New Slash single

A few years ago Slash released a smooth jazz song called Obsession Confession. That was something I would have never figured happening, lol.

^^^ i did. i thought of it as the next logical progression, considering how crisp he sounds.

as far as the single is concerned, it makes me appreciate, anew, the idea of the lead of a band. unless Slash is singing, the idea of automatically wondering who the lead singer is, is something that makes me feel guilty, even though the singer sounds very good. yeah..i know that Slash isn't the first band where the singer wasn't the lead, but, this makes me appreciate it, truly, for the first time.

it sounds like a showcase for musicians. that's what the single sounds like to me. i don't know if i would think of it as much of a song...but that's just me. yeah...i bet Steven Tyler has a real appreciation for the singer not necessarily just getting respect without earning it. and i'm sure, the singer on this Slash single is humble, too, having seen the examples i spoke of. all instruments are important. the singer is not above anyone else.

so who is the drummer? the bassist?

is there any instruments in there i don't hear, that i should appreciate? and, of course...producers are to be appreciated. and, writers.

Slash sounds great, as usual. and now, he's runnin things.

It’s easy to imagine Slash as perhaps the most connected musician in rock and roll history — and on May 17, the iconic Guns N’ Roses guitarist will release a new record, Orgy of the Damned, with the help of a fleet of A-list musical pals.
Announced on Friday, the big news came with the debut of “Killing Floor,” originally known as a song from Howlin’ Wolf. This time, Slash — real name Saul Hudson — is joined by AC/DC vocalist Brian Johnson and, for good measure, Aerosmith‘s Steven Tyler on harmonica.

The track listing, with special guests noted:

1. “The Pusher” feat. Chris Robinson (vocal and harmonica)
Written by Wayne Hoyt Axton

2. “Crossroads” feat. Gary Clark Jr. (vocal, rhythm guitar, and solo)
Written by Robert Leroy Johnson

3. “Hoochie Coochie Man” feat. Billy F. Gibbons (vocal, rhythm guitar, and solo)
Written by Willie Dixon

4. “Oh Well” feat. Chris Stapleton (vocal)
Written by Peter Alan Green

5. “Key to the Highway” feat. Dorothy (vocal)
Written by Charles Segar, William Broonzy

6. “Awful Dream” feat. Iggy Pop (vocal)
Written by Sam (Lightnin’) Hopkins, Clarence Lewis, C. Morgan Robinson

7. “Born Under a Bad Sign” feat. Paul Rodgers (vocal)
Written by William Bell and Booker T. Jones

8. “Papa Was a Rolling Stone” feat. Demi Lovato (vocal)
Written by Barrett Strong and Jesse Norman Whitfield

9. “Killing Floor” feat. Brian Johnson (vocal)
Written by Chester Burnett (Howlin’ Wolf)
*Special guest Steven Tyler on harmonica.

10. “Living for the City” feat. Tash Neal (vocal)
Written by Stevie Wonder
*Special guest background vocals: Jenna Bell and Jessie Payo.

11. “Stormy Monday” feat. Beth Hart (vocal)”
Written by T-Bone Walker

12. “Metal Chestnut”
Written by Slash

Back