Afrojack Bad Remix

• Love it

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 43 30.1%
  • Hate it

Votes: 27 18.9%

• Total voters
I actually here the Skrillex track 'Bangarang' several times a week on UK radio now. This dude's gaining momentum IMO.
This would be the perfect time to drop the Skrillex remix to UK radio IMO.

EDIT:
After a little research I just found a web page that says they were contacted by Skrillex's team who said he is NOT involved in this promotion.

I wonder what happened? I wonder if Afrojack is the only release we're gonna get.

Last edited:
I actually here the Skrillex track 'Bangarang' several times a week on UK radio now. This dude's gaining momentum IMO.
This would be the perfect time to drop the Skrillex remix to UK radio IMO.

EDIT:
After a little research I just found a web page that says they were contacted by Skrillex's team who said he is NOT involved in this promotion.

I wonder what happened? I wonder if Afrojack is the only release we're gonna get.

That was just a rumor about Skrillex. Diplo & A-Trak remixes will be released.

A rumor? It's a full article sayin Skrillex and the other 2 joining pepis to do the remixes... Unless that statement is a fake

Diplo and A-Trak set to remix Michael Jackson’s ‘Bad’ for Pepsi’s 25th-anniversary campaign (Update: no Skrillex)

Pepsi and Coca-Cola will see themselves in a heavyweight battle this summer as both brands prepare new global ad campaigns. Coke has a history of working with electronic artists, having teamed up with David Guetta and Daft Punk to distribute “Club Coke” bottles in 2011. This summer, Coke will take on the 2012 London Olympic Games with their “Move To The Beat” campaign, which also features Mark Ronson’s “Anywhere in the World” as the official song.

Pepsi has their own mega-promotion in the works – retaliating with a commanding dose of EDM themselves. The international soda brand will be turning their attention to the 25th-anniversary of Michael Jackson’s Bad - a campaign slated for mid-May that will feature a series of remixes from superstar DJs. Names that have been included with the project have been Skrillex, Diplo, and A-Trak – the same threesome that graced the cover of Billboard this February. The remixes of “Bad” will be available for download exclusively via a special Pepsi-can promotion that will require fans to scan a code with their phone.

Update: We’ve just been contacted by Skrillex’s team who let us know that he is not involved in this promotion… More as we get it.

http://www.dancingastronaut.com/201...psis-25th-anniversary-campaign/#axzz1z5hDRnEL

I was skeptical about theses remixes at first, then I ended up really enjoying the Afrojack mix, and now........well, now I just don't even care anymore....shouldn't there have been more mixes by now?

On June 25th Pepsi send out an email to their members (people that are registered to Pepsi world) for the month of June. It says get a remix of Bad by AfroJack. The remixes are ongoing until the end of August. So either they will do one remix a month - 3 remixes total - or it's just Afrojack remix.

But the month of June is pretty much over :lol: I just figured we'd see another remix by now...

Pepsi Bad Remixes is active and working

This is what you need to do :

you need a picture of the can

send it to mj@pepsi.com

you get an email with a link

that link shows your picture and asks if you want to share it with your friend on facebook /twitter - you can choose "no thanks" and not share the picture

it sends you another link that you can preview and download a remix

------------------------------

I was given Bad remix by Afrojack (quite good remix btw, I liked it) plus the links seem to fixed. I was able to open the link in another browser / machine. Although I'm not sure if we can share/ post them or not.

Hi Ivy, sorry to ask this as there may already be an answer. I am reading this at via phone. Are the cans that you refer to the same cans as the ones you buy with the Pepsi promotion? I have 2 cans that I found in Hollywood on Hollywood Blvd., otherwise they are hard to find. Need to know if I should get different cans. Thank you much.

I thought y'all might like to know that the Afrojack remix is being played a lót on Dutch radio stations. :happy:
Hoping it turns into a hit here, but even if it won't it's still so awesome to hear a 'new' kind of MJ song being played.

I've been trying to send a new picture to see if any new tracks have been added but they keep rejecting my pictures (even my first picture that they initially accepted). Anyone else having this problem?

Heard Liberian Girl on YT yesterday, apparently a Pepsi mix

[h=6]What I have received on FB:

Michael Jackson

[/h][h=6]TODAY’S TRIVIA: Did you know that Dutch DJ Afrojack – who was not even born when BAD was first released – actually went into Westlake Studios, where the Bad album was recorded, to create the New BAD Remix? And now you can hear the New BAD Remix By Afrojack Featuring a rap performance by Pitbull paying tribute to the King of Pop! This is just one of 13 tracks on the bonus disc in the BAD25 3CD/1DVD deluxe edition. For to listen to the entire remix and more info on BAD25 visit: http://myplay.me/vn0

[/h]

It makes me wanna puke.

BUMPER SNIPPET;3695713 said:
What I have received on FB:

Michael Jackson

TODAY’S TRIVIA: Did you know that Dutch DJ Afrojack – who was not even born when BAD was first released – actually went into Westlake Studios, where the Bad album was recorded, to create the New BAD Remix? And now you can hear the New BAD Remix By Afrojack Featuring a rap performance by Pitbull paying tribute to the King of Pop! This is just one of 13 tracks on the bonus disc in the BAD25 3CD/1DVD deluxe edition. For to listen to the entire remix and more info on BAD25 visit: http://myplay.me/vn0

It makes me wanna puke.

Don't see why the dude who remixed it not being alive when Bad was released was relevant but ok....

Those who have pre-ordered the 25-BAD suitcase with all the stuff in it, how do you feel knowing that you have guys like Afrojack or Pitbull in it?

I personally feel as if Mozart was played by David Guetta.

Doesn't bother me that much. They are just remixes. other peoples tributes added on. I understand why they are there and I kind of like like the afrojac remix minus Pittbull. That was not the greatest decision. But we know they are not marketed to die hard MJ fans they are to bring in in Pepsi NOW generation. We got ours.. They gave us much more than we dreamed of with this package. Ill just skip the remixes I don't like and enjoy all the other content. and the BAD suitcase :)

Remixes are not going to ruin the whole experience of BAD25 because every one knows they are the artist contributions. Just like the crappy Fergie remix and Kanye BJ remix on T25 that MJ allowed.. I still bought it . But yes your point is noted they cant compare to Michael's musical genius and there could have been better much better choices made. This was Pepsi's crappy contribution to the album _ but they are bringing in a new generation of fans who will buy and hear the awesome MJ originals.

Think of it this way .. you buys a book of beautiful Rembrandt paintings and at the back they have some student paintings featured that don't quite hold up. That doesn't ruin the whole book - its just gives you comparisons and different interpretations. Rembrandt's work holds up, remains awesome and beautiful regardless.

I'm not looking for a debate, your point is noted, understood and respected .. Pittbull sucks

And welcome back. I missed you :)

@ Qbee, I understand what you mean. And as I stated earlier, I don't mind remixes at all. I actually have bought every official remix of every MJ's song on maxi cds, maxi cassettes and even 45 maxi vinyls. I can also admit that some remixes (which are somewhat alternative versions) I prefer over album versions (for example R.Kelly remix of "You Are Not Alone"). But, they have been sold separately. Exception made for Thriller 25 which however were done in a quite difficult period of life for MJ who needed to relaunch his career. MJ was overtarnished, so I can understand what he did back then.

But for God's sake knowing that those remixes with Afrojack (who wasn't even born when BAD came out) and/or Pitbull (wtf?) are sealed in that BAD25 suitcase makes me go mad. Can you imagine buying a compilation of Mozart classical music nicely wrapped and you know that inside you have two-three versions of compositions re-done by a "wtf DJ" who can't even play a single musical instrument, nor sing, nor actually ever reach any kind of magical creation except amuse people by scratching, deforming sounds and talking over already perfectly shaped melody and arrangements by the KING himself.

It is as if they remade the movie Ben Hur with Vin Diesel and replaced the charriot by a car from Fast and Furious 4 and sealed it together in a nice Ben Hur suitcase which (luckily) includes the original movie.

p.s. Thanks for welcoming me back, I was actually around, I just didn't have much to say :)

p.p.s. Oh, and I have a message for the Estate. This is what they are doing to Michael's legacy, enjoy it:

[youtube]IjryoKTqrmM[/youtube]

[youtube]Evdkh5yv6gA[/youtube]

Last edited:
Well Bumper me too I would like to fullheartedly welcome you back but if you just come here for continuing your anti Estate (Branca) war, now here in this thread, and on that tone, I think you just want to fight Estate and that's it and I think that's my last word about it.

Well Bumper me too I would like to fullheartedly welcome you back but if you just come here for continuing your anti Estate (Branca) war, now here in this thread, and on that tone, I think you just want to fight Estate and that's it and I think that's my last word about it.

No, I am not anti-Estate, I am pro_michael Jackson. I don't care about the Etsate or anyone else, I care about MJ's art.

Where do we get the flavor of BAD era in that suitcase like for example these items (did you even know that they existed back then?):

12424834_p.jpg
Michael-Jackson-The-Way-You-Make-346836.jpg

speeddemon.jpg
Michael-Jackson-Liberian-Girl-181924.jpg
Another%20Part%20Of%20Me%20maxi%20holland.jpg

jackson-man-in-the-mirror.jpg
images

thumbMichael%20Jackson%20-%20Smooth%20Criminal%20(Maxi%20Single)%20Front.jpg
Michael-Jackson-Smooth-Criminal--134478.jpg

99614152visionary-singles-leave-me-alone-2-png.png

I am sure there's enough space in that suitcase for those jewels. Oh yeah right, we had "I just can't stop loving you" single.

There's also plenty of space for the movie Moonwalker on Blu-Ray, and since they used PEPSI for advertizing BAD, they could also have included short PEPSI movies as a bonus to the DVD or Blu-Ray.

But who cares right? The Estate know what they're doing, right? Indenting Pitbull on a MJ BAD 25 wrapped in a sealed suit case. A dream came true... Not! It may be only a drop, but a drop of poison is enough to contaminate the whole glass of pure water.

Those who have pre-ordered the 25-BAD suitcase with all the stuff in it, how do you feel knowing that you have guys like Afrojack or Pitbull in it?

I can't stand Pitbull, but I'm not going to let one crappy remix ruin the whole thing for me. And The Afrojack remix sans Pitbull is not that bad IMO.

So to answer your question -->

Good to see you around again btw.! Missed your wits and humor.

Now my very last word : so a drop of poison... OK and my drop of oil was enough for someone to spit fire. Undifferent if that person is right or wrong about all he says about the releases, the way he does it, I know it too well for a long time now, the holy fire... and I never forget a PM were a person that (you) know very very well told me he will never stop his fight against Branca. One can criticize releases as much as you want. Some of us know the motive could be a still burning hate against Branca. And I know there are Jackson Family haters on boards too, and it's more than sad, but also Branca haters.... been long on the boards now. Good luck with the wars.

Last edited:
Now my very last word : so a drop of poison... OK and my drop of oil was enough for someone to spit fire. Undifferent if that person is right or wrong about all he says about the releases, the way he does it, I know it too well for a long time now, the holy fire... and I never forget a PM were a person that (you) know very very well told me he will never stop his fight against Branca. One can criticize releases as much as you want. Some of us know the motive could be a still burning hate against Branca. And I know there are Jackson Family haters on boards too, and it's more than sad, but also Branca haters.... been long on the boards now. Good luck with the wars.

I am not a Branca hater, I am a Michael Jackson lover.

What you don't get is that I don't have anything personal against Branca nor anyone else. I am here as an MJ fan, not as anyone else's fan. And as an MJ fan I vehemently defend MJ's legacy against anyone who spoils it.

If you had read my post you would have seen that I said that I have nothing against remixes and that --on the contrary -- I bought all official remixes. And I'll repeat in other words in form of a question: who was the moron who decided to include remixes that have no tracable or valuable memories to a commemorative edition of BAD 25 in a special suit-case?

The excuse that was used was to attract younger generations. But what moron would buy a whole suit-case only because he was seduced by one Afrojack and Pitbull Remix in order to find music that has nothing to do with that remix?

My point was simply to indicate that the new remixes should be sold separately, or if they include remixes in that suitcase, then at least include the original official remixes from BAD era.

p.s. And please, take this as a piece of advice, don't think that you know people when you clearly don't. In any case you don't know me at all, so I am advising you to stop calling me a hater or a war wager.

I did not write that you were that person, maybe I suggested it a bit. But I will stop, please go on...

hmm why are we so fixated on the suitcase?

the same remixes will be at the 2 CD ($12.99) version as well as the 3CD + 1DVD ($34.99) version. Plus at least Afrojack & Pitbull remix is being sold as a single mp3 digitally while the rest seems to be planned to be sold as "album only" digitally.

Plus it's also quite obvious that the $200 collectors edition box is aimed towards the die hard fans and not the new MJ fans and/or Afrojack , Nero or Pitbull fans. I'm almost certain that Afrojack, Nero or Pitbull fans will buy the $1.29 mp3 rather than buying the $200 case or even the $12.99 2 CD.

And I'll repeat in other words in form of a question: who was the moron who decided to include remixes that have no tracable or valuable memories to a commemorative edition of BAD 25 in a special suit-case?

Probably the "moron" who said if we don't include them the people who paid $200 bucks would say "I paid $200 bucks and they didn't even include the remixes that comes in the cheapest $12.99 version, what a rip off". I think it was the same "moron" who decided to email the link to the mp3 of the Afrojack + Pitbull remix to the ones that pre-ordered the case a month before the album release date for free.

damned if they do, damned if they don't.

There will be always people who'd enjoy things like this one and just accept them:

Ecce-Homo_3_d75ea.jpg
tumblr_m970w3IjJx1qa5gfco1_500.jpg

Well, I am not one of those people, I prefer it the way it should be:

Ecce-Homo-Elias-Garcia-Martinez-10-years-ago.jpg

9%209%20Whistlers%20Mother%20copy.jpg

Last edited:
Back