New MJ content (Possibility)

IMWhizzle;4316436 said:
Doesn’t look to legit to me. Too much songs for a 15 min timeframe even if he would do a medley.

I read on İnstagram that the show is going to be around 20 minutes. Not sure if it’s true tho. There is no source.

IMWhizzle;4316436 said:
Doesn’t look to legit to me. Too much songs for a 15 min timeframe even if he would do a medley.

Actually, it's the tracklist taken from his greatest hits compilation, that will be released after Superbowl. But still, we don't have any proof that anything related to MJ will ever happen during halftime show. I mean, even for Scream compilation, we had more clues and speculation than now. But I would like to be wrong though, it's been 7 years since Xscape

dam2040;4316430 said:
MJ Estate are held to an impossible standard. Nothing they ever do will be good enough, but in saying that, they *really* don’t help themselves.

The arrogance in that self published Q&A was straight up embarrassing.

I really don't see how they are? I see people saying this all the time and yet fans really aren't asking much more from them than the stuff they should already be doing. Compare to literally anyone else (because they don't exist in a bubble) and you can see how it should be done. Also I'm not talking about Prince as that comparison is pointless. I agree that they do not help themselves, but I think that is just the way they are, not them giving a bad impression.

Edit: I'm also not talking about massive box sets with lots of tracks etc.

Last edited:
IMWhizzle;4316436 said:
He has 24 mins

dam2040;4316453 said:
He has 24 mins

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Billboard corrects the story and reports that The Weeknd's presentation on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SuperBowl?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SuperBowl</a> will be about 12-13 minutes long. <a href="https://t.co/bzJNBUK05C">pic.twitter.com/bzJNBUK05C</a></p>&mdash; The Weeknd News (@NewsWeeknd) <a href="https://twitter.com/NewsWeeknd/status/1354951042925015043?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 29, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Apparently not. :(

Re: New MJ content?

Uh, I don't want to get anyone excited but John Branca has done an interview saying he doesn't agree with hologram tours, but more importantly something that might legitimise at least some of the claims this Twitter account is putting out.

dam2040;4316456 said:
And the twitter account said MJ Estate are making a film here: https://twitter.com/greatestartists/status/1321176152002727938
Is this Twitter account even a reliable source? Their bio is empty, they&#8217;re not following any other accounts, and even more bizarre, their pinned tweet is &#8220;Michael Jackson.&#8221; I understand the potential importance of anonymity here, but I can see why one would find it hard to trust as cryptic of a source as this account.

Serious Effect;4316457 said:
Is this Twitter account even a reliable source? Their bio is empty, they&#8217;re not following any other accounts, and even more bizarre, their pinned tweet is &#8220;Michael Jackson.&#8221; I understand the potential importance of anonymity here, but I can see why one would find it hard to trust as cryptic of a source as this account.

Oh yes, absolutely. But, no one knew of, or spoke of, this "film" before this account and it has seemingly been confirmed by the recent Branca interview.

It might be coincidence. It might not mean anything. It's just interesting.

Post above has crashed and won't load embeds/rest of the post so here:

Here:

It says Branca is producing various Michael Jackson ventures, including a musical and a film.

And the twitter account said MJ Estate are making a film here: https://twitter.com/greatestartists/status/1321176152002727938

The musical is 'MJ' which is already confirmed, not sure on the film though? Could be a documentary done for the 50th anniversary, who knows? Obviously he wouldn't have mentioned new music as that would have given the game away. "Various Projects" is similar to what he has said in the past. We can only wait and see of course.

The musical is 'MJ' which is already confirmed, not sure on the film though? Could be a documentary done for the 50th anniversary, who knows? Obviously he wouldn't have mentioned new music as that would have given the game away. "Various Projects" is similar to what he has said in the past. We can only wait and see of course.

Exactly - we knew about the musical. No one - other than this Twitter account has ever mentioned a film. It's just interesting.

Exactly - we knew about the musical. No one - other than this Twitter account has ever mentioned a film. It's just interesting.

It is interesting, and a film could mean anything... The twitter user says "Promotional Film" so to promote something, as part of a promotional campaign? That's why I connect it to the 50th anniversary although I could be wrong. I'm just hoping that they haven't changed or set the course to create a documentary rather than a few new items, similar to what The Jackson's were planning to do in 2017.

Last edited:
dam2040;4316458 said:
Oh yes, absolutely. But, no one knew of, or spoke of, this "film" before this account and it has seemingly been confirmed by the recent Branca interview.

It might be coincidence. It might not mean anything. It's just interesting.
I personally see it as a coincidence, but I also see sense behind your thought process.

Zakk;4316461 said:
It is interesting, and a film could me anything... The twitter user says "Promotional Film" so to promote something, as part of a promotional campaign? That's why I connect it to the 50th anniversary although I could be wrong..
Well, this year does mark two decades after the release of the Invincible album. Could this film possibly be related to that mark? I mean, all of Michael’s solo albums have been promoted in some way in recent years besides Invincible, so would it make sense?

Serious Effect;4316462 said:
Well, this year does mark two decades after the release of the Invincible album. Could this film possibly be related to that mark? I mean, all of Michael&#8217;s solo albums have been promoted in some way in recent years besides Invincible, so would it make sense?

Invincible is underrated, the way Sony treated Michael during this point of his career was dreadful. So in my opinion it deserves something, I just don't see too many things happening in one year. The user also says that it's not directly connected to the release of new music, so I may be wrong of course.

Just for fun, and my personal curiosity... What would you want to see released as part of an as of now "Mystical" 50th Anniversary Celebration?

Myself: 'Michael Jackson: Gold' (I know their is a Motown Product with the same title but it does nothing justice).

2 CD/1 Blu-Ray Deluxe Box Set Including but not limited to:- The Golden Films (also to be sold separately), new state of the art 4K Restoration from the original 16/35mm Negatives. Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, Bad, The Way You Make Me Feel, Speed Demon, Dirty Diana, Smooth Criminal, Come Together, Leave Me Alone, Black Or White, Remember The Time, In The Closet, Jam, Give In To Me, Who Is It, Scream, You Are Not Alone, Earth Song, TDCAU, Stranger In Moscow, Blood On The Dance floor, Ghosts, You Rock My World.

The first CD to include these songs (Will probably take 2 CD's I know but this is just a summary), 2nd CD Previously Unreleased recordings (Also to be sold separately).

And as part of the 50th anniversary celebrations a brand new documentary film featuring never before seen footage of Michael, Interviews with those who knew/worked with him, celebrity fans and members of The Jackson family.

Not overly optimistic which is the key here, rumours have been rife about the short films in 4K, as have the rumours about a new album. And a promotional film/tribute special "Possibly with Netflix" according to the Twitter user. And has also recently been mentioned by John Branca.

Last edited:

The only thing I can see being released is maybe a new best of with a new track that's probably an 80s outtake that's been butchered and modernised by someone.

I'd love to see MJs biggest videos in 4K on Youtube first. I'm talking the 3 big ones from Thriller. Bad, Smooth Criminal and The Way You Make Me Feel.

Use this as a base. From there we could slowly get more of MJs videos in a higher quality.

I'd love to see MJs biggest videos in 4K on Youtube first. I'm talking the 3 big ones from Thriller. Bad, Smooth Criminal and The Way You Make Me Feel.

Use this as a base. From there we could slowly get more of MJs videos in a higher quality.

The fact that Thriller & BAD were both registered with an intent to use on the same day last year may make this a possibility.

Probably promotional film for the Broadway show.

The Weeknd rumour is BS folks. Nothing is happening.
dethorro;4316454 said:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Billboard corrects the story and reports that The Weeknd's presentation on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SuperBowl?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SuperBowl</a> will be about 12-13 minutes long. <a href="https://t.co/bzJNBUK05C">pic.twitter.com/bzJNBUK05C</a></p>— The Weeknd News (@NewsWeeknd) <a href="https://twitter.com/NewsWeeknd/status/1354951042925015043?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 29, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Apparently not. :(

we still listening to that twitter account.....

whatever we getting i'll be happy. if we even get anything.

well john just said we will never get a Michael hologram so that's out of question and the stuff is going to Michael kids.

can someone tell me the thing between michael and john? i know michael fired him was it him not be professional enough or was something else we don't know about behind close doors?

I love holograms! We hope we will get the first African American MJ hologram as well as new material. We are so proud of him. He would have liked it.

Last edited:
Back