Official Taylor Swift appreciation thread

“I Can See You (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault)” from the new album ‘Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)’

5m 6s

"Taylor Swift has emerged as a cultural icon of extraordinary influence. Swiftposium is a hybrid academic conference for scholars to engage in critical dialogue about Swift’s popularity and its profound implications for a range of issues including gender, fandom, popular culture, literature, the economy, the music industry, and more. Swiftposium has been collaboratively organised by scholars from seven universities across Australia and New Zealand."

I just purchased tickets to see her show in the cinema Oct 14, looking forward to it! The Eras tour is coming to Toronto in 2024 but I don't think I want to try and purchase tickets for that as I hear it's quite the hassle. Seeing in the theatre is good enough for me at this point :D

I just purchased tickets to see her show in the cinema Oct 14, looking forward to it! The Eras tour is coming to Toronto in 2024 but I don't think I want to try and purchase tickets for that as I hear it's quite the hassle. Seeing in the theatre is good enough for me at this point :D
Some of the fan footage I've seen is awesome so the official thing is bound to be off-the-chart. That trailer for the film is beautiful. At least you know you'll get a fabulous view and you'll be able to see everything. I don't follow Taylor but I did catch a very early fan upload from one of her American shows where she did Death By A Thousand Cuts and the audience joined in with the bridge. Then Taylor got them to do it all over again, lol. I don't know if she always does that but it worked brilliantly. Sadly, the original upload got taken down. Other people uploaded their versions but the filming wasn't as good so that was a shame. I'm wondering if that bit will make it into the official film. 🤔

Beyoncé
news1210_GettyImages-1730942892.jpg

I've noticed before that I like those Taylor songs that I've heard randomly, but never really listened to her specifically. Decided to rectify that and found that I like pretty much everything I hear😍 😯. Did a little reading about her. Her achievement is impressive too. A wonderful example of talent and hard work. One fact struck me. I was shocked she was boycotted by her own fans! This: "... Was the reason for the boycott of the new release by the singer's fans. Three days after the record's release, it was announced that it had sold 33 copies in the U.S., with no chart entries for the week." 😯😯😯😯
And she's been with Sony for a while, too.

TTPD is growing on me. She writes so beautifully, this is pure poetry. I feel the music and production took a backseat to the lyrics but this is great story telling. I’m a fan for sure !

TTPD is growing on me. She writes so beautifully, this is pure poetry. I feel the music and production took a backseat to the lyrics but this is great story telling. I’m a fan for sure !
I haven't listened to any of it yet. I saw some lyrics that weren't great but others I've seen are wonderful. Sounds like her storytelling (which is why I like her) is still hitting the mark.

I loved her comment ... 'And now the story isn’t mine anymore… it’s all yours'.

I liked Taylor's early music; most of her first four albums were very good. But once she went to the pop side, I quickly lost interest. A lot of pop artists (especially women) are made into one-sided sex objects, and I thought Taylor deserved better.

Back