Murray Trial Day 22, November 1st

I hope the jury will see Michael the person. Not be distracted by the celebrity part.

Thank you very much

you are welcome...:) I am so thankful for all those that have uploaded those video's there..I have missed some days myself and have relied on that thread to help me catch up. So for all those that have taken the time to upload those video's...and have also taken the time to type the days testimony in threads like this I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU. :)

just read an interesting post from "Kathy" on another site and she has a good point. Defence were making a point of how hard it would be to conceal the iv tubing (by the way can anyone help me here, was the tubing missing?)...but their own witness, White, managed to easily conceal the tubing in his pocket when he produced it to make a point about the valve/tab missing (yesterdays tesitimony). It's obviously not too hard considering white was sitting in front of a packed court room and nobody noticed.

as for it leaking into murrays pocket, maybe he stuck it in a plastic bag (as whites was) or it was possibly empty due to all the fluid being drained into michael at an accelerated rate while murray was chatting up his biatches on the phone.

just read an interesting post from "Kathy" on another site and she has a good point. Defence were making a point of how hard it would be to conceal the iv tubing (by the way can anyone help me here, was the tubing missing?)...but their own witness, White, managed to easily conceal the tubing in his pocket when he produced it to make a point about the valve/tab missing (yesterdays tesitimony). It's obviously not too hard considering white was sitting in front of a packed court room and nobody noticed.

as for it leaking into murrays pocket, maybe he stuck it in a plastic bag (as whites was) or it was possibly empty due to all the fluid being drained into michael at an accelerated rate while murray was chatting up his biatches on the phone.

lol really good point. lol White put the tube in his pocket for the whole time and no one notice that.
However, I don't know whether the jury notice that. It would by really funny if Walgren actually asked that in court.

Has anyone made Walgren and Shafer smilies like the TMez one?

So glad this trial is whinding down. Now comes the press conferences from both sides, the jurors interviews, the lawyers on every damn news outlet. This was not good for Michael Jackson at all. The end can't come soon enough.

MichaelJackson00550kleinaf367590jpg.jpg

A bit off topic, but I could'nt resist.

@Misayko....I'm going through this thread and saw this pic and man, it just made me smile, I needed that. Thanks!

Anyway....

I do understand the apprehension that some are feeling right now as this trial winds down, but let me just say this. Yes, Michael is no longer here with us physically, no more picture sightings for us to get excited over or even hearing him speak. But gues what, Michael Jackson did much for us and left behind so much that I for one am going nowhere! I love this man and I also love MJJC. Michael Jackson has been IT for me, I was never interested in any other celebrity (and for the record, Michael was more than just a celebrity to me). This man stood for more than just being an entertainer, he just wanted this world and life to be better for us all. He wore his heart on his sleeve and damn did he take countless hits for it, but he pushed on.

While some fans have turned their focus towards other celebrities since Michael's passing, I'll forever be a ride or die chick for Mike! We can't let our little family here just die out.
Love you Mike!:wub:....and I love you guys too!

Last edited:

I think this has been mentioned before on here, but I missed it in the stream. Can someone please tell me in what part of his testimony he did that or possibly find that part on youtube for me? I'd love to see that.

Are any of you sending Michael some flowers when jury deliberations begin or at the end of verdict. I am going to buy some from Forest Lawn.

omg, I can't believe we're here already : really really tired and stressed - please can we have a guilty verdict!? I do think that Conrad Murray needs to suffer some penalty for his wrong doing, even though it will not change what happened to Michael.

thanks to everyone who provided updates during the trial - so very much appreciated.

i will never forget Michael Jackson - as far as I'm concerned he's with me every day and always will be.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-conrad-murray-20111102,0,3651619.story

By Victoria Kim and Harriet Ryan, Los Angeles Times

November 2, 2011
Testimony drew to a close in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's personal physician Tuesday as the doctor announced he will not testify in his own defense.

Dr. Conrad Murray waited until the last possible moment to declare his intention not to take the stand, telling the judge as late as Monday afternoon he had yet to make up his mind. After the final defense witness completed his testimony Tuesday, Murray took his time responding to the judge's question about his final decision.

After informing Murray of his constitutional right to testify or to remain silent, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor asked the doctor, "What is your decision?"

PHOTOS: Conrad Murray trial

Murray paused, looked to his lead defense attorney Ed Chernoff and then to his left at two other lawyers. The audience in the packed courtroom, including the Jackson family, waited on the edge of their seats.

The physician opened his mouth and began saying: "My decision is to not testify...."

Murray's response was interrupted by a prosecutor who objected, saying the doctor was giving a "narrative answer." The judge asked Murray again and he replied, "My decision is that I will not testify in this matter."

Pastor, who previously told the doctor the right was his independent of any strategy by his attorneys, asked Murray if the decision was his alone.

"You are making this decision based on your own free will?" Pastor asked.

"Yes," Murray said. Chernoff added that he had conferred with his client about the decision "many times" and that the doctor understood his rights "very well."

It is rare for criminal defendants to testify, and legal observers following the case have said it would be unlikely and unwise for Murray to choose to do so.

The cardiologist probably would have been subject to blistering cross-examination by prosecutors on what witnesses have said were Murray's many cover-up attempts and egregious medical misjudgments.

Yet Murray appeared to have seriously weighed the option, telling the judge Monday it "depends on how case progresses."

With the doctor's announcement, Murray's defense rested its weeklong case after having called to the stand a handful of character witnesses and two medical experts.

Their final witness, anesthesiologist Dr. Paul White, conceded that Murray had made errors in judgment but said Jackson accidentally took his own life by injecting himself with the surgical anesthetic propofol.

In a brief rebuttal case, prosecutors called back to the stand their chief medical expert, Dr. Steven Shafer, to counter White's contentions and reinforce his earlier testimony that Murray probably left an intravenous drip of the anesthetic propofol running into Jackson's veins after the singer's heart stopped.

Shafer refuted White's testimony that levels of the drug found in Jackson's urine proved that scenario was wrong. In that analysis, White relied on an outdated 1988 study, Shafer said. In fact, more recent research on the drug supports his hypothesis on what happened in the hours leading up to the pop star's death, Shafer testified.

The latest research also illustrated that Jackson could not have given himself an injection of the drug, the scenario White said was more likely, Shafer said.

"Does it absolutely rule out the hypothesis put forth by Dr. White?" Deputy Dist. Atty. David Walgren asked.

"Absolutely," Shafer replied.

Once Shafer finished on the stand, prosecutors also rested their case, setting the stage for closing arguments Thursday.

Outside the jury's presence, the attorneys and the judge discussed instructions to be read to the panel before it begins deliberating.

Prosecutors said they would offer jurors two separate theories of involuntary manslaughter: that Murray's conduct — using propofol — was a lawful act, but done in a criminally negligent manner; or that he failed to perform his legal duty as a physician.

Over defense attorneys' objections, Pastor also accepted a jury instruction that goes to the question of whether Murray could be convicted even if jurors believe the defense's contention that Jackson injected himself.

Jurors will be told that Murray is still criminally liable "if the defendant should have foreseen the possibility of harm that could result from his act."

I really hope the jury are smart people and they wont take those character witnesses in consideration, instead concentrating only on Michael's case.

Will we beable to see the jury instructions before tom? nothing on the court website so far

Pastor and attorneys spent Tuesday afternoon finalizing jury instructions, which will give the panel its guidelines for how to view the case. Prosecutors are saying that while Murray was engaged in lawful practices during his treatment of Jackson, he was criminally negligent in many of his actions. The panel will be told that they can consider whether Murray should have known that Jackson's death was a foreseeable consequence of his actions.

Defense attorneys will be able to highlight the testimony of five character witnesses - which jurors will be told can be sufficient to create reasonable doubt - to illustrate seven traits they claim the doctor has displayed throughout his career: being attentive, informative, skillful, cautious, compassionate, loyal and knowledgeable.

They can also consider whether the character witnesses demonstrated that Murray is selfless and not financially motivated. Prosecutors have cast him as greedy and eager to please Jackson, who had agreed to pay the physician $150,000 per month. The singer died before the contract was finalized.

http://m.apnews.mobi/ap/db_6718/con...rue&contentguid=50yJDrzF&detailindex=#display

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3651619.story

Prosecutors said they would offer jurors two separate theories of involuntary manslaughter: that Murray's conduct — using propofol — was a lawful act, but done in a criminally negligent manner; or that he failed to perform his legal duty as a physician.

Over defense attorneys' objections, Pastor also accepted a jury instruction that goes to the question of whether Murray could be convicted even if jurors believe the defense's contention that Jackson injected himself.

Jurors will be told that Murray is still criminally liable "if the defendant should have foreseen the possibility of harm that could
result from his act."

dont understand how the character witnesses in itself can create reasnoble doubt!? It should be what happened in the bedroom on june 25th that matters.

However glad see the prosecution got the in the chance of convicting even if so dumb juror believe the self administration theory.

so we never will hear murray talking about how he did kill Michael Jackson.
he dont have to lie about all this. and we will never see this.
he maybe say to himself.... "well i killed michael jackson, but who cares? i dont need to talk about it, dont have to explain something, or to someone what i did, i dont have to lie. i'm at home for some years or months, and after that i'm doing some interviews, writing books, get my lovely money I've waited so loooong. who cares, i have my life!"

we only will get media reports, interwiews or books. all the tabloid shit.
damn. this is such a big shit trial!
this murderer must not say anything about this all.
he was not at a police office. no, he is doing an "interwiev" in the "Ritz". ^^ !!!
he never was handcuffed. never have to testify about this all in court.
he will not go to jail. no!... he is sitting at home, have a cool nice day in the sun. wow ^^
and if he will lost his medical license. only in california?
this murderer will get 100.000s or millions of dollar. have a nice life.

where is the justice????????

ITA mjchris - even if he's found guilty, there are some things we'll never know about what really happened
to Michael that night & morning - I wish in a way that White's talks with Murray had been let into the evidence -
as it is - CM's just sat there, - he knows what he did - he doesn't even have to testify, whilst all others in
court, including the jurors, have given their time & expertise over the weeks - as well as posters here in
their discussions.

In the meantime we have to wait for Thursday.

Be strong - you are not alone.

dont understand how the character witnesses in itself can create reasnoble doubt!? It should be what happened in the bedroom on june 25th that matters.However glad see the prosecution got the in the chance of convicting even if so dumb juror believe the self administration theory.
im hoping that what it actually means is that the jury can view the character witnesses as actual evidence rather than just character witnesses and nothing more so to speak.and its not like they will just use the character witnesses as evidence on its own to create reasonable doubt but they can use it as a part of the entire defence case. cause in most cases dont character witnesses come in afterwards to get a lighter sentence?

Last edited:
Ivy come in here and make us feel better about these instructions.!!!!

i fail to see why these instructions even happen the definition of the charge is what it is.

dont understand how the character witnesses in itself can create reasnoble doubt!? It should be what happened in the bedroom on june 25th that matters.

I totally agree. It's not like these people had anything to do with what happened to Michael Jackson on that terrible day. I never understood why they were even called as witnesses in the first place. They didn't have anything relevant to add to the real facts of the case at all, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I totally agree. It's not like these people had anything to do with what happened to Michael Jackson on that terrible day. I never understood why they were even called as witnesses in the first place. They didn't have anything to do with the real facts of the case at all, in my opinion.
and they were biased, Walgren successfully questioned them if there was any evidence in the world which would make them think differently, and they all denied, Murray could've very well blown Michael's head away, they'd still side with him

Back