October 30, 2007: Michael Jackson News & Mentionings

Do you like reading stuff like this (about "fallen pop star" and "losing Neverland"). Do you think MJ likes it anymore than you do?[/b]

Frankly, to quote Clark Gable, I don't think Michael really gives a damn.

Well get used to it.

When MJ has this 'comeback' guess what...they will STILL say "The fallen popstar is TRYING to make a comeback"....and it doesn't matter how much it sells. They will still say it. Get used to it. People are told to do so. So u will continue to hear it. A so-called 'comeback' won't change that...

BUT ANYWAYS...thats for the OTHER thread. lol

i already know of the news a couple of days ago . news sources say he was not able to meet the deadline set to pay his loan with fortress music trust in the amount of 20M and since his neverlandranch was used as a collateral, he now risks losing it if mj is unable to pay the 20M plus 212,963.83 interest within 90 days. this is on top of another lien on the property by marc schaffel.

i did not post it at once and waited this long to react on it bec. i was trying to sense if anybody has ever picked it up and frankly, i was too sad to post it. michael has too much problems financially and all of these-unpaid legal fees, defaulted loans are real. i don't think he has decided to deliberately lose neverland ranch as some would like to think, he is just cash-strapped-plain and simple. he wouldn't be stupid as to discredit himself by not paying if he has the money.

the only way MJ can get out of his financial quagmire is to make music again. as fans, this is the best way we can help him-- to continue patronizing him. he only has to make music again! we can do the rest![/b]

First of all, I don't think that this loan has anything to do with Fortress. The loan discussed in this "foreclosure" document is with a bank from Delaware. Also, you can't believe everything you read from the media......Marc Schaffel TRIED to get a lien on Neverland but the judge denied his request. Marc Schaffel DOES NOT have a lien on Neverland!

There are property taxes here in the state of California that as a property owner you have to pay, either the taxes are built into your monthly mortgage payment or you still must pay it separately. The lender can also foreclosed on your loans if you are in foreclosure. I pray that he can save it if that is what he has decided to do.[/b]

Not only that but if he got a loan, and used the ranch as a lein, those loans must be paid...otherwise if he doesn't pay, they legally can take the ranch.

My wife and I took out a loan last year to help us consolledate some of our debts into one. We couldn't do it unless we put something of value up as a lein. The only thing we had of value was my car and her truck. We ended up putting the truck as a lein since it's worth more, and we have no intentions of getting rid of it for something new (like we may do with my car). If we miss payments, the bank can come get the truck.

The same could happen to Michael IF the ranch is being used as a lein on a loan

I'm gonnawait for someone who knows what they're talking about to come in here and tell us whats up.

If Michael is at risk of losing the ranch, then its not as though he can sell it, if he hasn't paid off the mortgage or whatever. I thought he owned it outright, but I guess not.

I don't believe jack all about him not being able to make a payment towards his loan with Fortress. The money going into his NH Trust is being directly transfered towards making those loan payments, so I don't see how he could "miss" making those.[/b]

I fully agree with you. One minute, we are being told that Michael has gotten his finances in order.....the next minute, he is on the verge of loosing his beloved Neverland. the highs and lows don't make any since to me. I will have to see it to believe it.

I'm sorry but my opinion still stands that if he SELLS neverland then he's handing the jerk offs exactly what they want.

Of course it is 'just' an estate...but it is something he put his heart and soul into, just like his art. So it'll just be sad if he lets go of it, nonetheless.

However, again, we don't know WHAT exactly is going on. OR how MJ himself feels about it. So I say its a mute issue.

First of all, I don't think that this loan has anything to do with Fortress. The loan discussed in this "foreclosure" document is with a bank from Delaware. Also, you can't believe everything you read from the media......Marc Schaffel TRIED to get a lien on Neverland but the judge denied his request. Marc Schaffel DOES NOT have a lien on Neverland![/b]
Good! We can eliminate him as a threat in this aspect of this deal.

I'm sorry but my opinion still stands that if he SELLS neverland then he's handing the jerk offs exactly what they want.[/b]

Exactly. Sneddon and his cronies will be smiling the day MJ loses Neverland.

I can't believe it has come to this. How can one person go through that much money? :dropdead:

And you guys says he doesn't NEED a comeback. :rolleyes:

see [url=http://www.mjjforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=90575 t=_blank]http://www.mjjforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=90575[/url]

Do you like reading stuff like this (about "fallen pop star" and "losing Neverland"). Do you think MJ likes it anymore than you do?

The comeback is necessary.[/b]

We keep saying "f*ck the media" and the media hammers at people even worse than before. And when people are left to think of what to believe, it usually gets confusing but you know something this so-called "forum family" is actually divided into two sides: either you believe in him or you wanna slap him in the back of his head, lol. I'm actually indifferent: on one hand, I think "he'll pay up" and next I'm like "this fool...", and in the middle, "what has Neverland gotta do with me? Do what you will with it, Michael."

Its hard to want to slap him in the back of the head when we only know the surface of whats going on. We don't really know anything about his fincances or how much money he's gone through.

Well get used to it.

When MJ has this 'comeback' guess what...they will STILL say "The fallen popstar is TRYING to make a comeback"....and it doesn't matter how much it sells. They will still say it. Get used to it. People are told to do so. So u will continue to hear it. A so-called 'comeback' won't change that...

BUT ANYWAYS...thats for the OTHER thread. lol[/b]

Well had it been for two sides not getting along, a CERTAIN album would've "sold more". I just wished the boy keep on doing what he loves...and RELEASES it for God's sakes. I know, I know, he had a trial, yadda, yadda, yadda, but the way things are going, I wish we heard SOMETHING. You know? :lol: No spite against Mike but the brother hasn't really put it out like that since the '90s, sure he's been going through personal b.s. and raising three children - who aren't getting any younger (and you hate me saying that on a MICHAEL JACKSON board but it's the truth), but I think we all hope Michael can get his houses in order, and I'm not talking about Hayvenhurst and Neverland. He's still in need of some healing. Hopefully him going back to the studio brings him peace of mind if nothing else, least I hope it is.

Not only that but if he got a loan, and used the ranch as a lein, those loans must be paid...otherwise if he doesn't pay, they legally can take the ranch.

My wife and I took out a loan last year to help us consolledate some of our debts into one. We couldn't do it unless we put something of value up as a lein. The only thing we had of value was my car and her truck. We ended up putting the truck as a lein since it's worth more, and we have no intentions of getting rid of it for something new (like we may do with my car). If we miss payments, the bank can come get the truck.

So you used your automobiles for collateral. Then the bank will pla a lein on the property thereforre if you do fall behind in paymen as, they will be paid if the forclosure goes through or if Michaels sells, they are sure to be paid.

The same could happen to Michael IF the ranch is being used as a lein on a loan[/b]
Yes! That is so true! And I have been here and I know what it's like. This makes me nervous just thinking about it!

He put out the box set, which had some real gems on it, including some newly recorded songs, songs he recorded during the trial. I say we give the man a break and stop acting like we know shit we don't. We can't judge him or his situation because we don't understand it, plain and simple.

The same could happen to Michael IF the ranch is being used as a lein on a loan[/b]

Damn. So that's how it is. Lord, paying mortgages is a bitch! :no: You have to take loans out on something just to pay the debts that hadn't been owned up. And then you wind up more broke than before and that usually means you have to get three jobs just to make ends meet.

I'm sry timmy but u can't just brush off the trial like that. It's unfair. Ohhhh sure he nearly was put away to jail for 40 years, and had his life and kids almost taken away from him....BUT STILL! He should've been WORKING. Totally unfair.

MJ has NEVER 'put out' like the way your saying. MJ has ALWAYS waited several years for his next LP ON PURPOSE.

Ya'll need to be patient. Obviously MJ observed what happened w/ Invincible with the constant leaks and stuff getting to the public. He doesn't want that. That's why everyone is sworn to secrecy. We will hear about it when he's ready for us to hear about it. MJ is trying to work the publicity train and he's staying quiet for a reason.

No MJ can't stop his biological clock but it's not like he's gotta rush lol. He can't worry about something he can't control like him getting older...and his kids are more important PERIOD. No matter what. He's accomplished a lot in his 40 some years of living. Why rush now???

:lol: Nah, I ain't brushing nothing off. I'm just saying. Nothing will get rid of the negative stigma but Michael wasn't doing any better going everywhere else the way he did. I mean, yeah it was for good causes but shoot, we all "desire to get" the new music, baby. :D

I'm sry timmy but u can't just brush off the trial like that. It's unfair.

MJ has NEVER 'put out' like the way your saying. MJ has ALWAYS waited several years for his next LP ON PURPOSE.

Ya'll need to be patient. Obviously MJ observed what happened w/ Invincible with the constant leaks and stuff getting to the public. He doesn't want that. That's why everyone is sworn to secrecy. We will hear about it when he's ready for us to hear about it. MJ is trying to work the publicity train and he's staying quiet for a reason.

No MJ can't stop his biological clock but it's not like he's gotta rush lol. He can't worry about something he can't control like him getting older...and his kids are more important PERIOD>[/b]

Damn straight. Michael was getting rest by leaving, that was the point in that. He needed that, what was it, Mesereau said he'd lost 20lb. during the trial, he was physically ill, and that's just a small part, the big part was his mental state. I really doubt he's recupporated from that and he probably never fully will.

So the loan is due in Jan 08 eh?

MJ could easily release a new CD in Dec 07 and make that kind of money ..... I think. :unsure:

Damn. So that's how it is. Lord, paying mortgages is a bitch! :no: You have to take loans out on something just to pay the debts that hadn't been owned up. And then you wind up more broke than before and that usually means you have to get three jobs just to make ends meet.[/b]
yup! :doh: it's best and I would think that there is equity in your property. When one refinances their property, you use some of the equity qhich has been built into the property which comes over time in ownership.
Hopefully, NL has some left.

***acting like a giddy Marvin fan***
"HE SHOULD MOVE TO BELGIUM!!!! F**K TAXES! :wild: "

Just kidding. :lol: But seriously, I think this will be less of a burden if he decides to let the guys foreclose on it. But what I can't understand - and I know you guys will give me a history lesson about his money but anyway - is how one man sell over 100 million records and got stock, however percentage of a extensive music catalog and yet ain't found time to pay mortgages on Neverland? I'm sounding like TLC when Lisa Lopes (Left Eye) broke it down how they can sell 10 million records and be broke.[/b]
For one thing, we really don't know about his finances, despite what the likes of Friedchickenhead says and would like peeps to believe. In reality, the truth is always something in between, but I would hope this discussion would not dissolve into what he would've, should've, or could've done when we all just don't know what his situation is, or how he had decided to handle his finances now.

It's clear he has had his problems in the past, but as much as a lot of us don't want to know this or hear about this -- it is what it is. So be it. MJ wouldn't be the first, nor will he be the last to go thru these kinds of things. All we can do is wish him well for the future and look toward it.

Damn. So that's how it is. Lord, paying mortgages is a bitch! :no: You have to take loans out on something just to pay the debts that hadn't been owned up. And then you wind up more broke than before and that usually means you have to get three jobs just to make ends meet.[/b]

Kinda sortof. Usually when you put something up as a lein on a loan, it means you can get the loan...but your credit history is not the greatest. We'll give you our money...but if you default, we take something of value of yours.

9 times out of 10, if you have a good credit history and you request a loan, you'll be approved and not have to put anything up against the loan. That's pretty much how the loan system works here in the US.

And yes it is a bitch. My wife and I tried to get a loan for a home but because of our credit, we have to pay off some debt and try again later. :(

First of all, I don't think that this loan has anything to do with Fortress. The loan discussed in this "foreclosure" document is with a bank from Delaware. Also, you can't believe everything you read from the media......Marc Schaffel TRIED to get a lien on Neverland but the judge denied his request. Marc Schaffel DOES NOT have a lien on Neverland![/b]

Fortress Music Trust,a company dealing with distressed loans, is doing business as DBCG LLC, and it is indeed a Delaware Corp.

If I am mistaken about schaffel, then my apologies...it is as far as i know

Good luck to you and your wife with that Prince of Pop. :flowers:

For one thing, we really don't know about his finances, despite what the likes of Friedchickenhead says and would like peeps to believe. In reality, the truth is always something in between, but I would hope this discussion would not dissolve into what he would've, should've, or could've done when we all just don't know what his situation is, or how he had decided to handle his finances now.

It's clear he has had his problems in the past, but as much as a lot of us don't want to know this or hear about this -- it is what it is. So be it. MJ wouldn't be the first, nor will he be the last to go thru these kinds of things. All we can do is wish him well for the future and look toward it.[/b]

True. To be honest, like I said earlier, I was indifferent to it. I mean, as the "old saying" goes, "Michael can do what he wants". Some are saying "please pay up", some are saying "don't worry", others are saying "RELEASE THE GOD-DAG FRIGGIN' ALBUM!", etc. And some of us are into some other mess that ain't got nothing to do with the topic. :lol:

But at the end of the day, we'll see what happens. To be honest, I really don't know what to think of ANY OF THIS anymore. Still love ya, Mike!

Kinda sortof. Usually when you put something up as a lein on a loan, it means you can get the loan...but your credit history is not the greatest. We'll give you our money...but if you default, we take something of value of yours.

9 times out of 10, if you have a good credit history and you request a loan, you'll be approved and not have to put anything up against the loan. That's pretty much how the loan system works here in the US.

And yes it is a bitch. My wife and I tried to get a loan for a home but because of our credit, we have to pay off some debt and try again later. :([/b]

Sorry to hear all of that, hopefully things will work out for y'all. :flowers:

I pray this issue is resolved quickly and the sale of his new projects will help him pay of his depts so he can stay out of the courtrooms and get back on stage. I know I will buy everything he puts out! :yes:

I pray this issue is resolved quickly and the sale of his new projects will help him pay of his depts so he can stay out of the courtrooms and get back on stage. I know I will buy everything he puts out! :yes:[/b]

THAT'S THE SPIRIT! :D

:lol:

Back