Afrojack Bad Remix

• Love it

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 43 30.1%
  • Hate it

Votes: 27 18.9%

• Total voters
While I think the Bad remix is okay as far as promoting the album, it's not something I would pay for... It has nothing special that the original doesn't have. A good remix should make you think, "Hum, do I want to listen to the original or to the remix today?" There are not many official remixes that have that effect on me, only the "History" remix on Blood On The Dance Floor, the "Butterfly Outland Club Mix" and the "You Are Not Alone" R. Kelly mix. Those remixes give the song a completely different style, without messing up the song. The Pepsi Bad remix doesn't mess up the song, but... it's pretty much the same style of music as the original, with just a few beats added here and there. Their aim should be to make more people like the song, even those who didn't like the original at first. They could have tried to make a hard rock version of Bad, that would have been an interesting take. Something like this:

Imagine you'd be a pro at what you do for a living and you have people telling you how to work. I know it would annoy me.

edit: i mean, i'm not complaining, i agree with (most of) what onir said to that guy im just putting myself on his shoes lol

Imagine you'd be a pro at what you do for a living and you have people telling you how to work. I know it would annoy me.

edit: i mean, i'm not complaining, i agree with (most of) what onir said to that guy im just putting myself on his shoes lol

He was very polite. I asked him a question, he replied to me. Then 9 days later, when I completly forgot about it, he replied to me again with more detailed information about my question. I was very polite too, I didn't tell him how to do his work, I just told him my thoughts and what most of MJ fans feels about Pepsi remixes and them being on the album.

And if you think about it, it will be better for them too - because more fans (their primar market) will buy album and be happy. Regular people don't buy Michael Jackson albums to hear some remixes of 25 years old songs. Remixes are great to gain more fans and to introduce MJ to new generations but should not be on the album. Better for us, better for them in my opinion. Look at I Just Can't Stop Loving You/DBMA single. It's #1 physical single in US, a success for them and all fans are happy.

Well i dont agree on people not wanting remixes. Maybe we dont but ppl listen to those things nowadays. In the other hand i dobt think general public is interested on unfinished demos. But again, it all go down to speculation.

And if i didnt say this, thank you for trying to get ananswer from the guy and get it

He was very polite. I asked him a question, he replied to me. Then 9 days later, when I completly forgot about it, he replied to me again with more detailed information about my question. I was very polite too, I didn't tell him how to do his work, I just told him my thoughts and what most of MJ fans feels about Pepsi remixes and them being on the album.

And if you think about it, it will be better for them too - because more fans (their primar market) will buy album and be happy. Regular people don't buy Michael Jackson albums to hear some remixes of 25 years old songs. Remixes are great to gain more fans and to introduce MJ to new generations but should not be on the album. Better for us, better for them in my opinion. Look at I Just Can't Stop Loving You/DBMA single. It's #1 physical single in US, a success for them and all fans are happy.

Wow... how presumptuous and arrogant of you. Are you the croatian fans spokesperson? Where do you get off speaking for all fans?

Because you sure as hell, ain't speaking for me or north american, or the rest of the world for that matter.

I want the remixes on the album.

First, you want to DEMAND that Spike Lee removes Justin Bieber off the MJ documentary (By the way, How did that one go?) and now you are speaking for fans, not wanting the remixes on the CD.

Maybe you should start a petition DEMANDING that the estate release a croatian SPECIAL EDITION of the Bad 25 packages.

Your opinion doesn't reflect everyone's... and you were not authorized to speak for MJ's fans....therefore, YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR FANS. You misrepresented yourself to the dude.

Get it?

Last edited:
Wow... how presumptuous and arrogant of you. Are you the croatian fans spokesperson? Where do you get off speaking for all fans?

Because you sure as hell, ain't speaking for me or north american, or the rest of the world for that matter.

First, you want to DEMAND that Spike Lee removes Justin Bieber off the MJ documentary (By the way, How did that one go?) and now you are speaking for fans, not wanting the remixes on the CD.

Maybe you should start a petition DEMANDING that the estate release a croatian SPECIAL EDITION of the Bad 25 packages.

Your opinion doesn't reflect everyone's... and you were not authorized to speak for MJ's fans....therefore, YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR FANS. You misrepresented yourself to the dude.

Get it?

I think I didn't get what you said to Onir. Can you draw it to me?

Get it?

I twetted Spike few times about Bieber, no response from him (if you are so interested in that). I'll let you know if something happens. I told him my opinion. You have twitter, you have Estate's official twitter, you have Jeff's twitter - so you should demand more remixes, or just remixes (we didn't get enough of them yet) or whatever you want. Don't understand what you have against me or my country and really don't understand what is your problem.

Well i dont agree on people not wanting remixes. Maybe we dont but ppl listen to those things nowadays. In the other hand i dobt think general public is interested on unfinished demos. But again, it all go down to speculation.

And if i didnt say this, thank you for trying to get ananswer from the guy and get it

Yes, people listen those remixes at clubs, which is great promotion. But those people (general public, young people who listens that kind of music) don't buy albums. And Pepsi remixes are free so anyone can download it.

I twetted Spike few times about Bieber, no response from him (if you are so interested in that). I'll let you know if something happens. I told him my opinion. You have twitter, you have Estate's official twitter, you have Jeff's twitter - so you should demand more remixes, or just remixes (we didn't get enough of them yet) or whatever you want. Don't understand what you have against me or my country and really don't understand what is your problem.

**face palm** The point is..you do not speak for anyone (not even local fans, let alone ALL fans) but yourself.

images

**face palm** The point is..you do not speak for anyone (not even local fans, let alone ALL fans) but yourself.

I never said all fans, I said fans (I meant most of the fans) and if you read comments on youtube, twitter or even here that is true. Fans "prefer more demos, early versions & unheard material" - that was my exact words.

Immortal album which was remix album made for general public was a failure. Some fans liked the remixes, some did not. But you didn't see general public rushing to the stores to buy remixes. And now IJCSLY/DBMA single is a success, over 90% of the fans love it.

And I really don't want to fight with you. So if you want to continue feel free, I'm done.

Onir Michael Jackson ?@onir_mj
@Chino7671 Hey Jeff, do you know if the Pepsi remixes will be released on Bad 25 album? Or these remixes are just Pepsi exclusive. Thanks.

Jeff Monachino ?@Chino7671
@onir_mj Good question. I don't know yet. I'll see if I can get an answer.

@Chino7671 Thanks for your response. Although the first remix is great fans would prefer more demos, early versions & unheard material.

@Chino7671 We think that Pepsi remixes should be Pepsi exclusive and not included on CD2. Pepsi promo CD with all remixes would be cool.

Jeff Monachino ?@Chino7671
@onir_mj I heard the Afrojack remix of Bad "might" make it onto the CD. It's still TBD, as of yesterday.

@Chino7671 Thank you for your response. Please keep in mind that fans prefer demos & unheard material over remixes. Few remixes will be OK.

@Chino7671 New song Don't Be Messin' Around (Demo) is great. More stuff like that would be amazing.

That guy works at Sony on Bad 25 project.

Does TBD mean to be determined?

I'm surprised there hasn't been a new remix other than Afrojack yet

Yes, people listen those remixes at clubs, which is great promotion. But those people (general public, young people who listens that kind of music) don't buy albums. And Pepsi remixes are free so anyone can download it.

you think they buy the album if there are more demos than remixes?! seriously?

you think they buy the album if there are more demos than remixes?! seriously?

No. But more fans will be happy. And fans should be their primary market. General public care only about greatest hits collections and classics like Bad album. DVD will also be great for general public.

And in my opinion if someone hear good Michael Jackson remix in some club, I'm sure that that person will just download that remix on itunes or in this case for free instead of buying the whole Bad 25 album. That's my point.

No. But more fans will be happy. And fans should be their primary market. General public care only about greatest hits collections and classics like Bad album. DVD will also be great for general public..

NO NO NO.
The Estate MUST try to widen the fan base in the future NOT only appeal to the current fan base...
The general public only care about greatest hits etc if there is no compelling reason for them to care for anything else. Do you think Elvis' "A Little Less Conversation" was aimed at the fans only? NO. Do you think it was only the fans buying it? OF COURSE NOT.
Do you think it was probably the best bit of promo for Elvis the estate had done in years? OF COURSE IT WAS. That remix, that song was a massive success because the estate reached out. If they had re-released the original it would have flopped and hardly anybody would know about it, just like IJCSLU.

And in my opinion if someone hear good Michael Jackson remix in some club, I'm sure that that person will just download that remix on itunes or in this case for free instead of buying the whole Bad 25 album. That's my point.

You're wrong. Sales of Elvis' albums increased because of his remix. So did merchandise. It's a fact that the remix did good things for the longevity of Elvis.

The MJ Estate need to cater to fans of course, but they need a smash breakthrough product too, and they can't do that by concentrating on fans only.

For example Skrillex is getting more and more coverage in Europe. The rumoured Skrillex remix could potentially be a perfect opportunity for both the MJ Estate and Skrillex to have some real success (particularly in Europe) if it's done right.
In fact I just found out Skrillex is the BBC's "Sound of 2012"!

NO NO NO.
The Estate MUST try to widen the fan base in the future NOT only appeal to the current fan base...
The general public only care about greatest hits etc if there is no compelling reason for them to care for anything else. Do you think Elvis' "A Little Less Conversation" was aimed at the fans only? NO. Do you think it was only the fans buying it? OF COURSE NOT.
Do you think it was probably the best bit of promo for Elvis the estate had done in years? OF COURSE IT WAS. That remix, that song was a massive success because the estate reached out. If they had re-released the original it would have flopped and hardly anybody would know about it, just like IJCSLU.

You're wrong. Sales of Elvis' albums increased because of his remix. So did merchandise. It's a fact that the remix did good things for the longevity of Elvis.

The MJ Estate need to cater to fans of course, but they need a smash breakthrough product too, and they can't do that by concentrating on fans only.

For example Skrillex is getting more and more coverage in Europe. The rumoured Skrillex remix could potentially be a perfect opportunity for both the MJ Estate and Skrillex to have some real success (particularly in Europe) if it's done right.
In fact I just found out Skrillex is the BBC's "Sound of 2012"!

Elvis died in 1977. A Little Less Conversation (JXL remix) was released in 2002. That was 25th anniversary of his death. That remix was really great and that is very rare. Also promotion for that single was huge, great video + it was used for a 2002 World Cup advertising campaign, Nike commercial with some of the greatest footballers in the world. Lots of things coincided for that song to become #1 hit in UK and most of Europe, although it was #50 hit in US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkCyWOR5LTU

If MJ Estate can do something like this, that would be great, but I doubt they will.

I also think its good they add few remixes for young people so they get to learn michael jackson.. maybe they watch then performances of him and also get as fascinated as me 10years ago ;)

i am sure there are 65 % demos and maximum 35 % remixes ;)

and the concert is especially for the current fanbase.. (because of lower video but higher performance quality) but also for general customers yes ;)

I also think its good they add few remixes for young people so they get to learn michael jackson.. maybe they watch then performances of him and also get as fascinated as me 10years ago ;)

i am sure there are 65 % demos and maximum 35 % remixes ;)

and the concert is especially for the current fanbase.. (because of lower video but higher performance quality) but also for general customers yes ;)

I hope there are going to be more Demos than Remixes as Michael's Demos are unlike anything elese

Check out the 30 highest paid DJ's in the list below!
  • 30: Afrojack Net Worth – $2 million
  • 29: Markus Schulz Net Worth – $2 million
  • 28: Darude Net Worth – $2.5 million
  • 27: Kaskade Net Worth – $3 million
  • 26: Martin Solveig Net Worth – $3 million
  • 25: Eric Prydz Net Worth – $4 million
  • 24: Swedish House Mafia Net Worth – $4 million each
  • 23: Gareth Emery Net Worth – $5 million
  • 22: Avicii Net Worth – $6 million
  • 21: Skrillex Net Worth – $8 million
  • 20: ATB aka Andre Tanneberger – $8 million
  • 19: Calvin Harris Net Worth – 10 million