Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

Has Anybody Seen Hitsdailydouble.com they are confusing me this week the have updated there site with the same charts positions from last week Makes Me Wonder Could Michael have really been number 1

Get a life or your medicines.

lol, no offense but you sound like a hater in disguise...

Get my medicines? that's not even a sentence first off. Who the hell do you think you are to tell me to get a life. I respect all opinions on this forum as you should, and i did NOTHING to deserve that. What's so wrong with what i said , i stated the facts and my personal opinion. YES I'm disappointed with the numbers of this album(opinion) , as are many other fans as well. With all the potential and great songs it had it didn't get the number 1 spot or the recognition it deserved (fact). Secondly don't you DARE tell me i sound like a hater, i was simply expressing that i was sad that the album didn't do AS good as it should have. I even made it clear when i said "i miss michael" so how on EARTH do i sound like a hater? neither of you have ANY right to say such a thing and should apologize. Yes Im happy with the international number one but as a passionate fan i WAS expecting for it to generate higher chart rankings(opinion). Get your facts straight before you start telling me to get my "medicines".

Last edited:
Dont know how legit this is...

Album Chart
week 52 / 2010 - January 1
the top-selling albums according to global
sales figures and national album charts
issue date: December 23, 2010
copyright (C) 2010 - all rights reserved

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

jackson-michael-michael.jpg
01.jpg
new.JPG
Michael Jackson - MichaelEpic - 734.000 - 1 week at No.1 - Hot Shot Debut
arrow.GIF
02.jpg
1 / 2
week 6
Susan Boyle - The Gift
platina.gif
Syco Music / Columbia - 455.000
arrow.GIF
03.jpg
2 / 4
week 5
Take That - ProgressPolydor - 414.000
arrow.GIF
04.jpg
3 / 5
week 5
Rihanna - Loud
Def Jam - 409.000 -
Largest Sales Increase
arrow.GIF
05.jpg
5 / 6
week 8
Taylor Swift - Speak Now
platina.gif
Big Machine - 320.000
arrow.GIF

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Album Chart

01.jpg
new.JPG
arrow.GIF
02.jpg
1 / 2
week 6
Susan Boyle - The Gift
platina.gif
arrow.GIF
03.jpg
2 / 4
week 5
arrow.GIF
04.jpg
3 / 5
week 5
Rihanna - Loud
Def Jam - 409.000 -
Largest Sales Increase
arrow.GIF
05.jpg
5 / 6
week 8
Taylor Swift - Speak Now
platina.gif
Big Machine - 320.000
arrow.GIF

L.o.v.e.
Romi
THat Would Really Be Something Amazing

Exactly.

Number one isn't everything. It would still be nice for him to hit #1 even after the Holidays, but let's not go crazy over it.

The preliminary hearing starts in a week....

Great numbers for Michael...barely a drop in its 2nd week. No buts about it....

You feel empty because the album isn't #1 in the US & UK..? Ok...

nope never said that , i feel empty because michael is not here with us a anymore to make his album a huge success. And that's my own opinion so you don't have to worry or comment about it.

Last edited:
thanks alot bro , that was my initial reaction too. He took it to the next level for no reason.

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. Your post was just so childish. It sounded like Michael is your life and you get so frustrated like it's the end of the world if he is not right away #1. Why do you even get 'frustrated'? Why don't you just enjoy his music? If he is #1, #2 or #3 doesn't really change his music.

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. Your post was just so childish. It sounded like Michael is your life and you get so frustrated like it's the end of the world if he is not right away #1. Why do you even get 'frustrated'? Why don't you just enjoy his music? If he is #1, #2 or #3 doesn't really change his music.

Michael Jackson is not my life but he is a HUGE part of my life. I don't think its childish to express sadness for your idols amazing album being overshadowed at ALL. I know it does not change his music but that's far far from the point. If any other michael album for example "bad" or "dangerous" sold poorly didnt generate the sales expected , A LOT of fans would also be frustrated so try and understand where I'm coming from. But yeah i guess i am over reacting a little bit and hes not here to promote it so i accept your apology. Enough of this now.

Album Chart

01.jpg
new.JPG
arrow.GIF
02.jpg
1 / 2
week 6
Susan Boyle - The Gift
platina.gif
arrow.GIF
03.jpg
2 / 4
week 5
arrow.GIF
04.jpg
3 / 5
week 5
Rihanna - Loud
Def Jam - 409.000 -
Largest Sales Increase
arrow.GIF
05.jpg
5 / 6
week 8
Taylor Swift - Speak Now
platina.gif
Big Machine - 320.000
arrow.GIF

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Yeah its a good number ! But this is out since 4 days lol

WHO THE HELL BUYS THIS TTs ALBUM???

I listened to this album 2x and ... its so ordinary repeating electronic pop..., most of the songs are similar, I really dont understand the taste of the British.
Once there was the Oasis wave now Take That....:doh:

This isn't as baffling (to me) as Americans buying Taylor Swift like crazy. At least Take That have some talent - they can carry a tune at the very least. Taylor Swift on the other hand.......

Topflux;3159463 said:

I don’t think his post was childish, as humans we all get frustrated including I’m sure yourself so that question is not appropriate, rather it should have been understood on your own but since it wasn’t, allow me explain. I think the issue here is that we have certain 'levels' of fan ship here on this forum. Fans who take disappointing sales and/or insults at MJ very emotionally upsetting and perhaps personal because they feel MJ was/is a part their lives to fans who are not as passionate/attached but still enjoy his music and everything in between. I don't think it’s necessary or right to put someone down just because you feel they have a different opinion, different fans feel different about these topics and that is the reason to vent frustrations and opinions on here , after all this is what the forum is for. With that being said you know what I consider childish? Comments like "hater in disguise" and "get a life or your medicine" because you feel his comments dare to go against how you feel.

The other part of your question where you ask why it matters if he is #1, 2 or 3, let me answer your question with a question. Would you want your child, brother or sister to finish first in a sporting event while so many others are watching from the bleachers and would you not feel a sense of pride that your loved one just finished first? Of course you would and that’s because you have an emotional attachment to your child or family member. You would obviously appreciate them and love them the same regardless of what position they finished but you definitely would prefer if they did best, same concept goes here, MJ is not family but to a lot of us MJ fans he was more than simply an entertainer, he was a part of our lives, he inspired us, made us better people and lived/lives in us. So it is what it is, we get a little frustrated when we see our beloved idol not reaching the top the way he always did and wanted. Is it the end of the world ? Ofcoarse not, we will enjoy his music the same loving way even if he debuts in last position but on the flipside we also like to see his legacy live on.

"Michael" is #6 in Norway this week. New peak:D

...and Vision is #1 on the music DVD chart for the fourth week in a row.

Last edited:
People are focused about sales but MJ has already established himself as the greatest artist of all time, music sadly is not about quality anymore, its about promotion.

In Australia our X-Factor winner (Alytin Childs) debuted No.4 while MJ debuted No.10 in the same week. Childs sold 30,000 while MJ sold 14,000. The thing is though, Childs album was primarily all his covers from the show and his debut song (which one of the judges openly admitted was shit). How much thought did he put into his record? The songs were all covers, his first single was written for him, he sang each song the same way we've heard it. That isn't an ARTist. Rihanna has all his music written for her, that's not an artist. Susan Boyle, Justin Bieber...

People bought it though, because he was on the highest rated program for around 10 weeks, no one even knew MJ's album came out, thats how pathetic promotion was down here.

Also, Kanye's album didn't even outsell Boyle's or Swifts and music critics (and I) agree its probably the best album of the year, some phenomenal songs on it.

Bottom line is, MJ gave everyone everything he had, the only people who can make a quick buck are those that can be backed by heavy television promotion. Music is not about the art anymore, no one cares how good music is, or how much of it is YOURS (how much thought the actual artist put into their art), if you are popular and on TV you'll be listened too (Justin Bieber, Susan Boyle, Rihanna)

It's a sad state for music and it's only saviour is dead. Kudos to Eminem, Kanye, Swift, Gaga and the old rock bands for trying though..

I suggest from the Michael album you listen to
track 4: "I Like the Way You Love Me" and then track 6: "Best of Joy"
and afterwards you won't give a damn about the music charts anymore.
angel3l.gif
JUST LISTEN AND ENJOY A HEAVENLY BLESSING.
angel3r.gif

I know you're right but I just can't help it, I'm so competitive and I always want Michael to "win", so to speak =)

Michael Jackson is not my life but he is a HUGE part of my life. I don't think its childish to express sadness for your idols amazing album being overshadowed at ALL. I know it does not change his music but that's far far from the point. If any other michael album for example "bad" or "dangerous" sold poorly didnt generate the sales expected , A LOT of fans would also be frustrated so try and understand where I'm coming from. But yeah i guess i am over reacting a little bit and hes not here to promote it so i accept your apology. Enough of this now.

I know 'Bad' and 'Dangerous' and every studio album after them debuted #1 in USA and UK, but I still believe albums can climb nowadays like they did before Bad. For example 'Off The Wall' peaked in USA on its 25th WEEK. It was like half a year after its release. It went #3. Before that it had been out of top 10 over ten of its chart weeks and had debuted #48 and the second week it climbed #23. 'Thriller' went #1 on its 10th week in USA and first two weeks were #11.

It says only 22.24% in... But its the same # from last week...

CHART DATE: 12/27/2010 LAST UPDATE: 12/28/2010 12:37:08 NOW IN: 22.24%
s_shad.gif
blank.gif
LWTWartist / albumlabelpower index 2 1TAYLOR SWIFTBIG MACHINE254,996 SPEAK NOW 1 2SUSAN BOYLECOLUMBIA251,002 THE GIFT -- 3MICHAEL JACKSONEPIC224,910 MICHAEL 5 4JACKIE EVANCHOCOLUMBIA196,668 O HOLY NIGHT 3 5GLEE CASTCOLUMBIA154,075 CHRISTMAS ALBUM

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Back