Open General discussion - Katherine Jackson vs AEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Michael didn’t want to be around the family too much because he didn’t want them to see him like that,” Randy Jackson said. “He was hiding from me.”

No randy the reason why michael wouldnt see u and the family is cause he was sick n tired of your bull ish lies & pressure!

Keep beliving on your lies randy but in the end u look delusional all the same

IMO a sibling or another witness is going to have to call Randy out. Where were Jermaine, Jackie and Latoya at these interventions?

What about Marlo where was he at the time these took place?

Do anyone think their really did a interventions with Michael or try to do one?

Last edited:
^^Gee thanks. I saw someone write AEG will start their case, and I began to wonder why, when they already started before.

Ivy what did Jermaine say about the hospital visit. Do you remember?

I am not satisfied with today. I don't know what Panish said or what Putnam said during the deposition. I wish I had a spy in court.

Vocals are irrelevant here. He lips that performance most of the time anyway.

No it wasn't

Sorry for going off topic here but Billie Jean was mostly sung live. Victory, Bad and Dangerous tours it was all live. HIStory Tour was the only tour it was lip synced

I think Jackie and Marlon are out. They did not have any drug talk. AEG is only interested in the siblings who had intervention stories or who got a lot of money and help from Michael.

I think Jackie and Marlon are out. They did not have any drug talk. AEG is only interested in the siblings who had intervention stories or who got a lot of money and help from Michael.

What bout tito?

^^ These are the Jacksons I saw on the possible witness list:

Janet Jackson / Jermaine Jackson / Joe Jackson / Katherine Jackson / Latoya Jackson/ Prince Jackson/ Paris Jackson / Randy Jackson / Rebbie Jackson / TJ Jackson / Tito Jackson

No it wasn't

Sorry for going off topic here but Billie Jean was mostly sung live. Victory, Bad and Dangerous tours it was all live. HIStory Tour was the only tour it was lip synced

Ok, but in his later years it's been mostly lipped, including MSG

Janet Jackson / Jermaine Jackson / Joe Jackson / Katherine Jackson / Latoya Jackson/ Prince Jackson/ Paris Jackson / Randy Jackson / Rebbie Jackson / TJ Jackson / Tito Jackson

Going on a limb and say that Latoya will be the wildcard

That clear that up. AEG whole case is about Michael's drugs use and the secert he kept from all the doctors that he saw.

Well i think with randy mentiong tito in his deposition tito will defintely get called imo

If Randy and company were so concerned about MJ why didn't they ever approach the doctors that were treating him? they knew of Klein, Metzger and Hoefflin. Why not go to them and say hey Mike needs help and you all are over medicating and over operating on him and we need an intervention. Did any member in that family ever approach MJ's physicians that they knew to help MJ get help?:bugeyed

If Randy and company were so concerned about MJ why didn't they ever approach the doctors that were treating him? they knew of Klein, Metzger and Hoefflin. Why not go to them and say hey Mike needs help and you all are over medicating and over operating on him and we need an intervention. Did any member in that family ever approach MJ's physicians that they knew to help MJ get help?:bugeyed

Cuz they didnt care for michael at all in truth , its all bout the $$$ to them

That what their should have done.

:no:
scream-michael-jackson-music-videos-15316498-315-240.gif
*big sigh*

Did any member in that family ever approach MJ's physicians that they knew to help MJ get help?:bugeyed

I keep saying what I have said from the beginning: Michael was completely alone. No one was there for him. The family did not care for him ... BUT they care about his money :perrin: this is the sad reality. :cry: *big sigh*

more info new parts in bold

Randy Jackson Testifies About Prescription Drug Concerns At AEG Trial
August 9, 2013 7:33 PM

Share on email 1
View Comments(credit: FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP/Getty Images)
(credit: FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP/Getty Images)
Filed Under

Entertainment, Local, News
Related Tags

AEG Live, Drug Concerns, Jury, Michael Jackson, Randy Jackson
Top Features

CBSLA iPhone AppYourDay for iPhone and Android
CBSLA Text Alerts
Back To School: Features, News & PhotosFollow Us On Twitter
LOS ANGELES (CBS/AP) — A jury heard videotaped testimony Friday from Randy Jackson, who described more than half a dozen interventions his family attempted to try to get Michael Jackson to stop taking prescription medications.

Randy Jackson, the pop superstar’s younger brother, said several of his siblings were involved in the efforts, and they occasionally brought interventionist doctors to try to convince their brother to go into rehab. The superstar always refused and kept his family at a distance in the final years of his life, Jackson said.

His one hour and twenty minute videotaped testimony was played for jurors by lawyers for AEG Live LLC, which is being sued by Jackson’s mother, Katherine. She claims the company negligently hired the doctor convicted of giving the “Thriller” singer a lethal overdose of an anesthetic in June 2009.

AEG denies it hired the physician, Conrad Murray, and its attorneys have said Jackson made choices that led to his death. Their case has already featured testimony from several medical professionals who treated the singer, including one who gave him an implant to block the effects of opiate drugs.

Randy Jackson says the interventions took place in various locations including New York, Las Vegas, Jackson’s Neverland Ranch and Taiwan and dated back to the mid-1990s.

Reporting for CBS2, Randy Paige said Randy Jackson testified that he and his siblings staged at least seven interventions.

He said almost every time he tried to intercede it was after a call from a nanny who cared for Michael Jackson’s children and told him the singer was over using prescription drugs. He said he never saw his brother take drugs but twice saw him in a condition where he was slurring his speech. He said he later fired the nanny after he encountered her at a pharmacy picking up prescriptions for the singer.

Randy Jackson said he never heard of the drug Propofol until after his brother died from an overdose of the anesthetic.

However, he said he did not talk to his brother much in the five years before his death and was unable to get into his rented mansion during the period before he died because security guards blocked his access.

“Michael didn’t want to be around the family too much because he didn’t want them to see him like that,” Randy Jackson said. “He was hiding from me.”

He said most of the interventions were attended by his sisters Rebbie and Janet and his brothers, Tito, Marlon, and his father, Joe Jackson. But he said his mother only came along once or twice. He said she was unwilling to accept that Michael was addicted and he felt “she was in denial. She just didn’t want to believe.”

Randy Jackson also testified that at one point he wrote a letter to his entire family, including his mother, saying they needed to help Michael.

“He’s an addict, and he isn’t responsible. The family has to step in and do something about it,” Jackson testified.

He also said his brother refused repeatedly to go to rehab.

“I told him I was taking him to rehab and he said he’s not going. I told him, ‘Yes, you are.’ And he would say ‘No, I’m not,’” Randy testified.

Katherine Jackson testified earlier in the trial that she asked her son once about his prescription drug use, but he denied he had a problem.

Randy Jackson said his brother was terrified during the run-up to his 2005 child molestation trial in Santa Maria. At one point Randy Jackson said he had to take his brother to a hospital because “he was under the influence of something.”

He said he had no idea what drugs Jackson was taking.

“He was very frightened, and I had to get him to court,” Randy Jackson said.

Outside court, Katherine Jackson’s lawyer, Brian Panish, said that Randy Jackson’s testimony showed “what everyone knew, that Michael Jackson had a problem with prescription medications. Apparently the only ones that didn’t know that were the people at AEG.”

Randy Jackson is the third member of his famous family to testify in the case, which concluded its 15th week on Friday. Michael Jackson’s mother and his son Michael Joseph “Prince” Jackson Jr. have also testified.

ivy;3884821 said:
Randy Jackson says the interventions took place in various locations including New York, Las Vegas, Jackson’s Neverland Ranch and Taiwan and dated back to the mid-1990s.

Reporting for CBS2, Randy Paige said Randy Jackson testified that he and his siblings staged at least seven interventions.

He said almost every time he tried to intercede it was after a call from a nanny who cared for Michael Jackson’s children and told him the singer was over using prescription drugs. He said he never saw his brother take drugs but twice saw him in a condition where he was slurring his speech. He said he later fired the nanny after he encountered her at a pharmacy picking up prescriptions for the singer.

Randy Jackson said he never heard of the drug Propofol until after his brother died from an overdose of the anesthetic.

However, he said he did not talk to his brother much in the five years before his death and was unable to get into his rented mansion during the period before he died because security guards blocked his access.

He said most of the interventions were attended by his sisters Rebbie and Janet and his brothers, Tito, Marlon, and his father, Joe Jackson. But he said his mother only came along once or twice. He said she was unwilling to accept that Michael was addicted and he felt “she was in denial. She just didn’t want to believe.”

Randy Jackson also testified that at one point he wrote a letter to his entire family, including his mother, saying they needed to help Michael.

“He’s an addict, and he isn’t responsible. The family has to step in and do something about it,” Jackson testified.

He also said his brother refused repeatedly to go to rehab.

“I told him I was taking him to rehab and he said he’s not going. I told him, ‘Yes, you are.’ And he would say ‘No, I’m not,’” Randy testified.

Katherine Jackson testified earlier in the trial that she asked her son once about his prescription drug use, but he denied he had a problem.

Randy Jackson said his brother was terrified during the run-up to his 2005 child molestation trial in Santa Maria. At one point Randy Jackson said he had to take his brother to a hospital because “he was under the influence of something.”

He said he had no idea what drugs Jackson was taking.

“He was very frightened, and I had to get him to court,” Randy Jackson said.

Outside court, Katherine Jackson’s lawyer, Brian Panish, said that Randy Jackson’s testimony showed “what everyone knew, that Michael Jackson had a problem with prescription medications. Apparently the only ones that didn’t know that were the people at AEG.”

Randy Jackson is the third member of his famous family to testify in the case, which concluded its 15th week on Friday. Michael Jackson’s mother and his son Michael Joseph “Prince” Jackson Jr. have also testified.

:blink:
tumblr_mh9a4jdtm71rhk2w1o2_250.gif
angfw5.gif
tumblr_mdxt67va7v1qh7ov5o2_r1_250.gif

Randy would be better to remain silent :chained.... Oh God, how many bullshit! *big sigh*

So they brought interventionists with them that no one ever had seen ? I dont remember any of them claimed that before . See 5 years he refused to see him , everyone in that family knows very well why Michael refused to see the defrauder Randy .

MJ did not want to go to the court ? at least Randy did not say MJ wanted to run away and he prevented him , he's very capable of saying that. I wonder how Prince feels now ? Jacksons supporters dont worry if he talks to Katherine she will tell him Randy is telling the truth , we already knows how that greedy family functions.

The best witness AEG can ever have , the only witness who Panish can very easily impeach yet he cant because he's the real client not Katherine .

Now we understand why they had an expert who said MJ was an addict for most of his adult life, that what Randy Jackson wanted to hear . Not only he wanted to prove his case againt AEG but also all the wills done by MJ which excluded him from being beneficiary and executor done by MJ when he was under the influence controlled by the "enablers" who fed him drugs to keep him away from Randy.

Pathetic family , PATHETIC to say the least, MJ should have left their asses back in Gray

if he was the irresponsible addict you claim he was why should AEG gives your client a penny because of their very irresponsible brother ?

Damn I want to SCREAM , this family is so ****ing stupid and greedy .

Seven interventions now ? how much hate this criminal has for Mike ?

Last edited:
Why would a nanny call and say he is overdoing drugs? But at the same time be the one getting him drugs? Sounds like a bad lifetime movie

^^^^"if he was the irresponsible addict you claim he was why should AEG gives your client a penny because of their very irresponsible brother ?"

Exactly. I don't see how characterizing Michael as an addict helps their case. Only the family knew of these interventions--they surely weren't reported by the media--so how was AEG supposed to know--through osmosis? But, your larger point remains--if Michael had a long-standing problem with drugs, as they claim, & then wants a doctor to give him a surgical-level anesthesia--why would the jury see all that as AEG's fault or anything even close to something AEG could anticipate? Makes no sense and I bet the jury is starting to put this all together.

Last edited:
Since he never saw him take drugs he needed to name a source right ? and just in case she denied it he had to cover for himself by claiming she was the enabler that's her motive to deny . Obviously she knew alot about him , he needed to through her under the bus .

Last edited:
Exactly. I don't see how characterizing Michael as an addict helps their case. Only the family knew of these interventions--they surely weren't reported by the media--so how was AEG supposed to know--through osmosis?

They were obviously too dumb to understand that . Their initial plan was to portray MJ in the worst way , they realized later no jury would sympathize with the portray Randy wanted of MJ and did a shift . It was too late everything was on record by the time the shifted the strategy .

Why would a nanny call and say he is overdoing drugs? But at the same time be the one getting him drugs? Sounds like a bad lifetime movie

exactly and then Randy said he fired her.. what the hell is Randy doing firing anyone in MJ's staff unless this is around 2004-2005 when he took over MJ's affairs during the trial??

If everyone knew MJ had this problem why didn't anyone ever stop the doctors that were enabling him? Mike was getting meds from doctors. Randy should've investigated the doctors who were prescribing to his brother years ago if he was so concerned

So Randy wrote a damn 'letter' to his family to help MJ?? where is this letter and why write a letter couldn't he have called a family get together for this very important task of saving their beloved family member?? 7 damn interventions yet Katherine only went to 1 or 2???? I am totally done with this family forever.. RIP MJ I will support you forever but your family is over for me.

I said this before. negligent hiring claims requires "known or should have known". They can't claim AEG should have known a possible drug red flag without claiming there was a drug problem.

I said this before. negligent hiring claims requires "known or should have known". They can't claim AEG should have known a possible drug red flag without claiming there was a drug problem.

But, if the alleged drug problem was something only the family knew (MJ was secretive, no media reports, fans didn't know, etc) it's not reasonable to conclude AEG knew or should have known. Don't they have to show how AEG would have known it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back