past MJIFC chatters unite!

Sup Dent its been a loooooooooong time. But i have a great memory. Those were the days staying up hours of the night. Me and my friends talk about MJIFC from time to time, bu lately thats all we''ve been talking me esp me and my friend Amy Smith. Amy has old chats saved. Me, Amy and Scary13 looked at some not long ago. lmao Man i was a trip back then. HAHA I have some of these peeps that i posted that i remember ihave some of them on my msn list.

By the way for the peeps: msn: michaeljacksonsgodson@Hotmail.com, yahoo messenger: heman70510

Is MJIFC the same as the Sony www.michaeljackson.com chat?
If not then I didn't chat there, but I'll answer the questions anyways since I remember some of the names mentioned here from sony chat.

*What name did you go by : Mostly Ape, but the first day I think I used Angel, and A because it's my name and I thought it didn't sound like a name so I was safe with it. Long story how I started using the name "Ape". I used to use different names all the time. I didn't ever want to get close to anyone or know anyone or have anyone know me in a chatroom... boy did that intention go out the window!

*Who do you remember most ...I remember the early days I was there mostly, and the memorable conversations I had with various people. I was never good with names so I can't remember most names. I remember the stories and people though. I still can't believe how that place just grabbed me by the heart from day one and wouldn't let go. Most of the memorable conversations were with people who would be around for a short while and then never saw them (at least that I know of with the same name) again. I started going there when I wasn't a fan at all, just curious and felt sad for what I saw in the take two interview and the media afterwards. I remember fan the most.....he was my best friend. Who'd have thought I'd find a best friend from a chatroom..lol.

*Who did you talk to: At the start I remember MonroeMagic who is still a good friend of mine who I've met in person now, Captain EO, Knute, Carlos, fan, Sandy, JustJazzing, mysterygirl, Christianmystic. Some I remember talking to and had memorable conversations were Cinderella, justagirl, um... wish I could remember better. Some others I remember were Sweettarts, SeekerofWisdom, ...I'm really feeling bad here for not remembering some names of people I used to always talk with or see there. I talked with everyone though. I was awful at typing so it took me ages to say anything. So I usually just talked with whomever PMed me...which was at times tough to keep up with.
hmm more names I always remembered seeing there....Lestat and all the vampire names, Who was that guy M something.. started with M... I can't remember now. He was kind of a pest..lol, but still likeable. Dino, can't forget Dino who asked everyone if they were MJ. The "Sunny" names, and I'm from Sunny Canada, from sunny Florida...etc. the 777's people who used that after their nics in chat. The "Agent"s who all used Agent before their name. Oh.. BlackCat was one that I remember from the start who used to always PM me and call me her best friend..lol. She was cute. There was one guy who would always PM me with "asl" and as soon as I'd tell him, he'd go "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE" and either talk my ear off or disappear. He was hilarious!! Always playing in the chats and always so funny. I think he'd always use a different name...can't remember now. Slippery fella.

*What was your best/worst MJIFC chat moment: Some amazing moments in chat. So many. It's no wonder it was addictive. My most memorable was just becoming so close to these people in such a short time just through their stories and trying to help them however I could. Worst is that I maybe got too attached. Spent more time in there than I should have too.... I didn't even really care about the haters. They were pretty rediculous and nothing to get upset about really. Just misguided trouble makers.

*What was the funniest thing happening to you in that room: Funniest as in "laughing" funny or just peculiar? I used to love when someone would come in and just write out poetry. Really beautiful stuff, loving. Funniest was probably when I would get bombarded with PMs and I'd try to keep up with them or when that one I mentioned would make the funniest stories in the main room, and usually would get booted, but was just a joker I thought. Always made me laugh.

*Who was the most annoying MJIFC-er for you: I don't know.. don't really remember anyone annoying. Maybe Dino sometimes when they'd insist that I was MJ and said I laughed like him...hahahha how can they hear me laughing through typed words? I really don't believe they thought I was MJ...was just how he or she played around. Wasn't really too annoying though. Oh, another chatter was Nicole Jackson. She was interesting anyways.

[MINNIE (there were 2 of them)

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that!!! It drove me crazy that someone stole my name. I was one of the way early members from 1996, and someone came out and stole my name. I think she was American, if I remember correctly... That's why I switched to FlyAway for a while. It simply got too confusing. But when people asked for my name I always told them Minnie...

Ape, No, MJIFC was probably the first MJ fanclub on the net which made it big. It started in 1996 by Brian Klick and another guy whose name I've forgotten. They became officially reconized by MJ's team, and seriously made it big - and loooooong. It was THE place to be online, it was the place to go for news, for fellowship, for everything.

They had a newsletter called MJIFC Digest where everyone could mail in and it would be sent to everyone, or you cold sign up for monthly updates. Eventually they got a message board in like what... 2000? It never really caught on, the chat was by far what kept the place going. All of a sudden the place shut down around 2001 and left everyone homeless (internet wise) and a bunch of places opened. APOM basically took over the chat, and alot of the old chatters found each other in APOM, which shut down in 2003 and merged with MJJF.

The michaeljackson.com chat came around in... was it 2003? It never really caught on like MJIFC had. And too many of the old chatters had stopped chatting. But great to hear your story :)

Sounds like I missed out then. I had no interest in MJ back then though, but I know I'd have loved the chat whether I was a fan or not. Too bad the guys quit. I thought sony chat was so busy, I can't imagine one better than that. It would have been nice to see. I do know some of the people who were named from there though in this thread. Nice to see people stuck around after it disappeared. What ever happened to Brian Klick and the other guy?

I don't know when the Sony chat started, but it was around in 2003 and closed in the summer or fall of 2003 around August I think...though I can't really remember so well now.

Last edited:
Oh I miss all of yall! I remember a little and of course Dexter aka DPP aka vermillion roadrunners is keeping me informed.....LOL

I wish someone would set up a chat room just like the old MJIFC. Yeah it can get annoying to hit reload all the time, but IMO it was classic, and hitting reload gave you time to read what everyone was writing and not play beat the clock with a scrolling chat. I think it would be awesome if someone like MJJ Community set up a chat like that.

someone please make another room! I would try but I would goof it up...LOL

Sup Dent its been a loooooooooong time. But i have a great memory. Those were the days staying up hours of the night. Me and my friends talk about MJIFC from time to time, bu lately thats all we''ve been talking me esp me and my friend Amy Smith. Amy has old chats saved. Me, Amy and Scary13 looked at some not long ago. lmao Man i was a trip back then. HAHA I have some of these peeps that i posted that i remember ihave some of them on my msn list.

By the way for the peeps: msn: michaeljacksonsgodson@Hotmail.com, yahoo messenger: heman70510

You do have a great memory! Yeah, it has been a looong time. I started using that chat like 10, 11 yrs ago! A person changes a lot in that time! I was a pretty 'off the wall' back then too, lol!

If I had the money and time, I would buy my own domain my POPonline MJ site, and set up an MJIFC style chat.

I found this place.. not sure if it would suffice. I know mjjc has a chatroom too but for some reason no one is ever on it. No one is on this one either though http://www.mjcafe.net/

Hey the first one is actually really cool..different backgrounds and you can insert pictures AND the holy reload button.

And also an ignore button for whoever pisse you off LOL

If we cant create a chat we can always take one of these over LOl, no one is there anyway.

lets take it over and use it!!!!!! LOL

I did the same thing dex....I admit it! *sighs with you*

this needs to be bumped UP

Ape, No, MJIFC was probably the first MJ fanclub on the net which made it big. It started in 1996 by Brian Klick and another guy whose name I've forgotten. They became officially reconized by MJ's team, and seriously made it big - and loooooong. It was THE place to be online, it was the place to go for news, for fellowship, for everything.
It was actually March of 1995, and it was founded by Brian Klick and Carl Fullaway. :)

Is it that chat rooms just aren't what they used to be, where people don't go to sites anymore to chat? W/ the advent of social networking sites (myspace, facebook), the explosion in popularity of about a dozen different messengers, pay-for AOL chat, the popularity of blogs and message boards, has the chat room for the most part gone the way of the dinasaur? I've checked a lot of those other chats, and they're empty.

I think you are bringing up valid points Joey, I can only speak for myself but i used to chat a lot (not just in the MJIFC although that was the one i visited most).
Recently i basicly fill my time with work-related stuff and looking/reading hyves (a dutch version of myspace, facebook, etc) and some forums.
Back in 1996-2003 or so the best way to get in touch with people was through chatrooms.
i still talk to a few people i met in the MJIFCV but i have also lost touch with a lot of them, i quess that is life.
Poeple move on, start families, work a lot, etc...
But there are a number of people that i'd love to talk to again once in a while, especially the people i was hanging out with during MJ and friends in Munich in 1999 and dfutring fanmeetings in Holland.
And then there i are people that i certainly dont want to get back in tocuh with, LMAO...i'n not calling any names though, haha..

It was actually March of 1995, and it was founded by Brian Klick and Carl Fullaway. :)

Wow you guys are awesome w/ your knowledge of it! . . . . Ahhh, March '95, those were the days! In actuality I probably didn't go until '96 or so (I didnt have Internet until then).

Wow, I was just saying the other day that we need a reunion of old school MJ onliners when DirtyDiana2000 told me about this thread.

In the old chat, I was always iluvmj. I used to chat with errybody, but I remember my girl Summer, jrayne, EJ, DirtyDiana, DPP, rockofages, sshanique, kremlinsshadow, OMG too many to name. I started chatting on there in 1999 at my desk at work!

*sigh* the good old days. Ahhh, the days of MJ chatting, writing MJ novels, trying to figure out who the annoying posters were, following Mike around on those rare U.S. appearances with the King of Pop Fanatics fan club. Remember the Sony demo? That was my first MJ chase. :punk: Then on to Neverland, MJ birthday parties, MSG, etc. London here I come!

Summer, I miss you! My daughter is 11 now. I am not getting old. I am not getting old. I am not getting old.

To the good old days! And more to come. :cheers:You ain't seen nuthin yet!

iluvmj

I am Rob and I was Scary13 during the MJIFC Days.

I remember Lots of people there, especially DPP, MJFaninTX, Amy Smith, Maria Joao Silva, UpToMe, Opal, Cass to name a few!

I chatted with all those people mentioned during that time and I still keep in touch with most of them if not all. Those were the best times and I miss those times so much!

The funniest moment for me was when chatters posted up their own made up MJ stories or just regular stories, especially when the female chatters made up MJ Love Stories. lol

The worst moment for me is when they shut MJIFC down. It wasn't the same anymore. I lost touch with a lot of people. Maybe they are still around here somewhere. lol

The most annoying chatters were the ones who pretended to be other chatters and made them look bad. **coughs TAYTAY coughs**

If any old MJIFCers that I haven't talked to in years are here, if you are reading this, hit me up!!

Last edited:
Hey y'all. I'm back on this site after months of not being able to find my password. Plus, law school keeps, me busy, so I don't have as much time as I'd like. It's so much fun sending people to jail, though. :lol:

*What name did you go by? If you can't figure it out...
*Who do you remember most? My boy, DPP.
*Who did you talk to? DPP, RLunaAngel, Scary13, opal, cass, Minnie, oobear, missiluvmj, ontheline4mj, E.J.. and some others...
*What was your best/worst MJIFC chat moment? Best was probably when YRMW came out, and they had a bootleg version on the internet when I got off work. Worst was TayTay's crazy a$$
*What was the funniest thing happening to you in that room? My ex-boyfriend and I had an argument with this chatter named "yup" over Elvis Presley.
*Who was the most annoying MJIFC-er for you? Hamed Mayani- Michael Jackson's biggest fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back