MTV This Is It Review ... a hell of singer!

I love this article! It's so true. Michael's voice has always been so underrated, it's sad. He has the range, perfect pitch, falsetto, gritty when he wants it to be, adding all those little tics, beautiful tone... Just listen to She's out of my life like he said or Someone in the dark, and you'll hear how BEAUTIFUL it is. He could do any type of song, and that isn't very common. He puts so much emotion into his songs that you can feel whatever it is he's wanting you to feel. Amazing.
Just yesterday on Family Feud, they had a question that was "What pop star has a worse singing voice than you?" 8 people said Michael!! I was so offended by that. I said, "Well all those people who think they sing BETTER than Michael Jackson better be out there recording some music." I think the reason why people overlook his singing ability is just because the focus has been placed more on his dancing and showmanship. For those of us who have listened to and know all of his music, we know how blessed he was with his voice, as well.

lmfao! :smilerolleyes: They are simply delusional if they honestly think they can sing better than Michael. Maybe they need to put aside their biases and take a hard listen to Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, Dirty Diana, Human Nature, maybe even throw in a few old school songs in there like Who's Lovin' You/Don't Know Why I Love You/Time Waits For No One and then see if they can honestly say that they think they are a 'better' or more capable vocalist. His range itself is rare. Not even starting on the control and emotion he had from such a young age. I have never heard a single bum note from Michael. These people are no doubt like the majority of the population - only sing in the shower, and even then sound like crap.

"Worse singing voice"
They probably think Michael's singing is all about those Hee-hee's and Hoo's.
Well, anyone who reduces his music to that probably also thinks he's nothing but a guy who had plastic surgery.
Don't mind them.

That was an awesome review! MJ deserves just as much credit for vocals as his dancing...but seldom do people even fans mention his VOICE! Very well said James Montgomery

YES! i read this article i even posted here but it was moved to a therad i could not find, so NICE that someone post AGAIN iN A PLACE WHERE EVERYONE CAN SEE IT

Goodgood article, and remember that its may be the first and only time Michael sung that song, (which im sure he didnt like much, sorry, but i think he didnt liked it at all) but YES THE POINT IS Michael was a hell of a singer, o musical god, no questions about it.a child progidy who became a genius, it was his destiny

"Worse singing voice"
Well, anyone who reduces his music to that probably also thinks he's nothing but a guy who had plastic surgery.
Don't mind them.

you know one thing? this last song (This Is It) did something. after it came out, a lot of my non-fan friends are calling me/emailing me/talking to me about his singing. they love it. one of them said the other day -- "I had no idea he was such a great singer. I always thought he was mostly about dancing". I was like, well, it's high time lol!

but I noticed one thing. he didn't do a lot of those vocal tics in this song. he just plain... sang. his voice was strong, and yet fragile and at times just unearthly. I think this is the first time some people are hearing his *singing*. and they love it.

"Worse singing voice"
Don't mind them.

I agree. These people are the one's who have only heard of a few MJ songs like "Billie Jean", "Thriller" and "Beat It" and think Michael is all about these little vocal inflections. I've come across a few people like this who think Michael can't sing, but they don't know anything about Michael or his talent really beyond two or three songs really, so they can't be taken seriously. Even in those popular songs though I think he shows great vocal ability. These people must be tone deaf or something lol.

Michael is a great vocalist and has been voted in polls and magazines like Rolling Stone for being one of the best singers in mainstream music. Another reason I know he's good is because whenever someone tries to cover his songs, they fail miserably. Only MJ can sing his songs. Everyone else sounds terrible. He's amazing, period.

you know one thing? this last song (This Is It) did something. after it came out, a lot of my non-fan friends are calling me/emailing me/talking to me about his singing. they love it. one of them said the other day -- "I had no idea he was such a great singer. I always thought he was mostly about dancing". I was like, well, it's high time lol!

but I noticed one thing. he didn't do a lot of those vocal tics in this song. he just plain... sang. his voice was strong, and yet fragile and at times just unearthly. I think this is the first time some people are hearing his *singing*. and they love it.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

You're killing me...

About MTV...f them...they didn't support him, while he had problems.

I cannot think of many male singers who are at the same level of uniqueness with Michael. Stevie wonder would be quite close, and more recently perhaps that guy who sings the Timbaland song Apologize (forgetting his name, doh).

Back