MJ’s most recognizable song of all time

TDCAU seems to have had a bit of a resurgance since AEG released the clip of him performing it on TII. Its still not the kind of MJ song you would ever hear on the radio though.

TDCAU seems to have had a bit of a resurgance since AEG released the clip of him performing it on TII. Its still not the kind of MJ song you would ever hear on the radio though.

Radio is less significant these days than it was in the past. Thankfully it's not just about what corporations tell you to listen to any more. So if people want to listen to TDCAU they stream it. And they do it a lot...

I know US radio never really liked this song ever since it was released (the ridiculously hypocritical "anti-semitic" scandal etc.) but it's popular despite of that. I agree that the fact it was featured in TII has to do with it, but people would not play it that much if they didn't like it.

Here in my country I have seen it performed on talent shows and the audience went crazy.

I checked it out on Deezer as well.

1. Billie Jean
2. TDCAU

(Not counting the Xscape songs.)

So yeah, TDCAU IS popular.

Here in the UK, Billie Jean, You Are Not Alone, One Day In Your Life and Earth Song are his four most successful singles here.

Here in the UK, Billie Jean, You Are Not Alone, One Day In Your Life and Earth Song are his four most successful singles here.

Only in terms of chart position. Not most recognisable.

Definitely Michael's most recognizable songs are from the Thriller album.

Billie Jean (because of the Moonwalk, the white rhinestone glove.)
Thriller (because of the short film.)
Beat It
Smooth Criminal (the lean, the 'Annie, are you ok?' line.)
Human Nature (perhaps in my country but people think that song is called "Why.")

In Germany i would say:

DSTYGE, Billie Jean, Thriller, Beat It, Smooth Criminal, Man In The Mirror, TWYMMF, Bad, IJCSLY, Dirty Diana, Black Or White, Heal The World, Earth Song, They Don't Care About Us

This are the songs i hear on the radio and i think everybody know them ;)

Last edited:
Oh and at canival a DJ played Thriller and Black Or White and nearly every teenager knew the text of both songs. Or at least the chorus. I think that shows how popular his most famous songs still are.

in the UK for younger people who werent around during the thriller and bad years the earth song is one of his most recongised songs

A tie between thriller and billie jean. I even know a few haters who like to groove to billie jean!

Back