New song Oct. 12th + 'This is it' Album out on Oct. 26th. Pre-order at Amazon.com

This Is It has been in the media a lot today I was surprised. Every media outlet is talking about it. Here in Canada, the major networks have been rotating the story every hour all day. I find it interesting that it's getting such good press. MTV wrote an amazing article on the song. Most media networks are saying positive things! The album pre-sales are surging and most average "non fans" are well aware of the song.

In my opinion, it's not a smash #1 hit by no means, it sounds more like a demo. Regardless, people actually like it, which shows MJ has some amazing talent to have to have the general public endorse a song like this. I personally really like it, MJ's vocals are great and first 30 seconds are especially golden.

The song isn't a #1 smash either imo, it's not MJ's best by a long shot, but I do like the song and I love love love Michael's voice in it.

This Is It has been in the media a lot today I was surprised. Every media outlet is talking about it. Here in Canada, the major networks have been rotating the story every hour all day. I find it interesting that it's getting such good press. MTV wrote an amazing article on the song. Most media networks are saying positive things! The album pre-sales are surging and most average "non fans" are well aware of the song.

In my opinion, it's not a smash #1 hit by no means, it sounds more like a demo. Regardless, people actually like it, which shows MJ has some amazing talent to have to have the general public endorse a song like this. I personally really like it, MJ's vocals are great and first 30 seconds are especially golden.

This is great news! :)

Regarding the TII album I personally have doubt that it has the full set list that was supposed to be on the concert I bet that Michael was going to have a mix of other songs and I think he was planning to change the set list as he eventually progress in the tour, he did that in previous tours. So I think they still have footage which they will use later for other purposes, I am sure Sony will not give away everything at once.

People keep talking about not #1 smash hit. Is it even be commercially released? I didn't think it was. Anyways, i can't wait to get it. People where i live keep asking me are yall getting 'This is It' at Walmart? lol Yup we getting it. We can't keep Mj cd's in our Walmart store.

To support MJ's legacy, Sony should have came up with something better then This is it.
You can hear it is just a demo. An unfinished track from the '80's. Very dissapointing when you consider there are plenty of tracks waiting for us in the vault. Mixed and mastered.
A great oppurtunity is being missed to let the world know once again that MJ is the greatest.

The movie ends with footage of MJ's death. Maybe MJ's work with popular producers like R Kelly, Will i am, Ne-Yo didn't fit the end of the movie.

I've said it many times. I love this song and it's the perfect song to close the movie which i think what Sony was looking for. If they chose a hot dance track with MJ singing about grooving on the dance floor at the end of funeral footage then that would be horrible.

I think some ppl are just not getting the meaning and timing of this song and how it fits the end of the movie.

^^ Exactly, this song is more fitting and it is more of a representation than anything else.

Just listen to his voice, it is magical!!

The movie ends with footage of MJ's death. Maybe MJ's work with popular producers like R Kelly, Will i am, Ne-Yo didn't fit the end of the movie.

I've said it many times. I love this song and it's the perfect song to close the movie which i think what Sony was looking for. If they chose a hot dance track with MJ singing about grooving on the dance floor at the end of funeral footage then that would be horrible.

I think some ppl are just not getting the meaning and timing of this song and how it fits the end of the movie.

well..considering that i now know how the movie is gunna end, i'll just stick with buying the soundtrack, instead of seeing the movie.

Who is talking about a funeral. The movie is about tour rehearsels and new clean, mastered, mixed and upbeat MJ song would not hurt a bit.
This is it the song hurts because it is in no way a high standard MJ song but an old demo from the '80's. Unfinished!

does anyone know which version of i just can't stop loving you is on the album? is it the one with the monologue at the beginning?

does anyone know which version of i just can't stop loving you is on the album? is it the one with the monologue at the beginning?
Not likely, I haven't seen it on albums for a LONG LONG time :(. I wish they would put it, because I love that version, but unfortunately I only have it multiple times on vinyl. When I was old enough to buy my own CD's they already cut the intro :(

Not likely, I haven't seen it on albums for a LONG LONG time :(. I wish they would put it, because I love that version, but unfortunately I only have it multiple times on vinyl. When I was old enough to buy my own CD's they already cut the intro :(

aww too bad i love that version too, i had my hopes up cause i had read it was the original recordings, i would buy the album just for that...now i'm just pondering if i should

As stated by other posts the sad thing for me is that a lot of people have not known a MJ track released since 2001 (with any publicity) so the key record buying public now 14 - 18 have this as their first MJ single and frankly it is an album track it does not excite and does not make people want to listen to the back catalogue

Are prices already confirmed?
If i am not mistaken there will be 2 versions - one with 2 cds and the other one with 2cds, poster and booklet? :)

i'm confused. i thought the version i preordered at amazon would have the poster. i just assumed as i didn't know there were two versions. :( has anyone else seen the poster version on amazon? cuz i only saw the one type. thanks
hopefully i will be able to change my order

Last edited:
here's the tracklisting for The Deluxe Souvenir Edition with correct track lengths:

Disc 1/2:

01. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 6:03
02. Jam 5:39
03. They Don't Care About us 4:45
04. Human Nature 4:06
05. Smooth Criminal 4:17
06. The Way You Make Me Feel 4:59
07. Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) 3:54
08. I Just Can't Stop Loving You 4:12
09. Thriller 5:57
10. Beat It 4:18
11. Black Or White 4:16
12. Earth Song 6:46
13. Billie Jean 4:54
14. Man In The Mirror 5:20
15. This Is It 3:37
16. This Is It (Orchestra Version) 4:55

Disc 2/2:

01. She's Out Of My Life (Demo) 3:19
02. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Demo) 5:43
03. Beat It (Demo) 2:05
04. Planet Earth (Poem) 3:15

The Deluxe Souvenir Edition also includes a 36 page commemorative booklet featuring exclusive photos of Michael from his last rehearsal.

The album is out and I have bought it, its an awesome souvenir for all the fans with a great booklet, really great quality and although disc 2 is rather short, its better to have quality than quantity, this is always the case with MJ!!!

Just hope everyone gets it and makes MJ number 1 in the UK for a TENTH TIME!!!

i try today to ask my music store that i can get the this it it album today they say :no: :boohoo: cause they'll get in troblem if they do that :yes: so tomorrow is monday and i'm going to woke up early to get it :clap: :jump:

they just advertised the album in the x factor adverts, should be good sales in the uk after all this promo, hopefully number 1

i try today to ask my music store that i can get the this it it album today they say :no: :boohoo: cause they'll get in troblem if they do that :yes: so tomorrow is monday and i'm going to woke up early to get it :clap: :jump:
The album comes out the 27th in North America.

Today I checked Virgin Mega Store and other stores here in Dubai and they said it is still not released, they expect it this Friday which is the 30th of October. Looks like we are getting it late. :scratch:

Back