New MJ content (Possibility)

An MJ biopic sounds like an absolute disaster in the making. But if the Estate gave the green light to use his music, at least we know it won’t be inherently negative. Still, can’t say I’m excited to see what becomes of it.

Re: New MJ content?

I don't personally see how it could be done well in one film. I would expect any attempt to do a queen style film about MJ to be mediocre at best.

AlwaysThere;4319333 said:
An MJ biopic sounds like an absolute disaster in the making. But if the Estate gave the green light to use his music, at least we know it won’t be inherently negative. Still, can’t say I’m excited to see what becomes of it.

They already did it with navi

I believe that if the guys behind Queens BR do this and put as much or more energy into what they did with that coupled with Michael's Music it will be a sure fire box office hit.
Look at the way that was filmed etc, it oozes class!
This will be no Navi film.

Maybe this coupled with the singles the estate could potentially be releasing could be a huge start to the 50th year celebrations that Michael so dearly deserves!

I believe that if the guys behind Queens BR do this and put as much or more energy into what they did with that coupled with Michael's Music it will be a sure fire box office hit.
Look at the way that was filmed etc, it oozes class!
This will be no Navi film.

I know right? It's beautiful, from the re-creation of the old Wembley stadium to the montage of live performances etc. I love it! Michael deserves something like this, I don't desire it as much as I do his authentic live performances in high definition but I suppose from a business stand point it would be a no brainer due to the success of Bo Rhap... And the fact its coming from the same team and boasts a very successful writer, I can imagine it being a positive foot note in Michael's future growth as an icon and a true Historical figure.

I gotta be honest.
I'd love a "bohemian rhapsody quality" biopic. But my biggest question is: Who will be in the role of MJ ?
Problem is: Michael looks so unique that kinda no one can play him...
I am even thinking of if it's best to get an impersonator and then deepfaking MJs face... haha :D

I gotta be honest.
I'd love a "bohemian rhapsody quality" biopic. But my biggest question is: Who will be in the role of MJ ?
Problem is: Michael looks so unique that kinda no one can play him...
I am even thinking of if it's best to get an impersonator and then deepfaking MJs face... haha :D

Agreed. It would be nearly impossible. However, someone did try to fix the awful hologram with deepfakes. Nothing can be done with the sub par dancing though...

I was of course joking when I mentioned Michael Trapson, but he feels less "uncanny" than the hologram and that most other actors.

Now, there has been some progress made at bringing back actors from the pas... Thinking o Star Wars. Though ... some "fans" did better than the official thing...

What is the consensus of Rami Malek playing Michael? Do you know that he said he would love to play him after Freddie. Dont think of the fact he does not look like him would expect the wardrobe can do amazing transformations! For me I think he will have to be played by numerous people but what about Adult and older Michael? I do think that Rami would give Michael so much respect in playing him.
I am just wanting some news officially now or ar least some more info from the twitter account.
Possible Grammys??

I must say, since MJ's appearance changed so much - it will be impossible for 1 person to play MJ at 1978-1985 and 1986-??
Since vitiligo, surgery etc. changed MJ's appearance so much - it would be very difficult to make a movie. - 2 different actors would be crazy.
MJ's story is so uniq, so absolutely incredible - but many things makes a biopic about MJ nearly impossible to make so it is realistic and good.

What is the consensus of Rami Malek playing Michael? Do you know that he said he would love to play him after Freddie. Dont think of the fact he does not look like him would expect the wardrobe can do amazing transformations! For me I think he will have to be played by numerous people but what about Adult and older Michael? I do think that Rami would give Michael so much respect in playing him.
I am just wanting some news officially now or ar least some more info from the twitter account.
Possible Grammys??

Katherine gave the green light to go after Rami according to Express back in January of 2019... Don't take any of this with certainty as it is a journalism based proprietor in the UK after all... - https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity...bohemian-rhapsody-queen-michael-jackson-movie

As a side note I don't think the early years would need to be re done as we have American Dream which is a great watch. Although their are a couple of actors who could pull of the Off The Wall appearance...

Last edited:

@Zakk: Thank you. Now I'm visualizing a much too hairy Michael.:coockoo:

I get the sarcasm, but unless you look as close to OTW Mike as this guy would with a clean shave/make up etc. then I doubt it.

.....I AM DEAD ASS SERIOUS! I was NOT being sarcastic!

The film would have to focus on a specific part of MJs life.

AlwaysThere;4319333 said:

It can't be negative if the Estate doesn't allow them. I hope Estate is very involved and don't let them do what they want.

MJ biopic should be split in two parts. First part should focus on his life and career from 1958 - 1984. If this first part of the biopic is handled properly and is a success, then the focus should turn to the more controversial period of Michael’s life and career, 1985 - 2009. This second part will obviously deal with the more controversial aspects such as the allegations, changing skin colour, drug addiction etc.

I don’t want a MJ biopic that tells Michael’s entire story in one. His life story is too complex that you will need at least two or three parts to tell his complete story and do it justice.

^^ That would be a good direction to follow. But for me, I'd like to see them beginning with the evolution and the structure behind the making of Thriller and Michael's strive to make it the biggest selling album of all time. Following from then on his various HIStorical achievements, covering the mania and excitement/uproar of the fans... The hysteria, the love, telling the truth.. I know its a tough subject but showing how people betrayed his trust, and to always be a warrior as his mother taught him.. Michael's story is inspiring, compelling, heartfelt, tragic and a success all rolled into one.. I can understand why its difficult to make it right as people will rush to pick it apart.. However you make it...

Back