Musical Parallels Thread

Dirty Diana
You'll never make me stay
So take your weight off of me

Get Your Weight Off Of Me
Just get your weight off of me
Why don't you just let me be?

Another one that was actually brought out to me by a random YouTube comment:

7 Digits and HIStory have a similar vocal melody.
The similarities might also be the reason one of em wasn't released (the same might be the case with Dangerous and Streetwalker)

In I Will Survive by Alma , some lines of the verses make me think of Coming Home by the Jackson 5.

I have no clue who is Alma, I just heard it in a shop and shazammed it.
I suspect that Coming Home by the Jackson 5 may be cover, but in the case I don't know the original.

In I Will Survive by Alma , some lines of the verses make me think of Coming Home by the Jackson 5.

I have no clue who is Alma, I just heard it in a shop and shazammed it.
I suspect that Coming Home by the Jackson 5 may be cover, but in the case I don't know the original.
It’s an original, as far as I know. Penned by The Corporation.

thanks to youtuber Seph Plays
I always knew I heard the intro from APOM somewhere
Since MJ was a huge Lucas fan, wouldn't surprise me he wanted a 'Lucas-type of intro' lol

APOM also reminds me a bit of War's 'Galaxy' (There was more MJ stuff I thought might be inspired by War, just can't remember right now)

wierd warning!

I have 3

The first part of the intro, the melody sound the same for,
Burn This Disco Out and
Lovely One - different instrumentation

and the themes of the lyrics of

Shake Your Body Down and Streetwalker.

(Girl walking all around town whom he wants)

The horn blow at the intro of TDCAU in the movie soundtrack for This Is It and the horn blow in She Drives Me Wild

I also find these 'I don't believe it' vocals similar. I mean they are only some words but still kinda unique in an MJ-way imho:

1:01

No hostility in my tone. Just saying. It's partly his Indiana side too, though, you're right.
L.O.V.E. guys!
It's mostly the American accent I guess, couldn't figure it out. Anyway to add up to it: @Agonum and @Mister_Jay_Tee, do you think 'GYWOM' sampled the 'Go'n'now' from 'Superfly Sister'? Seems so random to use it again years later

Last edited:
L.O.V.E. guys!
It's mostly the American accent I guess, couldn't figure it out. Anyway to add up to it: @Agonum and @Mister_Jay_Tee, do you think 'GYWOM' sampled the 'Go'n'now' from 'Superfly Sister'? Seems so random to use it again years later
What's easier, that he would just say the line again or that they'd cut and splice this clip randomly.

Hold My Hand and Water have a lot of the same production values and the melodies are reminiscent. Probably was produced with Akon?

Super Freak (1981)
She likes the boys in the band

Dirty Diana (1987)
She likes the boys in the bands

the legs in the Dirty Diana video

She Got It
Hot legs all into the room

Heal the World:
And if you really try
You'll find there's no need to cry

Cry:
You can change the world (I can't do it by myself)
If we all cry at the same time tonight

Heal the World:
And if you really try
You'll find there's no need to cry

Cry:
You can change the world (I can't do it by myself)
If we all cry at the same time tonight
Sorry, where’s the parallel?

Back