Needing help with a bully?

all threats should be taken seriously. tell a parent, tell a teacher. go to the police. if youre feeling especially threatened some self defence lessons might help too because they have a way of empowering the person

as i wrote - all threats should be taken seriously. dont sit and think well did he mean it? the news is full of people who were threatened and didnt take it seriously. and if he wasnt serious, well this will be his wake up call that threats of abuse arent to be taken lightly.

I have to agree with this. All through school I was told by authority figures to whom I reported my bullying to "just ignore it and they'll stop." They never stop, in fact when they see someone meek and passive who won't fight back, it just encourages them to bully more because they've found an easy target. I think principals, teachers, etc. who say "just ignore it and they'll go away" mean that they don't want to be bothered dealing with the situation.
Well, then those authority figures did a very bad job. I wonder how those teachers would have reacted if some students misbehaved in their classrooms and when said teachers got upset the other students would have told them, "just ignore it and they'll stop."

as i wrote - all threats should be taken seriously. dont sit and think well did he mean it? the news is full of people who were threatened and didnt take it seriously. and if he wasnt serious, well this will be his wake up call that threats of abuse arent to be taken lightly.
I agree.

You guys really make me want to stand up instead of shy away, I really appreciate it. It's good to have someone listen, and I'll do exactly what you all said. :)
Thank you so much.

:better:

Tamou,

I must agree with the other posters in that the threats by this boy should be taken seriously. If he is an online friend, I'd say if it's possible, you should document any instance where he's harrassed you and/or threatened you. This includes facebook messages, status updates, comments, etc. Present this information to the authorities as soon as you can (if he's threatened to "kill you" you have every right whether he was 'serious or not'). You've already made a good step in that you told your mom about this. Then delete him from any online social networking site you belong to. But make sure you keep the messages he's sent to you because you can use that as evidence and file a harrassement suit agaisnt his triflin' behind.

I also agree that simply ignoring does not work. I'm not saying fight physically (because this kid sounds dangerous) but I am saying that you need to let it be known through your actions (contacting your parents, which you've already done, your school administrators, local authorities, etc) that you will not accept his abuse. Because that's what this kid is: an abuser.

Maybe his bullying started because you like MJ but honestly, it seems like even if you didn't love MJ, he would have found something else to pick on you for. He sounds like someone who has issues himself and he deflects his own short-comings by hurthing other people.

You've done nothing wrong, OP. In fact, you are very brave :yes:

I will be praying for you :better:

Back