Paul Anka Trashes Michael in his Book

"At first, Steve Wynn and Michael earlier had been all buddy-buddy. Steve even called one of his suites, the Michael Jackson Suite— but he didn’t know then what was about to erupt. And when it did erupt, Michael was ensconced at the villa next door to me. The maids and other hotel staff would come to me and say, “We can’t even go in that room; if we have room service we gotta leave it outside.” When they finally get Michael out, after weeks of trying, they go in and there’s rotting food everywhere. They finally had to renovate that villa for tens of thousands of dollars. Once they got him out, they never did let him back in that hotel. "

Then why did he have dinner with Steve Wynn in 2007?

You know there are people who have class like Michael and then there are people like this. These people deserve no attention.

SO ****** WHAT ?? He acts like Michael was a sinister criminal the way he writes about it. He only shows he is the one with character issues, not Michael. He is the one gossiping and trying to tear MJ down with these stupid trivial things, that no one would care about anyway.

It's exactly the same in lots of these type of books - just fairly ordinary incidents involving mj are highlighted with sinister observations and the metaphorical creepy music playing in the background (they're book equivalents of a bashir doc). It's all v reassuring actually, try as they might, all these people who knew mj (as opposed to the ddimonds and vguiterrezes) just can't come up with anything really bad or unpleasant about the man.

Thanks shelly. Just googled - that's interesting, mj seemed to have had alot of offers in lasvegas that he could have looked at in the last couple of years before he died - wishna and wynn were interested and others. So aeg better not be making out that they were somehow mj's saviours and noone else would touch him with a bargepole.

http://olgeya.wordpress.com/2010/02/20/the-greatest-show-on-earth-the-secret-meeting-part-2/

I hope someone reminds Mr. Philips of himself saying into the camera that he "chased" Michael for 3 years to get him to sign with AEG.

I don't ever want to hear again about nobody wanting go near Michael.

^even it if you hear it, pretty sad but thats as far as it gets. Theyll go after his shoes if it was lying in the middle of the streets let alone not chasing the man himself, dont you think?

May this book reap a poor harvest. In other words, I hope sales are low, low, low, low.

Just peeked at Amazon and saw he had only 3 reviews. They are 5 star rated, so at least some people find pleasure in his book.

Last edited:
All of his 3 fans bought his book:)

Oh too funny. I think one person wrote she grew up with his music, so maybe his fans are people around his age. I wonder how sales are going. I notice lately that these authors who bash Michael are not making a lot of money. I think even Jermaine's book sold better!!

It's exactly the same in lots of these type of books - just fairly ordinary incidents involving mj are highlighted with sinister observations and the metaphorical creepy music playing in the background (they're book equivalents of a bashir doc). It's all v reassuring actually, try as they might, all these people who knew mj (as opposed to the ddimonds and vguiterrezes) just can't come up with anything really bad or unpleasant about the man.

Yes, it's very funny, when they get to parts where they want to suggest MJ was a criminal, they really have to force the suggestion. Suddenly the writing changes, the whole tone of a book or article will change, suddenly people recall furtive glances Michael made, or will say the whole thing just felt bad or wrong or "scary", even without describing why - were these children unaccompanied? leaving in tears? being shepherded in an out in an actual parade? No, it just IS "scary." Every moment with a child suddenly becomes microcosmed, so though they can speak for two seconds about MJ doing this or that, suddenly it's 10 pages on a 2 minute encounter with a kid involved so they can make sure we hear everything that happened in slow mo so they can make sure they milk every moment for its worth.

Reminds me of how in school you're told to "show, not tell," when writing, when it comes to MJ people love to tell but can rarely muster anything to show.

Back