New Album Coming Soon? Orianthi Currently Working on Posthumous Project

Yeah for sure. The world was curious for This Is It. It's funny how fast time goes, will be the tenth anniversary in no time. It all only feels like about two years ago to me. Given that TII was so successful I wonder how well would an extended version do if they release one at some point. The real selling point will be the unseen MJ footage in HD quality but they can do endless hours of interviews with people involved. Yes, new album at this point makes sense.

It honestly doesn't feel that long ago to me either. I remember going to see it in cinema. I didn't really become a fan until after MJ had died so that was around the time I was a massive fan. Learning what was going on at the time took a lot of the magic away from it though. I can still watch it and enjoy it but I always keep in mind how things really were.

It honestly doesn't feel that long ago to me either. I remember going to see it in cinema. I didn't really become a fan until after MJ had died so that was around the time I was a massive fan. Learning what was going on at the time took a lot of the magic away from it though. I can still watch it and enjoy it but I always keep in mind how things really were.
That's the truth man. Things were not all they seemed. Things that came out about the way MJ was treated tarnished it for me also. I'm sort of looking on the bright side of it again, if there is one, but yes it's very bittersweet. Must have been amazing to become a fan at that time. Must have been amazing to go back into his music and performances.

As long as we have the songs as Michael left them the last time he worked on the tracks and make them justice with the mixing like they did with the unreleased Bad25 ones, I will be happy. I really don't care about most of the remixes on Xscape, I mostly listen to the originals but the mixing in some songs sound very bad, Loving You, She Was Loving Me and LNFSG specially.

I'd like to see them work on the demos from Bad 25-not change them or contemporize them, but take what Michael had and add to it, with real instruments, etc. There are some real gems there. I love them.

The only two songs that I vocally advocate should be touched up and issued on a studio album are "I'm So Blue" and "Beautiful Girl," two of my absolute favorite songs in his catalog. Both are just excellent, excellent songs.

Everything else should be unleaked and unreleased.

I'd like to see them work on the demos from Bad 25-not change them or contemporize them, but take what Michael had and add to it, with real instruments, etc. There are some real gems there. I love them.

I agree. Abortion Papers, Price of Fame and Al Capone all need to be given a fuller sound. They are such great tracks vocally but intrumentation wise are lacking.

I wouldn't mind seeing Serious Effect on the new album. I think it would be make a good title track

I'd love to see a more complete version of Price Of Fame on the next album, that stunning track was wasted on BAD 25 even though I'm so happy it was released.

I would like to see People of the World and Seeing Voices on the new album.

if the new album has either Serious Effect, Work that Body or If You Don't Love Me on it i am INSTANTLY buying it

I'm a heavy advocate for the inclusion of "If You Don't Love Me". Great tune.

I'm a heavy advocate for the inclusion of "If You Don't Love Me". Great tune.

Definitely the best ever non-released track.

A mix of Elvis's Return to Sender & a Prince track (maybe Alphabet St).

Should have been a double A side with 'In The Closet' as a special unreleased treat.

Definitely the best ever non-released track.

A mix of Elvis's Return to Sender & a Prince track (maybe Alphabet St).

Should have been a double A side with 'In The Closet' as a special unreleased treat.

Don't forget the "It takes two" influence. I can hear that in the song as well

Mostly when I´m listening to the unreleased songs and demos I´m under the impression that at anytime when Michael and his people were working on new songs they merged those in others - we eventually know. I think of the vocals, the melodies - the instrumental parts seem always unfinished, just attempts during the working processes to find a song. But I love Days In Gloucestershire, People Of The World, Beautiful Girl:).

if you don't love me is probably the worst mj song

Hm.. to me it sounds like a good & simple rock song.
I agree. First time I heard it, it transported me back to the Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis stuff from days back-loved that. Think I'll go crank it on now! :)

Repetitive doesn't necessarily mean bad.

Keep in mind one of Michael's most renowned tracks ("Bad") is built on a four-bar bass melody and the words "Bad, bad, really, really bad" over and over and over and over again.

Repetitive doesn't necessarily mean bad.

Keep in mind one of Michael's most renowned tracks ("Bad") is built on a four-bar bass melody and the words "Bad, bad, really, really bad" over and over and over and over again.

was never fond of bad either

I hope Man in black will be on it. Think I hope for 8-10 non-leak songs and I hope they can includes some leaks but as a bonus like Serious Effect, If You Don't Love Me, and We've Had Enough and Shout deserves a real release too.

I also hope they continue the tradition with one name for the album and an uptempo song for the opening track.

I hope Man in black will be on it. Think I hope for 8-10 non-leak songs and I hope they can includes some leaks but as a bonus like Serious Effect, If You Don't Love Me, and We've Had Enough and Shout deserves a real release too.

I also hope they continue the tradition with one name for the album and an uptempo song for the opening track.

Why is everyone so exciting to hear "Man In Black" ? I never heard even a snippet of the track... maybe i did but i can't remember then.
Maybe it's a totally worse track ?

Why is everyone so exciting to hear "Man In Black" ? I never heard even a snippet of the track... maybe i did but i can't remember then.
Maybe it's a totally worse track ?

Well, I have wondered that myself too and have never heard it either, but the title sounds kind of interesting :)

Maybe we've all heard Men In Black, but then we mysteriously forgot about it?

I want a 10 track album with the following songs

Going to Rio
Rolling The Dice
Chicago 1945
Seeing Voices
People Of The World
Price of Fame (More instruments added)
We've Had Enough (Deserves a better release)
I'm Dreaming ft Will i am
Can't Get Your Weight Off Me
I Was The Loser

There probably should not be a new studio l.p. and or compilation of unreleased studio recordings for a couple of more years BECAUSE the Estate need to leave Sony and find someone who will actually promote the projects in particular with "short promotional films" (a.k.a. "music videos"). As it is "Dangerous 25" needs to happen and next year there is something going on with "Thriller". I guess all through Sony. Those bastards. They need to take their time doing whatever songs anyways...

There probably should not be a new studio l.p. and or compilation of unreleased studio recordings for a couple of more years BECAUSE the Estate need to leave Sony and find someone who will actually promote the projects in particular with "short promotional films" (a.k.a. "music videos"). As it is "Dangerous 25" needs to happen and next year there is something going on with "Thriller". I guess all through Sony. Those bastards. They need to take their time doing whatever songs anyways...

As far as commercial success is considered, the Estate would be foolish to go with Dangerous25 over a studio LP.

Michael and Xscape are their biggest money makers thus far, each selling in excess of two million copies worldwide. Xscape alone catapulted Michael to become the sixth biggest-selling artist globally.

In contrast, reported sales numbers for Bad25 don't even add up to 400,000 units worldwide. And I'd bet money that Dangerous would fare much, much worse.

The Sony promotional campaign typically starts off strong and loses steam quickly by release day. Xscape got an excellent start and even kept up the momentum to the Billboard Music Awards, but it crumbled afterwards.

Back