No other artist dead or alive has this is ANY country

redfrog

Proud Member
First I didn't want to believe my eyes when a few days ago I checked the iTunes chart in Bahrain
and found this:

Number Ones 25
Xscape deluxe 28
Bad 38
Thriller 47
History 54
Essential 58
Bad25 61
BODF 63
Ultimate Fan Extras Collection 76
Michael 78
This is it 81
The definitive collection 82
Invincible 84
Love Songs 85

But then I did it again today and MJ is still all over that chart!

bah8.jpg

http://www.hotmusiccharts.com/bh/itunes/albums

I don't know why Bahrain of all places but no other artist has this many albums on ANY itunes chart.

Neither will you find any dead or alive artist's three albums on the itunes charts in Uzbekhistan, yes Uzbekhistan

3 days ago
Uzbekhistan Xscape 23 Essential 47 Number Ones 58

Today
Uzbekhistan Xscape 20 Essential 46 Number Ones 56

http://www.hotmusiccharts.com/uz/itunes/albums

And he is the only artist, current or dead, with four albums in the worldwide Top 150.

146 Essential
118 This is it
106 Number Ones
63 Off the Wall

A few more hilarious results:

This is it is Number 1 in Ecuador while Number Ones is 45. No kidding.

http://www.hotmusiccharts.com/ec/itunes/albums

Dangerous is No. 12 in Turkmenistan ahead of Adele's 25

Turkmenistan Dangerous 12 Number Ones 42

http://www.hotmusiccharts.com/tm/itunes/albums

Mongolia Number Ones 4 Xscape 74

http://www.hotmusiccharts.com/mn/itunes/albums

Armenia Xscape 23 Number Ones 39 HIStory 71

http://www.hotmusiccharts.com/am/itunes/albums

Azerbaijan Number Ones 10 Xscape deluxe 24 Xscape 81

http://www.hotmusiccharts.com/az/itunes/albums

Bermuda HIStory 60 Number Ones 70

http://www.hotmusiccharts.com/bm/itunes/albums

Brunei Number Ones 9

http://www.hotmusiccharts.com/bn/itunes/albums

Burkina Faso Essential 66 Bad 81

http://www.hotmusiccharts.com/bf/itunes/albums

Cape Verde Number Ones 25 Xscape deluxe 33

http://www.hotmusiccharts.com/cv/itunes/albums

Chile Number Ones 35 Essential 94

http://www.hotmusiccharts.com/cl/itunes/albums

Costa Rica Number Ones 22 This is it 47

http://www.hotmusiccharts.com/cr/itunes/albums

Egypt Number Ones 63 Xscape 92

Last edited:
He's been all over the charts in various countries. Amazing!

In New Zealand, Off the wall special edition with DVD of the movie at #31 on official charts, and this has been added to the 55 weeks Off the wall has been Top 40 here. The album is 5 x Platinum meaning between 75k and 90k, have been sold, that is a lot in NZ.

Local stars and Adele and Bieber and Ed Sheeran dominate our charts for some reason. A lot of NZ artists like Sole Mio, Dave Dobbyn, Six60 and Fat freddys drop are barely known outside NZ and possibly Australia.

Local stars and Adele and Bieber and Ed Sheeran dominate our charts for some reason.

What do you mean "for some reason"? You literally just named three of the biggest names in music today (especially Adele and Justin).

OTW was at #18 on the NZ Top 40 last week, which isn't too shabby given the fact that minus the airing of the doco on Prime, there's been no proper advertising or promotion for the album. For a few hours after the doco aired on Prime, OTW was #1 on the NZ iTunes charts and it remained in the top ten for about a day or so.

I don't know why Bahrain of all places but no other artist has this many albums on ANY itunes chart.

Maybe Bahrain has a soft spot for him since he lived there for a while. I have seen a comment by Prince (MJ's son) a couple of weeks ago. He was asked by fans what was the best period of his life and he said living in Bahrain. So it seems the feelings were mutual too.

But I noticed that Arab countries generally tend to like MJ a lot. I mean on YouTube there is a way to filter view data based on country and you can see that he is very popular in Arab countries. He is also popular in places where most artists do not even register - eg. Africa. He is also very popular in Latin America and Asia. While commercially US and UK are the most important markets (simply because they have the biggest purchase power) but I find it cool that MJ has such a wide-reaching global appeal - through very different countries and cultures. He truly IS global - probably more than any other non-current artist.

redfrog;4142070 said:
First I didn't want to believe my eyes when a few days ago I checked the iTunes chart in Bahrain
and found this:

But then I did it again today and MJ is still all over that chart!

Neither will you find any dead or alive artist's three albums on the itunes charts in Uzbekhistan, yes Uzbekhistan

This explains (probably) why the Kingdom of Bahrain was selected as one of the 25 countries/nations in which the documentary ‘This Is It’ premiered globally.

But generally speaking, I think that MJ’s success in these countries (that is being portrayed by the stream services) comes down also to the fact that MJ never looked down on such countries (1992 Africa trip, concerts in front of Arabian audiences, & so on).

So, apart from his music itself, I think that his general, positive attitude towards such countries explains also his continuous appeal (& success) to them.

Maybe Bahrain has a soft spot for him since he lived there for a while. I have seen a comment by Prince (MJ's son) a couple of weeks ago. He was asked by fans what was the best period of his life and he said living in Bahrain. So it seems the feelings were mutual too.

Yeah I thought about that but I guessed they were mad at him after the abaya incident and the Prince's lawsuit. It's a conservative country after all. I saw they loved him in Oman, though.

Isn't it universal that Michael Jackson is so popular around the world. He is popular in some parts of the world that you would never expect like Mexico and some other parts of the world. While the US, Europe, and Chinese are known to have good marketability, but it is great to be popular in other parts of the world where the market is not that good.

What do you mean "for some reason"? You literally just named three of the biggest names in music today (especially Adele and Justin).

OTW was at #18 on the NZ Top 40 last week, which isn't too shabby given the fact that minus the airing of the doco on Prime, there's been no proper advertising or promotion for the album. For a few hours after the doco aired on Prime, OTW was #1 on the NZ iTunes charts and it remained in the top ten for about a day or so.

Yes but when you are 40 like me, Ed Sheeran and Adele have little appeal to me, I listen to real music like Michael Jackson!

Sadly the latest chart has OTW out of the Top 40 albums. Also can't understand why Six60 are so popular, they literally bought the balcony down!

Ed Sheeran? The most boring artist around today! All of his songs are boring

Can someone please explain the difference between real music and fake music?

Hm from what I know Justin Bieber's fanbase seems to be made almost entirely of young girls.

I don't know enough about ed Sheeran to say anything about him but I'm sure he's cool LOL.

However, Adele sells good because she appeals to the majority of people, but let's not get it twisted, none of them are anywhere near the same level as MJ.

Adele is genuinely talented, and Justin is popular, but neither of them are as popular or talented as MJ was in his lifetime, and neither has innovated or had as much impact and influence as MJ has had and continues to have.

While I believe people should listen to whatever they want, and what sounds good is subjective, it's simply a fact that some artist are more talented then others.:yes:

People lie but numbers don't, and MJ has been the global top selling artist over the past 7 years, which means he outsold Adele, Justin, and everyone else.:)

So, while there technically isn't any real or fake music, there is music that's popular and isn't good, and then there's music that's popular but is actually good at the same time.

Additionally, If anyone wants the receipts on MJ being the top selling artist for the past 7 years I will gladly provide them. :)

Last edited:
analogue;4142369 said:
Can someone please explain the difference between real music and fake music?

There is none. Justin Bieber's music is just as much music as Michael Jacksons. One Direction's music is just as much music as The Beatles. Adele's music is just as much music as Janet Jacksons etc etc.

Yes, you can obviouslyyyy enjoy an artist more than another, and yes, there are artists who are more influential than others but at the end of the day, music is music.

I've seen people online over the years try to claim their music taste is better because they listen to "real music" when honestly, they just come off incredibly pretentious. That's why when I see people claim they listen to "real music" I can't help but roll my eyes.

Princess nishea;4142373 said:
Hm from what I know Justin Bieber's fanbase seems to be made almost entirely of young girls.

Maybe if this was 2010, but it's 2016. Bieber's music isn't really aimed at the young teen girl demographic anymore. Over the past year or so, his key demographic is shifting to people my age (~20) and I can say that he has become VERY popular with people my age over the past year. Not to say he isn't still popular with young teen girls, but there's a joke how everyone my age started becoming Beliebers in 2015 after he released his new music, spawning images like this that I've seen reposted on social networks a few times now.

But yeah, he began featuring on/releasing songs like "Where Are Ü Now", "What Do You Mean" and "Sorry" to name a few that have a more matured sound than his previous records, in accordance he's gotten more popular with older people to the point where lots of people my age happily admit they're a fan of his new music, which wouldn't have happened 2 years ago. Some really good music imho :)

Princess nishea;4142373 said:
People lie but numbers don't, and MJ has been the global top selling artist over the past 7 years, which means he outsold Adele, Justin, and everyone else.:)

Yeah, I'm keen to see your source actually. I have a feeling you might be getting that mixed up with most successful dead celebrity (for which he was for all but 1 of the past 7 years).

I know he's sold tens of millions of albums since his death, but I reckon you'll find that the vast majority of those were sold in 2009, creeping over into 2010. In this Billboard article, they state that in the USA, that he sold 8 million albums in 2009, falling 2 million albums in 2010, and then approximately 1 million in 2011. Yes, the USA wasn't his best market pre-death, but it has been one of the best markets for his music after he died, so you'll likely find similar trends worldwide.

And let's be real, there's no way he outsold 21 in 2011, or 25 in 2015/16. Adele probably outsold Michael's sales in 2015 in the first week of 25 alone (which was 3.38 million sold in the USA for the first week alone). I know he regularly is charting in the Top 200 for Billboard, but he isn't in the high end of the charts. He'd have to be in, idk, The Top 10 or something to be regularly outselling EVERYONE.

There is none. Justin Bieber's music is just as much music as Michael Jacksons. One Direction's music is just as much music as The Beatles. Adele's music is just as much music as Janet Jacksons etc etc.

Yes, you can obviouslyyyy enjoy an artist more than another, and yes, there are artists who are more influential than others but at the end of the day, music is music.

Yeah, I'll go with the music is music premise, but talent covers a whole different spectrum. There are degrees of talent. And that's where MJ has the distinction. That distinction is what many MJ fans are referring to when they speak of contemporary artist in comparison. In fact, when you put his vocal talent and dancing talent, showmanship and magnetism all together, there's only a handful of any generation that have been in the same league.

Turn off the "music" and just watch MJ on stage. Try that with Adele or Justin and you see the distinction.

Yeah, I'll go with the music is music premise, but talent covers a whole different spectrum. There are degrees of talent. And that's where MJ has the distinction. That distinction is what many MJ fans are referring to when they speak of contemporary artist in comparison. In fact, when you put his vocal talent and dancing talent, showmanship and magnetism all together, there's only a handful of any generation that have been in the same league.

Yeah. Obviously talent wise there's no way in hell I'd compare One Direction to The Beatles, or Bieber to Jackson and have the newer two come anywhere close to the older two.

I mean, all four of those artists are talented to varying degrees, but the older two of those artists are without a question miles ahead in terms of talent so yah know.

Last edited:
"Jackson's catalog continues to be a monster. Estimates of posthumous sales in the first five years after his death were in excess of 13 million in the U.S. alone. Considering that Jackson has consistently sold an estimated 70 percent of his records outside of the U.S., total sales since 2009 have easily surpassed 43 million worldwide. That makes Jackson the No. 1-selling global artist over the past seven years, surpassing such contemporary superstars as Adele and Taylor Swift."

This is from a billboard article Btw.

Here's a link to the entire article. :)
http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7262698/michael-jackson-estate-billion-dollar-turnaround-sony-atv?utm_source=twitter

Last edited:
Princess nishea;4142429 said:
· Jackson's catalog continues to be a monster. Estimates of posthumous sales in the first five years after his death were in excess of 13 million in the U.S. alone. Considering that Jackson has consistently sold an estimated 70 percent of his records outside of the U.S., total sales since 2009 have easily surpassed 43 million worldwide. That makes Jackson the No. 1-selling global artist over the past seven years, surpassing such contemporary superstars as Adele and Taylor Swift.

This is from a billboard article Btw.

Here's a link to the entire article. :)
http://www.billboard.com/articles/b...dollar-turnaround-sony-atv?utm_source=twitter

Interesting.

I find that weird because Billboard stated in May 2010 that he had sold over 31,000,000 albums since his death [Source] and other articles later in the year stated numbers around 35,000,000 [here].

Which then means, using that new 2016 figure from Billboard, he has sold approximately 8-12 million albums worldwide from June 2010 to January 2016, a period of 5 and a half years, which is an average of approximately 1.54 million - to 2.18 million a year (and that's give or take, obviously some years will sell more than others). That would definitely not make him the best selling artist of 2011-2015 (for dead artists though? Yeah probably).

Let's go by it year by year.

In 2011, Adele sold 5.82 million copies of 21 in the USA alone (Source). This would go on to sell another 4.41 million copies in the USA by the end of 2012 (Source), becoming one of the few albums to sell the most two years in a row. Of course, I'm not even including places like Europe where by May 2012, it had sold 10,000,000 copies (a very good amount would've been sold in 2011). By the end of 2012, it had sold 25,000,000 albums worldwide (Source) and has gone on to sell another 5-6+ million in the 3 years since. At the end of 2011, it would estimated that Michael had sold 1 million albums in the USA (as opposed to 2 million in 2010 and 8 million in 2009). (Source) He might've sold a couple million more worldwide, but Adele is undoubtedly the winner here.

In 2012, you have Adele shifting at least over 10,000,000 albums worldwide that year, but you also have Taylor Swift, who's October album "Red" sold 3.11 millions albums in those two months in the USA alone (Source). It hasn't grown much since then and admittedly isn't overly impressive outside of the UK/USA, but it sold quite well in 2012.

In 2013, he probably was among the best selling artists in the USA that year. It seemed especially in the USA, album sales were at it's lowest in years. According to the IFPI, One Direction's Midnight Memories sold 4 million, Eminem's TMMLP2 sold 3.8 million (in 2 months nonetheless) and then JT's The 20/20 Experience which sold 3.6 million worldwide.

Come 2014, Taylor Swift sold 8.66 million copies of 1989 worldwide (source) and the soundtrack for Frozen sold sold 10 million copies in 2014 according to the IFPI here. Michael was in the Top Ten artists for that year though at #6, no doubt helped by the awesome success that was Xscape!

Finally in 2015, well, Adele sold 3.38 million copies of 25 in the first week in the USA alone. I'm really not going to go further than that, especially given there was no release like Xscape to help Michael get near those numbers.

Look, I don't really doubt that Michael is among the Top 10 (maybe 20-30 at his worst?) best selling artists in each respective year from 2011-2015 and it's very impressive for a dead artist... but highest global selling artist for every year since 2009? You can't deny it for 2009 and 2010 but honestly from 2011 onwards, I really struggle to buy that. I don't know why Billboard wrote that in the new article because, as much as I hate to say it, it just doesn't add up.

Although if you were to only to look at figures from 2009-2016 as a whole and not seperate them year by year, then sure, he has outsold Adele and Taylor Swift. But to be honest, 2009-2016 is a bit of a weird scale (that is shifted in Jackson's favour tbh. Usually you only look at a single year or a decade as a whole for example) and the absolute vast majority of sales he had are skewed to the very first year and a half. Wouldn't call him the best global selling artist of any year this decade except for 2010 perhaps (but I'd need to look into figures for that year first, which I haven't).

Last edited:
Interesting.

I find that weird because Billboard stated in May 2010 that he had sold over 31,000,000 albums since his death [Source] and other articles later in the year stated numbers around 35,000,000 [here].

Which then means, using that new 2016 figure from Billboard, he has sold approximately 8-12 million albums worldwide from June 2010 to January 2016, a period of 5 and a half years, which is an average of approximately 1.54 million - to 2.18 million a year (and that's give or take, obviously some years will sell more than others). That would definitely not make him the best selling artist of the 2011-2015 (for dead artists though? Yeah probably).

Let's go by it year by year.

In 2011, Adele sold 5.82 million copies of 21 in the USA alone (Source). This would go on to sell another 4.41 million copies in the USA by the end of 2012 (Source), becoming one of the few albums to sell the most two years in a row. Of course, I'm not even including places like Europe where by May 2012, it had sold 10,000,000 copies (a very good amount would've been sold in 2011). By the end of 2012, it had sold 25,000,000 albums worldwide (Source) and has gone on to sell another 5-6+ million in the 3 years since. At the end of 2011, it would estimated that Michael had sold 1 million albums in the USA (as opposed to 2 million in 2010 and 8 million in 2009). (Source) He might've sold a couple million more worldwide, but Adele is undoubtedly the winner here.

In 2012, you have Adele shifting at least over 10,000,000 albums worldwide that year, but you also have Taylor Swift, who's October album "Red" sold 3.11 millions albums in those two months in the USA alone (Source). It hasn't grown much since then and admittedly isn't overly impressive outside of the UK/USA, but it sold quite well in 2012.

In 2013, he probably was among the best selling artists in the USA that year. It seemed especially in the USA, album sales were at it's lowest in years. According to the IFPI, One Direction's Midnight Memories sold 4 million, Eminem's TMMLP2 sold 3.8 million (in 2 months nonetheless) and then JT's The 20/20 Experience which sold 3.6 million worldwide.

Come 2014, Taylor Swift sold 8.66 million copies of 1989 worldwide (source) and the soundtrack for Frozen sold sold 10 million copies in 2014 according to the IFPI here. Michael was in the Top Ten artists for that year though at #6, no doubt helped by the awesome success that was Xscape!

Finally in 2015, well, Adele sold 3.38 million copies of 25 in the first week in the USA alone. I'm really not going to go further than that, especially given there was no release like Xscape to help Michael get near those numbers.

Look, I don't really doubt that Michael is among the Top 10 (maybe 20-30 at his worst?) best selling artists in each respective year from 2011-2015 and it's very impressive for a dead artist... but highest global selling artist for every year since 2009? You can't deny it for 2009 and 2010 but honestly from 2011 onwards, I really struggle to buy that. I don't know why Billboard wrote that in the new article because, as much as I hate to say it, it just doesn't add up.

Until another reliable source says otherwise I'm going to believe what I read, and considering MJ's popularity I see no reason to believe it's an impossible feat. :)

Until another reliable source says otherwise I'm going to believe what I read, and considering MJ's popularity I see no reason to believe it's an impossible feat. :)

I mean ya know, never mind the fact I've given multiple reliable sources from not just the agency you used as a reference, but other official chart agencies that prove otherwise.

I did realise at the end (after you quoted my post) that you and Billboard probably meant the past 7 years as a whole and if that's how they wish to present it, then yes, technically it's true. However, like I edited into my post, it's a somewhat unusual timeframe/statistic that I personally feel is somewhat skewed in MJ's favour. Idk, how often do you read articles about the best selling albums from 1979-1986? 1959-1966? The way Billboard wrote that statistic makes it sound like a consistent result over the past 7 years, but it's not. Yes, he technically has sold more albums in that time frame but the absolute vast majority (over 80%) were in the first year since his death, it's completely skewed to the beginning. If you actually look at the data, Michael Jackson simply isn't the best selling artist for the 2011-2015 period.

As much as I love MJ, I'm not gonna be a biased fanboy and ignore the facts haha.

Last edited:
I mean ya know, never mind the fact I've given multiple reliable sources from not just the agency you used as a reference, but other official chart agencies that prove otherwise.

I did realise at the end (after you quoted my post) that you and Billboard probably meant the past 7 years as a whole and if that's how they wish to present it, then yes, technically it's true. However, like I edited into my post, it's a somewhat unusual timeframe/statistic that I personally feel is somewhat skewed in MJ's favour. Idk, how often do you read articles about the best selling albums from 1979-1986? 1959-1966? Sure, he technically has sold more albums in that time frame but the absolute vast majority (over 80%) were in the first year since his death, it's completely skewed to the beginning. If you actually look at the data, Michael Jackson simply isn't the best selling artist for the 2011-2015 period, even if the way Billboard writes the statistic makes it sound like it is.

As much as I love MJ, I'm not gonna be a biased fanboy and ignore the facts haha.

I wouldn't say it's an unusual statistic, and I also wouldn't say I'm being biased.

The articles that you provided are from the past, and the article that I provided is a recent statistic, so perhaps I should've said that i'd need a reliable source to come forth and contest the statistic in the article that I provided instead of simply saying I'd need a reliable source. :)

Also keep in mind that streaming recently became a part of all album sales (which thriller got a large boost from!), and if I can remember correctly Adele doesn't have her music on streaming platforms thus giving Michael an advantage. :)

Additionally, let's be honest, very rarely does MJ get anything skewed in his favor.:)

People seem to hate giving him credit for anything.
It's like trying to get blood from a stone.

I wouldn't say it's an unusual statistic, and I also wouldn't say I'm being biased.

The articles that you provided are from the past, and the article that I provided is a recent statistic, so perhaps I should've said that i'd need a reliable source to come forth and contest the statistic in the article I provided instead of simply saying I'd need a reliable source. :)

That's not really relevant. I gave a few articles from 2010 stating a he had sold 31-35 million worldwide in the 1st year since his death. 5 and a half years later, Billboard reported it was 43 million since his death. If you do the math, like I stated in my original post, that's only 8-12 million worldwide from June 2010 - January 2016. Do the math (like I did in my post up above) and you'll get a relatively rough idea of how much he has sold a year since then.

Also keep in mind that streaming recently became a part of all album sales (which thriller got a large boost from!), and if I can remember correctly Adele doesn't have her music on streaming platforms thus giving Michael and advantage. :)

First part, yes. Second part, nope. 19 and 21 are on Spotify, as well as 2 singles from 25. Currently, she's the 6th most played artist on Spotify (and this is keeping in mind that the vast majority of 25 isn't even on there, which would be drawing even more listeners).

Adele has far more plays on Spotify than Michael Jackson, she has at least 5 songs that are above 100 million plays (one of which is not too far from half a billion plays - Hello). Michael's only song above 100 million plays is Billie Jean. Michael is doing extremely well on Spotify for an older artist, but if anyone has benefitted more from streaming, it's definitely Adele and that's because she is currently more popular on the service than Michael (as to be expected, she's a modern artist).

Additionally, let's be honest very rarely does MJ get anything skewed in his favor.:)

True, but that doesn't mean it's better.

Meh
At this point were going to end up talking in circles.
I'm sure billboard isn't telling lies to make MJ look better.
I believe it, you don't, and that's fine. *shrugs*

2009-2015 is relevant though, Historic.

The point of the Billboard articles is that since his death (in 2009), MJ has sold more, worldwide, than any other artist. That's relevant.

I'm not sure why you are arguing the point quite so much.

[Original reply deleted]

------

TBH while originally editing this, I wrote up a longer post explaining why I interpreted the original statement the way I did and why I reacted accordingly, but realistically most of you don't care and/or aren't probably interested so I'll keep it brief and give it straight up.

I do not take back my comments that he wasn't the best selling artist for 2011 onwards, nor is he among the top few for any of those years (bar 2014), because he simply isn't and I feel that I have posted a fair amount of evidence to prove such a point. I do not feel that being a Michael Jackson fan doesn't mean I cannot argue such points.

My main issue comes with the fact that such statements could potentially carry the implication of a consistent high sales over that period. That was how I interpreted it, I'm not the only one who would've done so and I believe my interpretations are just as valid as everyone else's. However, later thinking about it I realised something. Let's say for argument sake, This Is It was the best selling album from 2009-2016. If they were to say "This Is It was the best selling album of the past 7 years", but it sold most of it's copies in 2009/2010 and thus was not a consistent seller... I wouldn't have an issue with it. Why? I haven't the slightest of clues, which is admittedly somewhat hypocritical. I myself don't really see how such statements largely differ.

Admittedly, I would've been more content had they said "Jackson has consistently sold an estimated 70 percent of his records outside of the U.S., and while the majority of sales occurred in the year after his death, total sales since 2009 have easily surpassed 43 million worldwide. That makes Jackson the No. 1-selling global artist over the past seven years, surpassing such contemporary superstars as Adele and Taylor Swift."

Regardless, for the most part, I retract my arguments. Apart from the fact that I realised if it was something different (e.g. above album example) I wouldn't really blink twice at the statement, I realise that the intended interpretation by the author and other posters on here was that in the sales period of 2009-2015 as a whole, he was the best selling artist... and he is, regardless of how skewed to the first year or two it may be. I recognise that some of you might've interpreted it as an attack on a significant achievement of Michael's, and for that, I apologise.

I'm off to bed. Peace ??

Last edited:
But why is 2011 so important to you, Historic? What happened in 2011?

I repeat. The Billboard article tells us that since MJ's death (important to the music industry as well as MJ fans) in 2009, MJ had sold more albums worldwide than any other artist. Fact.

You seem to argue that most of these sales were in 2009. So what? Most artists release an album and have a year where it peaks. It doesn't stop people stating "so and so had the best selling album of the last 5 years/decade/100 years/etc." Would anyone argue "Ah. But most of so and so's sales were in such and such a year!" I think most normal people wouldn't?

Why does it irk you so much?

Back