Official Behind the Mask video leak?

just a little thought

today after the video leaked a friend of mine commented that they believe the reason this video wasn't released was due to it had a believer element to it - meaning the guy in cloak and mask. and guess what? she was right. now the hoax believers are finding "clues" in this video.

Those people can find a "clue" in just about anything.:rofl:

It doesn't sound like a realistic reason, tbh. They released questionable songs when half of the fandom was screaming "fake!" and then they didn't release an expensive stylish video just because it would give clues to a bunch of crazies? Hm, I don't think so. Legal issues or something like that seems much more likely.

It doesn't sound like a realistic reason, tbh. They released questionable songs when half of the fandom was screaming "fake!" and then they didn't release an expensive stylish video just because it would give clues to a bunch of crazies? Hm, I don't think so. Legal issues or something like that seems much more likely.

Yep, that doesn't really make sense. They had a lot more to worry about than just a small handful of conspiracy theorists.

just a little thought

today after the video leaked a friend of mine commented that they believe the reason this video wasn't released was due to it had a believer element to it - meaning the guy in cloak and mask. and guess what? she was right. now the hoax believers are finding "clues" in this video.

Highly unlikely. Those conspiracy crazies will find "clues" in anything. They were doing it before Behind The Mask and they've been doing it since. If that were really the case then why commission the filming of the video in the first place? These things are story boarded and vetted by the estate before any film is shot.

I really don't think the estate are going to throw money away like that because of what a tiny minority of people on the internet that are not taken seriously anyway might think.

I wasn't part of the fan community back then, and didn't follow any news of any kind. So I may we missing something here but...

The songs must have been released BEFORE people started claiming it wasn't Michael singing. How would they know people would start saying that? (Unless you believe that story, then from that perspective they would already know what they did wrong)

So it makes sense since the "Michael isn't singing" theory hadn't been created yet, and they already knew about the hoax believers.

Or it could be as simple as liking the nature and concept of the chosen version-- or maybe a combination of both.

Lark

Last edited:
I wasn't part of the fan community back then, and didn't follow any news of any kind. So I may we missing something here but...

The songs must have been released BEFORE people started claiming it wasn't Michael singing. How would they know people would start saying that? (Unless you believe that story, then from that perspective they would already know what they did wrong)

So it makes sense since the "Michael isn't singing" theory hadn't been created yet, and they already knew about the hoax believers.

Lark

It's a bit more complicated than that but you should come to the album debate thread to discuss it. But let me just say, there were serious questions about those songs months before they were released.

Re: Official Behind the Mask video leaked?

WoW!! Thanks Dorian. I'm glad I got to see this video
It's some kind of different. I felt the flutter of a butterfly in my stomach each time
I realized an image of MJ in various places. WoW!

Who the hell is that blowing that sax?!

My pc is trippin' :ermm:

I actually think it's pretty cool - I like both versions :)

How was Hollywood Tonight's music video received by the fans ? If Hollywood Tonight was poorly received by the fans, maybe MJ's Estate thought it would've been better to scrap this one and work on one that would be better received by the fans - a music video that actually involved them.

Just a thought ?

Michael actually wanted BOTDF to be an EP, not a complete album. Sony pushed him to fill it up with those rediculous remixes.
Although I have all the CD Singels, I can't stand listening to those remixes. The Hani mixes on earth song for example. Man how you can kill a song.

Good find on the video!

This version is much better than Hold My Hand, Hollywood Tonight and the Behind The Mask Project videos...
The Estate did a bad job not releasing a great video like this one

In defense of those remixes from the HIStory and BOTDF eras, did a lot for Michael in Europe during that time.

Now to find a working link for this video...

*edit* Seen it. Best posthumous video to date, hands down. Wrong decision (again!) to switch to that fan video.

Last edited:
I found:
090943kbxd8x8jfc8zckk8.jpg

You can tell they spent a considerable amount of money making that video. It's just odd they choose to release that fan-based, amateur looking one to put out instead. I hope we learn why they did that, because right now it makes no sense.

Unbelievable they didn't release this one. This clip is stunning, I'm lost for words

Impressions like this ones are so so cool!

great find, thank you so much mkgenie!

This video is amazing, million times better than released one. But I understand why they did that. They knew the promotion of the album is over. They scrapped everything, they had plans to release Monster as a single too and maybe The Way You Love Me. But when they saw that no one cares about that album because of the mistakes they did, they stopped promoting it. They realised that they would have much more problems in the future if they continued to promote that album (especially if they released fake song as a single). So they just stopped everything and moved on.

But the video itself is great.. Anyone have download link?

B&W: What do you think of the remixes they did of your songs?
MJ: The least I can say is that I don't like them...I don't like it that they come in and change my songs completely, (*Dear Michael, I don't like it either....poor baby!*) But Sony says that the kids love remixes...

B&W: That is not true! The kids don't love the remixes that much, especially those on BOTDF!
MJ: I knew it! I was sure!
Throwing a fist in the air, then he shakes his head sighing

http://maljas.republika.pl/wywiady/bw.html

I don't think MJ was fully against remixes. In the interview he says that he hates when they change his songs completely.
I suppose he was ok with then as long as the original song was loud and clear:)

If MJ didn't like remixes, I would have thought he would have fought against them to putting them to his albums, and certainly he didn't want to compromise his art (albums).

WoW!! Thanks Dorian. I'm glad I got to see this video
It's some kind of different. I felt the flutter of a butterfly in my stomach each time
I realized an image of MJ in various places.
WoW!

Who the hell is that blowing that sax?!

My pc is trippin' :ermm:

Unbelievable they didn't release this one. This clip is stunning, I'm lost for words

Impressions like this ones are so so cool!

great find, thank you so much mkgenie!

That's exactly what I'm talking about! And all those like it. Really cool.

Thanks a lot Mkgenie! And Dorian and Maviefly too!

And thank you again Ms. Qbee for your help in resolving my posting issue. :)

Maybe they released the other one trying to appease the fans? Maybe?

I like it! It's pretty cool for a posthumous video.
Man, how did they screw up the Michael Project!

Anyone know the password to that part of the forum to see this video?

DJ_OXyGeNe_8;3879220 said:
Actually didn't like it. Michael wasn't a clubber, he didn't make club music. This concept is out of Michael.. In a Michael video, I want to see Michael himself.

So if they release new videos, they have to use unseen footage from his concerts, shows..

It's still better than the other one, but it's not Michael's style.

Thanks. It's better than the fan made version but I don't find it as great as many here. It's still a not too good video compared to Michael standards IMO. Clubbing, people/fans dancing to MJ's music... I don't expect them posthumusly top the videos MJ did in his lifetime, but they should be a bit more creative than this in my opinion. I don't want to see more videos with fans dancing or people clubbing to Michael's music. So cliché. I want something more creative. And yes, footage about Michael!

I have to say the best posthumus "video" so far was that unofficially released duet with Barry Gibb. Just simple studio footage of Michael and Barry recording the song, but it tops every video the Estate did so far.

respect77;3879797 said:
Thanks. It's better than the fan made version but I don't find it as great as many here. It's still a not too good video compared to Michael standards IMO. Clubbing, people/fans dancing to MJ's music... I don't expect them posthumusly top the videos MJ did in his lifetime, but they should be a bit more creative than this in my opinion. I don't want to see more videos with fans dancing or people clubbing to Michael's music. So cliché. I want something more creative. And yes, footage about Michael!

I have to say the best posthumus "video" so far was that unofficially released duet with Barry Gibb. Just simple studio footage of Michael and Barry recording the song, but it tops every video the Estate did so far.

All In Your Name was officially released by Barry Gibb. He had the studio footage of him and MJ recording the song. Estate had nothing for Hold My Hand, Hollywood and this one. In my opinion this video is by far better than Hold My Hand video and maybe even better than Hollywood video which was ok.

Back