New All-Star Tribute album?

The new album is dropping on June 25th. It will feature 13 tracks with producers Neff-U, Rodney Jerkins, Teddy Riley, RedOne, Akon, Syience and Giorgio Tuinfor. It will include MJ's vocals.

I find it extraordinarily hard to believe that this album would be produced without the estate’s say so from the very beginning, especially considering the status of the involved individuals (Neff-U, Rodney, allegedly Bruno).

I mean, if they're doing it without the estate then we can expect it to be blocked pretty soon lol.

If it is canned for whatever reason, I hope they at least issue a statement rather than leave us in limbo. I hate when companies announce things and kinda just drop it in the hopes that nobody will notice cough cough Thriller 40 documentary cough cough

If it is canned for whatever reason, I hope they at least issue a statement rather than leave us in limbo. I hate when companies announce things and kinda just drop it in the hopes that nobody will notice cough cough Thriller 40 documentary cough cough
They haven't even announced it lol, it's like a really well founded rumor at this point

As long as it's a release similar to Xscape where we can also hear Michael's version, otherwise no thanks.
To add to my comment before, not only would I want something similar to the deluxe Xscape album be done, if they were to get other people to finish a song Michael didn't complete, as long as they generally leave what Michael did alone, and filled in the blank spots, I'd be fine with that as well.

Examples- songs like I Have This Dream, Faces, People Of The World, etc where Michael already laid vocals down and what not....leave that alone.

To add to my comment before, not only would I want something similar to the deluxe Xscape album be done, if they were to get other people to finish a song Michael didn't complete, as long as they generally leave what Michael did alone, and filled in the blank spots, I'd be fine with that as well.

Examples- songs like I Have This Dream, Faces, People Of The World, etc where Michael already laid vocals down and what not....leave that alone.
Exactly! These two options are respectful, but honestly I prefer to listen the original versions, with mumbles, repeats, and even with certain parts without vocals. I can give as an example Days In Gloucestershire, which is a song I listen to regularly, even though it is basically a draft. MJ's songs in their early stages are able to move me more than any complete song by any other artist.

Honestly, I don't want to force myself to listen to a duet of Michael with a mediocre BTS singer.

I see that Damien feels the same way.

It all seems pretty shady and just... weird idk. Then with the NFT involved and the Fandom agency handling other weird things I don't think it's going to go through, the estate has blocked projects for much less.

"Hold onto your seats, music lovers, because the world of entertainment is about to get a major facelift. The music industry has been shaken to its core with the introduction of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and digital assets, and the possibilities are endless. From one-of-a-kind collectibles to unique experiences, NFTs are changing the game for musicians and their fans. And with Fandom recent news about the coming up tribute album to the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, it’s clear that the industry hast great potential to join the power of NFTs. So buckle up and get ready for a wild ride as we delve into the world of NFTs, digital assets, and the future of music as we know it".

"The music industry is exploring the potential of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and digital assets to monetize their music and connect with their fans. One example is the tribute album to the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, announced last week ‘Reunion at Grouse Lodge: From Heaven to Grouse Lodge’. The album features original songs by various artists recorded at the Grouse Lodge recording studio in Ireland, where Michael Jackson himself recorded some of his music in 2006. It is a nod to Jackson’s legacy and has gained popularity among his fans".

Really bad vibes.

I just stumbled across Fandom's official website and they have this cover art for the album on the project's page. Have anyone of you seen this?
Additionally, there is an about page for the project and it says the following:

"Unfinished songs of the King of Pop were left at Grouse Lodge, which served as a sanctuary during his career. The original producers have recently reunited to complete the album."

And it's also labeled as "COMING SOON", but the page was last edited on March 30th.

Last edited:
pretty sure there's a huge letdown incoming. it's always like that when there's something MJ related stuff coming.

It's almost mid-may and nothing, I don't think it's coming out. Unless if mkgenie got it wrong and the announcement is actually in June and the album set to come out on MJ's birthday. It's more fitting as a tribute if it's released this way.

The description seems to imply that they are completing stuff MJ left behind, and doesn't mention others singing stuff? I wish we could get some clarity on what exactly this is supposed to be.

I'd bet my left arm there won't be a new album this year. They just released Thriller40 (even though it was a huge disappointment). MJ releases outside of HIStory and BOTDF never get released that close to one another.

I'd bet my left arm there won't be a new album this year. They just released Thriller40 (even though it was a huge disappointment). MJ releases outside of HIStory and BOTDF never get released that close to one another.
They released This Is It, Vision, Michael, Bad 25, and XSCAPE in the first five years after MJ’s passing. Thriller 40 is the first major project since the 2016 Off the Wall reissue.

There’s precedent to release something major this year. It’s all a matter of if/when.

Back