Paris Jackson Rushed to Hospital After Possible Suicide Attempt

Re: Paris Jackson Possible Suicide Attempt Rushed to Hospital SHE IS OK

I really figured that Tito's son would have been the answer. Seemed like it would have been the right fit. Able-bodied young man, fit enough to keep up with 3 minor children, UNTIL it was revealed that he doesn't even live on the property.

How in the heck can you keep an eye on THREE MINORS, if you are not in the household, is beyond me. You just can't do drive-bys when you are responsible for minors, and in this case the minors are Michael Jackson's children.

TBH, everybody knew he wasnt living there (he lives in Corona) when he was appointed co-guardian but all parties signed off (KJ, PPB, Debbie Rowe, Diana Ross, the Estate, the court). Remember headlines saying 'Prince, Paris and Blanket loving him and wanting him as their guardian'. I guess it worked before he was appointed but something must have happened these past months.

TMZ are sick. Is Paris really had a tumblr it would have come out ages ago, especially with content like that. It's probably some random they found for a good story. Sick of TMZ exploiting her throughout the entire thing.

Michael's children physical needs are provided by the estate. Their father's money give them the luxury house with nannies, housekeepers, chef and turor. Even katherine and TJ's financial needs are provided. All Katherine and TJ need to do is give PPB emotional needs but they apparently fail to do so.

TMZ are sick. Is Paris really had a tumblr it would have come out ages ago, especially with content like that. It's probably some random they found for a good story. Sick of TMZ exploiting her throughout the entire thing.

No, its her blog. Trust me on this one. Paris HAS a blog and some fans are aware of her page. Its actually her blog. As far as I know, the link to her page have not been spread to fellow fans like her Facebook has. Thats why very very few people are aware of it.

Katherine is just to old to raise teenagers. I wouldn't wish that on my grandmother. She needs someone grounded who understands her and who can set healthy boundaries for her and yet still allow her to blossom... We can't say who that person should be because they need to be someone Paris trusts and feels close to. I'm not sure such a person exists in her life. Its not our choice to say who that should be. In fact I think it's arrogant to assume we know, when we clearly don't.

Wasn't it Michael who suggested who that person should be in his Will? I realize the court doesn't have to follow what's in the Will should they decide to change guardianship, but they usually consider the deceased parent's wishes and Michael chose Diana Ross.

Man, I am so nauseous right now from reading about why people cut themselves. There is a certain high to the pain and then watching the blood oozing out of the cut. This is their only relief for their deep seated depression.

These people, who cut themselves, aren't able to articulate what is bothering them, it gets deep-seated.

I just like to thank TMZ for being the creeping douchebags that they are making up a story just so they can get hits on their pages and posts from MJ fans who just happen to be messengers.

But I'll tell you, the TONE that some of you have especially in regards to the Jackson family are downright despicable even if I do agree that they haven't cope with their tragedy well at all, it doesn't mean you call them anything but children of God or whatever religion you're a part of or not.

And I don't like some of their actions either (particularly with Papa Joe, Jerms and Randy) but that's besides the point. :mellow:

Bash me if you want but just wish Paris well. It's the least some of y'all could do...

Man, I am so nauseous right now from reading about why people cut themselves. There is a certain high to the pain and then watching the blood oozing out of the cut. This is their only relief for their deep seated depression.

These people, who cut themselves, aren't able to articulate what is bothering them, it gets deep-seated.

I agree--it's a state of pain I can't even begin to understand. What bothers me is if this cutting has been going on for a long time and Paris was seen at UCLA for it months ago, why was there no follow up at that time? Why wasn't she in therapy since then? I think if she was we'd know about it. This is where I believe there's negligence on the part of the adults who are entrusted with her care. That this level of pain and depression was going on for Paris and Katherine continued with pursuing the AEG trial, putting Paris through depositions, etc. just sickens me, frankly.

I hope Michael's sweet daughter gets the help she needs and recovers fully. She deserves better care than what she's gotten thus far imho.

I believe Paris Jackson feels like some kind of sacrificial lamb.

New York Daily News:
Paris Jackson’s recent suicide attempt ‘wasn’t the first time’: Daughter of Michael Jackson hinted at cutting in secret blog, will continue with treatment

Monday, June 24, 2013, 1:01 PM

Paris Jackson reportedly tried to take her own life before the suicide attempt that landed her in the hospital earlier this month.

Unnamed sources told TMZ.com that the troubled teen cut her arm so deeply with a kitchen knife in that June 5 incident that the scar is "horrifying."

"Paris absolutely tried to kill herself, and it wasn't the first time," one source told the website.
The 15-year-old daughter of the late pop star Michael Jackson also had a secret Tumblr blog filled with disturbing images and messages related to cutting and suicide, TMZ reported.

She's now expected to leave UCLA soon and spend up to three months at an unidentified treatment center, TMZ reported.
Sources told TMZ that while Paris appears to have no desire to cut herself again, she remains in denial and is fighting therapy.
Professionals are warning her family members that they need to better understand the triggers that set her off.
Paris' Tumblr is a testament to the complexity of her obsession with cutting, TMZ said, with some anti-cutting messages mixed in with the dark, distressing images.

I believe Paris Jackson feels like some kind of sacrificial lamb.

Could be. I agree. If reports are accurate, Paris is battling a deep depression and has been for a long time apparently. I know there are some fans who just want to wish her well and move on, but to ignore the obvious--the adults entrusted with her care failed her--is to sweep it all under the rug. We don't know what's going on in the Calabassas house, but we do know that a trial is underway and that appears to be Katherine's priority at the moment. Like I've said before...I'm here for Michael Jackson and his children--not the Jackson Family. And, as fans, I think we need to be willing to speak up on behalf of Michael's kids to raise awareness so that this does not happen again. It's fan support of Michael's kids. Period.

Paris and her brothers should come FIRST. imo.

This thread got out of hand a lot of hateful things very disgusted sadly Debbie seen this thread sent from a MJ fan sense the disrespect is crazy thro her main focus is her children I'm glad she didn't even state anything disrespectful about her being bash like that I never gave a damn about Elvis daughter but I'm not about to drop all kinds of tea on her but that's not my place nor do I care to Paris is loved and will be in good hands.

Love all the mjjc fans this is my,official last post will not be returning you all stay blessed and please send Paris all the love she needs tomorrow June 25 this will be a tough day for her but she's good.

I wish she would go live with Diana Ross. The next person Michael wanted for his kids. She won't fight the estate over money or try to use the kids for money. She is her own star and needs nothing. She knows how to protect kids from the spotlight. She knew Michael as a child too. I don't know what is true but it makes me so sad for Paris. You wish you could help her. I know this would not happen if Michael was here but if he was it would kill him to see his little girl in pain.

^^^^ I totally agree. Why ignore what Michael wanted? He named Diana Ross as the backup guardian in all his Wills, according to John Branca. Michael made that choice for a reason, so why not honor it. And, I agree, Marebear--she is a wonderful choice, very loving and could be the stabilizer that Paris needs to feel loved and secure again.

When you are buddies with snake and give that snake praise, you expect people to overlook it?

The troubled daughter of ...this and that. Looks like the media has a new nick for her indeed..

Is anyone else upset that "family sources" are saying it's all the fault of the wrong crowd? Seriously. It's not that simple.

When you are buddies with snake and give that snake praise, you expect people to overlook it?

Who are you talking to?

How do all these adults around this child not look terrible? They didn't see any signs that something was wrong?

^^^^They knew very well something was wrong because Paris visited UCLA months ago for depression/cutting, if media reports are true. The visit has been confirmed by UCLA. So, the question is why wasn't there follow up for Paris? A therapist? I'd love to know what UCLA recommended to Katherine months ago, but we'll never know. Wish someone would leak that!

Someone said Debbie was offended by things said in this thread. And I say to that person what did she expect

Hmmmm interesting Debbie is following BOTH TMZ & Harvey Levin (the dude that created TMZ) on Twitter...

Makes sense since they've been friends for 24 years

This thread got out of hand a lot of hateful things very disgusted sadly Debbie seen this thread sent from a MJ fan sense the disrespect is crazy thro her main focus is her children I'm glad she didn't even state anything disrespectful about her being bash like that I never gave a damn about Elvis daughter but I'm not about to drop all kinds of tea on her but that's not my place nor do I care to Paris is loved and will be in good hands.

Love all the mjjc fans this is my,official last post will not be returning you all stay blessed and please send Paris all the love she needs tomorrow June 25 this will be a tough day for her but she's good.

She's hanging out with snakes, what she expect? For fans to shut up and just ignore it? This is exactly my problem. And why I finally said what I said today. People are wanting to pick sides. This is all about Paris, whatever with the adults at this case.

I want her to get better and hope the people that are suppose to watch over her and take care of her take this seriously.

I don't trust Debbie Rowe, and neither did Michael Jackson; consequently, he did not name her as a potential guardian for his children.

I really wanted to know what is really going on behind the scenes .... We do not know what is the reality of the facts. Nothing is clear. *big sigh*

And if Debbie is offended so what. Her issue should be her kid not what people are saying about her online.

Just for the record, I sent this letter to Probate Court Investigator Cary Ornelas today, and the email to Margarte Lodise also today. I think they already know about this but it doesn't hurt to put it down in balck and white. (I did forget one TV appearance Prince made as an actor--but otherwise I think it's complete--I hope.)

Dear Ms. Lodise,

I am writing to you as someone who has researched Mr. Jackson extensively and who has experience with youthful suicide attempts, especially on the part of young girls with separations from or disturbed relationships with their fathers, for example, due to death or divorce.

In the case of Ms. Jackson, who at age 15 recently made a serious suicide attempt, I wish to inform you of the many media appearances she has made since her father’s death, in case you are not aware of them already.

Handling the media is something that an adult has trouble with, and it is not something for a young girl to have to deal with at the same time she has lost her only parent in a traumatic manner. (Such media exposure can also exacerbate hostile attention on social networking sites.)

Here are some of the media appearances Paris has made, starting at age 11. (I list the primary event, not the voluminous secondary coverage by other media outlets.)

July 7, 2009. The Michael Jackson Memorial, Paris speaks to an audience of one billion, all 3 children on stage.

February 1, 2010. Grammy Awards where there was a performance of Earth Song. Paris and Prince speak on stage.

May 25, 2010. Paris, Prince, and Blanket signed a designer belt sold to raise $ for museum in Gary, IN. (The children did not appear in person.)

November 8, 2010. Oprah (first interview, Paris is 12), all 3 children interviewed.

February 24, 2011. Good Morning America show where all 3 children and Mrs. Katherine Jackson were interviewed by Robin Roberts.

August 9, 2011. The children donate Michael Jackson’s art work to L.A. Children’s Hospital.

October 8, 2011. Michael Jackson Tribute Concert in Cardiff, Wales, all 3 children speak on stage.

October 29, 2011. Prince signs MJ replica jackets.

November 30, 2011. Prince, Paris and Blanket attend The X-factor tribute to Michael Jackson. Prince and Paris speak about Immortal, the Cirque du Soleil show just opening, and the X-Factor show.

December 3, 2011. Cirque du Soleil Premier of Michael Jackson Immortal. All 3 children attend.

December 15, 2011. Ellen De Generes show. Paris is interviewed. Prince and Blanket are in the audience.

December, 2011. Three of the original Jackson Five hold the first of two tribute concerts to Michael at the National Stadium in Yoyogi, Tokyo. The children make an appearance via video at the concerts.

January 26, 2012. The children make imprints of their hand-prints and Mr. Jackson’s footprints in cement at Grauman’s Chinese Theater. Paris and Prince speak on stage.

June 10, 2012. Oprah (second interview), an extended interview with Paris.

August 29, 2012 (Mr. Jackson’s 54th birthday). The children are in Gary, Indiana, for a 4-day festival Goin’ Back to Indiana: Can You Feel It? Ms. Katherine Jackson was to hold a press conference but Prince and Paris went alone instead. The children are much exposed to the media, including an appearance to promote a perfume sponsored by Mr. Joe Jackson.

September, 2012. Paris is interviewed by Glamour magazine.

October 12, 2012. Mr. Pink (a soft drink), Premier Launch. The children are interviewed on camera to promote this beverage.

Febuary 2013. Prince Jackson is named on-air correspondent for Entertainment Tonight. His first assignment is interviewing the director and actors of the recent Oz movie.

April 2013. An extended interview with Paris Jackson in Event magazine. Paris is on the cover, full-page photos of her inside, and an interview with her and Mrs. Katherine Jackson inside.

In your sincere effort to see that Mr. Jackson’s children are taken care of in the best manner, and that Ms. Jackson especially receives the care she requires, I hope you will consider the damaging effect of the media in the lives of youngsters who are trying to cope with the loss of their only parent and find their way. Adolescence is a difficult time and adding more stressors can negatively impact mental health and possibly endanger lives.

With Best Regards,

cc:

Probate Court Investigator Ms. Cary Ornelas

Room 250, Stanley Mosk Courthouse

111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

Last edited:

^^^ Jamba, I applaud you and admire your advocacy of Paris--this was very well written. I have oftentimes wondered what the child advocate is doing on the sidelines...I hope she takes a more active role as the court ponders the excessive media exposure and guardianship changes.

You helped Paris today

Last edited:
Back