New Official "Say Say Say" Remix Coming October 2015

tumblr_n7uhtcEcQS1s0ndeqo1_1280.jpg

Steve and his band Toto came to work with Michael through Quincy Jones. Michael didn’t have his own band, so he often used Toto musicians as his session musicians. Porcaro remembers being present on “The Girl Is Mine” recording sessions with MJ, Paul McCartney and Paul’s huge entourage – his wife, managers and assistants – that followed him everywhere. He remembers how, on his way out, Paul managed to escape all these people for a few quick minutes and sneak back in the studio where he enjoyed hanging out with the musicians.

^okay Paul just looks right down scary there .......justsayin....

HIStoric;4106849 said:
That's why you buy it straight from Paul McCartney's people and cut off almost half the price :p

CD+DVD+BOOK
Amazon UK - £73/$110USD
Official Website - ~£43/$64.98USD

That is a better deal - even when you add on the postage at a further £5-9. Nevertheless it shows as 'out of stock' at Paul's site. Perhaps this is why Amazon are asking for more...

^okay Paul just looks right down scary there .......justsayin....

I've been playing "Thriller" lately, I guess with Halloween fast approaching, the picture made me think of this time capsule of when "Thriller" was being produced and there is Paul and Linda McCartney, along with Michael and Quincy Jones altogether, as HIStory is being made 'for all time'!

tumblr_n7uhtcEcQS1s0ndeqo2_1280.jpg

ChrisC;4107026 said:
That is a better deal - even when you add on the postage at a further £5-9. Nevertheless it shows as 'out of stock' at Paul's site. Perhaps this is why Amazon are asking for more...

Is it? I don't see any indication that the CD+DVD+Book is outta stock. I added it to a cart but it hasn't told me anything on the product page or checkout page yet.

AliCat;4107027 said:
I've been playing "Thriller" lately, I guess with Halloween fast approaching

Jesus time flies... doesn't feel like long ago I was walking home from last year's Halloween party dressed up as Thriller MJ (jacket and all) with people yelling "YO MICHAEL JACKSON!!" out of their car as they drove past :p

Like I know I say this every year but 2015 has gone really fast!

Is it? I don't see any indication that the CD+DVD+Book is outta stock. I added it to a cart but it hasn't told me anything on the product page or checkout page yet.

Aha! I solved it. It's out of stock at the UK store. It's in stock at the US store. Shipping to the UK from the US shop bumps the price WAY up to $120. And then any goods imported into the European Union have a VAT charge slapped on them making it jump up even further to approx. $156! That explains the difference in price between Amazon and Paul's official store. It must be strictly limited.

Beautiful, I'll pick this up along with Janet Jacksons new album in October. Remastered editions of classic 80s albums and any MJ material along with guest appearances is always accepted!

Shipping to the UK from the US shop bumps the price WAY up to $120. And then any goods imported into the European Union have a VAT charge slapped on them making it jump up even further to approx. $156!

Booooooooooo!!!

I've been playing "Thriller" lately, I guess with Halloween fast approaching, the picture made me think of this time capsule of when "Thriller" was being produced and there is Paul and Linda McCartney, along with Michael and Quincy Jones altogether, as HIStory is being made 'for all time'!

tumblr_n7uhtcEcQS1s0ndeqo2_1280.jpg

I was born during the thiller mania but how i wish i was born earlier to experince it , it was truly a magical time .

Thiller the song & album will always be timeless and will never fade thats the beauty of it

It looks like from pic 1 to pic 2 Mikes hair grew like 2 inches lol!!

^ an illusion by Michael... so magical... I guess he was the original 'Magic Mike' haha

36. “Say Say Say”

Pipes of Peace, 1983

Jackson and Paul McCartney co-wrote the smooth yet urgent-feeling “Say Say Say” during the same sessions that yielded “The Girl Is Mine,” and recorded it with George Martin at Abbey Road Studios. Jackson later recalled that he and McCartney “shared the same idea of how a pop song should work.” He also added, “We worked together as equals and enjoyed ourselves. Paul never had to carry me in that studio.” The song’s snake-oil-themed video featured a cameo from La Toya and was filmed not far from an estate just north of Santa Barbara that Jackson later purchased and renamed Neverland Ranch.

http://rollingstoneindia.com/50-best-michael-jackson-songs/

62R3zQVKmZHX2X_FJCFjJoJFp5SpERR7Cg5Ij5xUi-5Z9u8r7HD-0BG_9IvF3iwAgzFruL8GPHOZzfXZ8AFase2X3X0=w426-h240-n

Universal Studios Hollywood

Castle Dracula

(Friday 13 June 1980 - January 31st 1983)

We just spent $3,000,000 to make your nightmares come true. All-new CASTLE DRACULA, our biggest and most frightening attraction yet, is now part of Universal Studios Tour.
After you've escaped deadly Jaws, braved an Alpine avalanche, fought your way through the thrilling Battle of Galactica, survived a collapsing bridge and peeked behind the scenes of the world's biggest and busiest movie studio, the Prince of Darkness will be waiting to scare the daylights out of you.
Count Dracula is now undead and well at Universal Studios. Appearing daily in Castle Dracula. Home of angry bats, hungry wolves and a menagerie of movie monsters eager to make your blood run cold.

http://www.thestudiotour.com/ush/attractions/castledracula.php

dMf_9Q8optQ.jpg

It looks like Paul and Michael spent some time at Univeral Studios, while working together, like father and son!

People can have their opinions about Paul but one thing that I know for certain is that MJ and Paul made some great tunes together :)

Last edited:
paul12.jpg

Paul gave Michael Jackson some memorabilia from the cancelled tour

The Wings Japanese Tour That Wasn't

The dates of the tour were to have been Budokan Hall, Tokyo (21-24 January), Aichi-Ken, Taiiku-Kan, Nagoya (25-26 January), Festival Hall, Osaka (28 January), Osaka Furitsu-Kan, Osaka (29 January), Budokan Hall, Tokyo (31 January to 2 February). Eleven performances in all.

It was also the end of Wings.

I love how they always do that wispy voice impersonation. So hilarious.

On the website for the Pipes of Peace reissue, they have a 'facts' section. Here's the facts they posted related to MJ and Say Say Say!

0kCjMBo.jpg

"Michael called to ask if I would help with a demo. I said sure, do you want me to come over to your house? He said, no, can we do it at yours? I was surprised that he would come to me, but why not? Maybe he wanted to get out of the house. When he came over, my wife was watching a re-run of « Grease » on TV. Michael flopped on the couch, saying, « I love this movie! » After it was over, he took out a cassette, and it was only then that I learned that it was a song that he and Paul McCartney had written. Michael wanted to do an elaborate demo to show Paul his vision of the song. The cassette was just Paul on acoustic guitar, and he and Michael singing. We worked out the beat on a Linn LM-1 drum machine, and recorded a basic demo of Rhodes piano, synth bass and the drum machine on my four track recorder. This was used a few days later in the studio to teach the song to Nate Watts (bass) and Ricky Lawson (drums). We laid down the track, just the three of us, and then David Williams did guitar overdubs. Later that week, I came in to do some synth overdubs, and watched him record the horns and harmonica solo.

It was pretty elaborate for a demo! Michael confided in me that he was doing a full 24 track recording in the hope that Paul would just use his version, adding their vocals and mixing it. Months later, Michael told me the story. He had flown to England, and played the demo for Paul. Paul immediately heard the sound quality, and asked, « Is this 24 track? » Michael said it was. Paul said, « Did you bring it with you? » And, of course he had. So, the ‘demo’ became the record, just as Michael had hoped."

- Bill Wolfer

^ Mike knew how to work it!! When he believed in something he did, he knew how to get people behind him to back it.. Simular to the song We Are The World, we all know now how much came directly from Michael meanwhile Michael and Lionel both get credited for it.. To me I've always thought of that song as developed by Michael, influence touches by Lionel, and produced by Qunicy.. that is how the sound came about..

Regarding Say Say Say or any other song did with Paul.. Not to take any credit away from Paul cuz he was/is a great musician and understands music very well.. Vocally what I always loved about there duets was hearing Paul sound "ok" than Michael come in and SMASH it!! lol.. Sorry to fans of Pauls, and I am not trying to be bias but I can't help but to do that..

Same goes for Jacksons songs, like on "Torcher" hearing Jermaine's verse I'm like "this sounds good, and if it were any track people would enjoy it" than when Mikes verse comes in It takes the song beyond stratosphere. Something about that contrast makes me appreciate Mikes vocals even more within that moment..

^ Mike knew how to work it!! When he believed in something he did, he knew how to get people behind him to back it.. Simular to the song We Are The World, we all know now how much came directly from Michael meanwhile Michael and Lionel both get credited for it.. To me I've always thought of that song as developed by Michael, influence touches by Lionel, and produced by Qunicy.. that is how the sound came about..

Lionel came up with chorus melody. Watch the Mexico Deposition. Lionel deserves the credits he got although MJ wrote 90% of the song.

^ well part of the chorus melody according to the deposition... And I never said Lionel didn't participate.. But it's very apparent even by the deposition that Michael came up with most of the song..

^ well part of the chorus melody according to the deposition... And I never said Lionel didn't participate.. But it's very apparent even by the deposition that Michael came up with most of the song..

He still participated so he deserves the credit.

Music Review: Paul McCartney – ‘Tug of War’ and ‘Pipes of Peace’ (Archive Collection Reissues)
Posted by: The Other Chad September 21, 2015

Available from Concord Music Group on October 2, 2015 are the latest additions to Paul McCartney’s award-winning Archive Collection reissue series. Tug of War and Pipes of Peace were mostly recorded together throughout 1980-82. The best material landed on War, which was a global chart-topper and multiple Grammy nominee in 1982 (including Album of the Year). It features two collaborations with Stevie Wonder: the funky “What’s That You’re Doing?” and the mega-hit “Ebony and Ivory.” The leftovers, plus a pair of Michael Jackson collaborations (the mawkish “The Man” and another mega-hit, “Say Say Say”), wound up on Peace in 1983.

For the new reissue, available as a two-disc CD set or a three-disc CD plus DVD deluxe edition, Tug of War has been remixed. The change in overall sound is not dramatic, which should be welcome news for anyone planning to pick up the lower-cost two-disc version (which only includes the remix). Completists, however, can still get the remastered original 1982 mix as the third CD in the deluxe edition. The new mix boasts a broader dynamic range, with notably crisper high end and full-bodied low end. War is one of McCartney’s most consistently strong albums and its exciting to hear it sounding so fresh.

The second disc contains seven demos of album tracks, one demo for an unreleased song (“Stop, You
Don’t Know Where She Came From”), and three B-sides (“Rainclouds,” “I’ll Give You a Ring,” and the solo version of “Ebony and Ivory”; the former two haven’t been commercially available since their original vinyl release). The deluxe edition’s DVD is a bit skimpy, containing four music videos (“Ebony and Ivory,” “Take It Away,” two for “Tug of War”; each framed in its original aspect ratio of 1.33:1) and a 19-minute documentary about the making of the “Take It Away” video. The doc is the best part, featuring great behind-the-scenes footage of McCartney and the band (which, for “Take It Away,” includes Ringo Starr) plus guest star John Hurt.

Pipes of Peace, while not remixed, sounds noticeably better than the old 1993 reissue. Both War and Peace were produced by Beatles producer George Martin. The layers of Martin’s often intricate, inventive production can be more fully appreciated in the new remaster of Peace. The underrated, album-closing ballad “Through Our Love” sounds richer than before, particularly when the climactic orchestral score kicks in. The over-driven lead guitar on “The Man” cuts sharper, while the acoustic showcase in “Sweetest Little Show” feels more delicate than before.

Nine bonus cuts adorn the second disc in the both the standard and deluxe Pipes of Peace. Three are demos for album tracks, but it’s the demos for “Simple as That” and “It’s Not On” that are most fascinating. While the ’93 Peace edition contained a track called “Simple as That” (a contribution to a 1986 benefit album, The Anti-Heroin Project), that song is absent from the new edition. The included “Simple as That” demo is for an entirely different song which just happens to have the same title. “It’s Not On” is a strange little art rock song that McCartney probably should’ve pursued further (it’s definitely more interesting than Peace‘s weakest tunes, things like “Hey Hey” and “Tug of Peace”).

Peace‘s second disc also contains the B-side “Ode to a Koala Bear” (a reverb-drenched pop number that has been unavailable since its original vinyl 45 release), “Twice in a Lifetime” (the theme song to a 1985 Gene Hackman movie), and the previously unreleased instrumental “Christian Bop” (incorporated years later as part of McCartney’s classic work Liverpool Oratorio). Also on the second disc is a new 2015 extended remix of “Say Say Say,” notable for its utilization of alternate Michael Jackson vocals in place of lines sung by McCartney on the album version.

The Pipes of Peace deluxe edition DVD includes three music videos (“Pipes of Peace,” “Say Say Say,” “So Bad”) plus three home movie-based featurettes. One shows McCartney and crew goofing around during some down time, another features candid footage of Michael Jackson riding horses with the McCartney family, and the most interesting piece is behind-the-scenes footage in George Martin’s AIR Studios. Here we see McCartney working on a few tunes, including “Keep Under Cover” and the ultimately unused “It’s Not On.”

The Concord Music Group-supplied advance copies are simply the discs held in a CD wallet, without the elaborate printed materials (including extensive liner notes and photos) that will accompany the full deluxe editions.

http://blogcritics.org/music-review...d-pipes-of-peace-archive-collection-reissues/

plus three home movie-based featurettes...another features candid footage of Michael Jackson riding horses with the McCartney family...are a few of my favorite things!

paulmcreissue.jpg

^ well part of the chorus melody according to the deposition...

The main part. And the chorus is always the most important and memorable part of the song. So I say even though MJ wrote almost 90% of it, Lionel still deserves 50% credit.

I don't know why people are picking on what I said.. even when they are agreeing with me.. What I was saying is Michael came up with most of the song, and I like that... Then people are telling me "even though MJ wrote 90% of it Lionel deserves credit"...

I never said lionel doesn't deserve credit, I am just bringing attention to the "90%" that Michael did and It's something I'm proud of - that he can take lead like that..

Sorry but I'm not going to feel guilty for that!

Kenny Rogers

According to Kenny Rogers' autobiography, the USA For Africa song was originally supposed to be written by Stevie Wonder & Lionel, but Stevie was busy and didn't have time to do it. I don't know if they had done it, that the song would have been called We Are The World, unless Lionel made up the title.

I faintly even Lionel saying that they wanted someone to write the song because they, he and Michael, didn't know how to write songs. Does anyone know what I'm talking about here?

Last edited:
Back