meet there itself . those who went last year can tell something about that area.

It was in Nethermead meadow, a large, rolling open field in the park which is huge so for me it would be tough to arrange a specific place to meet in that area. Unless we meet somewhere by the stage. :)

Back