New MJ content (Possibility)

kind of less excited about this realising it’s probably the weeknd ft mj with probably barely any mj vocals like the drake one. I hope there’s more to come ….

kind of less excited about this realising it’s probably the weeknd ft mj with probably barely any mj vocals like the drake one. I hope there’s more to come ….
The Weeknd is an incredible artist and he has never had anything less than love and respect for Michael. I think this could be great, if true...

I feel, The Weeknd will do MJ justice with the vocals, if it does come out. He will respect MJ, unlike Drake with the vocals. I think the Weeknd probably put some hard work into the song, instead of just slapping a vox on the track. He probably recorded at Westlake too, to pay some respect to MJ, and the recording crew. If this is true, the track will be #1, and it won't be a slept on track, like Drake's. He has tons of respect for MJ.

Im not talking about anything to do with respect for MJ im talking about how as an MJ fan i just want to hear mostly mjs voice only

Im not talking about anything to do with respect for MJ im talking about how as an MJ fan i just want to hear mostly mjs voice only
Then I feel this will be a duet. Michael would be duetting with different parts of the song. I think he would put Mike all over the song. (if true)

I think it will be more like Say Say Say or Scream, songs that are more of a collaboration with both artists getting equal amount of time on the song.

And even though I am not a Weeknd fan, he is a great vocalist unlike overrated boring Drake. I also don't think he will butcher MJ's vocals with excessive auto tuning like Drake did, so this song will be much better than Don't Matter To Me, in my opinion.

Apparently Sony and MJE aren’t on good terms since the ATV acquisition. MJE heavily considered Universal at one point for the contract.

Sony want Thriller 40 but the Estate aren’t giving them much to work with.

The next project is the musical.

All I know - I will give a name if I can for this information. They’re a well known fan connection - I think they’ve written books on MJ.
There is really no need for Thriller 40, and I say that as someone who is a massive fan of the album. The next anniversary project for Thriller should be in 2032 for Thriller 50.

Reactions: MJ5
I am getting excited. Hope the collaboration between Weeknd and MJ is a song that we have never heard of, even though I have a feeling it will be either Starlight (Thriller demo) or Throwing Your Life Away.

I forgot that it will be Thriller 40th anniversary next year. I hope they release something. Maybe a re-release with bonus Blu-ray that has Thriller in HD and the making-of documentary. Maybe all the Thriller era short films in HD.
That sounds great. And it's about dang time we get some HD short films, just like other artists and bands that have gotten their music videos upscaled to 4K.

If The Weeknd features MJ on a song then the Estate will make damn sure it's The Weeknd & Michael Jackson instead of The Weeknd featuring Michael Jackson. They did it with Drake's song, it says Don't Matter To Me (with Michael Jackson) and not (feat. Michael Jackson).

That sounds great. And it's about dang time we get some HD short films, just like other artists and bands that have gotten their music videos upscaled to 4K.
No one wants to see crappy upscales, they should rescan the original negatives in native 4K. If done right, it'll look like it was shot today. See Wham's Last Christmas MV or Mariah Carey's Fantasy MV for reference. You can even see that the difference is night and day if you compare the "4K" upscales of Thriller and the trailer for Thriller 3D where they rescanned the original film.

I feel, The Weeknd will do MJ justice with the vocals, if it does come out. He will respect MJ, unlike Drake with the vocals. I think the Weeknd probably put some hard work into the song, instead of just slapping a vox on the track. He probably recorded at Westlake too, to pay some respect to MJ, and the recording crew. If this is true, the track will be #1, and it won't be a slept on track, like Drake's. He has tons of respect for MJ.
Th
If The Weeknd features MJ on a song then the Estate will make damn sure it's The Weeknd & Michael Jackson instead of The Weeknd featuring Michael Jackson. They did it with Drake's song, it says Don't Matter To Me (with Michael Jackson) and not (feat. Michael Jackson).

No one wants to see crappy upscales, they should rescan the original negatives in native 4K. If done right, it'll look like it was shot today. See Wham's Last Christmas MV or Mariah Carey's Fantasy MV for reference. You can even see that the difference is night and day if you compare the "4K" upscales of Thriller and the trailer for Thriller 3D where they rescanned the original film.
That's what I meant by upscale, dude, everyone knows that film is the only thing that can look like true 4K.

Okay, this is 100% happening. The Weeknd and his producers are all talking about MJ with no provocation, at the same time, in increasing amounts? Unless this is an elaborate prank, there’s a collab coming.

i bet if theres a good music video its going to be a really good one. Because the weeknd music videos are good. It'll be better than justin timberlake jumping around a screen. the whole thing of renacting mj music videos or cutting the footage of is getting old. just want something unique shouldnt even show mj

i bet if theres a good music video its going to be a really good one. Because the weeknd music videos are good. It'll be better than justin timberlake jumping around a screen. the whole thing of renacting mj music videos or cutting the footage of is getting old. just want something unique shouldnt even show mj
There is tons of unreleased MJ video footage. I hope they use that for a music video instead of some tribute dancers imitating his dance moves.

Not going to lie, I sort of expected iHeartradio to drop it now after The Weeknd tweet

I liked the video for LNFSG, but then, I also like JT. In fact, I think all of the posthumous music videos have been wonderful - nothing like the kind of videos he made himself, when he was here, of course, but very good nonetheless. Both videos for BTM were innovative, technically very cool and interesting - heartwarming and respectful to Michael, as were the videos for Hollywood Tonight and Hold My Hand. IMHO.

I think most of the posthumous videos have been decent, but they’ve also left a lot to be desired. “Behind the Mask” was the only one that really struck me as downright phenomenal (which is why I’m stunned that the MJE held it back for years).

I just hope they stop doing MJ-esque choreography. They all do the exact same thing with the exact same moves. Do something normal and incorporate some MJ moves here and there.

I admit it'll be rather strange if they're all just posting mj at the same time for no reason but I'm also not expecting anything at the same time lol.

I admit it'll be rather strange if they're all just posting mj at the same time for no reason but I'm also not expecting anything at the same time lol.

Part of me worries now this is almost too obvious because they post so often.

Back