Afrojack Bad Remix

• Love it

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 43 30.1%
  • Hate it

Votes: 27 18.9%

• Total voters
I look at it as celebrating the song in a different way. Michael's songs are classics and have and will stand the test of time. I am not into remixes much but i don't find it harmful to Michael in anyway.

Remixes are just a way to get the music out to a new audience I guess.. - Maybe the younger generation.

The new remix is horrible, actullay, I think it is a nightmare.
I hate it so much, and do not want to hear it for the 2nd time.

NOW I CAN'T WAIT to hear Skrillex mix!!!
Same here! :dancin:

I like the AfroJack remix, it's fresh and funky. Besides, I am sure the younger crowd will also love it and perhaps they'll be curious and listen to the album, or even better, buy it. I think this is excellent promotion. :)
Oh and by the way, thank you, Dangerous Incorporated, for the various links!

I guess it isn't harmful for Michael's music but my problem with remixes is that they sound souless and artificial because "the music" is made out of computers and not real instruments most of the times. Not everyone has that problem I guess but I do.

Jackson_popcorn.gif

I love a good MJ remix and this is one of the best I've heard in a long time. LOVE IT.

I guess it isn't harmful for Michael's music but my problem with remixes is that they sound souless and artificial because "the music" is made out of computers and not real instruments most of the times. Not everyone has that problem I guess but I do.

:D IMO, computers are instruments too.
Human race evolves, technology evolves, the way we make music evolves.
For me electronic music is like graffiti, urban art but people would need talent to accomplish it too.
I understand when people say it's soulless but I like electronic and at the same time I listen to Debussy, Chopin, Vivaldi, etc. It is possible to appreciate different worlds.
But to each their own, everyone is entitled to their own tastes :)

:D IMO, computers are instruments too.
Human race evolves, technology evolves, the way we make music evolves.
For me electronic music is like graffiti, urban art but people would need talent to accomplish it too.
I understand when people say it's soulless but I like electronic and at the same time I listen to Debussy, Chopin, Vivaldi, etc. It is possible to appreciate different worlds.
But to each their own, everyone is entitled to their own tastes :)

That might be true, but it takes away from that 'human' feel that music has. You know, just somebody banging his drums or playing the guitar. Back in the day it used to be a person playing the instrument, as if he was expressing himself, expressing his feelings through music. Now it's all programmed, and it's like people don't have to do anything anymore. It takes away all the 'soul' from the music, which you would normally feel, as the performer/singer/drummer/guitarist put into his work. You're supposed to be listening to a person, not to a computer.

Pick up the guitar and start playing... that's music. Not making some beats.

That's my biggest problem with music...

Last edited:
That might be true, but it takes away from that 'human' feel that music has. You know, just somebody banging his drums or playing the guitar. Back in the day it used to be a person playing the instrument, as if he was expressing himself, expressing his feelings through music. Now it's all programmed, and it's like people don't have to do anything anymore. It takes away all the 'soul' from the music, which you would feel as the performer, singer, drummer, guitarist put into his work. You're supposed to be listening to a person, not to a computer.

Pick up the guitar and start playing and singing... that's music. Not making some beats.

I really understand what you're saying.
My boyfriend is a musician, he is in a band and plays a few instruments (guitar, guitar base and drums) but also experiments with electronic. And sometimes gets criticized by other "strict" colleagues for using electronic devises like the kaossilator and other synthesizers but he just laughs because at the end all he want to do and create music.
He puts his soul when he plays the guitar and does the same with the kaossilator.

Because is not like a dj (mixer) or someone who really creates music out of electronic instruments, would wait in front of the computer and say "please computer make this for me".
It's really not that easy and requires to put your soul and talent too :)
Just my opinion

I really understand what you're saying.
My boyfriend is a musician, he is in a band and plays a few instruments (guitar, guitar base and drums) but also experiments with electronic. And sometimes gets criticized by other "strict" colleagues for using electronic devises like the kaossilator and other synthesizers but he just laughs because at the end all he want to do and create music.
He puts his soul when he plays the guitar and does the same with the kaossilator.

Because is not like a dj (mixer) or someone who really creates music out of electronic instruments, would wait in front of the computer and say "please computer make this for me".
It's really not that easy and requires to put your soul and talent too :)
Just my opinion

I don't really agree with that but hey, we all have opinions and I respect yours.

Re: Pepsi Bad Remixes - ACTIVE !!

Well the mix is not bad, comparing to the T25 mixes! But the beginning is annoying, the better part starts at about 1 minute!

Oh and the last part kind of sucks!

That might be true, but it takes away from that 'human' feel that music has. You know, just somebody banging his drums or playing the guitar. Back in the day it used to be a person playing the instrument, as if he was expressing himself, expressing his feelings through music. Now it's all programmed, and it's like people don't have to do anything anymore. It takes away all the 'soul' from the music, which you would normally feel, as the performer/singer/drummer/guitarist put into his work. You're supposed to be listening to a person, not to a computer.

I agree with this to a certain degree, it takes a musician to make something soulful but having electronic and programmed things doesnt have to strip away that. Keep in mind that all of MJ's solo albums (except for Off The Wall) contains loads of programmed percusions and synthesizer..

For me there has to be a melody. That's the most important. A beautiful melody.... It doesn't matter much to me how it is made.

I agree with this to a certain degree, it takes a musician to make something soulful but having electronic and programmed things doesnt have to strip away that. Keep in mind that all of MJ's solo albums (except for Off The Wall) contains loads of programmed percusions and synthesizer..

True. Which is why I'm more of a 'rock 'n roll' type of guy. I'm a fan of people playing their own instruments and creating together something that sounds very 'alive', so to speak. Then again, Michael too had a lot of talented musicians playing on his albums and on his songs.

This subject made me listen to some 80ties songs again with all synths:

Eurythmics, for instance:

[youtube]TzFnYcIqj6I[/youtube]

[youtube]yOGD1WkJJok[/youtube]

for T.N.A. ...:D

[youtube]HwBPs3MhXm8[/youtube]

[youtube]T9Y3m7fisOU[/youtube]

Also composed by Vangelis, Donna Summer version (Hi Bumper!..:D):

[youtube]cPlNrP9B2Zs[/youtube]

[youtube]XDIYOiQUi2s[/youtube]

and last but not least

[youtube]m9WdUgn0XkU[/youtube]

^^Good stuff. :D

Here's a personal favorite of mine. ACDC on the top of their game. The mad genius Angus Young and his guitar kicking ass on so many levels.

[youtube]xWCQ8CAKNtY[/youtube]

And here's something completely different. Something incredibly simple yet so amazing. Freddie Mercury at its best...

[youtube]hWCm5PHpU8Y[/youtube]

Last edited:
hat might be true, but it takes away from that 'human' feel that music has. You know, just somebody banging his drums or playing the guitar. Back in the day it used to be a person playing the instrument, as if he was expressing himself, expressing his feelings through music. Now it's all programmed, and it's like people don't have to do anything anymore. It takes away all the 'soul' from the music, which you would normally feel, as the performer/singer/drummer/guitarist put into his work. You're supposed to be listening to a person, not to a computer.

yep everything u said is true, the music of today doesnt have the beautiful magic touch it once did. Like take michael's music for instance- with his music it made u feel like u were taken away to another world filled with so much happiness, love & joy and now music today is too much sex & drugs.

Has this been posted? I thought it was pretty cool seeing it playing in a club. The crowd is loving it.:D (Sorry if it's a repeat).

Back