'Monkey Business' appreciation thread

I've been provoked yet again from Agonum and the mods do nothing about it.

I assume bullying is ok in this forum then? Fair enough I bite back at him but he's honestly doing my nut in.

If you don't want threads turning to chaos, do something about it.
I got your back to, what should I do

Buddy you wanna air your grievances on a song you can go to the least favorites thread. Let some ninjas have a safe space already.
Fair enough..

If only Agonum wasn't such a d*ck trying to provoke me at every opportunity then I wouldn't have a problem with a thread like this.

Fair enough..

If only Agonum wasn't such a d*ck trying to provoke me at every opportunity then I wouldn't have a problem with a thread like this.
Y'all gotta work that out between ya. You did say something a lil racist to him, so idk. Not taking sides, I'll get crunk with both of y'all lol.

Y'all gotta work that out between ya. You did say something a lil racist to him, so idk. Not taking sides, I'll get crunk with both of y'all lol.
Racist ? Certainly not me.

I thought that this 'issue' with him was over and had been for weeks.

He has made a dig at me in the other thread about producers MJ would use when he didn't have to do that, so it's on him to shut the hell up and stop provoking me.

If he wants to continue this way with me then I have no problem fighting my corner.

He has made a dig at me in the other thread about producers MJ would use when he didn't have to do that, so it's on him to shut the hell up and stop provoking me.

If he wants to continue this way with me then I have no problem fighting my corner.
Well, you called him Abba. I guess that's just teasing then? Idk.

I would have thought the intention of my post was pretty obvious given the context…

As @Michaels Lover already has pointed out, this is a thread for appreciating Monkey Business. Unless it’s disorder we crave, we are wise to adhere to the stipulated topic.

His voice is superb on Monkey Business, the control in his tone and delivery is outstanding. I come back to this song often for Mike's vocals
Exactly. The precision in the articulation. I remember being very impressed by that the first time I heard the song… and my admiration for it has only grown with subsequent listenings.

Edit: Lapsus.

Last edited:
I would have thought the intention of my post was pretty obvious given the context…

As @Michaels Lover already has pointed out, this is a thread for appreciating Monkey Business. Unless it’s disorder we crave, we are wise to adhere to the stipulated topic.
Have you been celebrating after your win at Eurovision last night?

and what was your intentions by provoking me in the producer thread?

Why do you continue to keep this spat going?

and what was your intentions by provoking me in the producer thread?

Why do you continue to keep this spat going?
Remember you told me to “stick to ABBA”? Nothing wrong with ABBA, in my book, but still… well, in that producer thread, you mentioned you would have loved to see Michael collaborating with Max Martin. All I said in the ensuing reply thereon, was that I find that amusing. Both you and I know why, don’t we?

Remember you told me to “stick to ABBA”? Nothing wrong with ABBA, in my book, but still… well, in that producer thread, you mentioned you would have loved to see Michael collaborating with Max Martin. All I said in the ensuing reply thereon, was that I find that amusing. Both you and I know why, don’t we?
Ok Bjorn..... Answer me this, did you celebrate Loreen's triumphant Eurovision win?

Let me just say y'all are cracking me up,it's not that big of a deal,peace and love over hate remember

Love this song! Although I can't really make out what he says towards the end I do have a hard time believing Michael Jackson would put 'motherf•ucking' in it though, lol

Also didn't MJ have a crush on Agnetha from Abba? :)
Edit: I can't find this story anymore but I remember an interview of MJ saying he had a crush on her??

Last edited:
Also didn't MJ have a crush on Agnetha from Abba? :)
Edit: I can't find this story anymore but I remember an interview of MJ saying he had a crush on her??
Interesting. Never heard of this. And how is Monkey Business involved in it?

Do you not think this sounds too similar to Superfly Sister?

Not at all. Where are the similarities, I wonder?
They both have that 'funky' sound but it's the layering of his voice in the choruses as well, when I first heard Monkey Business I thought it had been reworked into Superfly Sister.

They both have that 'funky' sound but it's the layering of his voice in the choruses as well, when I first heard Monkey Business I thought it had been reworked into Superfly Sister.
But then you’re only talking about the production, right?

But then you’re only talking about the production, right?
Oh yeah melodically I don’t think they’re all that similar. It’s no You Can’t Win/Can’t Get Outta The Rain situation. But I can definitely hear they’re cut from the same cloth.

Oh yeah melodically I don’t think they’re all that similar. It’s no You Can’t Win/Can’t Get Outta The Rain situation. But I can definitely hear they’re cut from the same cloth.
They’re both bluesy funk songs. And I do agree the chorus stacks sound as though they could have been cut one after the other.

Back