'Monkey Business' appreciation thread

Proud Member
the best of MJ's high register vocals, the best of MJ's low register vocals, with the clarity and resonance and purity of a bassoon. the crux of his harmonies and more of the strength of his writing and production. should it have been on Invincible? naa..cus it ended up on his collection....'the ultimate collection' boxset. i bought 2 copies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkdQrGcfnEc

I SWEAR at the very end he says "Mother f*cking kids, baby!".

I love the song. It's one of my favourites. :)

Last edited:
all i can say is "OH LORD HAVE MERCY" i love that part!

Last edited:
I SWEAR at the very end he says "Mother f*cking kids, baby!".
Omg I hadn't noticed it before, but you are right, he says something that sounds like this... :eek: :lol:

I hate the annoying monkey sounds. Cool vocals and everything, but the damn chimps ruin it for me. It is kinda embarrassing to listen to.
When I first listened to the song I thought the exact same thing..... But I got used to those sounds and they don't annoy me that much any more..... :p

And of course I have to say that I love this song!!! :punk:

I hate the annoying monkey sounds. Cool vocals and everything, but the damn chimps ruin it for me. It is kinda embarrassing to listen to.

Oh, those are monkeys? I thought that LaToya and Jermaine sung background vocals...

Oh well, not. :D This song has kind of interesting lyrics.

To be honest I don't like the monkey noises.. and I can't hear Michael well enough, but it's ok I guess.

I don't think it shows 'the best of MJ's high register vocals'.. there are songs on Invincible which do that though.

Last edited:
Love this song. I actually use to hate it but it grew on me. It's really great to listen to, I love the awesome layering at the extended end and my sister is obsessed with his vocals here, lol.

I totally love it- oh so funky - "oh god have mercy" with that sexy low voice. I have a feeling it didn't make the cut for BAD because of the monkey sounds- (he had Bubbles at the time) it would have been too gimmicky I guess.

I totally love it- oh so funky - "oh god have mercy" with that sexy low voice. I have a feeling it didn't make the cut for BAD because of the monkey sounds- (he had Bubbles at the time) it would have been too gimmicky I guess.

Yea I agree.... but I love the song, its different and I love his low vocals here... It sound very jazz like.... without the monkeys in the background it would have been great lol

Omg I hadn't noticed it before, but you are right, he says something that sounds like this... :eek: :lol:

When I first listened to the song I thought the exact same thing..... But I got used to those sounds and they don't annoy me that much any more..... :p

And of course I have to say that I love this song!!! :punk:

I thought it was 'Too much for the kids baby' - if MB is what I think it's about, that would make more sense - but then so could 'Mind the motherfckin' kids baby'.

This song is one of my all time favourites!!! And i als think he says "mother fuckin kids baby" as well lol!!!! The monkey noises are what makes the song unique

its " Well Lord have mercy"

sorry it bugged me lol and i love the song. esp when he sucks air through his teeth i find that sexy... and the lyrics are kind of ???

This song it's so amazing, so funky!
But it's true, I find the monkeys sounds really disturbing, I always try to move forward that little part :D

^ Hahah really? I like the Monkeys
2qlg3r7.gif

I remember back when The Ultimate Collection came out I used to listen to this a lot..I really love it still ;)

I would soooooo loooove the song without the monkeys haha.
Now I'm listening it and it makes me laugh :lmao:
But MJ's voice here it's so good, so sexy. It's almost like the monkeys ruined it for me.

Back