New MJ content (Possibility)

AlwaysThere;4317963 said:
New tweet:

“5 tracks have been mixed and finalized.

More information will be shared when available.”

I'm wondering if it will be an EP then? I know it may seem a little early to call it, but their is no indication that it will be a fully fledged album as it stands.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">5 tracks have been mixed and finalized.<br><br>More information will be shared when available.</p>&mdash; Greatest Artists Of All Time (@greatestartists) <a href="https://twitter.com/greatestartists/status/1362637752072822784?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And also in regards to a possible movie/special with Netflix, facing difficulties.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A contract between the Michael Jackson estate and Netflix was being negotiated and faced some difficulties.</p>&mdash; Greatest Artists Of All Time (@greatestartists) <a href="https://twitter.com/greatestartists/status/1362639793126072322?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"Was" speaking in past tense, is this still in their desire for this to be executed or have they changed the path of this idea?

Re: New MJ content?

I can't deny it...

I am starting to get hyped. I try not to, cause I will just be disappointed, but - I really am starting to think we will get something before summer.

He tagged Rodney Jerkins - so maybe first single will be a Rodney production. - I wouldn't mind that, I think he did good.

I really really hope this is true. - 5 songs ready for release. - That is GREAT !!

I can't deny it...

I am starting to get hyped. I try not to, cause I will just be disappointed, but - I really am starting to think we will get something before summer.

He tagged Rodney Jerkins - so maybe first single will be a Rodney production. - I wouldn't mind that, I think he did good.

I really really hope this is true. - 5 songs ready for release. - That is GREAT !!

I imagine it might have to do with the hidden gems that John McClain was working on with a "top producer" a few years back. If it does turn out to be an EP will you be happy with that? I know I will be if at least four of them are never before heard.

i kinda want to make a twitter acc and make up the narrative like that too ,yall would totally be stocked for the "info" id leak i can be really creative

I can't see the estate just dropping a new song out of nowhere. Most likely there will be some sort of notice/hype beforehand.

I imagine it might have to do with the hidden gems that John McClain was working on with a "top producer" a few years back. If it does turn out to be an EP will you be happy with that? I know I will be if at least four of them are never before heard.

Yes, an EP would be fine IMO. maybe 6 songs - 4 all new, Price of Fame and We've Had Enough - that would be a strong EP.
Then hopefully a deluxe edition with the demo versions. - I know we hardcore fans have TUC and BAD25 so we would already have the demo versions (I would not call WHE a demo though) - but most people will never have heard these versions before, so that would be great.

I just really hope we get new songs this year.

I'd be happy with an EP. Remember there is limit to how many songs they can release overtime.

Yes, an EP would be fine IMO. maybe 6 songs - 4 all new, Price of Fame and We've Had Enough - that would be a strong EP.
Then hopefully a deluxe edition with the demo versions. - I know we hardcore fans have TUC and BAD25 so we would already have the demo versions (I would not call WHE a demo though) - but most people will never have heard these versions before, so that would be great.

I just really hope we get new songs this year.

Basd on that persons initial postings, I assume it'll be something like a Greatest Hits set with some new songs - 2 discs regular; 3 three discs deluxe with original bonus cuts.

what limit is that?

Well, noone knows - maybe even the Estate does not know for sure.

Songs can be everywhere - with people MJ worked with, in different state of completion.

BUT - 100 % vocally finished songs - there are not many full albums left. BUT - 24 songs was considered for Xscape - and they only used 8, so there are still quite a few songs left.

i'm gonna leave this thread. until i hear official news not from the greatest artists twitter account i'm not gonna believe. have fun being hopeful from that account.

Well, noone knows - maybe even the Estate does not know for sure.

Songs can be everywhere - with people MJ worked with, in different state of completion.

BUT - 100 % vocally finished songs - there are not many full albums left. BUT - 24 songs was considered for Xscape - and they only used 8, so there are still quite a few songs left.

From reading between the lines of several statements that were made over the years, I think the estate simply can't use a certain amount of songs due to (co)writer/(co)composer/(co)producers are blocking them.

Last edited:

fuzball you're right. some songs need permission in order for them to be release.

From reading between the lines of several statements that were made over the years, I think the estate simply can't use a certain amount of songs due to (co)writer/(co)composer/(co)producers are blocking them.

i think theres a lot they can do to avoid these "blocks" so i wouldn't be scared about that unless its a cover song like a place with no name and even there im sure there are solutions.

anyways i think as far as new unreleased go its just going to be downhill from here,anything ive heard recently is not really exciting and of quality like tyla and cgyw(i know a lot of people like them but i can see why they werent released) dont find them exiting at all, maybe with different production they might be able to take them up like they did with most of xscape(IMO)

i'm gonna leave this thread. until i hear official news not from the greatest artists twitter account i'm not gonna believe. have fun being hopeful from that account.

I was wondering if they every predicted things that actually happened. But if I understand, it's a recent account.

Then I'm wondering, why did they write "artists" in plural? It's unclear if they're talking about multiple artists or only about MJ.

I doubt they'll do another album again. Before LN they already said that they were going to be releasing singles only. I can imagine them releasing one or two a year, or maybe even less often than that, in order to spread things out.

I doubt they'll do another album again. Before LN they already said that they were going to be releasing singles only. I can imagine them releasing one or two a year, or maybe even less often than that, in order to spread things out.

can you remember where they said that?

i'll be happy with just singles. how LN going doesn't look so good. we probably not gonna get very much while we still alive. ugh.... i'm just gonna enjoy what we have.

can you remember where they said that?

Someone from the estate said it in an article. I don't have the link at hand. They talked about how it's a streaming world and that singles make sense.

With 5 songs apparently being mixed and mastered, will they contain the marketing and promotion until the entire record is ready for release? Its good to know that they have songs completed in time for the Grammy Awards on March 14th, let's see if they attempt to use that platform or simply stick to other routes chosen previously.

It makes me wonder what 2019 would’ve been like had LN not blindsided them. I’m still crushed that the Scooter Braun TII “revival” never happened; that would’ve been outstanding.

Either way, 2021 is ripe for new MJ. I’ve seen more love for him on all corners of the internet than I have in years. Tweets from blue checks, TikToks, music charts, trending topics... even setting aside the 50th anniversary, this is the perfect time for an MJ revival. I think a new album, the Broadway show, and some 4K short film upscales would be the perfect way to celebrate.

AlwaysThere;4318080 said:
It makes me wonder what 2019 would&#8217;ve been like had LN not blindsided them. I&#8217;m still crushed that the Scooter Braun TII &#8220;revival&#8221; never happened; that would&#8217;ve been outstanding.

Could you please shed more light onto this Scotter Braun This Is It Revival? I had never heard anything about it before.

Nite Line;4318081 said:
Could you please shed more light onto this Scotter Braun This Is It Revival? I had never heard anything about it before.

In late 2018, Scooter Braun (who manages Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande, for those who don’t know) entered preliminary discussions to stage a live televised production of This Is It with the original dancers and band members, to commemorate the ten-year anniversary of MJ’s death. Once LN was announced in January 2019, no investor would go near it, and it died in the water.

It was mentioned in an article discussing LN’s impact on the ten year anniversary — I think by Variety? I can’t find it at the moment. But it sounded like an amazing idea, then LN struck and ruined it.

i believe we were gonna get something for 2019 until LN came. ugh. screw you wade, james, and dan.

Back