New Unreleased Song Leaked ... Just A Snippet

ehm.... it's so not michaelish... does anyone agree? I just... I don't like it. Really. And the song is not good NOT because Michael couldn't do it right ('cause he always does everything best) it's because he works with ppl he shouldn't work with! I mean.... why he couldn't just do his music the old fashion way? Like in the old times?
He should have had better ppl around him.

I disagree. I think from what I can hear from the snippet, this song sounds a lot more like the old Michael than some of the stuff on Invincible (on which I felt he was working with the wrong people who didn't let Michael be Michael). It isn't overproduced and technically enhanced to a point of sounding unnatural. It sounds almost timeless, it could well have been created in the 70s, but is fresh even today. :)

However, it doesn't really sound like a cover, or if it is, then it's a very loose interpretation -- which is good, it sounds better than the original!

I want to hear everything from Michael, I just adore his voice. I also intend to buy all CDs featuring unreleased music (no more compilations, though). So listening to leaked songs is really not a problem for me. If it's already leaked then the damage is done and I might as well make the most of it, it's not like I'd ever help spread it. And I would still be doing the right thing by buying the CDs when and if they get released. No moral dilemma here.

I so agree with you. That's a fact.

I disagree. I think from what I can hear from the snippet, this song sounds a lot more like the old Michael than some of the stuff on Invincible (on which I felt he was working with the wrong people who didn't let Michael be Michael). It isn't overproduced and technically enhanced to a point of sounding unnatural. It sounds almost timeless, it could well have been created in the 70s, but is fresh even today. :)

However, it doesn't really sound like a cover, or if it is, then it's a very loose interpretation -- which is good, it sounds better than the original!

But I actually feel like it is from the Invincible album. I think you know what I mean...I just wish Michael had left all those people -as you said- who didn't let Michael be Michael and started to do make real music and make every song a hit song.
But I'm happy ya all love it. And there always has to be a person who wouldn't love it. And this time it's unfortunately me.

I agree with the bolded parts. :yes:

Edit: Just wanted to say in response to the "overproduced" comments about Invincible that Michael co-produced the majority of the songs on the CD and Executive Produced the CD as a whole...so the criticism directed at others may be unjustified, imo.

I don’t agree with any negativity towards "Invincible" I believe it is genuinely a great album, it just didn’t get its fair share of promotions, videos, media frenzy/publicity, concerts, etc…

I like this song very much.. It sounds MJ-ish.. :D This made my day!! Now I can go to sleep with this little 25 seconds.. :p

I don’t agree with any negativity towards "Invincible" I believe it is genuinely a great album, it just didn’t get its fair share of promotions, videos, media frenzy/publicity, concerts, etc…

It is a great album. It's just... much different. Very modern. And fans got used to the old 80s sound.

heres the original version
wow beautiful. "la la laaa la la laa la laa la" I love it!:wub: Great soothing harmony!

We need michael's full version QUICK. I'm killing these 25 seconds on repeat. I love this joint. :punk:

If this was on "Invincible", it would have made the album alot better.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe it was said that Invincible was submitted to Sony a couple of times before Sony accepted it. Who knows what Invincible originally was to consist of before Sony had Michael change things. I would love to know what songs he originally chose for that album and what songs ultimately ended up getting cut to satisfy Sony. Lots of gems may have been cut...or what if the original album was to have a totally different vibe similar to this song.

do yall here this man:bugeyed????...I love the way he breaths and says "my friend" "care" "theaare" and then his harmony back up vocal are the straight up the bizness. So light and happy, the song make you want to clap. lol

His breathing and pronounciation are the bizness fa real.

man that sounds freaking awesome! Only 25 seconds but I finally got to hear something MJ new!!

my god the person who owns this account says the full song coming soon!!!!! oh god finally!!!!!! this is incredible!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but...
Wouldn't a "Place without no name" actually be a place WITH a name?
Doesn't make sense...
maybe that's why it wasn't released?...

there's an old building and vacant lot by my house with no name yet it's still a place. so yes it makes sense. also what were places before they had names? they didn't exist because they didn't have names? now that doesn't make sense.

she said don't you worry my friend :) Can't stop listening to it!!!!! this has been the best five minutes I've experienced in the last month!

do yall here this man:bugeyed????...I love the way he breaths and says "my friend" "care" "theaare" and then his harmony back up vocal are the straight up the bizness. So light and happy, the song make you want to clap. lol

His breathing and pronounciation are the bizness fa real.

Same here. Clappin' and boppin'! lol I think it was in his last Ebony interview where he said he tries to bind his soul to his art/music so a piece of him stays alive in it. Totally feeling his soul in all 25 seconds of this thing. It's a feel-good song and it feels exactly that...GOOD. sigh

Back