New MJ content (Possibility)

lubyss;4317860 said:
I forgot about price of fame, but I can´t see it as an official release, ´cause the song was officialy used as the pepsi promotion, back in the 1987...

No, it wasn't. It was replaced - and no one had heard it until Bad 25 was released. The Pepsi commercial leaked sometime after.

Re: New MJ content?

i love the price of frame. i agree. it really isn't a "new" song. but in my opinion it should have an official release on an album because alot couldn't get the promotion release.

lubyss;4317860 said:
I forgot about price of fame, but I can´t see it as an official release, ´cause the song was officialy used as the pepsi promotion, back in the 1987...

Why not? Billie Jean was released before before being used in a commercial... and the lyrics in the commercial were heavily changed...
(+ as someone mentioned, I think the commercial got cancelled in the end)

i love the price of frame. i agree. it really isn't a "new" song. but in my opinion it should have an official release on an album because alot couldn't get the promotion release.

i take back what i said wow i didn't know the commercial was release after i thought it was release with the song. i guess fans put them together since they found out.

on youtube there two versions. the fan made one with the price of frame and i guess the original one with michael singing the pespi song with the bad melody. i like both even though the price of fame was fan made though i wish fans said it was fan made. still love it though.

lubyss;4317844 said:
If I´ll take in mind, that the newxt album gonna have just another 8 songs (I´m ok with that), my dream tracklist would be:

1) Get Your Weight Off Of Me
2) Monkey Bussines
3) Sunset Driver
4) Cheater
5) Seeing Voices
6) I Was a Loser
7) Throwing Your Life Away
8) We´ve Had Enough

Deluxe version with remixed versions and the demos too... Just like Xscape...

Monkey Business and Seeing Voices are terrible songs that shouldn’t be released.

I think a better track list would be

1) Get Your Weight Off Of Me
2) Hot Fun in The Summertime
3) Price of Fame
4) Chicago 1945
5) Days In Gloucestershire
6) Throwing You Life Away
7) Cheater (Invincible version)
8) We’ve Had Enough

So 6 unreleased songs and 2 already released songs that deserve more recognition.

on youtube there two versions. the fan made one with the price of frame and i guess the original one with michael singing the pespi song with the bad melody. i like both even though the price of fame was fan made though i wish fans said it was fan made. still love it though.

There are so many variations with Bad and Price of Fame that I'm not sure what we're talking about. But in the commercial Price of Fame is also a Pepsi song, not the original lyrics.

I don't think their is any justifiable reason to predict a tracklist right now. Although, here are four songs that could be included. We know that Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins has a few recordings, but we don't know how many other producers the estate may or may not have reached out to.

1. (Can't) Get Your Weight Off Of Me
2. Lovely Way
3. Hot Fun In The Summertime
4. Throwin' Your Life Away ft. The Weeknd

There are so many variations with Bad and Price of Fame that I'm not sure what we're talking about. But in the commercial Price of Fame is also a Pepsi song, not the original lyrics.

Price Of Fame (Pepsi Version)

BAD (Is Cool)

whats the info we got on the "dont matter to me" song?
where did it come from when was it written what era,is the song complete or was there just what we heared on drakes song?

where did it come from when was it written what era,is the song complete or was there just what we heared on drakes song?

It was written by Paul Anka in either 1981 or 1983, recorded by Michael with a simple piano track similar to LNFSG. I'd also like to know, If anymore recorded vocals exist?

It was written by Paul Anka in either 1981 or 1983, recorded by Michael with a simple piano track similar to LNFSG. I'd also like to know, If anymore recorded vocals exist?
was it named that way? or did drake choose the name?
also where is this info coming from?

you're right. i'm confuse myself.

was it named that way? or did drake choose the name?
also where is this info coming from?

"Back in 1983, the Ottawa-born Anka teamed up with Jackson for about a month to work on a planned duets album. Later that year, Jackson went on to release his iconic Thriller and much of their shared material from those sessions remained in the vault.

A few months after Jackson's death in 2009, however, Sony unveiled This Is It, a reworked version of the tune I Never Heard that he'd co-written with Anka.

That fruitful 1983 session also gave birth to Love Never Felt So Good, included on Sony's 2014 album Xscape, a posthumous collection of previously unreleased Michael Jackson music.

Jackson's vocals on the new Drake track come from It Don't Matter to Me, another product of the Anka-MJ partnership."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/anka-drake-dont-matter-to-me-1.4728229

i guess they were pair up together that why fans get confuse.

I'm guessing Price of Fame was the unreleased alternate version that was ultimately shelved in favour of BAD to coincide with the upcoming album and tour promotion.

"Back in 1983, the Ottawa-born Anka teamed up with Jackson for about a month to work on a planned duets album. Later that year, Jackson went on to release his iconic Thriller and much of their shared material from those sessions remained in the vault.

A few months after Jackson's death in 2009, however, Sony unveiled This Is It, a reworked version of the tune I Never Heard that he'd co-written with Anka.

That fruitful 1983 session also gave birth to Love Never Felt So Good, included on Sony's 2014 album Xscape, a posthumous collection of previously unreleased Michael Jackson music.

Jackson's vocals on the new Drake track come from It Don't Matter to Me, another product of the Anka-MJ partnership."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/anka-drake-dont-matter-to-me-1.4728229

huh...thats weird that thats the source...its such a by the way thing to just drop that little bit of info in there without going into details but thank you

THIS WHAT I MEANT when I asked where it came from

I know that! Im talking about us never hearing the demo or seeing it on any unreleased list

sM7ZhkI.jpg

Hold on a second.

i heard a rumour about a single being released on feb.19. its probably not true, but would be interesting to see. feb.19 is a Friday, new music typically drops on Fridays.

Where did you hear this?

^^ I'd like to know this also, however completely baseless it may be. I can't see there being any truth in that. I wish I was wrong.

i saw someone mention it on reddit. they were discussing the same @greatestartists account. i cant find it anymore, but its most likely bs. I remember explicitly them mentioning feb 19 as a release date for a single.

Can you imagine waking up tomorrow and seeing, “New Michael Jackson song released”? That would be amazing. A surprise MJ release would be the best way to go about it in my opinion. Obviously I’m not holding my breath, but still.

EDIT: just came across @marioorellanajr on Twitter, who claims that the first single is a Rodney Jerkins song and that an April release is earmarked for either that single or the album. Just speculation, but this person is a lot more active in fan discussions than @greatestartists is, so... who knows?

i saw someone mention it on reddit. they were discussing the same @greatestartists account. i cant find it anymore, but its most likely bs. I remember explicitly them mentioning feb 19 as a release date for a single.

i never trust it either.....

New tweet:

“5 tracks have been mixed and finalized.

More information will be shared when available.”

Did Alicia get fired? Imagine she’s leaking it All as revenge xD. I really wonder who’s behind the account. The account owner clearly reads the comments and is well versed in the MJ community. For e.g they tweeted about TYLA being used as a feature track and they got a bunch of replies saying stuff like “the leak already sounded complete”, “we want the original too”, and the next tweet mentioned A deluxe version “like Xscape” with all the original demos, almost as if they were responding to some of the aforementioned concerns.

They also slightly hinted at the LN Netflix fiasco, mentioning that there was some difficulty with the Netflix contract negotiations between the estate and Netflix. Maybe they’re just playing off the issue to make it seem more believable? Whoever it is, they have some insight into the fan community or the estates dealings. It is quite interesting nonetheless.

Back