Opening my heart! (PLEASE READ).

His confessions

Proud Member
hello fellow Michael Jackson fans! There has been years since I stepped my foot at this place, I've regain and built my new life in every way possible in so many ways. If you think about it all the confused and irrational comments and topics fans make including me unfortunately then there's no question in mind fans of Michael that used to spend hours and hours in forums including this one left, there wasn't anything else to talk about is what they would say, yes maybe. But the truth is, after someone's passing and if it's been really difficult to cope with the tragedy you somehow loose yourself... you take a halt and starts to reflect your life in a way you've never done before, everything you've said and done is being puzzled in your mind.

That's what happened to me unfortunately, I would like to keep my private matter in my own thoughts however I'll say this. Years and a couple of months after Michael's passing I wasn't me. After a good psychological evaluation over some different boards online I've come across some delusional and chocking comments and topics I've started, today 2012, 3 years after Michael's death I can grab a hold of its past, reflect the damages and the small part goodness I shared with you fans around the world. I am not trying to search after any sympathy cause the words I've tapped on my computer is my own and I stand up and say "yes I did that, I made that mistake and I am not proud of what I've done."

I point this attention mostly to those OLD fans, those fans that KNOWS what I am talking about, but to refresh some of it an example of my delusional topics has to be when Michael appeared in London 2005, what he was planning to do I cannot remember however to read what I back then said. After 7 years I cannot believe and are puzzled of my behavior. I always told myself I'd die a hardcore fan but now I am not so sure about that. You have to remember that Michael's fans have the ability to crawl onto something so bad it so that it the end you loose a grip of reality.

To an honest confession I grew up with soars in my heart, years of bullying and no acknowledged from people that were suppose to be my class-mates, back then in the early 90's it wasn't a shame to like Michael Jackson, he was a big star, he was accepted but that outgrew with time and to still have the continuance of adoring and ADMIRE someone like what the press and the people expressed a circus freak who sleeps with boys was NOT accepted, so when Internet grew large and everyone had access to browse altavista (google's forth-father) the excitement grew larger and larger. FINALLY you had a place where you could escape to, a place where people shared the same interests as you. I was already a fan of Michael and was bittersweet from not being able to see him in concerts etc.

I began to find forums and chatrooms and developted a love/hate relationship with the fans. I bounded with several fans which in respect I won't name, but something happened with me. I had lost myself, I lost control of the REALITY. I for instance spent over 20 hours in ONE forum, updating the page over and over, just to see, minute by minute if something exciting would happened, it didn't always have to be news of Michael but the fans reaction and the COMPETITION which involved who had the highest number of posts, who were the most popular member and who had just met, talked, saw or touched Michael. It grew to an obsession, a undefined and sickening of acceptance. Cause who else would respect and accept you outside these computer screens?

My behavior got worst by the year in which I am today not proud of but have willingly accepted the past confessing that yes I used to believe I was a family-member or a friend of Michael. In closed sentence I without having any regret back then created fake accounts with different names, posted pictures of other people claiming they were my friends, made up false statements that addressed a certain matter regarding Michael. I was very sick and I was trapped in a bubble which I felt very comfortable with because I was safe, nobody could break it and everytime I disconnected myself from the "Michael-zone" I was not aware of the society or the people around me, all I could see was Michael, Michael and Michael. It was a sick obsession and I hope NOBODY will go through what I went through.

When I decided to go places to see fans and hoping everytime Michael would appear I went back with the biggest joy of my life, every single one of my travels I felt welcomed, but you have to remember that even though you've met the sweetest fans you ever met there were a hunger of revenge, they talked behind your back and sometimes IN FRONT OF YOU! You swallowed your pride everytime but deep inside more and more the heart clanged, the only way you could defend yourself was to be rude BACK and I'm telling you I was mean to some fans, I almost forgot how it was to be bullied myself, this didn't happened in front of you, you sat in front of the computer screen and felt brave to open your mouth and say "Bitch get out of my face, your stinking hoe", there were always debates afterwards, but everytime someone mentioned your name, your heart skipped faster and you felt the nervous icing in your chest.

So after Michael's death, I swore to myself to ever be able to come back to the forums because all I'd done had already been made, the words I weren't suppose to say where there, it wouldn't go away, how was I suppose to stand up and admit my flawlessness? The fantasy I had built and the fake stories I had told myself was true broke in front of me. I wanted to die, I wanted to ripped all of my Michael merchandises I had bought and never think about it again. But (I won't go into details of private matters) after consoling a professional therapist and years of understanding of what happened I would like to give the FUTURE fans and some PAST fans this warning.

DO NOT GO INTO OBSESSION ABOUT MICHAEL OR ANY OTHER ARTIST YOU MAY ADORE. If you don't see the warning signs or halt everytime you want to post something sensational. STOP! I was a fan of Michael's for 23 or 24 years, I cannot call myself a fan anymore because personally I can only see the negative aspects of it. I've seen up close and personal people's behavior and witnessed the delusional messages. Don't do the same mistake as I made.

I've found myself this time, I know where I am, I have found friends (even if there aren't hundreds of them) who care about me and been supporting in what I've gone through. I'm recently married as well with a wonderful man, I have a ground to walk on now and even if it's gonna sound strange I have Michael to thank, cause without him I wouldn't have been able to understand the situation at all.

So to close the following "statement" I'd like to personally apology the administrators, moderators and members of my behavior and what I've said. Hope in time you can understand why this happened. If there's anything you'd like to ask me about, please write me a personal message or if you want to direct me officially do it here, but remember in all respect I'd like to be met with understanding NOT bashing, I have full respect if you're angry or upset. I can deal with that. In mean time take care of yourself and god bless!

Cindy Tambe

Well, this is what happens when a person becomes your God, your idol. I love Michael, I truly do, but he was a man, not a God, not perfection, but a man like you and I. And he will never hold the frontmost position in my life. Jesus has to be the one holding that position. There is nothing wrong with admiring an artist, with loving a person. Just as long as you remember that they are just that: people and they are merely a dim reflection of what God is. For me, at least, that's the beauty of it all. I look at Michael, because him I can see and hear and observe, and I see how amazing he was, how talented and just precious he was and then I think how much more awesome Jesus is. And I believe that was Michael's legacy.

So, in conclusion, I think there is ground to your warning, but in my opinion, you didn't breach the subject the way you should have. There is absolutely nothing wrong in admiring and loving a person, but there has to be a perspective, there has to be the realization that he is just a person, and not the God at the center of the universe and that not all things revolve around him.

I know but I couldn't find the right title for it actually, how are you suppose to phrase a suitable title for this? Hmm, I understand your point of view, however this actually isn't addressed to new members who recently signed up on MJJC but the ones that have been around since MJJC first was MJJForum, but I'm not leaving out new members but to give a warning to those who still adores and idolizing their 'hero', which is good but there's a line of it all and you should never cross it ;).

It's not all that relevant when someone joined. They could have been a fan years prior. :lol:

True I don't want to brag but I used to be on like 100 different MJ forums... so most people know who i am... so this is address them and of course fans in general

Maybe its a good thing :) anyway :) lets just not repeating the same reply from me, I intend to have that habit actually :)...

I understand where you come from. I was never that bad mind you (only one other forum has ever heard from me) but I was obessed. I joke about it now with my sig but at one time it was very true. I was a teen then though and needed a good idol. Michael is still my hero and I still idolized him but it's not the center of my life anymore. I grew up, admited to myself the flaws and learned to move on. I came back to fandom mostly to see what this little part of the world was up too. It happens to be kinda what I have been looking for to fill my boredom. So I guess I have come full circle but with a much more open mind.

It was very brave of you to tell everyone what you were and what you have become

Well it certainly is a shame that you can't call yourself a fan after the things you've done. It's sad that the consequences of your behavior back then had to alter how you felt about Michael and being his fan, because of course he had no idea and it was your call to do what you did. It's very personal, I've met really delusional, sick "fans", compulsive liars, who wouldn't admit their faults for anything in this world...but I'm good at reading that kind of people and I've met quite a few. I myself have been a fan of Michael for 12 years, I'm 24 and I do adore the man, I'm certain he'll be my main for as long as I live but I'm thankful I know how to keep myself from doing things I might regret later out of defending him or the likes of it. Hope you're all right now.

Thanks for understanding, I haven't made any response to anyone for some time cause I wanted to halt a bit to see how people would react of my admission but yes I am alright.

The reason why I can't call myself anymore is because I've seen the backside of it, I was there and I was apart of the "conspiracy", I have been reflecting my life to its fullest for the last couple of years. I am still the same human being BUT I see life in a very different way now. The reason why I decided to come clean was because I need to come clean to myself and stop "hiding" from the truth.

It came with a big price I'll tell you that but I rather take that consequence instead of imagining things were all alright... do you understand me?
To sum up I am fine today and I am healthy enough to understand what's right and wrong!

And yeah one more thing... I still love everything Michael stood for don't question that and his music is like butterflies surrounding my environment (gosh I sound so poetic now haha) but a fan? I am not sure of it.

Hi Cindy,

I want to applaud you for your honesty and wish you all the best.
I'm happy for you that you found love and are now a married woman.

Take care of yourself :)

Suzanne

PS: If you love Michael, and/or his music, and/or what he stood for, then yes you're fan.
Don't be hard on yourself.

<header style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; box-sizing: content-box; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16.796875px;">[h=2]fan2[/h]Pronunciation: /fan/

noun

</header><section class="senseGroup" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; box-sizing: content-box;">
  • a person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular sport, art form, or famous person:football fans"I&#8217;m a fan of this author"
</section>

Last edited:
^^ baaaah :D I don't know, I get goosebumps all over when hear a song yeah but fan? Gaaaah I don't know... someone help me??? o_O

I can help you. What's your definition of a fan, that you don't want to be considered one ? maybe then you can be helped.

qbee is right.. my definition is if you love Michael and believe in what he stood for, then you are a fan. Your definition may be different.

Lark

The thing is FAN is derived from the word 'fanatic' and that word is loaded with 'negative' energy :sigh:
so peeps tend to 'focus' on the negative message of the word. :unsure:

FAN can also be used in the 'positive' way which in my :2cents: means that you love and respect the artist, the man :wub:

I consider myself a 'fan' in the positive way of the word but Michael has never been my 'idol'. Michael is the one I grew with like the brother I never had, a 'friend in need', a role model, a mentor, someone I look up to. :blush:

Michael remains HUMAN though like us with flaws and talents.

Cindy,

Just because you're not 'obsessed' anymore doesn't mean you're not a fan. You're just healthier ;) LOL.

^^ I somehow need to think of the term "fan" before I can truly and faithfully call myself fan, it's a long process and it's really something I need to come with the term with and accept the fact the word fan can be determined in so many ways...

I STILL love Michael's music and himself so maybe I still am a fan... maybe...?

^^ I somehow need to think of the term "fan" before I can truly and faithfully call myself fan, it's a long process and it's really something I need to come with the term with and accept the fact the word fan can be determined in so many ways...

I STILL love Michael's music and himself so maybe I still am a fan... maybe...?

Of course, that's all it takes to be a fan :)

I mean, that's as far as my 'fandom' goes... so if you're not a fan, neither am I ;)

I need to start listening to his music more now and be more active t catch up the news of things going on... then maybe I can recruit to a fan .... haha

I need to start listening to his music more now and be more active t catch up the news of things going on... then maybe I can recruit to a fan .... haha

Lots of fans don't keep up with everything regarding MJ and don't listen to his music every day. To this day, I haven't listened to any songs on the Michael album except for Hold My Hand. I don't know anything about the AEG trial. I've never seen the Dangerous or HIStory tours even though they're on YouTube. I only know a handful of songs from the Jackson 5 and the Jacksons. About 90% of the music on my iPod is from other artists than MJ. Still, I consider myself to be an MJ fan. I have a special interest in him and his music, more so than other artists. The kind of fans who are absolutely obsessed with an artist to the extent that you described are very rare. The vast majority of fans (of any artist) don't even bother to join fan boards.

Simply you have fans in different 'layers' :blush: though, I don't like the 'divisions' :scratch:We are ALL fans and ALL part of the MJ family :wub:

The term 'special interest' :blink: always irks me. Michael isn't an 'object' you like, is he? :unsure:

Anyway, if the "majority of fans" wouldn't listen to his music daily or the way I do or even join fan boards for all that matters, then Michael's legacy would be doomed :doh:

Don't mind me though, I'm :blink: cause I can't sleep!

Simply you have fans in different 'layers' :blush: though, I don't like the 'divisions' :scratch:We are ALL fans and ALL part of the MJ family :wub:

The term 'special interest' :blink: always irks me. Michael isn't an 'object' you like, is he? :unsure:

Anyway, if the "majority of fans" wouldn't listen to his music daily or the way I do or even join fan boards for all that matters, then Michael's legacy would be doomed :doh:

Don't mind me though, I'm :blink: cause I can't sleep!

What I mean by "special interest" is just that I'm more interested in Michael (as a person and as an artist) than I am in other artists. Isn't that true for all of us?

As long as those fans keep defending him and supporting him, Michael's legacy will be just fine.

What I mean by "special interest" is just that I'm more interested in Michael (as a person and as an artist) than I am in other artists. Isn't that true for all of us?

As long as those fans keep defending him and supporting him, Michael's legacy will be just fine.

:blush: Sowwy, I tend to take stuff 'literally' :unsure:

Indeed, we all have a 'soft spot' for Michael :wub: I went through Hell and back for Michael but I would do it again. :cheeky:

I know, everyone stands their ground differently :blush:

*bows and smiles* ... I can't stop thinking of how much Michael has influenced me and how much I actually love that man... he made what I am today so therefore I am proud to say I'm a fan...

Back