New MJ content (Possibility)

Re: New MJ content?

New tweet from the account :

"Discussions about a 50th-anniversary tribute special, possibly with Netflix.

Unconfirmed."

Not true. Similarly, Scooter Braun was going to recreate the This is It concert for his 10th passing anniversary but cancelled due to LN.

Even if it was true (which in all likelihood it isn't), "tribute special" is incredibly vague. I would be open to it depending on what the context was. If it was a Journey to Off the Wall style documentary though, absolutely not.

Can't we just report that account to the estate and make sure it's getting deleted?

I doubt it. They aren't doing anything harmful; they're just spreading rumors.

If anything, if the Estate got the account taken down, that would indicate that the rumors are accurate.

Even if it was true (which in all likelihood it isn't), "tribute special" is incredibly vague. I would be open to it depending on what the context was. If it was a Journey to Off the Wall style documentary though, absolutely not.

That doc and release was awful lol.

Hummm...did l miss something?
Maan l was waaay tooo loong outta mj forims

That doc and release was awful lol.

Honestly, if the Estate treated Off the Wall like any other low publicity reissue (minus the Godawful chalk lol), it would've been fine in my opinion. The cover art showing Michael head to toe is fantastic (it's my favorite of the various covers we've gotten over the years), and the booklet is well put together. Nothing great, but it would've been a nice product for newcomers or fans who like to collect the various versions of each album.

The documentary is irredeemable though. It's basically, "Listen to Questlove and his celebrity friends talk about Michael Jackson for two hours, with special guest appearances by people who actually knew him." The drop in quality between Bad 25 and Journey from Motown to Off the Wall is ridiculous.

Honestly, if the Estate treated Off the Wall like any other low publicity reissue (minus the Godawful chalk lol), it would've been fine in my opinion. The cover art showing Michael head to toe is fantastic (it's my favorite of the various covers we've gotten over the years), and the booklet is well put together. Nothing great, but it would've been a nice product for newcomers or fans who like to collect the various versions of each album.

The documentary is irredeemable though. It's basically, "Listen to Questlove and his celebrity friends talk about Michael Jackson for two hours, with special guest appearances by people who actually knew him." The drop in quality between Bad 25 and Journey from Motown to Off the Wall is ridiculous.

Whilst I didn't think B25 was perfect, it at least had some awesome stuff in there. The OTW doc was basically B25 without anything compelling.

Whilst I didn't think B25 was perfect, it at least had some awesome stuff in there. The OTW doc was basically B25 without anything compelling.
They should of really added a Jacksons concert or even a remastered Live album to go with it. Comparing B25 to this in terms of what we got it's not even close.
OTW is considered by some to be MJs best album so I can understand the frustration.

New Content?

I am surprised that no one is talking about new uploads on Michael Jackson channel.

The Video:

Is the uploads are regarding the 50th anniversary of Michael's solo career, If so why they are not being announced as they uploaded?

Re: New Content?

I am surprised that no one is talking about new uploads on Michael Jackson channel.

The Video:

Is the uploads are regarding the 50th anniversary of Michael's solo career, If so why they are not being announced as they uploaded?

That is auto generated by YouTube. Wasn't actually uploaded by The Estate.

That is auto generated by YouTube. Wasn't actually uploaded by The Estate.

There are so many bootlegs on his YouTube channel, that Manila one is even still on Spotify. Can whoever runs these accounts really do nothing about it? Or are they just okay with them being available?

There are so many bootlegs on his YouTube channel, that Manila one is even still on Spotify. Can whoever runs these accounts really do nothing about it? Or are they just okay with them being available?

That's very sad. seriously this estate needs more staff.

Don't forget that the videos are monetized, means they are generating revenue.

New tweet from the account :

"There will be a deluxe edition with original demos like 2014's 'XSCAPE'."

BS till proven otherwise.

Mostly complete TYLA having a pitbull rap on it, believable :D

I really really do hope this account has some kind of inside info.

A deluxe edition with the original demoes/versions as MJ left them would be great. - Really hope that is true.

And I hope so very much we will get new music this year. :)

BUT - this account has not provided one single piece of evidence that it is trustworthy, so as for now - I will think this is just BS... I will not get my hopes up, just to be disappointed.

This is the most pivotal milestone in Michael's career, FIFTY years since the release of his first solo single. A milestone in music. If Michael were still here I'm sure their would have been something.. To me, if a wish could be granted I would say... An EP of unreleased/unleaked songs, BAD Tour 88' in UHD and a celebration live stream performance similar to the opening of the 30th Anniversary shows...

Last edited:

Again BS till proven otherwise, if true though they must have spent a lot of money on re editing the film captured elements. The BAD Tour would be cheaper let me tell ya.

Zakk;4315600 said:
Again BS till proven otherwise, if true though they must have spent a lot of money on re editing the film captured elements. The BAD Tour would be cheaper let me tell ya.

Perhaps so, but issuing Michael’s short films in 4K is more important and more sensible. After nearly 11 years, it’s long overdue.

Back