New Official "Say Say Say" Remix Coming October 2015

Whenever people try to diminish his vocal quality, I tell them to suck a lemon. I always come back to that G5 he hit at the Madison Square Garden show. He chest belted a G effin 5! For men, that's almost impossible.

Yeah the audio quality is very good, which is rare nowadays tbh.

I'm completely flabbergasted by the technology that has gone into this recording. Paul compares his own voice with that of sounding similar to Michael's, that it is almost incomprehensible as to who's who. Totally jazzed about this!

In case anyone is wondering how Paul is able to accomplish this feat, he is still recording new music. He is 73 year's old and I pray I am as healthy looking as he is and take care of my health, like Paul does. He even still rides his bike. He posted a pic of himself out riding around in Japan recently. Paul even introduced Michael to his vegetarian lifestyle that he and Linda established in their lives. Here is Paul's song, "New" that is in the movie, "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2."

By the way, when I saw Paul a year ago, in August, he performed non stop for 3 hour's. Unbelievable.

Bu_Ur_QAl_IEAE3k9_E.jpg

By the way, when I saw Paul a year ago, in August, he performed non stop for 3 hour's. Unbelievable.

I came way too late to the Beatles party in life- but I know that the next time Maca plays Ireland I am there. I need to see Helter Skelter played live.

In case anyone is wondering how Paul is able to accomplish this feat, he is still recording new music. He is 73 year's old and I pray I am as healthy looking as he is and take care of my health, like Paul does.

TBH if I look as good as Paul does at 73 when I'm 73, I'll be VERY happy.

I am not a fan of Paul McCartney but have a lot of respect for older artists who still go out on the road and give it 100%. Most of these artists don't have to do this for the money or the fame, but their passion for performing keeps them going. I don't know what the quality of Paul's live act is nowadays, but many of the older acts I have seen are still schooling the younger acts in terms of giving it their all. A guy like Paul McCartney can easily get away with performing a 1.5/2 hour set at his age, but he still decides to push himself to do a 3 hour set. I have seen Bruce Springsteen, who is now 66, several times in recent years, and never seen him go for less than 3 incredibly passionate hours without a single break (and sometimes even nearly hit the 4 hour mark). In the last 2 years I have also seen an 81 and 87 year old perform and do very respectable jobs, defying both their physical age and conventions about people their age.

There is something very inspiring about guys like this staring the cold reality of their physical decline right in the face, giving it the finger and powering through for as long as they can and want.

Judging by the recent posts on Macca's Facebook/Instagram... looks like a promo/music video for Say Say Say is inbound...

Just listened to the High quality version of the remix for the first time.. on another note (outside the topic we turned this into about the cascio tracks lol) It's really refreshing to hear this, it's nice to hear a different take of the song - both vocally and instrumentally.. THIS is what a true remix is!! not what people do today and throw some random 'hot beat' over the audio track and mess with it all..

A remix should be able to stand on it's own as a official release song and not have that "Oh this is a remix" sound... This song for example, if the original was never released this could have been an 'original' .. I love that!

While thinking about this today, I ironically ran across this video on YouTube that demonstrates just how great Michael's voice is. Instead of starting a new thread, I'll throw it in here.

That Who's Lovin' You live audio around 00:40 gave me shivers.

remix

THIS is what a true remix is!! not what people do today and throw some random 'hot beat' over the audio track and mess with it all..

A remix should be able to stand on it's own as a official release song and not have that "Oh this is a remix" sound... This song for example, if the original was never released this could have been an 'original' .. I love that!
But remixes were originally made for clubs in the 1970s, not really for an official release. Early remixes were not released but done by club DJs like Tom Moulton. This was because the original songs were generally too short for people wanting to dance in clubs and the DJ had to change the song too often, which sometimes interupted the flow if the tempos were different. That's when the "beats per minutes aka BPM" became important Then when disco became popular, record labels started releasing 12" maxi singles which could contain the longer mixes that 45 singles couldn't. Maxi singles also had better sound quality than the 7" 45 singles, which was good for clubs and people who had better stereo systems. When rap records first came out, most were on maxi singles as they were often long songs. Few were released as 45s, which was counted on the charts.

Re: remix

But remixes were originally made for clubs in the 1970s, not really for an official release. Early remixes were not released but done by club DJs like Tom Moulton. This was because the original songs were generally too short for people wanting to dance in clubs and the DJ had to change the song too often, which sometimes interupted the flow if the tempos were different. That's when the "beats per minutes aka BPM" became important Then when disco became popular, record labels started releasing 12" maxi singles which could contain the longer mixes that 45 singles couldn't. Maxi singles also had better sound quality than the 7" 45 singles, which was good for clubs and people who had better stereo systems. When rap records first came out, most were on maxi singles as they were often long songs. Few were released as 45s, which was counted on the charts.
I remember quite well dancing in the discos in the middle/late 70's and it seemed like the music was one long continuous song-no breaks. And the sound systems and the lights were just unbelievable. You just couldn't get off the floor.

When did the artists themselves start making their own extended mixes? I've read/seen interviews with Michael's engineers who have talked about making the various mixes for the extended disco play. I think even Michael mentions it in Moonwalk.

I remember quite well dancing in the discos in the middle/late 70's and it seemed like the music was one long continuous song-no breaks. And the sound systems and the lights were just unbelievable. You just couldn't get off the floor.

When did the artists themselves start making their own extended mixes? I've read/seen interviews with Michael's engineers who have talked about making the various mixes for the extended disco play. I think even Michael mentions it in Moonwalk.
Technically, James Brown might be it. Although not really remixes, James would record different arrangements of the same song in different years. I'm not sure what you mean by the artists doing their own versions. Are you talking about a Mariah Carey type with different vocals? If so, then maybe around the early to mid 1980s. But most remixes during the 1970s and 1980s were done by a third party such as Jellybean Benitez, who did the Say Say Say remix that came out in 1983. They usually had no input by the act themselves, although the mixer might have access to extra vocals that were not used on the released version. If you're just talking about a long version, that might have started with performers like Isaac Hayes, War, and funk jazz acts like Herbie Hancock in the late 1960s-early 1970s. But the songs were album tracks and were edited if released as a single to fit on a 45. When the maxi singles started being commercially released, some of them were just the longer album version, and not a different mix. In some cases maybe the bass was pumped up, but otherwise identical. Or the song was edited to fit on an album and the maxi single had the uncut version like Billie Jean or Master Blaster by Stevie Wonder.

And yeah, those remixed were at the time exactly that.. "Re mixed" music.. yes longer and specific changes to the song that wont get much radio play.. But in itself as a composition they were basically re-worked versions of the originals we heard.. Well technically sometimes they had elements the arist wanted us to hear that were cut out FOR radio..

When I say when you listen to a remix It should not FEEL like a remix I mean simply It Is a complete song in itself that is re-worked from the original release.. Now I think we all know remixes are almost based on who can turn 1 song into another... (yes sometimes It works well) but often It Is dements the original vision of the song/artist.

Finally listened to the remix. Of course those couple of parts sound weird, but otherwise Michael's vocals are so pure and funky, and those ad libs. :D Nice to have a remix that's not trying too hard to sound modern.

Paul McCartney's FB seem to release something, maybe a new video version, of Say Say Say remix

NEW:
Michael Jackson was invited to stay with the McCartney family during 1981, during which time he and Paul wrote 'Say Say Say'. Rare and previously unreleased home movie footage filmed by Paul McCartney and Linda McCartney, Sussex 1981.

Sir Paul McCartney switches vocals with Michael Jackson in remixed duet

PANews%20BT_P-bc3b642e-6014-4854-b2d2-3c7dd8493c0e_I1.jpg

Music stars Sir Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson are to swap vocals as a new remix and video of their duet, Say Say Say, is unveiled today - 32 years after its original release.

Sir Paul's chief engineer Steve Orchard and Mark "Spike" Stent, who has worked with Madonna, U2 and Beyonce, have remixed the latest version of the song, which features previously unheard vocals from Jackson, who died in June 2009 at the age of 50.

The extended track - which is over three minutes longer than the original 1983 single - opens with Jackson rather than Sir Paul, and is featured in the re-issued edition of his Pipes Of Peace album.

Orchard said: "Paul remembered that there were two unused lead vocal performances by Michael and himself. We rearranged the vocal sequence and inverted the original performance so that Michael opened the first verse instead of Paul, to give the song a different take to the original version."

The single's accompanying video, which launched at 4pm on Sir Paul's Facebook page, has been created by Ryan Heffington, who has worked with Sia and Lady Gaga.

While Sir Paul and Jackson starred as travelling con merchants in the Wild West in the video, the new video follows a teenage boy on a journey through his neighbourhood.

The collaboration between the 73-year-old Beatles singer and the late Jackson started with a phone call, when the American star contacted him over the telephone.

Sir Paul said: "He (Michael) rang me up, and I didn't believe it was him, so I said, 'Who's this?' He said, 'Michael'... Anyway, we had a joke about that kind of thing, and he said, 'Yeah, I'd like to come over and write with you', so I said great.

"So he came over to England and we just sat down. I thought, well, it's not easy to just sit down with anyone you don't know and just write, start songwriting because you've got to get the chemistry right. But I thought, it is Michael - you know, I'll just try! If it doesn't work, we'll just throw it away..."

The song was a hit upon its release, and topped the singles charts in Canada, Norway and Sweden and the US, where it remained in the Billboard Hot 100 for six weeks in 1983. It hit the second spot in the UK.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/e...michael-jackson-in-remixed-duet-31587906.html

While I've heard 'This Is The Man' several years ago, I am finding new appreciation for the song.. Even before watching the video I listened to it on spotify which has Pauls new album (except for the Say Say Say remix for some reason) well at least as of a couple days ago.. But I listened to 'This is The Man' a few times, twice at work and once in the gym... This used to be a track I'd often skip and now I don't see why I did.

I never hated the song, but I guess you never know when you could find appreciation for something...

Oh and THAT is the type of video us fans can really appreciate, so much better than another compilation video... Hopefully down the road they release more videos with unseen footage! :)

[h=1]Watch the new 'Say Say Say [2015 Remix]' video[/h]
SaySaySayAnnouncement_MainNews.jpg

New 2015 remix and video of Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson’s 1983 international smash hit single 'Say Say Say'
Available to watch now exclusively on Facebook

#SaySaySay

• New video launched today, Tuesday October 6th, exclusively on Paul McCartney’s Facebook page to celebrate special revamped track featuring previously unheard vocals by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson

• Voices of Paul and Michael swap positions in remix by Mark ‘Spike’ Stent

• New dance video created by Sia and Lady Gaga collaborator Ryan Heffington to accompany 'Say Say Say [2015 Remix]'

Taken from the re-issue of Paul McCartney’s Pipes of Peace album, out now

WATCH THE NEW 'SAY SAY SAY [2015 REMIX] BY CLICKING HERE!

'Say Say Say' is without doubt one of the all-time greatest musical collaborations in popular music. It is one of three tracks on which Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson worked together and was their biggest commercial success, topping the US Billboard Hot 100 for six weeks upon release in 1983 and going on to become one of the highest selling singles of all time.

The groundbreaking partnership of two of the biggest stars in the music world began with a phone call which Paul received out of the blue after Michael got hold of his personal number and called, suggesting they should collaborate.

Paul remembers: “He (Michael) rang me up, and I didn’t believe it was him, so I said, “Who’s this?” He said, ‘Michael’. ‘Are you sure… Michael who?!’. Anyway, we had a joke about that kind of thing, and he said, ‘Yeah, I’d like to come over and write with you’, so I said great. So he came over to England and we just sat down. I thought, well, it’s not easy to just sit down with anyone you don’t know and just write, start songwriting because you’ve got to get the chemistry right. But I thought, it is Michael - you know, I'll just try! If it doesn’t work, we'll just throw it away …”

Clearly, the magic worked between them and 'Say Say Say' resonated around the world. Indeed, such was the excitement about the duo that even the TV premiere of the video - in which they play a pair of travelling con merchants in the Wild West - was an appointment-to-view event in many countries. And now, 32 years after the original release, fans will have a fresh rush of excitement with a completely new mix of the track, prominently featuring alternative vocals from Paul and the late Michael which have never before been seen the light of day.

This version came about as Paul worked on the next stage of his extensive reissue collection – the Grammy Award-winning Paul McCartney Archive Series - earlier this year. While working on the remasters for 1983’s Pipes Of Peace album and accompanying bonus material at Abbey Road Studios in January 2015, Paul was listening to an instrumental remix of 'Say Say Say' by DJ John ‘Jellybean’ Benitez when he recalled there were unused vocals.

The original multi-track masters were located and Paul’s Chief Engineer at his studio in Sussex, Steve Orchard, along with Paul fused the unheard recordings to the Jellybean mix. The extended track – which stretches to seven minutes compared to the original single’s 3 minutes 56 seconds – was then given a further polish with a remix by Mark ‘Spike’ Stent, whose extensive resume' includes working with Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga and Coldplay.

Orchard says: “Paul remembered that there were two unused lead vocal performances by Michael and himself. He said we should try putting the unused lead vocals onto the Jellybean mix. The Jellybean mix is a 12" and is much longer than the original version. It was originally made by making edit sections of the song with different instruments being muted to make up new sections and then spliced together.

“I needed to edit and arrange the alternative lead vocals to fit the 12" format. We then rearranged the vocal sequence and inverted the original performance so that Michael opened the first verse instead of Paul, to give the song a different take to the original version. Then we added additional backing vocal parts from the original multi-track to further enhance the instrumental mix. Paul then said it would be great to get Spike Stent to mix the new version of the track to give the song a new vibe.”

And to celebrate the remix of 'Say Say Say', a new upbeat dance video has been created and was launched exclusively on Facebook today (Tuesday October 6th). Directed by the choreographer and performance artist Ryan Heffington – recently noted for his choreography work on Sia’s 'Chandelier' promo - and filmed in LA, the video follows a teenage boy on a journey through his neighborhood. The boy’s sense of optimism is infectious as he brings joy and stunning dance sequences to those he encounters on his travels.

The track is part of the Pipes Of Peace 2-CD Special Edition, which is made up of the original album plus a nine-track bonus disc including outtakes, demos and other gems. The Deluxe Edition also includes a further DVD which features single promos and unreleased clips from Paul’s film archives. In addition there is a 2-LP vinyl edition as well as standard and hi-res digital versions. All formats are out now.

I hope a certain band are taking notes ..cough... QUEEN

This is how you re-visit a historical occasion! Well done to Paul & co for a great remix and a great video.

And in the end the love we take is equal to the love we make

^Indeed innuendo141, this is how remixes and the promotion of them should be done, sir Paul & co. made a better execution by a landslide. It'd be nice if this remix enters to the charts but I'm truly happy what Paul aha his people have done so far. The kids in the video look adorable.

As for The Man home video it was so nice to simply see Michael and the McCartneys having a good time.

To add, I'm hoping the Estate is also taking notes for future releases. People don't need to butcher songs to make remixes to stand out and having the public enjoying them.

Don't like the video. It's the same thing as Hollywood Tonight, Hold My Hand, Behind The Mask, Love Never Felt So Good and A Place With No Name, but with a lesser budget. The video for The Man is million times better and makes much more sense. He should have gone with alternate takes and behind the scenes video from the original video. Actually the best MJ posthumous video for me is unreleased but leaked video for Queen's There Must Be More To Life Than This.

And yeah, those remixed were at the time exactly that.. "Re mixed" music.. yes longer and specific changes to the song that wont get much radio play.. But in itself as a composition they were basically re-worked versions of the originals we heard.. Well technically sometimes they had elements the arist wanted us to hear that were cut out FOR radio..

When I say when you listen to a remix It should not FEEL like a remix I mean simply It Is a complete song in itself that is re-worked from the original release.. Now I think we all know remixes are almost based on who can turn 1 song into another... (yes sometimes It works well) but often It Is dements the original vision of the song/artist.
I remember that in the 1980s, sometimes the remix was the single version and the one used in the video. I remember people I knew would buy the album and would be upset that the version on the album was not the one they heard on the radio and didn't like the album mix. :rofl: Like Freedom and Everything She Wants by Wham!.

Back