New MJ content (Possibility)

The Weeknd clearly tries to copy Michael Jackson, both in terms of vocals/instruments and dancing.

‘I Feel It Coming’ is one example: when The Weeknd released it four years ago (in 2016) many Michael Jackson’s fans mistook it for a new, posthumous Michael Jackson song.

The Weeknd needs to find his own style, rather than trying to capitalize on his idol's style.

Getting inspired by your idol and blatantly trying to copy your idol for your own advantage are two different things.

mj_frenzy;4312882 said:
The Weeknd clearly tries to copy Michael Jackson, both in terms of vocals/instruments and dancing.

‘I Feel It Coming’ is one example: when The Weeknd released it four years ago (in 2016) many Michael Jackson’s fans mistook it for a new, posthumous Michael Jackson song.

The Weeknd needs to find his own style, rather than trying to capitalize on his idol's style.

Getting inspired by your idol and blatantly trying to copy your idol for your own advantage are two different things.

You're exaggerating badly.

In the "I Feel It Coming" video, there are two little MJ'esk VISUAL homages to Michael.
The militaria style jacket and the Billie-Jean-video-like triple splitscreen at one point. That's it.
No MJ-trademark moves (he hardly dances)... and his voice and singing style doesn't sound anything like Michael.

The music production by Daft Punk clearly tries to emulate the 70s, as others of their productions did as well at that time.

If someone is obsessed with the number 23, he'll see it everywhere. But still that doesn't mean it makes any sense. Same goes for fans who, for whatever reason, might lack the listening experience to hear anything but Michael Jackson references.

So I think calling that Weeknd song "blatantly trying to copy Michael Jackson" / "captitalizing on his idol" etc is rather enormously blatant nonsense.

Last edited:
Re: New MJ content?

While I wouldn't say that The Weeknd regularly goes out of his way to copy/capitalize upon/imitate Michael, I would argue that he goes out of his way to pay homage (if that's how you'd like to phrase it) more often than most artists would. Sometimes it isn't even his fault; he'll just drop a song or video and people will find ways to link it to Michael, whether or not it makes sense. For example:

• "Can't Feel My Face" is an obvious Michael Jackson tribute, from the vocal delivery to the dance moves in the latter third of the music video.
  • "I Feel it Coming," besides being a clear-cut '80s nostalgia trip, features three of Michael's former musicians (John Robinson on drums, Nathan East on bass, Paul Jackson Jr. on guitar). If The Weeknd wasn't looking to duplicate the Off the Wall/Thriller aesthetic, it's one hell of a coincidence that he just so happened to select three men who were responsible for much of those albums.
  • As someone else already pointed out, the "I Feel it Coming" video references the militaria jacket and "Billie Jean" split-screen.
  • When "Don't Matter to Me" first dropped, there was widespread speculation that the Michael Jackson feature was a ruse, and it was actually The Weeknd singing.
That's not even to mention that The Weeknd once said that Michael meant so much to him that "you're going to hear it in [his] music," and earlier this year went on to slam the constant comparisons.

In my opinion, it seems like The Weeknd learned to sing by imitating Michael, and those inflections and tonalities just wound up cementing themselves in his voice. He's not a dead ringer for the King of Pop, but there are similarities to be found (at least in his early work).

mj_frenzy;4312882 said:

You really are exaggerating right now. Just because you don’t like his music, style or image doesn’t mean he has trying to copy Michael. The Weeknd gave so many credits to Michael. He LOVES him. Paying homage doesn’t mean he is trying to mimic or copying Michael. Stop being a hypocrite. Because when Beyonce was wearing an MJ inspired jacket during her Superbowl performance no one was complaining. Everyone was rooting for her Beyonce because she was paying homage to Michael. Why aren’t you seeing this as an act or copying? If the Weeknd does it, its bad, if Beyonce does it, its good.

believe it or not you got some Beyonce fans who can't stand MJ. we all have own opinions about different artists. the only thing that's bothers me that some people hate on artists and don't look up information about them to make an opinion.

i wouldn't call myself a Beyonce fan but i do like some of her music mostly her older stuff. but Michael did like her and jay z.

I have actually never been a big fan of duets - they are often the weakest songs on the album

The Girl is Mine
Just Good Friends
I just can't stop loving you - propably my favorite duet.
State of Shock
Hold My Hand
There must be more to life than this - This has great potential, but the version released by Queen did not do the song justice.

- What I'm trying to say is, I would prefer a SOLO MJ song.

I guess we can call this an opinion discussion thread now because we don't know what the estate will release or will they listen to us. i doubt it.

Last edited:

No MJ-trademark moves (he hardly dances)... and his voice and singing style doesn't sound anything like Michael.

He actually does the Billie Jean shuffle a lot, I love it. Means he cares a lot about Michael.

Well, I don´t listen to new artist I don´t know... I have my artists and I listen to them, don´t listen to the radio or anything, but when I find a gem I open my treasure chest and give the artisst a chance... like Billie Eilish (I heard bad guy just 3 months ago.... :D I know lol... ) downloaded the whole discography and love every track...

With Weeknd, I never heard any song from him, except one last week... it was In the night and it is brilliant... Like new Dirty Diana and there sre definatelly some MJ vibes... but the other songs... I don´t like them..

New tweets from the account -GreatestArtistsOfAllTime-, which is responsible for this thread, from dec 20th:

• „Final vocal was recorded.“ (reg. the Feature-Track)

&

• „ "Throwing Your Life Away" will likely feature a guest artist.
The track "Hot Fun In The Summer Time" reworked in 2014 and again in 2020 will be included.“

Hmm, I wonder if this is legit or just attention the user wants.

I do hope it is true. Throwing Your Life Away and Hot Fun in the Summer Time is interesting.

When did Michael record Hot Fun in the summertime? With all this info and hype it would really hurt if nothing materializes.

Hess;4313615 said:
Hmm, I wonder if this is legit or just attention the user wants.

I do hope it is true. Throwing Your Life Away and Hot Fun in the Summer Time is interesting.

I understand those who are sceptic. And I‘m also not 100% sold.

But the way he/she is relying that information
-matter of fact way
-without drumming up attention
-without teasing new bits of information beforehand, simply coming out with them
-& the kind of information that is relied is is giving me the impression that there is SOMETHING going on

Interesting but I'm still skeptical as this info is only coming from 1 source. Both of these tracks have been talked about for years too.
MJJuniorSinceMW;4313613 said:
New tweets from the account -GreatestArtistsOfAllTime-, which is responsible for this thread, from dec 20th:

• „Final vocal was recorded.“ (reg. the Feature-Track)

&

• „ "Throwing Your Life Away" will likely feature a guest artist.
The track "Hot Fun In The Summer Time" reworked in 2014 and again in 2020 will be included.“

The version of TYLA that leaked sounds pretty good to me, I don't know if they're insisting on releasing posthumous duets or if these are going to be bonus' or some sorta remix for the album.... Pretty doubtful information but I guess anythings possible. I wouldn't personally get my hopes up though if I'm honest.

This is all bogus. It started with a bogus picture and the rest is random bogus associations (eg "Larrabee" known for the recording of the DANGEROUS album / Mary J. Blige & D'Angelo known for having worked on "Hot Fun In The Summertime when approached by the Estate long ago) with no substantial credible info tidbit.

MJJuniorSinceMW;4313618 said:
I understand those who are sceptic. And I‘m also not 100% sold.

But the way he/she is relying that information
-matter of fact way
-without drumming up attention
-without teasing new bits of information beforehand, simply coming out with them
-& the kind of information that is relied is is giving me the impression that there is SOMETHING going on
Has this "source" given us any form of credibility or/and proof earlier? I have seen none and calling it a bluff unfortunately

These people show up making accounts like this with neverending teasing false information because both they and us are starving for new MJ material

i find it kind of lame for someone to make an account with made up MJ songs releases etc. we all want new item but to do this is lame and childish. some people got too much time on their hands since this virus came around. can't wait when it's better so people like this can have lives.

New music is released on Friday’s generally. This Friday is Christmas that’s our best shot at a surprise new release 😂 wishing

A New Year's Day drop would also be welcome. Starting the year off with new MJ? Yes please.

Smooth72;4313645 said:
New music is released on Friday’s generally. This Friday is Christmas that’s our best shot at a surprise new release �� wishing

I wish

New tweet from the account :

"Discussions about a 50th-anniversary tribute special, possibly with Netflix.

Unconfirmed."

"Hot Fun in the Summertime" was recorded during the Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad or Dangerous sessions. The cover sounds like soul and Minneapolis sound music combined. It was recorded in 1983.

Last edited:

Unconfirmed."

Tribute special, bulls**t. Other artists performing and or discussing his work is needless and doesn't need to be seen time after time. Someone should email the estate regarding this account, fact or fiction it don't matter.

Last edited:

Imo this is the only documentary that is needed, with people discussing Michael's work.

I'm calling BS on this account now..

Unconfirmed."

Back