MJJC Legacy Project: Spike Lee's MJ Birthday Celebration 2010

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1546802828238

http://www.bvonmovies.com/

Spike Lee Invites The Public For Michael Jackson Birthday Celebration

Spike Lee has made a video on Facebook inviting the public to the second annual 'Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson Birthday Celebration' in The Nethermead Field - Prospect Park, Brooklyn, on Aug. 29.
DJ Spinna (aka Vincent Williams) will once again provide the music from 12:00pm - 5:00pm.

The late, great King of Pop, who died June 25, 2009, would've been 52 years old.

Lee, the Academy Award nominated director of movies such as 'School Daze,' 'Malcolm X,' 'Miracle at St. Anna' and 'Do The Right Thing,' collaborated with Jackson for the 1996 music video for the song 'They Don't Care About Us.'

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=132302300143111

Guys, remember if you are a fan from outside the US and you are travelling for the celebration - be sure to walk with your national flag!!!

Wish I could be there ....

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="288" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/player/89cacf1/" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/player/89cacf1/" width="437" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>

Aw man! I so wish I could be there with you guys.

I hope this years event will surpass last years and it would be nice if some of his family members attended.

Aw man! I so wish I could be there with you guys.

I hope this years event will surpass last years and it would be nice if some of his family members attended.
I wish i could go too, yes it would be very cool if a family member or a few attended. I could see this becoming a huge annual event, i'm glad spike is doing this and for free!

Last edited:
I wish i could go too, yes it would be very cool if a family member or a few atteneded. I could see this becoming a huge annual event, i'm glad spike is doing this and for free!

I doubt if any of Mike's relatives show up for this

I wish i could go too, yes it would be very cool if a family member or a few atteneded. I could see this becoming a huge annual event, i'm glad spike is doing this and for free!

No. If they show up it will be about Jermaine or Randy.

Only people I wouldn't mind attending are Jackie, Marlon & Tito. The rest...please don't spoil it for us.

Gosh...I can't wait for MJ's kids to get older so they can be the ones (with the estate) deciding on how best to carry his legacy.

sorry if this was already posted.

MJ-invite-2010.jpg

Love this year's poster.

Slightly similar to last year's...but different at the same time.

No. If they show up it will be about Jermaine or Randy.

Only people I wouldn't mind attending are Jackie, Marlon & Tito. The rest...please don't spoil it for us.

Gosh...I can't wait for MJ's kids to get older so they can be the ones (with the estate) deciding on how best to carry his legacy.

Don't worry! It's a non-profitable event! Neither Randy, nor Jermaine will be interested :)

Don't worry! It's a non-profitable event! Neither Randy, nor Jermaine will be interested :)

Children Uniting Nations (CUN) is a non-profit organization and they're participating in that.

Cool!!! Where is that?! I must visit and take photos in front of it! New Facebook pic, holla! LoL. :Cheeky:

For those of you who have been there, or are familiar with the area, what is the best plan for someone who would be driving there? Is there parking at the park or a parking garage close by? If I come I will be coming from Baltimore, so I will drive, I may have my kids so I want to be safe too. Any information would be great! Thanks!

For those of you who have been there, or are familiar with the area, what is the best plan for someone who would be driving there? Is there parking at the park or a parking garage close by? If I come I will be coming from Baltimore, so I will drive, I may have my kids so I want to be safe too. Any information would be great! Thanks!

Wish I could help you out with that but I take the subway everywhere. -_-

However, my sister and her husband drove to the park last year to meet up with me so I will ask her what they did. :)

Wish I could help you out with that but I take the subway everywhere. -_-

However, my sister and her husband drove to the park last year to meet up with me so I will ask her what they did. :)

Thank you! I would really appreciate it!

I am in a similar situation.

I am thinking of driving to Manhattan (from Jersey) and park the car (free parking on sundays) there and take the subway to Brooklyn.

It might not be a bad idea.

I am in a similar situation.

I am thinking of driving to Manhattan (from Jersey) and park the car (free parking on sundays) there and take the subway to Brooklyn.

It might not be a bad idea.

I Googled the park and it looks like there is parking there, but I don't know how much or how quickly it would fill up.

Where is the free parking? Is it at a subway station or will you park somewhere and walk to catch the subway?

I'm actually considering going on Sat. and getting a hotel Sat night, that way maybe I can just park at the hotel and take the subway (or walk) to the park. I just don't know if it is a safe area around the park, does anyone know?

Back