Neyo's New Musical Direction (and Album) Inspired by MJ

babykinsilk05

Proud Member
Ne-Yo’s new album was inspired by Michael Jackson.

The ‘Miss Independent’ hitmaker revealed his new offering ‘Libra Scale’ came about because he was “bored” with his previous material and wanted to try something more creative in the style of the late King of Pop.

He told Essence magazine:

“It is made up of a few components. Firstly, boredom! I was bored with the concept of just doing another compilation of songs. I wanted to do something with a little more creative edge to it.

“Secondly, the late great Michael Jackson. Looking back on what he did for entertainment as a whole was a key inspiration and motivation to push the envelope a little bit.”

The singer-and-songwriter – who has amassed a large catalogue of number one hits he has written for other artists – explained he decided to put a story and meaning behind the record to make it more interesting for fans.

He said:

“I did it for the sake of entertainment. Nobody really does concepts anymore, thus the music, the visual, the whole nine is just bland. Call this album seasoning salt for the entertainment pallet.”

http://www.bloginity.com/blog/2010/07/22/ne-yos-new-album-was-inspired-by-michael-jackson/

so many people are all talk. i've never heard Michael talk. his music did it, first. but i hope the new ne yo direction does well, and it's nice he gave props to MJ.

Last edited:
shame his two new singles suckkkk lol

Haha, that's true! :D

But it seems to me that almost everyone nowadays says that he is/was inspired by MJ and that's why he/she made his/her album a bit in MJ style!...

Wasn't his past albums also MJ inspired?... :D

Oh Neyo. It's a good thing I kinda like you... because Beautiful Monster sucks and I appreciate the hommage to King Mike but the video (and acting) was just painful to watch...

Ne-yo’s mj inspired album

NE-YO’S MJ INSPIRED ALBUM

Singer Ne-Yo says that his new album, 'Libra Scale,' was inspired by the creativity of Michael Jackson.

Speaking to Essence Magazine the singer said that the album came about because he was board with his previous work and wanted to try something more creative like the King of Pop would do.

"It is made up of a few components. Firstly, boredom! I was bored with the concept of just doing another compilation of songs. I wanted to do something with a little more creative edge to it.

"Secondly, the late great Michael Jackson. Looking back on what he did for entertainment as a whole was a key inspiration and motivation to push the envelope a little bit."

Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/aae261CeIQ-cmj737E0-IJ9P3mQ;contactmusic.com

Re: Ne-yo’s mj inspired album

NE-YO’S MJ INSPIRED ALBUM

Singer Ne-Yo says that his new album, 'Libra Scale,' was inspired by the creativity of Michael Jackson.

Speaking to Essence Magazine the singer said that the album came about because he was board with his previous work and wanted to try something more creative like the King of Pop would do.

"It is made up of a few components. Firstly, boredom! I was bored with the concept of just doing another compilation of songs. I wanted to do something with a little more creative edge to it.

"Secondly, the late great Michael Jackson. Looking back on what he did for entertainment as a whole was a key inspiration and motivation to push the envelope a little bit."

Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/aae261CeIQ-cmj737E0-IJ9P3mQ;contactmusic.com

nice of NEYO to say

I read a comment on youtube that the song "Beautiful Monster" was written for Michael? is this true?

His new song, Champange Life is hot. Listen to that if you haven't.

Beautiful Monster is just typical. Nothing different or special IMO.

His new song, Champange Life is hot. Listen to that if you haven't.

Beautiful Monster is just typical. Nothing different or special IMO.

You're right...

I just listened to it and it's great. :music:

Back