My friends never heard of MJ!

snapware

Proud Member
Hi Guys,

So my friends (30 years old) have been living in a cave their whole lives and never knew who Michael Jackson is.

I am trying to do my best to introduce them to his music.

What are your must see performances and songs that I should introduce them to so they fall in love?

Thanks!

Well it's obviously the Dangerous tour for his live performances. Unmatched energy. For award shows, I would say the Grammy's, that's the greatest performance ever done @ the grammys. Still can't believe a 30yr old hasn't heard of MJ!

Performances: Motown 25 (including the stuff with his brothers), any performance of Dangerous, This Is It, and/or the Bad Tour concert in Wembley when it gets released.

Songs: You can't go wrong with starting with the entire Thriller album.

Good luck!

Wow they really have been living under a rock huh? lol, well the suggestions you were given are a perfect way to enter the wonderful world of Michael Jackson. ;) good luck.

Wow, if your friend had been 12 then maybe I could understand it, but how can you manage to be 30 and NOT have heard about Michael at all yet? :bugeyed

Wow, if your friend had been 12 then maybe I could understand it, but how can you manage to be 30 and NOT have heard about Michael at all yet? :bugeyed

Even 12 year olds are fond of his music, I've met a few. So, that's quite unbelievable to be honest. lol

It really reminded me of the Simpsons episode where Michael appears, Stark Raving Dad when Homer mets Michael at the asylum. :lol:

Homer: Who are you? MJ: Hi, I'm Michael Jackson, from The Jacksons.
Homer: I'm Homer Simpson, from The Simpsons...

MJ: I can't believe you never heard of me. I'm a very popular entertainer.
Homer: Oh, of I've heard of you! I mean, you'd have to be living under a rock not to know... What'd you say your name was?
MJ: Michael Jackson.
Homer: Doesn't ring a bell.

MJ: Well, have you heard of MTV?
Homer: No.
MJ: Motown. Homer: No.
MJ: Beat It.
Homer: YOU beat it!
MJ: Thriller.
Homer: What was that last one?
MJ: Thriller.
Homer: Nope.
MJ: Well, how about this... [sings Billy Jean, complete with wild gyrations, crotch grab, and moonwalk]
Homer: Wow! How do you do that thing with your feet?
MJ: The moonwalk?
Homer: No, that thing with your feet!
MJ: Here, look. Just raise your heel a bit, put a little pressure on the ball of your foot. [demonstrates]
Homer: [tries to imitate, but ends up going forwards] D'oh!

MTV1995 is the must. Michael's performance is out of this planet. The first time when I watched it, my jaw was on the floor. Michael's short films smooth criminal/thriller/dirty Diana... dangerous tour

Songs the most commercial ones to start: BJ, Beat It, Thriller, Bad, SC

Performances live; I agree with the MTV 1995 one, Motown 25th

Tours: Dangerous live Bucharest

Shortfilms: The same from the songs.

Some of his best performances to show is:

88 Grammys
Motown 25
96 World Music Awards Earth Song
95 MTV VMAs
Remember The Time at the 93 Soul Train Awards

You Tube might have the last one. But I remember seeing this performance on tv back then. I thought it was an incredible performance. Even though Michael had to do it sitting down. Because of his foot injury.

Some of Michael's best songs for them to listen to is:

Who Is It
Billie Jean
Thriller
Beat It
Give In To Me
Smooth Criminal
Stranger In Moscow
Bad
Will You Be There
Dirty Diana

I still can't believe someone in their early 30s has never heard of Michael Jackson before. I am 32 and I have been a MJ fan practically my entire life. And I just can't see how any one can not know who he is.

I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe that there is a human being over the age of 10 who hasn't heard of Michael Jackson.. Let alone 30..

If you don't mind me asking, were your friends forbidden to watch TV, listen to the radio or read newspapers and magazines until now? It's hard to believe that they've never even heard the name (I can understand, if someone hasn't heard the music...)

It would be cool to start with The Simpsons episode, as someone has already mentioned. That's a funny introduction.

Hi Guys,

So my friends (30 years old) have been living in a cave their whole lives and never knew who Michael Jackson is.

I am trying to do my best to introduce them to his music.

What are your must see performances and songs that I should introduce them to so they fall in love?

Thanks!
I can't believe he has NEVER heard of him LOL........... :busted:

I think it's not realistic to ask him to sit down through hours of material, especially if you're not sure if he will like it. It might actually have an adverse effect, if you make him watch everything! lol I suggest making a playlist of 10 songs (yes, I know that sounds like an impossible mission...) and send it to him. Also, link some music videos on youtube (billie jean, bad, thriller, black or white, remember the time and so on).

Best to introduce him "baby steps", so he won't freak out lol Don't focus on any specific era, pick a song or two from each. I know some people like MJ from the 80's but not 90's and some prefer 90's...

What 30 year old would not know who Michael Jackson is? Anyway, show them the Dangerous tour, Moonwalker, well everything. Show 'em all the vids. As for albums, I usually suggest compilation stuff like essentials and number ones to new fans.

Yeah, you should pick a compilation album..that way you don't have to smash your head against the wall trying to pick the songs yourself lol. Same with the videos, Number Ones dvd would do it.

:scratch:
swoon.gif

Show some Michael's short films/music videos: Thriller, Beat It, Smooth Criminal, Bad, The Way You Make Me Feel, Dirty Diana, Another Part of Me, Black or White. Try to get him to listen Thriller and then Bad and if he wants to listen more he can listen others too. Show him some scenes from Moonwalker like Man in the Mirror performance. Show many live performances from Bad Tour and Dangerous Tour.

Back