*PETITION* Victory tour on Blu ray

Hulkamaniac

Proud Member
I just had to do this. It's now or never ;)

We must focus on the good stuff and forget about the media because they always lie.

Let's show The Michael Jackson Estate how bad we want this concert to be released on Blu ray! Please sign the petition and share everywhere.

You can sign the petition HERE!

I think they owe us a box set to make up for the lack of shows released. A blu ray from each tour, the Michael Jackson Tour collection. Do it.

^Nuff said.​

Last edited:
Victory Tour was a mess, in my opinion. The best thing about it was Michael, of course. The rest....nah. I would want lots of other concerts before Victory Tour. Also, are people still playing DVDs and bluray, because not one single person on both sides of my family has a player any more....

Victory Tour and Bad Tour on Blu-Ray would be great. Do we know that they shot full concerts on 35mm film on Victory Tour? I don't know if this is film but it looks great:

concert footage is from film for sure.

Victory Tour and Bad Tour on Blu-Ray would be great. Do we know that they shot full concerts on 35mm film on Victory Tour? I don't know if this is film but it looks great:

Yes! All the footage used in that clip was filmed by Patrick Kelly.

There were many petitions like this in past. It never worked. For unknown reason Estate fails to release anything in HD/4K quality.

There were many petitions like this in past. It never worked. For unknown reason Estate fails to release anything in HD/4K quality.

Let's make this one a big petition ;) don't be lazy and share it.

Victory Tour was a mess, in my opinion. The best thing about it was Michael, of course. The rest....nah. I would want lots of other concerts before Victory Tour. Also, are people still playing DVDs and bluray, because not one single person on both sides of my family has a player any more....

For people who value the audio/visual experience, physical media is still superior.

I think they owe us a box set to make up for the lack of shows released. A blu ray from each tour, the Michael Jackson Tour collection. Do it.

I doubt if we get this or triumph. I wanna talk to branca myself & ask him what really is the hold up! Like are you waiting for even new technology to come or what!? If mgm classic movies can get upscaled then how can the biggest artist on the planet not have hq footage!

fbc8985860c63d13167d82d2b2e3da98.jpg

Why not. but I think the Estate don't have full say over this, as the Jacksons family is also involved. And since the family doesn't think too highly of the Estate............

Let's better make a petition to have a new Estate. :D

I also wish Yokohama 87 would be available to TV stations. Should be an easy one to locate and remaster(?). Yes, every fan knows this, but it should be out there.

Michael at his peak. A perfect concert. Fully live vocals, full energy.

It's a shame that the only concert that's on TV once in a while nowadays is that terrible MSG 2001 show.

Last edited:
I'd be happy with most concerts from 1981-1992 honestly regardless of the tour but I think I would take a Triumph Tour show over Victory Tour show, then Dangerous over Triumph and then Bad over Dangerous

But I'll support any petition to get a new concert from the Estate. Great idea Hulkamaniac

Why not. but I think the Estate don't have full say over this, as the Jacksons family is also involved. And since the family doesn't think too highly of the Estate............

Here we go again...

Serious question: Why some of you say that "this is not just a MJ Estate decision because it involves the brothers". Okay, it's true. But what's the deal? All of them would make TONS of money. Btw, the brothers wanted to release the Victory Tour in Laserdisc back in '87.

v1.jpg

v2.jpg

Watch 2:41 in slow motion. You'll see a Shake Your Body snippet with the WBSS jacket! It may even be a rehearsal. There must be lots of footage of this whole tour on film for a high definition release.

Last edited:
And MJ and his brothers performance is amazing as well!

I agree, and even though the TV version is over edited, to me, is better than Munich '97. Why? Because at least they used pre recorded vocals from that period (in The Jacksons part). The HWT would have been way better with pre recorded vocals FOR THE TOUR instead of the studio version for the CDs. All imo.

In this day and age someone must be able to communicate with the jackson brothers about this....please... :) :)

I wonder if this is film or not?

It was uploaded on Jacksons Vevo channel some years ago and was then removed.

Indeed the Estate owes us concert shows that we deserve to check out and to get our hands on. I was satisfied with the Bad Tour Wembley 1988 show, but we're all salivating for me more and that and the Dangerous Tour Bucharest 1992 show just wasn't enough. Come on Estate we deserve more than that!

Im still curious where this clip is from. Its really good quality for an amateur. Same night.

This tour was obviously meant for release. If we cant get Bad tour on film...we should push for Victory tour in HD.

Robbsaber01;4264934 said:
Im still curious where this clip is from. Its really good quality for an amateur. Same night.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tn43nWeWpl4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This tour was obviously meant for release. If we cant get Bad tour on film...we should push for Victory tour in HD.

Bit off topic, but I love how when Jermaine starts the song, everybody stands up as if they’re about to leave, but when Michael comes out, they sit back down.

I really do believe that Toronto was meant for release. As someone said, the VHS tape from Jeff was sourced from the master tape, and the way that the show was recorded is different to Kansas and Dallas. And you heard about the Victory multitrack rumor? There was a video by kai which he uploaded to Youtube... comparing This Is It's Beat It vocals to Toronto... they were IDENTICAL. Even if it wasn't from Toronto, there IS multitracks for the Victory Tour somewhere, and there's also film out there waiting to be restored.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that this time we don't want a specific show from the tour, but we do want it in the highest possible quality.

z21;4264913 said:
Oh no. Billie Jean from it is one of best ever.
Even I would prefer some of the HIStory Tour Billie Jean performances than the ones in MSG 2001. Maybe it is not as bad as the Johannesburg performance per say, albeit the Brunei and Basel performances are far more superior in terms of energy and spirit. The difference can be observed easily. Not as much mic holding and Michael is clearly more into the music in those performances than the ones in MSG 2001. Sure, the performances are all mostly lip synched and it is pretty much the same routine as in any other HIStory Tour Billie Jean performance. Even though Michael was growing with age, I expected better for the last ever Billie Jean performance.

But anyway, back to the original topic. ^ Shake Your Body with the WBSS jacket may have been worn in one of the Washington D.C. shows in September. I don’t think it is a rehearsal. It is strange though because usually Michael just continues the song with the Billie Jean outfit, so I wonder if he wore that jacket in Billie Jean as well, unless he just quickly changed into that jacket in that short intermission on stage (almost like the transition in the Dangerous Tour from I’ll Be There to Thriller). If this petition will work, I think more than 100 people will need to sign to actually persuade the Estate to take action, unless that was the number required in the Wembley 1988 petition. People have formed countless petitions over the years to release concerts, some a flop and some actually succeed, such as the Wembley 1988 one. I just hope that the Estate takes this petition seriously. This year already marks the 35th anniversary of the Victory Tour, and nothing released from it in a while.

It is strange though because usually Michael just continues the song with the Billie Jean outfit, so I wonder if he wore that jacket in Billie Jean as well

Makes sense but I can't imagine Mike performing Billie Jean with the WBSS jacket lol

btw, can some Youtuber make a cool video for this campaign? The more people hear about it the better :)

I really do believe that Toronto was meant for release. As someone said, the VHS tape from Jeff was sourced from the master tape, and the way that the show was recorded is different to Kansas and Dallas. And you heard about the Victory multitrack rumor? There was a video by kai which he uploaded to Youtube... comparing This Is It's Beat It vocals to Toronto... they were IDENTICAL. Even if it wasn't from Toronto, there IS multitracks for the Victory Tour somewhere, and there's also film out there waiting to be restored.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that this time we don't want a specific show from the tour, but we do want it in the highest possible quality.
I heard of that rumor. Its interesting if true. If they used film (which they did) they must of used HQ multitracks for at least one show. Even the "official" Heartbreak hotel clip sounds releasable.
Heres the full comment on the guy that worked as the lighting crew. 18 cameras in total. I should of asked him about Film/audio.

Hudson112;4264936 said:
Bit off topic, but I love how when Jermaine starts the song, everybody stands up as if they’re about to leave, but when Michael comes out, they sit back down.

Hahahahaha. :laughing:

Back