PEPSI NOT RE-RELEASING MJs COMMERCIALS

It’s not indicative of anything given how many other stars have been left off. Wembley left off a load of performers on that poster as well.

If MJ was such a non entity he wouldn’t have Funko Pops coming out what feels like weekly and they wouldn’t be making a film or musical about him.

The musical would’ve absolutely tanked.

Commercial vs public has always been MJs fight and it’s why MJ will always win. He connected with the people, not with the companies.

Rotten Tomatoes got exposed for faking scores just the other day. Who cares what these people do or think? The public are filling the musical, the public are filling the One theatre, the public are buying 1 million albums this year.

It’s not 2018 but that’s fine. MJ is still standing strong.
To be fair no arguments, you've made a lot of strong points there

Do we care? Don't we want to forget the whole Pepsi thing anyway. Its also a crap drink (so is coke), messing with our health and environment, don't want Michael associated with selling more of that crap to kids.
That is true, I HATE ANY soda I WILL NOT drink it in any circumstance. But also I agree, as much I want Michael to be induced, it's not the healthiest way and also Michael himself didn't like Pepsi. Also to think of it, we have Madonna and Britney, they are all alive and if you have just one dead person, that would seem a little out of place..

MeToo was important, the problem is that we are forced to believe every accuser. People (especially the once in the public eye) are afraid of expressing their doubts do to cancellation etc. and the world seem to have forgotten the existence of greed and liars. It's all so undemocratic.
Were the importance and the actual good that movement did worth sacrificing Michael for? I do see the good in it but... it's just not fair to Michael.

And @ChrisC , thank you for your post.

Last edited:
The times have changed. Arguably the impact of LN was bigger. It feels that way to me anyway. Also don’t forget it is the third time this happens, it’s pretty damning.
While I agree nothing was the same for MJ after 93, it wasn't all doom and gloom. The History tour had the biggest attendance. He still had hits. 2019 felt like the opposite of 2009. Paris crying at the memorial changed some people's opinions on MJ imo. It reminded people that he was a human being. 2019 just shocked and fooled some back into the old tabloid narrative initially. If 93, 05, 19 didnt "cancel" MJ. I dont think Fraudson and SafeCHECK ever will. The current case isnt really about MJs guilt. It's over whether MJs company's are liable for "allowing" alleged abuse. I dont think they will win anyway.

Were the importance and the actual good that movement did worth sacrificing Michael for? I don't know if it was...
I'm troubled by this statement. I have many issues with MeToo, most obviously the way it has contributed to a culture where the court of public opinion rules and we all, apparently, are required to automatically believe everything that a 'victim' claims. Regardless of whether their claims have been challenged or tested in any way. It is heartbreaking, depressing, unfortunate beyond belief that Michael has been the victim of this aspect of MeToo.

That said, MeToo hasn't been all bad and it has helped women. Some women. Some women in Western countries.

???? I don't know exactly how you mean that? Yes, millions of women are more important than one man...
This.

The times have changed. Arguably the impact of LN was bigger. It feels that way to me anyway. Also don’t forget it is the third time this happens, it’s pretty damning.

Sadly, it did more damage than 1993 and 2005 combined could do. The MeToo movement (I'm assuming) had good intentions at first but then some people hopped on the trend and started to make false allegations for monetary gain. But then it's supposed to be "believe every SA victim" which I get but some took advantage of it. The GP started thinking differently and reevaluating allegations of people in the industry. And then that whole media attention early 2019, then Sundance and it made more headlines.. And then that R. Kelly doc being released weeks before didn't help MJ's situation. When the LN trailer rolled around, it made it even worse. The editing of the trailer also didn't help, of course they would use the one footage in it that would clickbait people into checking the doc out, MJ's message to Wade. The intense music, the heavily edited MJ message to him with all the closeups and the strange editing. And of course, they left out the most important parts of the message and acted like MJ wasn't sending his friends & family similar video messages due to his fascination with the new (at the time) technology. And then when it premiered, the aftershow with Oprah.. We all know how Oprah is but the general public doesn't. People saw these 2 getting interviewed by Oprah so they thought oh so it has to be true and their stories are correct. It was almost if Oprah validated them by interviewing them in the public's eyes. The GP until about now thinks of Oprah as positive woman, squeaky clean image & could do no wrong. After all that, that's when all hell broke loose and now things have never been the same since.

Funny thing about corporations is they'll dodge Michael to not anger fans and yet they'll go out and be as woke as humanly possible and piss off even more people.

???? I don't know exactly how you mean that? Yes, millions of women are more important than one man...
I'm troubled by this statement. I have many issues with MeToo, most obviously the way it has contributed to a culture where the court of public opinion rules and we all, apparently, are required to automatically believe everything that a 'victim' claims. Regardless of whether their claims have been challenged or tested in any way. It is heartbreaking, depressing, unfortunate beyond belief that Michael has been the victim of this aspect of MeToo.

That said, MeToo hasn't been all bad and it has helped women. Some women. Some women in Western countries.
I do realize now that my statement is pretty... dark, and unfair to actual victims, and I do apologize. I just don't like that Michael got affected by it.

Pepsi should release a MJ Pepsi album with all the songs he recorded for them

Were the importance and the actual good that movement did worth sacrificing Michael for? I do see the good in it but... it's just not fair to Michael.

And @ChrisC , thank you for your post.
Michael is not Sacrificed. He is not Canceled. People are just becoming straight up victimization fetishists.

Talk to R.Kelly and Bill Cosby fans, maybe they can help y'all to stop feeling so sorry for yourselves.

Oprah has nothing to do with the people’s reaction, at least not in Europe. Her show doesn’t get aired here.

After LN premiered in Belgium on the biggest tv station (after being heavily advertised) they had an aftershow with fans and child abuse experts and they discussed what they saw. The interviewed fans changed their stance and said they think he was guilty now. The child abuse help line afterwards got so many calls from worried people that they needed extra help to take all the phone calls.

Belgium also is still traumatized after a big pedophilia case of the 90s where a man and his wife kidknapped several children, locked them up in his basement and molested them for months, most of them eventually died. Our country has never been the same since.

We really didn’t go lightly over LN, it was a very big thing here, it sparked debates for weeks. I don’t know of a single famous Belgian celebrity publically defending Michael, not a single one. Not a single news item or article regarding Michael uses the word alleged anymore, he is seen as guilty and it is not debatable. His airplay is still down in numbers compared to the years 2009-2018.

I’m not making this up or making it worse than it is, you have to understand my pessimism regarding the subject, the impact was gigantic here in my country.

Oprah has nothing to do with the people’s reaction, at least not in Europe. Her show doesn’t get aired here.

After LN premiered in Belgium on the biggest tv station (after being heavily advertised) they had an aftershow with fans and child abuse experts and they discussed what they saw. The interviewed fans changed their stance and said they think he was guilty now. The child abuse help line afterwards got so many calls from worried people that they needed extra help to take all the phone calls.

Belgium also is still traumatized after a big pedophilia case of the 90s where a man and his wife kidknapped several children, locked them up in his basement and molested them for months, most of them eventually died. Our country has never been the same since.

We really didn’t go lightly over LN, it was a very big thing here, it sparked debates for weeks. I don’t know of a single famous Belgian celebrity publically defending Michael, not a single one. Not a single news item or article regarding Michael uses the word alleged anymore, he is seen as guilty and it is not debatable. His airplay is still down in numbers compared to the years 2009-2018.

I’m not making this up or making it worse than it is, you have to understand my pessimism regarding the subject, the impact was gigantic here in my country.
Maybe that is the situation in Belgium - in Germany however a lot of serious media outlets said LN was not based on ethical journalism.

Her show used to be (still is?) aired in the UK and she is well-known but I don't think she had anything to do with people latching on to LN. She is certainly a troublesome part of this story but, for the UK, I don't think she is that important.

Maybe that is the situation in Belgium - in Germany however a lot of serious media outlets said LN was not based on ethical journalism.
I didn't watch LN or follow the media coverage closely here in the UK. But so many people regard it as the 'proof' of Michael's guilt. Oprah never gets referenced; at least, I haven't seen it. I think for many people it goes, '1994 settlement ➡️ LN = bingo! He's guilty'. So many people reference LN as confirmation of what they already believed. Which I think is why I see the 'p' word in the UK media used with no caveats.

Of course there are hopeful signs. R2 did start to play his music again. The musical is coming to London. I'm not saying it's 100% hopeless. But there is a solid core of people, imo, who totally believe that Michael is guilty. And that might not matter too much except some of those people are in the media which means they can provide a low-key but steady drip-drip of the idea that he is, in fact, guilty.

As for people 'doing the research', for someone who believes LN, I don't think they think there is anything more to be said or to find out.

I'm glad that Germany took a more thoughtful approach to the tv programme. France was good, also. There was that round table debate that Hector Barjot was part of, that was good. I have no idea if we had anything like that in the UK but, if so, it hasn't popped up on YT.

Not a single news item or article regarding Michael uses the word alleged anymore, he is seen as guilty and it is not debatable.
I see this in the UK. It's not a case of debate being closed down, it's more that there is no debate to be had, they don't think it's even needed. They think he's guilty and the 'proof' is there so there really is nothing more to be said. I'm not saying this view dominates the entire UK, not at all, but it does feel deeply entrenched to me. It doesn't stop the musical from coming to the West End and I'm sure it'll be a big success but that shadow is in the background and it's not a minor thing that can be ignored completely. Not imo, anyway.

Last edited:
Michael is not Sacrificed. He is not Canceled. People are just becoming straight up victimization fetishists.

Talk to R.Kelly and Bill Cosby fans, maybe they can help y'all to stop feeling so sorry for yourselves.
I guess I was being melodramatic, huh? Sigh...

Maybe I need a break too...

Her show used to be (still is?) aired in the UK and she is well-known but I don't think she had anything to do with people latching on to LN. She is certainly a troublesome part of this story but, for the UK, I don't think she is that important.

I didn't watch LN or follow the media coverage closely here in the UK. But so many people regard it as the 'proof' of Michael's guilt. Oprah never gets referenced; at least, I haven't seen it. I think for many people it goes, '1994 settlement ➡️ LN = bingo! He's guilty'. So many people reference LN as confirmation of what they already believed. Which I think is why I see the 'p' word in the UK media used with no caveats.

Of course there are hopeful signs. R2 did start to play his music again. The musical is coming to London. I'm not saying it's 100% hopeless. But there is a solid core of people, imo, who totally believe that Michael is guilty. And that might not matter too much except some of those people are in the media which means they can provide a low-key but steady drip-drip of the idea that he is, in fact, guilty.

As for people 'doing the research', for someone who believes LN, I don't think they think there is anything more to be said or to find out.

I'm glad that Germany took a more thoughtful approach to the tv programme. France was good, also. There was that round table debate that Hector Barjot was part of, that was good. I have no idea if we had anything like that in the UK but, if so, it hasn't popped up on YT.

I see this in the UK. It's not a case of debate being closed down, it's more that there is no debate to be had, they don't think it's even needed. They think he's guilty and the 'proof' is there so there really is nothing more to be said. I'm not saying this view dominates the entire UK, not at all, but it does feel deeply entrenched to me. It doesn't stop the musical from coming to the West End and I'm sure it'll be a big success but that shadow is in the background and it's not a minor thing that can be ignored completely. Not imo, anyway.
It's not a debate, in the media. The media are not aligned to the public view of Michael and never have been. Its obvious the media detest Michael because he refused to give them interviews and he was a financial heavyweight which pissed the higher ups off.

Michael had a target on his back after Thriller which only grew after the ATV acquisition. Murdoch clearly gave an instruction to only give him negative press. Silly, irrelevant, absurd and odd stories were printed daily. 93 was the jackpot for the hating media.

Michael was embraced and his legend beaming again after his death, although the media still were negative, the public as always loved him.

Although Leaving Neverland didn't cancel Michael, and he IS on the rise it was devastating in that it gave the haters, some very powerful haters free reign to very openly call Michael a pedophile on many, many platforms daily.

In the years since LN we have seen Michael be replaced in his usual stalwart positions in

Best music video, from Thriller to Like a Prayer

Best Superbowl performance, now Prince

Motown leaving him off their anniversary special, MTV renaming the Vanguard Award, Wembley removing his presence and now Pepsi. Make no mistake, Michael is a bigger brand than all mentioned but its a direct outcome of Leaving Neverland and its impact, these companies are just trying not to offend.

Make no mistake, Michael WILL take these titles back, it's just not where we are currently, the biggest weapon at the estates disposal is the biopic, the allegations need to be addressed and exposed, the director knows its extortion, if handled properly then I agree, for once with Branca that this film will be the biggest, most successful biopic ever.

When the media and grifters are exposed on screen to millions it hopefully will give Michael the sympathy and voice he wasn't allowed in life, it hopefully will become shameful to abuse him and will hopefully allow previous hate from news outlets and talk shows etc to be exposed for just how appalling they were.

Michael had a target on his back after Thriller which only grew after the ATV acquisition. Murdoch clearly gave an instruction to only give him negative press. Silly, irrelevant, absurd and odd stories were printed daily.
I know. I remember.

Michael was embraced and his legend beaming again after his death, although the media still were negative, the public as always loved him.
Not all of them, sadly.

It's not a debate, in the media. The media are not aligned to the public view of Michael and never have been. Its obvious the media detest Michael because he refused to give them interviews and he was a financial heavyweight which pissed the higher ups off.

Michael had a target on his back after Thriller which only grew after the ATV acquisition. Murdoch clearly gave an instruction to only give him negative press. Silly, irrelevant, absurd and odd stories were printed daily. 93 was the jackpot for the hating media.

Although Leaving Neverland didn't cancel Michael, and he IS on the rise it was devastating in that it gave the haters, some very powerful haters free reign to very openly call Michael a pedophile on many, many platforms daily.

In the years since LN we have seen Michael be replaced in his usual stalwart positions in

Motown leaving him off their anniversary special, MTV renaming the Vanguard Award, Wembley removing his presence and now Pepsi. Make no mistake, Michael is a bigger brand than all mentioned but its a direct outcome of Leaving Neverland and its impact, these companies are just trying not to offend.

Make no mistake, Michael WILL take these titles back, it's just not where we are currently, the biggest weapon at the estates disposal is the biopic, the allegations need to be addressed and exposed, the director knows its extortion, if handled properly then I agree, for once with Branca that this film will be the biggest, most successful biopic ever.

When the media and grifters are exposed on screen to millions it hopefully will give Michael the sympathy and voice he wasn't allowed in life, it hopefully will become shameful to abuse him and will hopefully allow previous hate from news outlets and talk shows etc to be exposed for just how appalling they were.

Unfortunately there's no way back for MJ if this trials goes south and the unthinkable happens.

We're at a very crucial stage for Michael's legacy, if these liars somehow win, MJ goes from alleged to convicted in the eyes of the public.

The 93 and 05 cases will be turned on their head.

I do remember watching the first part of LN and my hands were over my face for the majority of it. MJ is completely innocent in my view but hearing the way they described sexual acts etc made me want to vomit. I felt physically sick at the thought of MJ doing those things.

I worry for the jury being exposed to these horror stories and making decisions based on emotion. It's scary to think he might lose this.

I do remember watching the first part of LN and my hands were over my face for the majority of it. MJ is completely innocent in my view but hearing the way they described sexual acts etc made me want to vomit. I felt physically sick at the thought of MJ doing those things.
I think this is the biggest difference between some of us. Why subject yourself to something so sordid and putrid in the name of 'facts'? They prey on sensory overload.

I think this is the biggest difference between some of us. Why subject yourself to something so sordid and putrid in the name of 'facts'? They prey on sensory overload.
Tbh I was curious about what going to be shown , I didn't expect it to be so explicit - the first half was enough, I couldn't watch the 2nd part.

This was what I felt watching it, the public would have been exposed to these horrific stories too

I worry for the jury being exposed to these horror stories and making decisions based on emotion. It's scary to think he might lose this.
Bc there is no other way to know exactly what claims are being made. I have never watched LN and don't intend to but I appreciate the efforts from those people who did. All power to them. How else to know exactly what lies were being told? How can you fight back if you don't know what claims are being made? Bc people were prepared to watch this thing it meant they could challenge it very early on. It also means that they could track the edits and changes that DR made. That is really important, imo.

Tbh I was curious about what going to be shown , I didn't expect it to be so explicit
The explicit nature of the stories in LN are what swayed a lot of people, imo. That's another reason why it was so important that some of Michael's fans were able to stomach watching the thing and to stick with it all the way through. To know the exact nature of what was being put out there. Not just the lies but the way the story was being presented.

Bc there is no other way to know exactly what claims are being made. I have never watched LN and don't intend to but I appreciate the efforts from those people who did. All power to them. How else to know exactly what lies were being told? How can you fight back if you don't know what claims are being made? Bc people were prepared to watch this thing it meant they could challenge it very early on. It also means that they could track the edits and changes that DR made. That is really important, imo.

The explicit nature of the stories in LN are what swayed a lot of people, imo. That's another reason why it was so important that some of Michael's fans were able to stomach watching the thing and to stick with it all the way through. To know the exact nature of what was being put out there. Not just the lies but the way the story was being presented.
It was truly the worst MJ related show I've ever watched - it was only the first half but I've since seen a few clips of the ending etc

It was very explicit but what upset me the most was the detail that they went into to describe each act, truly disgusting 🤢

It was hard not to get the images out your head , we need to bear in mind that we're talking child sexual abuse , so what was being described was vile.

The general public watched this, they don't know all the ins and outs about the cases like us. I feel sick now even talking about it

It was truly the worst MJ related show I've ever watched - it was only the first half but I've since seen a few clips of the ending etc

It was very explicit but what upset me the most was the detail that they went into to describe each act, truly disgusting 🤢
It is disgusting and I'm sure that was a deliberate decision. Bc there is no reason, as far as I can see, for the 'story' to be quite so explicit. Csa is already distressing enough. Why go into such minute detail? They knew what they were doing.

It was hard not to get the images out your head
I'm sure that's why they did it like that. There is one single bit that I'm aware of bc it was referenced in a couple of interviews I watched - one with Brandi, one with some guy, can't remember who he was - anyway, fleeting references but now I can't 'unhear' that. Ugh!

, we need to bear in mind that we're talking child sexual abuse , so what was being described was vile.
I'll say it again, they knew what they were doing.

The general public watched this, they don't know all the ins and outs about the cases like us.
And this is exactly why people believe it and why it's pointless expecting people to 'do the research'. They've had all this crap fed into their brains, they don't think there is anything to research. Sure, some people do go ahead and look into it. That's great. Quite a few people who got into Michael after he died did research the story. But lots of people won't. Their interest in Michael doesn't go deep enough so for them it's case closed.

I feel sick now even talking about it
It's grim.

Bc there is no other way to know exactly what claims are being made. I have never watched LN and don't intend to but I appreciate the efforts from those people who did.
I understand wanting to do research. I'm talking more so just switching it on out of curiosity. Idk, there's levels of intensity, you just have to know exactly how it'll proceed: even if you don't know what exactly they'll say, just getting the general gist from somewhere.

Back