Phil Collins Announces Retirement

Well good, glad he took time to clear everything up.

I think eventually once his kids are a bit older, he will eventually make a comeback.

I hope so too.
I love his music so, so much :yes:

... ok, call me crazy, but this reminds me so much of Michael. It's great he can take the time to care for his family.

Ok, this is the classical case of media spreading lies. This is the official statement of Mr. Phil Collins in his official page today.

He IS retiring, but for very different reasons. We should know about this. We just can't trust media!!!
:agree:

Thanks for the link.

So glad he's not saying the big goodbye :D

Last edited:
Phil is my second favorite male singer while Michael is my number one favorite. But I think Phil is a genius also. I am sad that Phil is retiring. But still, I understand his feelings. As I said before, I will miss him.

I am really surprise to hear this. Especially since I remember really liking his music back in the 80s. Because of my mother was almost always listening to his group Genesis. I still like some of his music now of course. Phil has always been one of my favorite singers. But after reading about why he wants to retired. I can pretty much understand his reason.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a307206/phil-collins-vows-to-quit-music.html

"Phil Collins has revealed that he is to quit music.
The 'Easy Lover' singer has sold over 150 million records. "I don't think anyone's going to miss me," he told FHM.
"I'm sorry that it was all so successful. I honestly didn't mean it to happen like that. It's hardly surprising that people grew to hate me.
"The star, who now lives in Switzerland, has suffered numerous health issues over recent years, only serving to make his job as a musician more difficult. He also claimed that he feels like an outsider in the modern music industry.
"I look at the MTV Music Awards and I think: 'I can't be in the same business as this'. I don't really belong to that world and I don't think anyone's going to miss me."I'm much happier to write myself out of the script entirely."
The singer recently revealed that he considered suicide during a few rough periods in his life.

Really sad to read this. I really like Phil and believe that people would still accept him in today's musical age. I'm 18, so missed out on when Phil was very successful, but i've managed to become familiar with a lot of his work.
Thanks Phil, all the best.

I can understand him very much... Look how the music industry looks and sounds like today? Of course there are people missing these great artists who have beautified the world of music, but they aren't needed by record companies anymore, they're lusting for fresh blood that's easy to control. Although I can understand this retirement may give some a feeling of pride.. Phil is realistic and it's actually a good move wanting out of this perverted entertainment. Hopefully he's not too depressive.... It's very difficult to feel like you're not wanted anymore. All the strength and best of health to him, horrible that he considered suicide..

That's so sad that he has considered suicide. :(

I love Phil Collins, I always loved how he made music that was from the heart. I always found him a very pleasant artist and really enjoyed his work.

So glad Phil cleared all this up. I fully respect his decision to put being a father before music. Really going to miss his music though. :(
All my favourite artists aren't really around anymore, Michael's gone, Phil's retired, Meat Loaf isn't really 'big' anymore :(
I just can't see anyone in this generation that can live up to who i have enjoyed.
Michael's music along with others from the past will do me fine i suppose.

Just to sidetrack... did MJ and Phil ever do anything together? Any express their views on one another?

I remember there being a quote from Phil about MJ's love for children

He said something along the lines of

''The reason why Michael loves children so much is because they never try to back stab him and get money from him like so many of the adults in his life''

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Our list of "Truly Talented Entertainers Still In The Business" is getting ever smaller!!!!!!

did he said for ever? :(
oh great, I'm sad again.
Yes... that's why's so important to look for the closest source. I am glad he gave this logical explanation and I admire him for doing this. But yes, my selfish me is sad we'll have no more new music. However, we never know what the future might bring :)

I think he once presented Michael with an award....but no collaboration musically.
Yes, Billboard 1992, great!! In Neverland!!

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZfaJiMG7s

(off topic... does anybody know how I can post a YouTube video??? it's doesn't work anymore!)

Last edited:
Yes... that's why's so important to look for the closest source. I am glad he gave this logical explanation and I admire him for doing this. But yes, my selfish me is sad we'll have no more new music. However, we never know what the future might bring :)

Yes, Billboard 1992, great!! In Neverland!!

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZfaJiMG7s

(off topic... does anybody know how I can post a YouTube video??? it's doesn't work anymore!)

url address is :
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZfaJiMG7s"

instead of type youtube, instead of http add...eZfaJiMG7s [youtube]IeZfaJiMG7s[/youtube]

Remember this..........I Can't Dance by Genesis!!!

It includes a Black Or White panther dance parody starting at 4:14!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!

Back