Official Statement From The Estate Of Michael Jackson To The Fans

Re: Official Message From The Estate Of Michael Jackson To The Fans

If we are the judge then they should put a voting contest on mj.com so we can vote!

Lol, an on-line poll would not be reliable, as it would not only attract the fans ;-)

And do you think there is a chance of us fans agreeing about such a thing??

I think so yeah, cause even the people who definitely believed it was MJ on BN, don't really extremely like it much though, do they? If they do.....omg.

How about his brother Jackie? His mother and father? His children? His sister? His FANS??

Personlly i could not care less about them,
they were mad especially 3T felt like they were betrayed by Michael
when he did not record with them but recorded with The Cascios
It feels like The Jacksons all over again, remember when Michael didnt wanna perform with them back in the 80s and Michael wanted to go solo, because he loved them they were his brothers but he needed something bigger and thats why he had to continue on his own.
and 3T lets be honest since the 90s they have never managed to produce anything good
so why would Michael lower himself to their standards.

Not informing is not lying, we have no clue how the song was going to be presented on the album?? as I've said before they might have chosen to credit it as MJ featuring?

they lied because they said is an 100% michael jackson song

and I am talking about THIS VERSION

I'm sure all this experts are right. The voice in the RAW VOCALS they heard (as is said in the statement) is Michael Jackson's voice.

My problem is "Breaking news", the song they give us, not this RAW DEMO. Let us hear the original one!

Agreed! We're not talking about the same version of the song, so basically their point is not valid.

i dont want to play devils advocate but here i go

we were all excited about the new song and understandably when we heard it was a surprise to us all. But everyone was so quick to criticise and condem the track. Since Michael is not here and we now have a statement from the estate we need to believe that they have his best interest at heart, and the fact its illeagal what sony were accused of.

I believe that this is the way forward and i personally dont agree with the amount of hatred and criticism that has been shown on this board relating breaking news and it should not be tolerated. The track is good and michael could have been using that time in 2007 to try out new techniques or new styles etc ? if the fans wanted michael song the we knew him, they could have given us another greatest hits... which im sure many would have complained about also.

for me i like the song and i have embraced it :) roll on the album now is all i can say yay !

Last edited:

I think so yeah, cause even the people who definitely believed it was MJ on BN, don't really extremely like it much though, do they? If they do.....omg.

Oh, I think you are wrong about that, and I personally love it :punk: it's a great track....

i really like, it reminds me of Dangerous (probably teddy rileys production) and tabloid junkie/ 2bad, it has a 'Michael' sound to me, obviously the majority dont agree with me and i dont want to argue with people im just stating what I feel when I listen to it, I feel Michael, maybe not Michael at his best but I feel Michael.

Anti-'Michael' campaigners - led by L.T.D - holding up the placards and singing loudly;

"We demand a statement! We demand a statement! We demand a statement!"

30 seconds after reading the official statement (backed up by Michael's closest, my worked with colleagues;

"We don't believe the statement! We don't believe the statement! We don't believe the statement!"

You couldn't make it up could you!?

ROFL!

they lied because they said is an 100% michael jackson song

and I am talking about THIS VERSION

Well, having someone else singing with him would not make it less of an MJ song, at least not IMHO....

I'm sure all this experts are right. The voice in the RAW VOCALS they heard (as is said in the statement) is Michael Jackson's voice.

My problem is "Breaking news", the song they give us, not this RAW DEMO. Let us hear the original one!

I think you are onto something.

Listen to some interviews or trial depositions. He did speak at himself in third person. He said quite few times, 'Michael Jackson' , when talking about him as star/institution/brand. It looked as if he was another person commenting on Michael Jackson.

I remember because first when I heard, I laughed my a*s off. It sounded so odd for me! LOL

It does not mean that he saw him as self important, but means more that he was very capable to detach his inner self, from the brand Michael Jackson.

Thank You. lol. People are truly grasping at straws here lol. OK those lyrics are a bit funny, BUT people need to stop acting like they were inside MJ's head (when he was creating/collaborating on this) and know what he would or wouldn't do/write.

Also, for those saying "it's not the kind of style he'd go with" or sentiments of that nature (again...grasping at straws) do you NOT own or listen to Dangerous, History, and especially INVINCIBLE?

Ok, maybe it is MJ then on BN and Monster, which i find very hard to believe.
Why? Because i don't like the sound at ALL! This cannot be on a K.O.P. album, just can't!

It's not his sound and way of making songs, listen to al his own songs, this doesn't even comes close to that!!

I am sorry for the Cascio's but i don't want their tracks on MICHAEL period!

OOoh yeah, i don't care if it's the Estate that comes wtih this statement. I still won't believe that the mainvocals are MJ's!
I'm sorry it just makes me sad to hear MJ like this...;(

See exactly like i thought
you said you didnt like the way it sounds thats why you wont believe is michael

Get real and move on if you dont like how he sounds, then maybe listen to Lady Gaga or somebody else.

So what they are saying is, it's definitely Michael on the lead vocals? The 'I'm Michael Jackson....' parts, and the very fast parts in the begin are all him? Why doesn't it sound anything like him then? The tone of that voice...he did that in several other songs, and it never sounded like this.

Listen to some interviews or trial depositions. He did speak at himself in third person. He said quite few times, 'Michael Jackson' , when talking about him as star/institution/brand. It looked as if he was another person commenting on Michael Jackson.

I remember because first when I heard, I laughed my a*s off. It sounded so odd for me! LOL

It does not mean that he saw him as self important, but means more that he was very capable to detach his inner self, from the brand Michael Jackson.
i saw those. detaching himself and sounding self important are two different things. what he did at those depositions is nothing like this self important lyric.

That's all they need do - play us the raw demo - but I don't think we'll ever hear it. The contrast between it and the 'finished' song would be laughable.

So what they are saying is, it's definitely Michael on the lead vocals? The 'I'm Michael Jackson....' parts, and the very fast parts in the begin are all him? Why doesn't it sound anything like him then? The tone of that voice...he did that in several other songs, and it never sounded like this.

I think it's more like as outlined in this blog post (not written by me): http://muzikfactorytwo.blogspot.com/2010/11/breaking-news-vocals-disected-waccurate.html

Except minus even more MJ.

Anti-'Michael' campaigners - led by L.T.D - holding up the placards and singing loudly;

30 seconds after reading the official statement (backed up by Michael's closest, my worked with colleagues;

"We don't believe the statement! We don't believe the statement! We don't believe the statement!"

ROFL!

Oh,......you again.....

Mister i believe everything they throw at me, and what not...sigh. Why don't you just tell me this. They claim it's Michael, and there's a demo and/or acapella, why not let everybody hear it? THAT is proof/evidence, not this.

See exactly like i thought
you said you didnt like the way it sounds thats why you wont believe is michael

Get real and move on if you dont like how he sounds, then maybe listen to Lady Gaga or somebody else.

WTF?!
Let me get this straight booooy...IT AIN'T MIKE!
Yes, i don't like the sound and the poor production!
The day i will listen to Gaga, hell freezes over!!

it's not Michael singing on breaking news, please people don't be fooled

That's all they need do - play us the raw demo - but I don't think we'll ever hear it. The contrast between it and the 'finished' song would be laughable.
lol yes it would be...it was in an "unreleaseable state" before Teddy was brought in...

WTF?!
Let me get this straight booooy...IT AIN'T MIKE!
Yes, i don't like the sound and the poor production!

Ok, lets put the production and whether we like the song or not aside... You guys can hear 2 voices, right? Please... You can tell that the main singer is not Michael, right? *worries*

ROFL!

What's even funnier is I made a thread mentioning this (amongst odd 'fan' behaviour) and it was locked within a matter of minutes.

It seems some fans value their own self importants and need to be right (how could they possibly be wrong!?!?) over accepting what on the face of it seems to be a perfectly accurate press release from the estate.

Next they will be claiming the Jackson estate has been taken over by evil robots or shapeshifting aliens...

lol yes it would be...it was in an "unreleaseable state" before Teddy was brought in...

Exactly. And then it would change to 'We did have to have another singer sing OVER the main vocal to reinforce the sound quality...'

I am so confused, I don't know what to think anymore. I feel like my head is going to explode. Gah!

Thank You. lol. People are truly grasping at straws here lol. OK those lyrics are a bit funny, BUT people need to stop acting like they were inside MJ's head (when he was creating/collaborating on this) and know what he would or wouldn't do/write.

Also, for those saying "it's not the kind of style he'd go with" or sentiments of that nature (again...grasping at straws) do you NOT own or listen to Dangerous, History, and especially INVINCIBLE?

yes i have all three albums, and that's not happening there. at the deposition, he was forced to be there, asked leading questions he had to answer, and did, humbly. this lyric is volunteered, and i'm not inside MJ's head. the lyric speaks for itself. and Invincible where someone says he's not recognizable, is not self aggrandizing.
if you gotta go at other fans to make your point, that's kinda reaching and suspect. you make your decision, but don't belittle other fans. i'm not making commentary on you, because you don't agree with me. give me the same courtesy. that seems to be the trend on here.

Last edited:

I think it's more like as outlined in this blog post (not written by me): http://muzikfactorytwo.blogspot.com/2010/11/breaking-news-vocals-disected-waccurate.html

Except minus even more MJ.

Very good article, but they keep believing it's Malachi? Not sure i agree about the lyrics, they think the bold parts were MJ, i'm not sure. I was surprised to read that about Sony, i never knew Michael stayed anti-Sony till his dying day.

Exactly. And then it would change to 'We did have to have another singer sing OVER the main vocal to reinforce the sound quality...'
Only in your head would the statement ever change to that lol

Back