New HOT TOYS, BAD/Dirty Diana DX Michael Jackson action figure.

100's of dollars for a figure that does not look like him...???? I saw 2 fake dolls on ebay the other day which had more MJ look to them.

MJ' had very recognizable eyes I think we all would agree?? But While the costume looks great, are u realy telling me if u just had the face without all the clothes u would think it was MJ?
Sorry, as much as the costume looks great it just does not look like him, the eyes are wrong, very wrong.
The clothes is what make it look like him.

Funny thing is I would buy it if they got the eye's/face right.
maybe I will steal one ;- )
I still hope u enjoy it if u buy it! but i have shown my friends and they all say the same, great clothes, but bad face! and for that much money I am not wasting it on this doll!

just bought the thriller one off ebay. after a couple days browsing, it seems that you can buy the thriller one for $130-145 (this includes shipping to within USA) depending on your luck and persistence.

now to get the Bad version!

oh no!! Thriller MJ again????
I want Remember the time MJ, Stranger in Moscow MJ, Black or white MJ, HIStory tour MJ, any of these would make me happy but I guess companies would only make Thriller MJ. :[
I'm super duper sick of Thriller already. Out of MJ's 40 years career with so many classics and several iconic looks, all they will only focus on is Thriller. Is his legacy only make up of Thriller now? This is such a sad situation.

Thriller was released ages ago, they've made Billie Jean history tour version, Thriller and now Bad. No doubt they will continue making these MJ dolls of all eras because they are selling loads.

I think RTT or BOW will be next.... *fingers crossed*

Last edited:
100's of dollars for a figure that does not look like him...???? I saw 2 fake dolls on ebay the other day which had more MJ look to them.
Why don't you post the links to the dolls that look more like MJ than the HOT TOY BAD figure?

Thriller was released ages ago, they've made Billie Jean history tour version, Thriller and now Bad. No doubt they will continue making these MJ dolls of all eras because they are selling loads.
I was complaining about Figma and other companies that only make Thriller MJ figure. I'm not referring to Hottoys. :)

I think RTT of BOW will be next.... *fingers crossed*
wow. hope that will be true.*fingers crossed*

I look on Ebay regularly and i have yet to see any fake figure that comes close to the accuracy of the Hot Toys Bad Figure. You say the face doesn't look like him, but it sure as hell does. Its got that exact stare, mouth,bonestructure, you name it. ONLY the eyes, are a bit off..but also much better compared to how the very first Bad version looked, when they anounced it.

I really like to see the figures that you say look better and more like MJ. Cause i sure stumbled upon some laughable ones on Ebay.

As for their next figure...........--------> you can vote there...BUT they did the same thing before anouncing the Bad figure, a poll but i don't recall Bad being on there. Not sure though...

http://www.hottoys.jp/magazine/people/

vol01_b.jpg
vol01_a.jpg
vol01_c.jpg

vol01_d.jpg

Last edited:
why don't they include Golden Pants? I want to vote for history concert or Remember the Time.

A HIStory tour version of the Golden costume , complete with helmet and all of that would be crazy, but thats probably not gonna happen.

Some people are just never pleased, never satisfied. That's how i see it.

So true...sometimes that pisses me off!...

A HIStory tour version of the Golden costume , complete with helmet and all of that would be crazy, but thats probably not gonna happen.

You can never tell...! ;)

I'd like to have this Bad figure version sooooo badly but right now I don't have any money as I already bought the Thriller version!... :(

...or some people just accept a bad modeling of his face... they don't look like him, ONLY THE CLOTHES DO.

The modeling of his face isn't really as bad as you're making out... we may just have to agree to disagree as far as this is concerned. :p

...sure, we can disagree, but we still love MJ, right?!
The reason I focus on the accuracy of the face is because every single person that I show the figure to says the same thing EVERYTIME... "IT'S DOESN'T LOOK LIKE HIM", good costumes etc... but not MJ's face.
So, I think maybe if people don't buy it, they will be forced to do more accurate faces. just an opinion.

Listen, your talking to a fan here who flatly refused to buy any of the DVD's of MJ's music videos over the years becasue they (SONY) never remastered them... they videos were all flat, bad prints, etc... (until they finally did something with the Thriller vids for the 25 yr disc, and even that has funny lines in it). look at how terrible Thriller looks on all the official dvd's befroe the thriller 25 cd/dvd.

i blame the public... because the number 1's dvd (which was all NON remastered videos) sold so many, that tells sony and others that people don't mind low quality stuff.

I never understood that, how people could watch such rubbish, when all the technology exsisted to fix them videos (and please don't tell me it did not exsist when nearly every film ever made was remastered and on dvd by 2003)... anyway... point over.

I keep my money until I see quality.
And if u want to know

...sure, we can disagree, but we still love MJ, right?!
The reason I focus on the accuracy of the face is because every single person that I show the figure to says the same thing EVERYTIME... "IT'S DOESN'T LOOK LIKE HIM", good costumes etc... but not MJ's face.
So, I think maybe if people don't buy it, they will be forced to do more accurate faces. just an opinion.

Listen, your talking to a fan here who flatly refused to buy any of the DVD's of MJ's music videos over the years becasue they (SONY) never remastered them... they videos were all flat, bad prints, etc... (until they finally did something with the Thriller vids for the 25 yr disc, and even that has funny lines in it). look at how terrible Thriller looks on all the official dvd's befroe the thriller 25 cd/dvd.

i blame the public... because the number 1's dvd (which was all NON remastered videos) sold so many, that tells sony and others that people don't mind low quality stuff.

I never understood that, how people could watch such rubbish, when all the technology exsisted to fix them videos (and please don't tell me it did not exsist when nearly every film ever made was remastered and on dvd by 2003)... anyway... point over.

I keep my money until I see quality.
And if u want to know

Yer mood is "flirty" ..... I like yer style!... but you can still play with my 'bad' toy which is awesome! :yes:

@markmark11 please don't tell me this is the bad figure on ebay which you think looks like Mj :bugeyed :doh:
4aceb4bd55166_101115b.jpg

4aceb45f4e869_101115b.jpg

oh I have the thriller HOT TOYS action figure....
it's very nice, and actually UNTIL now, hot toys has the most "alike" MJ
figure #fact

anyway, I want it!

[youtube]ghek7WU47Qo[/youtube]

Preview video of it...they show it all around.

Upcoming figure will be........and i am VERY happy about this.

[youtube]Ey3Xuqcb0JA[/youtube]

Wow! As long as the figure can be posed in the lean, I'm buying it!

last night I was thinking whats next from them. I thought Smooth Criminla is possibe (turns out I was right).
But i really thought next could be Dangerous Tour Jam (HIStory statue look) with Mirrored shades (at least that solves the japanese looking eyes he has), and then u can take off jacket and u have underneath the gold startin somthin, Human nature look etc...

I'm pretty anxious to see what the Smooth Criminal one looks like, and how they're going to make it lean, without taking away the joints and movement of a plastic figure...I hope Hot Toys eventually makes an Invincible one, from his TRL appearance, but that's highly unlikely, so the next one I'd like to see is Beat It, from the Victory tour.

Back