New Album Coming Soon? Orianthi Currently Working on Posthumous Project

Next album should be called ''Michael Jackson: The ad lib collection'' . An entire album filled with nothing but MJ ad libs.

That was in response to your comment that Timbaland/McClain are experiencing too much praise for their contributions towards the track. Their involvement was a substantial stepping stone toward the song's ultimate commercial success, so of course they should see the most compliments. They took a 30 year old demo and brought it to another plateau.

Yup! "The Toy" is an early cut of what would become "Best of Joy".

Opening line: "I am your toy, I am your boy..."

The version we've heard isn't the most complete either: a third verse was apparently cut from the album version. (Not written by Rod Temperton either, as rumors from a few years back had suggested. Temperton was experimenting with a new chorus structure, but it's doubtful that anything he came up with was recorded.)

Coming back to this, I'm wondering what reason there would be to cut it. If not for copyright issues? Maybe it was mostly an incomplete verse?

Haha it's cool. When did this info come out? I've never heard about it before. Always nice to learn new things.

Yeah I never heard about it before either, I saw a post in the Facebook group MJ Archives and they talked in length about the track. You should join the group they about some pretty rare stuff

Yeah I never heard about it before either, I saw a post in the Facebook group MJ Archives and they talked in length about the track. You should join the group they about some pretty rare stuff

How do I join it? I've seen it mentioned but never actually knew what it was haha.

Coming back to this, I'm wondering what reason there would be to cut it. If not for copyright issues? Maybe it was mostly an incomplete verse?

People over on the MJ Archives who heard it can't quite explain that one either.

One has said that it was a verse written by Rod Temperton that was cut because he charged an obscene amount of money; a few others say the Temperton verse was never recorded and they've no clue why Neff-U decided against using it. It apparently lyrically sounds like something Michael would write.

Perhaps they're from the handwritten lyric sheet that has been circulating for ages? "It used to be you, but now it's we..."

Either way, I'm dying to hear it. "Best of Joy" is a gem.

People over on the MJ Archives who heard it can't quite explain that one either.

One has said that it was a verse written by Rod Temperton that was cut because he charged an obscene amount of money; a few others say the Temperton verse was never recorded and they've no clue why Neff-U decided against using it. It apparently lyrically sounds like something Michael would write.

Perhaps they're from the handwritten lyric sheet that has been circulating for ages? "It used to be you, but now it's we..."

Either way, I'm dying to hear it. "Best of Joy" is a gem.

Interesting! Yes it is, it's very curious to me that this song was worked on all throughout his career in various forms. The lyrics sheet also shows that the song was in a different order right? When it was remixed it was rearranged? I remember seeing something like that.

Knowing there are at least 3 tracks completed with Will.i.am makes me really want to know what they worked on..

I do not believe any of the Redone or Will-I-am songs are complete. Even if they were, I wouldn't want any of those or CGYWOM or Men in Back (which are complete) released.

Rather get producers to complete "Trouble" or "Days in Gloucestershire" or even "She got it" and release it as the first single.

Another idea would be for Usher to sing on "In the back" - I love that song ! It has so much potential.

I'm sure one of these modern producers can make the above tracks a big hit !

Last edited:
^ So Will.i.am stated at one point that 3 of the 4 songs they worked on together are complete just for....?!? what reason exactly? lol

iam not sure anymore, but didnt RedOne confirm that he got enough material for an album?
that was like 5years ago? :/

I am just looking forward to hear new music. - I don't care much who MJ worked with or not worked with.

I just hope the best songs and give us a great new MJ album.

iam not sure anymore, but didnt RedOne confirm that he got enough material for an album?

Yeah he did say something like that, I honestly doubt he has the much tbh. Didn't Will.I.Am say that also only to say he only has 4 songs that are remotely complete later? I was only joking lol but I do doubt he has enough for an album.

Last edited:

RedOne said around 2010 that enough vocals were recorded to cut together a few songs, and that he would willingly release them if the money went to a charity, as he feels that would be something Michael would largely consent to and approve of.

Beautiful gesture, but that'll take some convincing to the estate.

RedOne said around 2010 that enough vocals were recorded to cut together a few songs, and that he would willingly release them if the money went to a charity, as he feels that would be something Michael would largely consent to and approve of.

Beautiful gesture, but that'll take some convincing to the estate.

Yeah that won't happen, unless that charity is The Estate's charity.

Willing to be proved wrong but I'd quite happily live the rest of my life without listening to these songs.

I like will.i.am as a man but putting him or Redone with Michael Jackson is like serving fillet mignon with curry sauce and super noodles.

Willing to be proved wrong but I'd quite happily live the rest of my life without listening to these songs.

I like will.i.am as a man but putting him or Redone with Michael Jackson is like serving fillet mignon with curry sauce and super noodles.
Between Redone and Will.i.am, which is the curry sauce and which is the super noodles?

Seriously though, isn't there a slight possibility that MJ brought the best out of them? Out of a hand full of tracks there may be a classic or something that resonates with the public and becomes a hit?

Last edited by a moderator:
The best of Michael up to Invincible is released on his official studio albums ? all Tracks After Invincible are the Most interesting because of that reason... The others were Songs he definitely didn't want to be released in that state... So new songs like the redone Songs are what i want. As much as i Love LNFSG

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

^ the songs I def most curious about are the ones he was working on post Invincible that he may have planned for future release.. Basically the songs on the list in his bedroom... Those I would guess were the most likely songs that could have come together for release 2009- beyond

We've heard 4 (kinda 6) off that list... Hollywood Tonight & Best Of Joy / Hold My Hand / Al In Your Name.. Beuatiful Girl/ Scared Of The Moon was written on that sheet maybe being reworked. who knows how much those two changed

I'd love to hear Rock Tonight/ Silent Spring/ Shut up And dance/ The Loser (full) / D.I.E / Adore You / Too Late To Turn Back Now / Dark Lady / Can't Stop Lovin You / Lady Of Summer and the other songs on that list...

Last edited:
I do not believe any of the Redone or Will-I-am songs are complete. Even if they were, I wouldn't want any of those or CGYWOM or Men in Back (which are complete) released.

Rather get producers to complete "Trouble" or "Days in Gloucestershire" or even "She got it" and release it as the first single.

Another idea would be for Usher to sing on "In the back" - I love that song ! It has so much potential.

I'm sure one of these modern producers can make the above tracks a big hit !

Lol what??

I'd love to hear Rock Tonight/ Silent Spring/ Shut up And dance/ The Loser (full) / D.I.E / Adore You / Too Late To Turn Back Now / Dark Lady / Can't Stop Lovin You / Lady Of Summer and the other songs on that list...

Doubtful that we'll get "Shut Up and Dance" on this album - the vocals are apparently very incomplete.

Same with "Dark Lady" (alternative title "H2O"). Someone who's heard it said it's great, but that Michael repeats the same lines throughout the entire song. Could be something that pops up on a box set.

I agree overall - anything written post-2006 is at the top of my list. See how sharp Michael's creativity still was, considering every track we've gotten thus far has been written by someone else ("Hold My Hand") or was written in the 80s/90s.

I'm loving all this sweet sweet info. I'm also very interested in stuff Michael recorded post-2006. Even if it's very incomplete I still love hearing demos and ideas that may never have been fully realised.

Back