MJJC Never Ending Party Thread

I was leaning towards Metallica ... :ROFLMAO:

... but then this popped into my head.

Toots Thielemans / Theme from "Midnight Cowboy - 1969

2m 48s

Which is what? What song do you remember? I don't really know much about their work.
It's just an association)))
Our party, it doesn't stop)))

Last edited:
we kept it going till half past midnight
ignoring those bois completely [i was] i loved that haha
Army of Lovers is still in my head :ROFLMAO:

Always loved how noisy the audience reacted to Michael here.
it was really thunderous. Everyone was so thrilled to see him because he had not surfaced or made a proper public appearance since the victory of June 13th 2005.

Which is what? What song do you remember?
Oh, it was only going to be Enter Sandman from that 1991 live video. I love it so much and there is SO much headbanging going on in that thing. Seemed like the perfect approach to the 'morning after the party'. :ROFLMAO:

I don't really know much about their work.
Me neither. I've heard stuff here and there but never really found it too interesting bc James Hetfield's voice never really drew me in. There is a video I love of the band playing Nothing Else Matters with Miley Cyrus doing the vocals. I love her voice and I love some of the cover versions she's done of various songs ('Jolene'). But I also love Metallica's own version of Nothing Else Matters. Beautiful, beautiful song, James Hetfield's vocals really work for me on this one and the video is wonderful. I can't resist 'behind the scenes' or 'in the studio' videos. Hm, I think I just talked myself into posting it, lol.

It's just an association)))
Our party, it doesn't stop)))
(y) :)

Metallica / Nothing Else Matters

6m 25s

Oh, it was only going to be Enter Sandman from that 1991 live video. I love it so much and there is SO much headbanging going on in that thing. Seemed like the perfect approach to the 'morning after the party'. :ROFLMAO:

Me neither. I've heard stuff here and there but never really found it too interesting bc James Hetfield's voice never really drew me in. There is a video I love of the band playing Nothing Else Matters with Miley Cyrus doing the vocals. I love her voice and I love some of the cover versions she's done of various songs ('Jolene'). But I also love Metallica's own version of Nothing Else Matters. Beautiful, beautiful song, James Hetfield's vocals really work for me on this one and the video is wonderful. I can't resist 'behind the scenes' or 'in the studio' videos. Hm, I think I just talked myself into posting it, lol.
So unexpected that you wrote about Miley, especially "Jolene" - one of my favorite songs of hers. I'm not very familiar with her discography. I love Miley's voice and the emotional way she sings. I used to listen to "Jolene" a lot at one time. I even saw a movie about a cowboy and a blonde beauty, if I'm not confused, the song is from that movie.
😍😍😍🥰

So unexpected that you wrote about Miley, especially "Jolene" - one of my favorite songs of hers. I'm not very familiar with her discography. I love Miley's voice and the emotional way she sings. I used to listen to "Jolene" a lot at one time. I even saw a movie about a cowboy and a blonde beauty, if I'm not confused, the song is from that movie.
😍😍😍🥰
That video you posted of Miley doing Jolene, that is the one I was talking about. She totally nails it, imo. Wonderful performance from her. I haven't listened to loads of Miley. Only got into her ten years ago with the Bangerz album and I haven't followed every single thing she's done since then. She changes genre a lot. I think she's developing as an artist in a really interesting way. Starting out as a Disney child performer to where she is now, it's quite the journey. Although, tbf, Olivia Rodrigo is doing something very similar right now. Maybe starting with Disney isn't so bad, lol.

Don't know anything about that but films are not really my thing, tbh. I know Dolly released the song in 1973. I don't think it did well in the charts but it always got loads of radio play and became an instant classic. Btw, you know Dolly Parton is Miley's godmother, right?

Here's Miley doing Nothing Else Matters with Metallica.

8m 54s

Back