Original vs Remix

Hot_Street

Proud Member
Do you like some remixes more than the original?
There are at least two that I like better.
Loving You from Xscape and One More Chance (Paul Oakenfold Mix):

“Hollywood Tonight,” “Behind the Mask,” either mix of “Love Never Felt So Good,” “Chicago,” “A Place with No Name,” the Bieber mix of “Slave to the Rhythm,” and the leaked version of “Do You Know Where Your Children Are” are the only versions I care to listen to. The demos/originals just don’t do it for me.

Shout out to the album remixes of “Loving You” and “Slave to the Rhythm” though. So well done.

I prefer the demoes of Shes Out of My Life, P.Y.T, State of Shock, There Must Be More to Life, wnd the Girl is Mine to the final versions. And the demo versions of I Can't Help It are excellent too.

I'm probably the only person who doesn't call Xscape a remix album, because that's not even accurate technically. But I do prefer most of them to the originals. Except A Place With No Name, Do You Know Where Your Children Are, and Blue Gangsta.

I like Scream Louder more than Scream sometimes. And the Civilies Black or White mix.

Do you like some remixes more than the original?
There are at least two that I like better.
Loving You from Xscape and One More Chance (Paul Oakenfold Mix):
This has taken it from a 3 to a 6 so thank you.

This has taken it from a 3 to a 6 so thank you.
My brother said the same thing as you lol. I played this song, this remix, thinking it was the original, and he said "This isn't it but this sounds good, wait a minute" Then when I played the original, he said "Yeah that's the original. But after hearing the remix I actually like it more now."

My brother said the same thing as you lol. I played this song, this remix, thinking it was the original, and he said "This isn't it but this sounds good, wait a minute" Then when I played the original, he said "Yeah that's the original. But after hearing the remix I actually like it more now."
When I saw Oakenfold I thought it was going to be oonst oonst but it’s a nice subtle change up.

I absolutely hate the Taryll version. The production feels so unmusical and cliché, and doesn’t fit MJ’s vocals whatsoever. Easily my least favorite posthumous reworking.
Same; it's such a weird change. And a far less subtle one than every other rework. There's a place for more rock MJ but it wasn't She Was Lovin' Me.

I prefer the original, but this one is nice:
Michael Jackson feat the Youngbloodz - Give In To Me (Remix)
and this one

Last edited:
Better remixes (objectively and factually correct opinion):
Love Never Felt So Good (solo)
Chicago
Loving You
Best Of Joy
Behind The Mask
Hollywood Tonight Neff-U's mix (it's a match between the demo imo)
Blue Gangsta (I prefer the 1999 demo but it's a lot better than the 1998 demo)

Better demos (also objectively and factually correct opinion):
Hollywood Tonight
The Way You Love Me
Another Day
A Place With No Name
Xscape
Slave To The Rhythm
Do You Know Where Your Children Are
Blue Gangsta (1999)

Better remixes (objectively and factually correct opinion):
Hollywood Tonight Neff-U's mix (it's a match between the demo imo)
This version with the guitar solo is really good, but I wish it had he punch of Teddy Rileys mix.

I like all of these better than the album versions:

Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson - Say Say Say (Special Version) this is the original 1983 remix by Jellybean Benitez
Jackson 5 - Hum Along And Dance (15 minute version)
The Jacksons - Torture (12" Dance Mix)
The Jacksons & Mick Jagger - State Of Shock (12" Dance Mix)
You Can't Win (Part 1 & 2)
Billie Jean (12" Version)
Smooth Criminal (Extended Dance Mix)
Smooth Criminal (Annie Mix)
Bad (Dance Extended Mix "False Fade")
In The Closet (KI's 12")
Who Is It (IHS Mix)
Remember The Time (E-Smoove's Late Nite Mix)
2 Bad (Refugee Camp Mix)
You Are Not Alone (jon B. Padapella)
This Time Around (Dallas Main Mix)
One More Chance (Paul Oakenfold Mix)

This version with the guitar solo is really good, but I wish it had he punch of Teddy Rileys mix.
There's a version of the song with David Williams playing a guitar solo so the Neff-U mix is probably close/similar to the version MJ was working on before he passed.

There's a version of the song with David Williams playing a guitar solo so the Neff-U mix is probably close/similar to the version MJ was working on before he passed.
If I’m not mistaken, it wasn’t a guitar solo, just a standard rhythm guitar part.

Side note: it absolutely boggles my f**king mind that this wasn’t used on any of the released/leaked productions. The guitars they used are awesome and all, but you’re gonna pass up what is likely the last David Williams contribution to an MJ song? What an absolute misfire.

Back